Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Been having issues with Trevenant's Harvest ability not activating when expected so thought I'd better check my understanding of the triggering of the ability.

This is what's happening - Bestow is used, Harvest hasn't yet been skill swapped as I want to retain the berry on Trev and it's been more than 3 turns with no activation. I also have manual sun set before Bestow is used so Harvest should be 100%.

If a Harvest Trevenant uses Bestow to transfer a Leppa berry to the first pokemon in an SOS chain, should Harvest then activate on the Trev or is berry consumption the only trigger?
from bulbapedia...
Harvest can recover Berries consumed by Fling and Natural Gift; however, Harvest cannot recover Berries transferred to another Pokémon, Berries destroyed by Incinerate, Berries knocked off with Knock Off, or Berries eaten with Bug Bite or Pluck. Harvest cannot restore a Berry if it is collected by a Pokémon with Pickup. I
Since the berry is transferred and not used, this is why you didnt restore it.

For the level 80 fixed-encounter Wailord, what happens if you encounter it when visiting the Isle of Armor before beating the game? Is its level scaled down like everything else?

Is there a way to evolve Cubone and Pikachu to their Alolan variants or are the gift Alolan Raichu and Marowak the only way to get them?

Is there a way to evolve Cubone and Pikachu to their Alolan variants or are the gift Alolan Raichu and Marowak the only way to get them?
No known way, however if your concern is competitive usage and have gen 7 games, there's the new NPC that makes past gen pokemon legal

How do I get teleport and wish on clef, On cartridge?

How do I get teleport on slowbro, on cartridge?
Two possibilities:
- From Virtual Console Generation I games to Pokémon Bank, and then to HOME, and then to the games. Keep in mind this method only allows getting Pokémon with Hidden Abilities.
- From Let's Go to HOME, and then to the games.

Either way has access to a Teleport TM.

For Clefable, then you need another one with Wish, and transfer the Egg Move through the Nursery.

A Wishing Piece allows you to make a Wild Area den reactivate so you do more raids. It seems dens have wide 'mon tables, so seems unlikely to get any one particular 'mon you might be hunting for.

Is the general purpose of the Wishing Piece to keep chucking them into dens until you get the mon you are hunting for? Or is there some other purpose? This method sounds like a drag, so I've never used but a few Wishing Pieces.

You can ignore uses related to Cram-o-matic.

A Wishing Piece allows you to make a Wild Area den reactivate so you do more raids. It seems dens have wide 'mon tables, so seems unlikely to get any one particular 'mon you might be hunting for.

Is the general purpose of the Wishing Piece to keep chucking them into dens until you get the mon you are hunting for? Or is there some other purpose? This method sounds like a drag, so I've never used but a few Wishing Pieces.
Pretty much yes, it's a way to "target" the den if you know what mon spawns in it.
Before the Gmax events it was also the only way to try and obtain most G-maxes... with a bit of from with time travel and RNG manip

Maybe a bit of a dumb question, but how does Dynamax work in Multi battles?

iirc (& please correct me if I'm wrong), with Megas & Z Moves each trainer in the multi battle could mega or use the z move. Is the same for Dynamax? Provided their partner is off the field of course.

Aside from idle curiosity it will probably matter in the Tundra's Stars tournament since aside from Piers likely everyone will be capable of dynamaxing.

Maybe a bit of a dumb question, but how does Dynamax work in Multi battles?

iirc (& please correct me if I'm wrong), with Megas & Z Moves each trainer in the multi battle could mega or use the z move. Is the same for Dynamax? Provided their partner is off the field of course.
I don't think it's possible to answer this for now, as there's no way to have a MultiBattle currently.

(Also GF might probably take the Lazy escape and just prevent Dynamaxing altoghether in that tourney)

I don't think it's possible to answer this for now, as there's no way to have a MultiBattle currently.

(Also GF might probably take the Lazy escape and just prevent Dynamaxing altoghether in that tourney)
Whoa really? I had no idea Multi Battles were removed; you still had them in the main story (albeit never where you can dynamax....) so I just assumed it was a side option as usual.

I wonder if you could hack it in somehow and see what happens... hmmm...

?? What do you mean you can't have a multi-battle currently?? Do you just mean there are no in-game multi-battles with partner NPCs?

