ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If anyone was not hyped for "Hoenn remake" alone, that person does not deserve to walk on earth and call oneself a Pokemon fan.
Yeah, screw those young kids who weren't even alive when RSE came out and are just getting in to the series with X and Y. They can so go to hell.

I'm with Age of Kings on this, to be honest. Not having the Battle Frontier would be a majorly dick move on GF's since it's probably the best part about Emerald (blatant AI cheating aside), and replacing it with something different might actually be more insulting to fans.

Yeah, screw those young kids who weren't even alive when RSE came out and are just getting in to the series with X and Y. They can so go to hell.

I'm with Age of Kings on this, to be honest. Not having the Battle Frontier would be a majorly dick move on GF's since it's probably the best part about Emerald (blatant AI cheating aside), and replacing it with something different might actually be more insulting to fans.
I know this is Smogon and all but like

reaaaaally? Was it really???
i found it incredibly tedious, gimmicky, and spiteful. I'd rather have Platinum's BF again just dropped in wholesale. At least its gimmicks weren't as bad.

I'm interested in how the ORAS plot will tie with the XY one. Wallace mentions AZ showing up in Hoenn, and that he brought a freaking tree with him. A tree is not something that you just happen to have in your pocket and decide to leave as a souvenir, even for AZ. Episode Delta will tie with events that happened 3000 years ago, which is when the Ultimate Weapon was fired. There's also a image of Mr. Stone talking about an event that also happened 3000 years ago. I've seen some people point out that the laser that caused the space virus mutation mentioned in Deoxys's dex entries might be the Ultimate Weapon, either when it was first fired to stop the war or when Lysandre did it in XY.
Also, what was that war about? The Parfum Palace was built when Kalos won a war against a neighbouring region. It is unlkiely that said region is Hoenn since it is island-based and has no borders, yet at the same time Hoenn is confirmed to have been affected by the conflict somehow. Well, England is island-based and has been in war with France more than once, but comparing tropical paradise Hoenn to England seems quite a stretch.
I have this theory that Pokémon X2Y2/Z will happen in this new region instead(?) of Kalos, based in either Germany or the United Kingdom, but this thread is about ORAS so I should cut it out.

P.S.: Cradily didn't get Wide Guard, I'm inconsolable. Really, with Storm Drain + Earthquake/Surf blocking, it would be Mega Camerupt's VGC wife.

I guess I'm not a Pokemon fan anymore because I lost all of my hype as soon as Battle Frontier was deconfirmed.
Has it ever been confirmed? The fact that they didn't mention a thing about it doesn't mean it won't be in the game.

I talked about everyone that played in the past. For the new ones, the ones that started with XY, it's a whole new world to explore, new mega evolutions, there are plenty of things. And if they never played before, as you mentioned, then it's not "ssdd", it's a new game to play, that asks for a whole new attitude, but you still gotta catch'em all... You know how it goes.

STORY AND PLOT STUFF
We got a cool thread called Mysteries of Pokemon that's great for talking about fan theories and unexplained stuff, along with trivia and easter eggs. This would be perfect for it.

...I might be also trying to keep that thread alive without having to give it a kick every other month...

Has it ever been confirmed? The fact that they didn't mention a thing about it doesn't mean it won't be in the game.

I talked about everyone that played in the past. For the new ones, the ones that started with XY, it's a whole new world to explore, new mega evolutions, there are plenty of things. And if they never played before, as you mentioned, then it's not "ssdd", it's a new game to play, that asks for a whole new attitude, but you still gotta catch'em all... You know how it goes.
Yeah these people have only had the game for like a day, give them some time to explore the region a bit.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Getting the Latis that early is a godsend. They're good Surf slaves, you can get the TM for Thunderbolt from New Mauville (assuming this is like the originals) to deal with the endgame Waters and Wallace, and Calm Mind from Tate and Liza will make Mega Latias invincible.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know this is Smogon and all but like

reaaaaally? Was it really???
i found it incredibly tedious, gimmicky, and spiteful. I'd rather have Platinum's BF again just dropped in wholesale. At least its gimmicks weren't as bad.
Honestly, yes. Battle Frontier was thoroughly enjoyable for me, when I was younger I found that it had certain formats that catered to what I most enjoyed, and that they differed among my friends; and that as I grew the challenge of completing the Frontier was rewarding in it's own right. RSE is my favourite gen of pokemon in no small part thanks to the Frontier.

This is an actual thing? Well all I can say is keep an open mind. Remember when everyone denied Greninja/Carbink/Hawlucha?
greninja was

hawlucha was

binacle (diancie went unseen for a while)

Meanwhile the flygon is a blurry mess from the front, inconsistent with the back shot, the battle shot is inconsistent with literally every other battle shot

i feel like literally the only reason people are giving this the time of day is because mega flygon

greninja was

hawlucha was

binacle (diancie went unseen for a while)

Meanwhile the flygon is a blurry mess from the front, inconsistent with the back shot, the battle shot is inconsistent with literally every other battle shot

i feel like literally the only reason people are giving this the time of day is because mega flygon
I was just about to contrast and compare but you saved me the time, thank you.
While I did say keep an open mind, I'm leaning towards the mega Flygon pictures being fake.

i think evidence most certainly points to the pictures being fake. the more i look at the second picture, the more inconsistencies i see with the first. thank god that thing is uuuugly

As in actual spoilers not confirmed by GF.
I'm kind of weird like that.
Have you looked at the demo leaks because I mean
if that reviewer ever says more things (he may/may not, I dont think he added any pictures before releasing them and I dont think any further information has come out) it will probably pale in comparison

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hang on, leaks are coming through?
Is this a good time for anyone who doesn't like spoilers to drop out?
Maybe now it would be a good time to introduce the rule of using spoiler tags for leaks? (I saw it happened in the XY thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)