Resource ORAS Good Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Some cores are outdated and simply not as effective anymore in the current metagame as they used to be. Some old cores are from the last thread are still on the list.

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)
oh ok, thanks for the clarification

Medicham-Mega + Gliscor (Swords Dance) + Serperior
StallBreaker/BalanceBreaking Team

Sets:
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature/ Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch/ Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Dragon Pulse/ Substitute/ Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Giga Drain/ Glare

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Overview:
This core sinergizes so well and they do their job so incredibly. Let me Explain:
-Mega Medicham can destroy balanced teams like cake and Wallbreak a crapton of Pokemon and wallbreak really well.
-Serperior is a fast sweeper that even with its counters, a good Knock Off on the switch cripples them while Leech Seed stalls Chansey Out, a common counter when Facing Stall. And otherwise can pack a punch on Offensive/Balanced Teams.
-Swords Dance Gliscor can be a wincon against a lot of things like stall and Balanced teams alike and can handle stuff like status spammers well.

Weaknesses:
-Fast Offensive Pokemon like Weavile Tornadus-Therian and Talonflame
-Hazard Stack and Double-Switching.
-Slowbro, even if Serperior does check it, but since Foe has a way to handle Serperior and if Serperior dies, Slowbro stalls this team.

Reccomendations:
-Find a way to beat Weavile Torn T Mega Lopunny and Talonflame, as these Annoy this core.
-Have a Secondary or even a 3rd Slowbro Check/Counter like Thundurus or Latios etc.
-Since Double Switching is the bane of this team, Pursuit is lovely here.

This cores pretty crazy lol. Despite this, its pretty fun. Shoutouts to gen 5 and golden sun.

Superachi+Sub Magnezone Offensive Core

S
omthing ive been working on recently which ive had some nice success with is Cm jirachi+sub magnezone. Honestly im not going to lie. Choiced magnezone can be a real pain to use most of time because of how prediction reliant it can get. Its pretty much for this reason i almost never use zone. So anyways i decided to build around Cm jirachi because of how good this thing was in past gens. Superachi was a absolute monster back then. Anyways i went with energy ball+moonblast coverage for stall teams. Most notably the combination of mega sableye+quag/gastrodon/slowbro etc. this allowed rachi to take on common annoying pokemon on stall teams and typically quag is really annoying for zone vs stall because it shuts zone down. But the coverage on jirachi Means its walled by every single steel type if you dont run hp ground (tran). So zone makes for the perfect partner in this case because it removes skarm and pretty much any other steel types that cant fight back. This core is pretty good for breaking down more defensive teams and balance teams so offense breakers like Scarf keldeo can work really well here. Hazard supports not all that required here because both jirachi and zone resist rocks and zone traps all spikers so unless you pair these two with a rock weak pokemon its not needed. Rocks are generally useful so jirachi can KO Slowbro with a +2 E ball after rocks so this makes landorus-t a great partner as he can set rocks up while also patching up the ground weakness with this core. This core is pretty effective at removing fat water types and steel types so azumarill can make for a great partner due to how zone kills off Skarm while rachi lures in fat water types for azumarill. Mega dragon dancers that hate steel types such as Altaria really love the support these two provide. non mega dragon dancers like Gyarados and Dragonite also like steel types removed. Mega Diancie works well here thanks to Zone trapping steel types and means jirachi can drop moonblast for Hp ground. Also one last note is that Jirachi beats cm mg clef lacking Flamethrower thanks to Psyshock. Enjoy!

Apollo Ascent (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast / Hidden Power Ground
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

The Wise One (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest / Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Last edited:
Been playing around with Balance cores lately, seeing as the last ten teams I've made all have Scarf Kyurem-B in them.

M-Ampharos + Empoleon + Clefable Balance Core

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge / Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam / Hidden Power Fire

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower / Thunder Wave
A pretty uncommon Dragon-Steel-Fairy core, as far as I'm aware, but it's still one that provides a hell of a lot of useful role compression. Mega Fabio, while uncommon and rather shallow in movepool, has a great typing that lets it cockblock birdspam, Fire-types and Steel-types (except maybe that heat moonblast superachi set lol), as well as effectively absorbing status, spreading it with Discharge, and removing your own with Heal Bell. RestTalk is interesting with Heal Bell in that it improves the probability of you being able to control M-Amph's RNG, by potentially limiting the number of turns you're at the mercy of Sleep Talk. The EVs are explained in the OU Analyses subforum, but the main draws are avoiding the 2HKO from CharY after SR + Spikes, and enough defense to kinda-sorta handle M-Pinsir and Bisharp somewhat.

Empoleon is a synergistic godsend for M-Ampharos (outside of Ground and no flat 50% recovery moves). Empoleon can both wall and dispatch most of the fairies in the tier, can eat a Dragon attack or two in a pinch, as well as provide very useful Defog support. Shuca Berry is a potent lure for faster Ground-types, because there is nigh on nothing outside of CB Lando-T or something that can OHKO you with a Ground move through Shuca, letting you wipe them out with Scald or Ice Beam. For the observant, this is actually the UU Offensive Defog Empoleon set. 44 Speed is to outspeed base 65 speed uninvested, and the rest is for power and general bulk.

