ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Water Pulse and Shock Wave are former TMs that lost their status in Gen V. More importantly, they were TMs originally handed to you by Wallace/Juan and Wattson respectively. In OR/AS they will have to give you a different TM instead (likely Scald and Charge Beam). This explains why both of these moves are now tutorable. Other than those two moves, the Move Tutor list seems to be exactly like Black 2/White 2's, which is fine by me as several Gen VI Pokemon can highly benefit from an increased movepool, especially Pangoro.

What I find most peculiar is that Dark Pulse is listed as a tutor move, even though it's already a TM. TMs have to remain the same across all games in a generation (except for HMs). It's possible that this information inside the OR/AS demo may be from an earlier prototype build.

Regarding the trainer team tables, there are no rematches against Gym Leaders, and all Gym Leaders use their teams from Ruby and Sapphire, instead of Emerald. This disappoints me a little bit, but I was pretty pleased to see the Elite Four/Champion rematches, as well as the solid team Wally ends up putting together and even your own rival as well. I do however find the lack of a Battle Frontier a bit disappointing. This 'Battle Resort' is probably the Battle Tower from Ruby/Sapphire with the inclusion of all these fine move tutors and maybe some minor extra goodies.

What I find most peculiar is that Dark Pulse is listed as a tutor move, even though it's already a TM. TMs have to remain the same across all games in a generation (except for HMs). It's possible that this information inside the OR/AS demo may be from an earlier prototype build..
They don't, actually. You can't trade them anymore. Back in BW2, some people thought maybe they would start changing them up between games but...

Anyway, we did get one change. Rock Smash became an HM and Secret Power replaced it

I am pretty sure this interview happened last week, before the proper unveiling of Pidgeot, Beedrill, Glalie & Steelix
ANd judging by the first question about rayquaza (which might just be weirdly translated...even with spanish google translate isnt that great) it may even be last month?

Seriously, Hoopa's new form freaks me the Hell out. Does anyone else just find it creepy?
Yeah, it does look demonic. Like a fusion of Hecatoncheir with a Buddhist or Hindu demon.

I'm more surprised by the gulf of the change between the base Hoopa and this... soopa doopa hoopa. Other than color palate they barely look the same.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am pretty sure this interview happened last week, before the proper unveiling of Pidgeot, Beedrill, Glalie & Steelix
ANd judging by the first question about rayquaza (which might just be weirdly translated...even with spanish google translate isnt that great) it may even be last month?
It was published yesterday if it means anything, but you might be right.

RIP Mega Flygon, you will be missed by everyone except Mario With Lasers.

It was it said in the article that it was early October right before Rayquaza was revealed. But the use of "many" new mega evolutions is intriguing, as there were only 5 revealed following the article. That constitutes as a "few" to me. Not "many". MEGA FLYGON IS NOT DEAD!

It was it said in the article that it was early October right before Rayquaza was revealed. But the use of "many" new mega evolutions is intriguing, as there were only 5 revealed following the article. That constitutes as a "few" to me. Not "many". MEGA FLYGON IS NOT DEAD!
7, actually
Remember that hte Lati@s were properly revealed this month as well

and i think trying to apply "few" to 5 or 7 is a bit of a stretch
also come on guys, the one guy who uses a Flygon as his only pokemon uses it with a normal gem
THE DREAM IS DEAD
FOREVER

GEEZE

7, actually

also come on guys, the one guy who uses a Flygon as his only pokemon uses it with a normal gem
THE DREAM IS DEAD
FOREVER

GEEZE
Positive attitude, man! Doesn't mean he specifically HAS to use one.

I'll still be hopeful there are still a couple/few that weren't in the demo's data.

7, actually

THE DREAM IS DEAD
FOREVER

GEEZE
The Normal Gem could just be a placeholder since the Flygonite isn't in the game yet. Here's wishful thinking? Pretty much every major character except for Aarun has a mega so far. Why wouldn't they give him one?

Positive attitude, man! Doesn't mean he specifically HAS to use one.

I'll still be hopeful there are still a couple/few that weren't in the demo's data.
to which i must again point out how much they left in

at this point, the only thing notable thing left out that wasn't super-plot-relevant are the battle facility trainers
AND EVEN THOSE ARE PROBABLY IN THERE

to which i must again point out how much they left in

at this point, the only thing notable thing left out that wasn't super-plot-relevant are the battle facility trainers
AND EVEN THOSE ARE PROBABLY IN THERE
Geez you're being more pessimistic than I was last night. XD

Still, you do hold truth to your words. They did leave an incredible amount in the demo's data, but they may have had no choice.

Finally to end this off, my quick opinions of the Shiny versions of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza:

I both like and dislike it. For Mega Rayquaza nothing really changed, normal Shiny Rayquaza was also the same color scheme of black with yellow lines. But for Groudon and Kyogre this is a difference as normal Shiny Groudon was yellow/gold and normal Shiny Kyogre was pink:

Now the black and yellow is a nice color combination and them looking like Mega Rayquaza sort of shows they've risen to a level to where they're sort of equal to it, making them all look uniformed. But at the same time, they sort of lose some individuality to them. I think if they sort of stuck with the same shiny color scheme they might have been able to do something neat with them, like with Groudon they could have made it yellow with red magma and for Kyogre they could have made the transparent parts inside of it blue. But there's no point in speculating what they would look like now. So overall they look good, but kind of a shame Groudon and Kyogre lost their individual Shiny colors.
Why are you upset about groudon and kyogre losing the most hideous colour schemes ever

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
"Shigeru Ohmori : I can not give a specific number, but I can say that with X / Y and Omega Ruby / Sapphire Alpha you can catch all the Pokémon and complete the National Dex, just to give you an idea of how many Pokémon available."

Does this mean that every legendary Pokemon not in XY is in ORAS? Even the event ones?

"Shigeru Ohmori : I can not give a specific number, but I can say that with X / Y and Omega Ruby / Sapphire Alpha you can catch all the Pokémon and complete the National Dex, just to give you an idea of how many Pokémon available."

Does this mean that every legendary Pokemon not in XY is in ORAS? Even the event ones?
It's been confirmed that every legendary is in EXCEPT the event ones.

Geez you're being more pessimistic than I was last night. XD

Still, you do hold truth to your words. They did leave an incredible amount in the demo's data, but they may have had no choice.
they had plenty of choice

excise everything not within the demo
there is not reason whatsoever to leave all the trainer data in there, or all the map data

they had plenty of choice

excise everything not within the demo
there is not reason whatsoever to leave all the trainer data in there, or all the map data
Well its either build the demo off a build of the game or build the demo from scratch. They chose to make it off a build of the game. Everything is probably not included in the files though.

I'll still keep a positive attitude towards it anyways. If there isn't any new mega evolutions, oh well. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)