Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

I was just EV training on my Emerald cartridge. I was using a Shelgon (level 48) and I was continuously fighting Shuppet (around level 25) for the Attack IVs. It occured to me that some of those Shuppet outsped me. No priority moves were used. How is this possible? Am I missing something?
Was Shelgon holding a Macho Brace? That thing cuts Speed by half.

The only option if it's not carrying a Macho Brace would be that shuppet used Shadow Sneak, which is in his moveset at that level

upload_2017-9-18_23-51-29.png

Yep, it was Macho Brace.

Stupid me. I noticed when my Salamence got outsped by a Golbat, hahaha. Thanks for the replies.

At what point in Gold/Silver can I bench my HM slaves (Sentret/Bellsprout for Cut and Psyduck for Strength/Flash/Waterfall/Whirlpool)?

You can't, pretty much. If I remember correctly you even need that stuff in Victory Road and Jotho so...

Whirlpool though is only really needed to access Whirl Islands if I'm not wrong.

In RSE, what's the fastest way to get 12000 coins? I already beat the champion, if that matters.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In RSE, what's the fastest way to get 12000 coins? I already beat the champion, if that matters.
Buy them at the Game Corner, maybe?

As for where to get the money, there's a Rich Boy that can be rebattled just outside the south entrance to Petalburg Woods, who only has a Linoone and pays out p7,200 from the fourth rematch onwards. The Linoone holds a Nugget too, which can be stolen if you have Thief. There's also a Lady with the exact same properties and payout north of the forest. Petalburg Woods can be traversed north-to-south without stepping into grass, so you can fly to Rustboro City, go back-and-forth to Route 104 until both trainers want to rebattle (check the Trainer's Eyes), go down and rebattle them, and then fly back up and repeat. Bring a Pokémon with Thief and an Amulet Coin, and you can make a cool p38,800 per cycle.

Not sure where to post this but something that's bugged me for a while is the lack of usefulness when it comes to the in game Pokedex. Has it ever been stated in interviews or somewhere why they don't add stuff to it that would be a huge benefit such as moves the Pokémon can learn, evolution methods etc? I feel that an encyclopedia for Pokémon should have at least these basic things.

Does smogon have a thread/subforum for trading on cartridge? If not, can anyone recommend some good, active trading sites?

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So if I got the one Pikachu event from last week using the pikachu20 code how am I supposed to get this one with the same code?
You can only obtain one of the six Hat Pikachu using the Pikachu20 code. They change out every week, but if you've already redeemed one, you can't obtain the other five.

How are Vivillon's forms considered with breeding?
I have a few off-region vivillons from XY, and i felt like breeding some to spread them around on GTS & wonder trade. But I'm not sure if the pattern carries to the children or if all children default to your current region.

Is there any way to dismantle a complete Zygarde? After obtaining every cell in I tried creating one, and only later I found out I can't destroy it to create another with the desired nature.

Is there any way to dismantle a complete Zygarde? After obtaining every cell in I tried creating one, and only later I found out I can't destroy it to create another with the desired nature.
Nope. You can trade for Aura Break Zygardes and break those down though.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In Emerald, what's the chance of a Nuzleaf outbreak on any one day? I'm pretty sure it's less than 1/7 because I've played for over 100 days and never had a Nuzleaf outbreak.

What are some of the best rematchable trainers in FRLG pre-Elite 4? I've been using the fighting-type trainers just outside of Ember Spa on One Island a lot but I'm wondering if there's anyone better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)