Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

THe only one interestingly seems Booster Energy?
Booster Energy and Light Ball are basically the only items you may want to look for.

You do get a single booster item during the game.
Interestingly, thanks to held items not being consumed anymore,you don't even need Frisk to scout for it. All paradoxes carrying it will istantly activate it, so you can just catch them and they will be carrying it

With large majority of items being simply bought in shop, wild held items are more or less pointless. Why would you spend 20 minutes grinding a 5% metal coat when you can... buy it right away?
Oh it's literally just a shop now? Okay then that's cool

Yep in SV you can buy pretty much 99% of the useful items.

All the competitive held items outside of Booster Energy and Light Ball can be bought (some are quite costly, but money isn't exactly a issue anyway), and large majority of evolutionary items are also found in shops, as well as all of mints, caps, medicines and ability capsules.

The only exceptions are Ice/Shiny/Dusk/Dawn stones which can be found on the ground, berries (also on the ground) and the Kingambit evo item (held by pack leader bisharps), as well as Ability Patches which are currently a drop from 6-7 star raids.

Thats why I had the little note here
Metal Coats are in Levincia Delibird Mart btw
Yep in SV you can buy pretty much 99% of the useful items.

All the competitive held items outside of Booster Energy and Light Ball can be bought (some are quite costly, but money isn't exactly a issue anyway), and large majority of evolutionary items are also found in shops, as well as all of mints, caps, medicines and ability capsules.

The only exceptions are Ice/Shiny/Dusk/Dawn stones which can be found on the ground, berries (also on the ground) and the Kingambit evo item (held by pack leader bisharps), as well as Ability Patches which are currently a drop from 6-7 star raids.
and the kingambit evo item isnt even something you need to have to evolve!

In X & Y, is it possible to purchase both of the Kanto Starter Mega Stones that you didn’t choose before reaching the Elite Four? The guy at the Stone Emporium has only sold me the Charizardite thus far. I know you can bring down his asking price by increasing your style, but is there some other condition to get him to offer the second Mega Stone? Is it like a timed thing, like maybe he won’t sell again until after a few days?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In X & Y, is it possible to purchase both of the Kanto Starter Mega Stones that you didn’t choose before reaching the Elite Four? The guy at the Stone Emporium has only sold me the Charizardite thus far. I know you can bring down his asking price by increasing your style, but is there some other condition to get him to offer the second Mega Stone? Is it like a timed thing, like maybe he won’t sell again until after a few days?
According to Bulbapedia, after you enter the Hall of Fame do they offer the Kanto Starter Mega Stone that is super effective to the one you chose.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Well, I chose Bulbasaur, and he sold me the Charizardite. I only have 7 Badges at the moment though.
Ugh, I checked a batch of other guides and they weren't as helpful. A few say you get the stones post game, some mention specifically able to get one before the Pokemon League. So I'm going to guess the other Stone is unlocked via beating the Pokemon League.

So I've been playing a lot of the Pokemon Dream Radar in the last couple of days trying to get a Ralts, however no matter what I try it just won't appear for some reason. I've caught Thundurus and have been spamming the orange orbs, but so far I've encountered nothing but a bunch of Staryu (I would have caught at least 25 of them so far) and half a dozen Porygon. Is there some additional requirement for Ralts to appear that I'm not aware of? Or am I just really unlucky?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So I've been playing a lot of the Pokemon Dream Radar in the last couple of days trying to get a Ralts, however no matter what I try it just won't appear for some reason. I've caught Thundurus and have been spamming the orange orbs, but so far I've encountered nothing but a bunch of Staryu (I would have caught at least 25 of them so far) and half a dozen Porygon. Is there some additional requirement for Ralts to appear that I'm not aware of? Or am I just really unlucky?
Found this GameFAQs thread from 10 years ago, sounds like bad luck, but keep trying!

There's also a Smogon guide if you haven't read it, think the General Tips at the bottom could be helpful.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kind of a weird question that I'm not sure anyone will be able to answer, but this is the best place I can think to ask and it's worth a shot.

I know the Stadium games are capable of playing the Gen I and Gen II games on your N64, but I want to know how it's accomplished. Is the N64 natively capable of Game Boy (Color) emulation and the Stadium games are just telling the console to use it, or is the software/hardware built into the carts like how the Super Game Boy for the SNES works?

Kind of a weird question that I'm not sure anyone will be able to answer, but this is the best place I can think to ask and it's worth a shot.

I know the Stadium games are capable of playing the Gen I and Gen II games on your N64, but I want to know how it's accomplished. Is the N64 natively capable of Game Boy (Color) emulation and the Stadium games are just telling the console to use it, or is the software/hardware built into the carts like how the Super Game Boy for the SNES works?
I believe it is built into the cart, and if I wanted to take a more specific guess, probably a personalized emulator which is why it can only play the Pokemon games.

e: I'd hazard that the same would also apply to Pokemon Box's situation. The gamecube didn't have a native GBA emulator that the eventual GBA Player/Box would tap into, the Player/Box had to set up their own playback.

More like the latter. Stadium itself has a GB/C emulator that runs inside it, which is different to the Super Game Boy which was basically Game Boy hardware in the cartridge.

Some other notes:

Stadium does support playing non-Pokemon games to some degree, though you have to wait for it to fully load in the game, compared to the Pokemon games that can load immediately. This is because the Stadiums store some ROM banks from the Gen 1/2 games to preload data from the N64 cart if their checksums match. However, Stadium 2's checksum for Crystal doesn't actually match with the data from the final US release, so you have to wait for it to slowly load the whole game from the Transfer Pak every time. In the same vein, Bulbapedia also notes that the Spanish versions of RB can be played on English Stadium 1 which also requires a long loading screen for similar reasons (having the right header but failing the checksums that are meant for English RB).

A full mod has been made for Stadium 2 to allow you to play other games with it as a standalone emulator as well.

Hoping this is the right place to post
Can anyone explain to me how to get an arboliva and brambleghast with strength sap? Also a hatterne with mystical fire? Honestly not sure what I’m missing in looking at egg groups but it isn’t making sense to me
I think this is where you want this, and will proabbly be locked & moved over here anyway so...

The way egg moves work in SV is you can pass it the original way (parents) or the new way that involves the Mirror Herb (what you want here)
Make sure the Pokemon you want to learn the move has an open slot in their movelist and is holding the Mirror Herb. Then, get a Pokemon with the (compatible) move you want to pass over. Finally enter a Picnic, then close the Picnic. You don't need to make sandwiches or anything. I suggest just opening a picnic with the 2 specific Pokemon to avoid other moves sneaking their way in.

For strength sap you'll want a Polteageist or Drifblim. For Mystical Fire you'll need Gardevoir, Mismagius, Armarouge or Flutter mane.

e: Sorry correction, I believe the Pokemon you want to teach the move needs the Mirror Herb.

Last edited:
If a Pokemon acquires a non-level-up move through a normal means like Mirror Herb/Breeding/TM, can they relearn it if you swap it off, or do you have to use said method again?

Mostly curious for rotating certain coverage or utility moves on my raid mons vs raising secondary copies to fill other niches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)