Multi-battles are definitely possible with other players, and in that format the ability to dynamax swaps back and forth between the two players on a side, and only one can actually dynamax. See, e.g., DuncanCantDie or Hoodlum Callum's free-for-all style videos. In particular, in the linked video of Callum's they actually dynamax and you see that afterwards that the players on the opposite side no longer get the message about who can dynamax. (They don't usually dynamax in these videos, so off the top of my head I don't remember if there's one where you directly see the button is gone).

Is there a way to evolve Pokemon that evolve by trade in HGSS since Nintendo has discontinued their support for old games?
For the emulator version since my DS broke and I moved everything into my laptop. If this question is not allowed, then I'll just remove the post.

Is there a way to evolve Pokemon that evolve by trade in HGSS since Nintendo has discontinued their support for old games?
For the emulator version since my DS broke and I moved everything into my laptop. If this question is not allowed, then I'll just remove the post.
It's just internet that's taken down; local wireless trading will still work fine as that's a built-in feature.

And I've not looked into it, but there are definitely people who have set up their own servers to facilitate Gen 4 & 5 Wi-Fi as well as stuff like Mario Kart. Might be worth looking up

I know most of us played this after beating the game, but does the Isle of Armor put in any roadblocks requiring you to progress the main story before you can move on?

The only one I can actively think of is the post-urshifu segment which judging by how Hop speaks, the level 80 Vespiquen raid and of course Mustard's finale, is post-post game. BUt I was idly curious if say the third trial required you to beat Milo first or if Kubfu needed you to be beat Kabu or something.

Does anyone know if Illusion works properly in Ranked in this game? In previous games the opponent would see type advantages based on zoroark instead of the pokemon it looked like making it unviable in previous games

Is breeding 29 HP IV on Life Orb Mons still a desirable thing?
It's not quite that simple and depends on the species base stat and how you EV them. Essentially you want their HP stat to be one less than a multiple of 10 if that's easy to do. Best way to check this is using Showdown to put together EV spreads and you can see if this is worthwhile. (Obviously if it was 175 by default, there's no point reducing it's IVs by enough to get it to 169 because that only works out more efficient after 7 Life Orb'd attacks.

Does anyone know if Illusion works properly in Ranked in this game? In previous games the opponent would see type advantages based on zoroark instead of the pokemon it looked like making it unviable in previous games
I haven't checked this first hand, but i think i saw something that said it has been fixed with the recent update. There's probably confirmation in the Battle Mechanics Research Thread.

So I have been trying to get multiple King Rocks through wild Hawlucha, and use the wanderer one from Hammerlocke to encounter them. With my itemless Compound Eyes Galvantula in the lead, I thought I would get one in no time.

But they never held one. I soft-reset in front of the Hawlucha and each time I encounter it, there's no Kings Rock. I don't think this is a bad luck scenario, so is there anything I'm missing?

So I have been trying to get multiple King Rocks through wild Hawlucha, and use the wanderer one from Hammerlocke to encounter them. With my itemless Compound Eyes Galvantula in the lead, I thought I would get one in no time.

But they never held one. I soft-reset in front of the Hawlucha and each time I encounter it, there's no Kings Rock. I don't think this is a bad luck scenario, so is there anything I'm missing?
I think those encounters spawn their info at generation dont they? I know someone in the testing thread ws using one specific wooper they saved in front of for static stat testing

5% is a pretty low chance. Might take a while.
With compound eyes its 20%

I think those encounters spawn their info at generation dont they? I know someone in the testing thread ws using one specific wooper they saved in front of for static stat testing
So how much consistency is there regarding how it spawns? I found out the gender at least can change when respawning Hawlucha, so there should at least be something different.

And if really does spawn the data before being encountered, does that mean Compound Eyes doesn't affect it at all?

So how much consistency is there regarding how it spawns? I found out the gender at least can change when respawning Hawlucha, so there should at least be something different.

And if really does spawn the data before being encountered, does that mean Compound Eyes doesn't affect it at all?
You have to completely despawn the pokemon to roll a different mon. e.g., bike away from it until it shrinks into nothing and then bike back towards it to generate a new spawn. If you save in front of it and just soft reset without despawning it will always be the same mon. Doing this I don't think there is any dependence of the new spawn on whatever the old spawn was.

I don't know about the hold items or compound eyes. I've only used the method to hunt marks or specific IVs in a stat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)