Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

I'm trying to find Aqua Tauros in Violet. Everything I can find online seems to indicate it just shows up in the middle of normal packs of Paldean Tauros, but I've checked a bunch of those packs and can't find it. Is this just extremely bad luck(I've seen well over 10 packs), does the different appearance not show up in the overworld, or does something have to trigger for it to appear?

I'm trying to find Aqua Tauros in Violet. Everything I can find online seems to indicate it just shows up in the middle of normal packs of Paldean Tauros, but I've checked a bunch of those packs and can't find it. Is this just extremely bad luck(I've seen well over 10 packs), does the different appearance not show up in the overworld, or does something have to trigger for it to appear?
I've been wondering this too because despite seeing tons of Tauros I never see the BLazing Tauros in scarlet either.

I've definitely just ran into (and with ran into, I mean they ran over me) wild water tauros in violet.
Seems honestly it's just a low chance to show up in any tauros pack.

The water ones are much easier to spot than the fire one prolly cause of the tail shape

They only seen to spawn in the packs in West Province, basically no one I've seen has found one in the herds in the East Province.

They only seen to spawn in the packs in West Province, basically no one I've seen has found one in the herds in the East Province.
That's where I found mine eventually. I'd checked there initially and searched a bunch, but switched areas in case the map I was using was wrong. When I went back later, I found it fairly fast.

Does roaring moon have any special conditions to get it to spawn? I've been looking in its hole in the wall and I've found two shiny pawmi before getting an ancient mence

Last edited:
Thank you! Serebii said the cave to the left of station 3 and I thought it the little hole next to it.
A easy trap :P Both Iron Valiant and Roaring Moon spawn in that hidden cave, and spawn rate isnt even low.

Now, Iron Thorns and Sandy Shocks, on other hand....

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I haven't owned a "new" Pokémon game since Sun and Moon and also haven't touched online PVP since like ORAS, so need some questions answered about online.
  • How long is the timer for online battles?
  • Does each player have a turn time allowance to prevent stalling?
  • If the timer does run out, how is the winner determined?

Speaking of spawn rates in the hidden cave, I am convinced that serebii is wrong that in-game day cycle doesn't affect spawns in area zero. Although you can't tell visually what time of day it is, the icon shows on the map, and for the life of me I never see a single flutter mane during the day in the roaring moon cave. It's only when it switches to night that I'm swimming in them there (Espeon also appears at a high rate during the day and vanishes at night).

Speaking of spawn rates in the hidden cave, I am convinced that serebii is wrong that in-game day cycle doesn't affect spawns in area zero. Although you can't tell visually what time of day it is, the icon shows on the map, and for the life of me I never see a single flutter mane during the day in the roaring moon cave. It's only when it switches to night that I'm swimming in them there (Espeon also appears at a high rate during the day and vanishes at night).
To answer this, just learned that non-shiny ghost Pokemon are automatically despawned during the day, hence when I could never find any then.

Note: not prevented from spawning, then spawn and are instantly despawned. This apparently makes shiny hunting flutter mane very easy. (Until fixed in patch, potentially)

Edit: tried this this evening, got 2 shinies in 30 min with no charm, just sandwich. ...both adamant with highish attack IV, but oh well, still pretty cool.

Last edited:
So I was under the impression that multi select was removed. But I pressed the minus button and was able to select multiple Pokemon in the PC. Was this a thing pre-patch?

So I was under the impression that multi select was removed. But I pressed the minus button and was able to select multiple Pokemon in the PC. Was this a thing pre-patch?
it's always been there - although one of my biggest gripes is that they changed it from the method we've been used to for like 4 years or something (pressing minus is so.. awkward for me lol)

Based on the encounter data (https://pastebin.com/hhdpw1M7) and my experience in Violet, the overworld time of day has no effect on flutter mane. I’m usually drowning in Jugulis 24/7 and the data for flutter mane is identical other than the game.
Time of day probably does affect Espeon, Umbreon, and Honchkrow though since they’re “any grass/cave/rocks” spawns that’re also limited by time of day. This wouldn’t affect Lycanrock or Venomoth since they have special spawns for area zero that’re all day, and the rest of the time-of-day exclusives are too low-level to show up in area zero.

Last edited:
Based on the encounter data (https://pastebin.com/hhdpw1M7) and my experience in Violet, the overworld time of day has no effect on flutter mane. I’m usually drowning in Jugulis 24/7 and the data for flutter mane is identical other than the game.
Time of day probably does affect Espeon, Umbreon, and Honchkrow though since they’re “any grass/cave/rocks” spawns that’re also limited by time of day. This wouldn’t affect Lycanrock or Venomoth since they have special spawns for area zero that’re all day, and the rest of the time-of-day exclusives are too low-level to show up in area zero.
The key difference between Jugulis and Flutter Mane is that Flutter Mane is a ghost. In a follow-up post above I mentioned that apparently ghosts are auto-despawned during the day, which presumably occurs somewhere else in code and not the spawn tables, and evidently doesn't carve out an exception for flutter mane or area zero (whether intended or not).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)