Clefable serves as a wincon, Kyurem-B check, Klefki check and soft physical attack check from the likes of M-Lopunny and several Dark-types. Due to Discharge and its relatively spammable nature, this set opts instead to deal with Scizor and Ferrothorn via Flamethrower. The set itself is nothing special, opting for the standard EV spread.

The slashes are fairly detailed in context. The main reasons I use Discharge over Volt Switch are to better deal with Talonflame and CharY without taking M-Amph out of the field, and to better synergize with Empoleon by hard-switching out on a predicted Ground-type right into Empoleon, rather than spamming Volt Switch and making it impossible for Empoleon to come in without being 2HKOed, while also not dealing very well with Talon and ZardY. However, if you still wish to use it over Discharge, it would be best to change Flamethrower to Thunder Wave on Clef to compensate the loss of speed control. In turn, it would be best to use the slashes on the Empoleon set to not lose coverage against Scizor and Ferro, while also having more power to OHKO SpDef Gliscor, which Scald fails to do outside of a Torrent boost.

You can also deviate from the sets above by using Stealth Rock on Clef, but you'll have to find a wincon or two elsewhere. Dragon Pulse is also usable over Heal Bell, but Empoleon really does like having status heals around (also move 20 EVs from SpDef to Spe to outspeed Hippo). In that vein, you could have some variant of Heal Bell and Wish on Unaware Clefable to better deal with SD Gliscor, but also being more vulnerable to Kyurem-B after rocks. Grass Knot on Empoleon is funny, but ultimately only useful for Quag/Gastro/Pert, so I really wouldn't use it. If Low Kick on Weavile, or any other Fighting coverage, is ticking you off, you could potentially run Chople Berry over Shuca, but you absolutely NEED to cover that glaring Ground weakness some other way.

Partners for this core include Bulk Up Talonflame as a secondary M-Alt check and wincon, Hippowdon as something that can spread Toxic if need be and a viable SR setter, and Lando-T if you want to run VoltTurn with M-Amph. Skarm and Ferro are also good if you want to run Spikes as well, especially Ferro as a secondary Kyurem-B check. Mamo is also a rather interesting choice, since it provides Ice Shard to pop Thundy (while being TWave immune!) and dragons, as well as potentially setting Rocks of its own.

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I really like the synergy that these 3 pokemon, you cover anywhere between them, Hydreigon defensive is very attractive, beats tran, Ferrothorn, slowbro, has access to roost , as well as having a set especially bothersome, check sand rush Excadrill and moldbreaker, also controls Bisharp, venu instead covers Keldeo, Breloom, Conkeldurr, fast electric as mega mane, Azumarill, clef, finally Clefable covers weakness against latios, this core is very fun, very easy to use because the pokemon you cover each other well, counsel to put a counter for mega Medicham, gengar, charizard y and X, good day ^^

the sets here :
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Dark Pulse

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Last edited:
Been playing around with Balance cores lately, seeing as the last ten teams I've made all have Scarf Kyurem-B in them.

M-Ampharos + Empoleon + Clefable Balance Core

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Calm Nature
- Discharge / Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam / Hidden Power Fire

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower / Thunder Wave
A pretty uncommon Dragon-Steel-Fairy core, as far as I'm aware, but it's still one that provides a hell of a lot of useful role compression. Mega Fabio, while uncommon and rather shallow in movepool, has a great typing that lets it cockblock birdspam, Fire-types and Steel-types (except maybe that heat moonblast superachi set lol), as well as effectively absorbing status, spreading it with Discharge, and removing your own with Heal Bell. RestTalk is interesting with Heal Bell in that it improves the probability of you being able to control M-Amph's RNG, by potentially limiting the number of turns you're at the mercy of Sleep Talk. The EVs are explained in the OU Analyses subforum, but the main draws are avoiding the 2HKO from CharY after SR + Spikes, and enough defense to kinda-sorta handle M-Pinsir and Bisharp somewhat.

Empoleon is a synergistic godsend for M-Ampharos (outside of Ground and no flat 50% recovery moves). Empoleon can both wall and dispatch most of the fairies in the tier, can eat a Dragon attack or two in a pinch, as well as provide very useful Defog support. Shuca Berry is a potent lure for faster Ground-types, because there is nigh on nothing outside of CB Lando-T or something that can OHKO you with a Ground move through Shuca, letting you wipe them out with Scald or Ice Beam. For the observant, this is actually the UU Offensive Defog Empoleon set. 44 Speed is to outspeed base 65 speed uninvested, and the rest is for power and general bulk.

Clefable serves as a wincon, Kyurem-B check, Klefki check and soft physical attack check from the likes of M-Lopunny and several Dark-types. Due to Discharge and its relatively spammable nature, this set opts instead to deal with Scizor and Ferrothorn via Flamethrower. The set itself is nothing special, opting for the standard EV spread.

The slashes are fairly detailed in context. The main reasons I use Discharge over Volt Switch are to better deal with Talonflame and CharY without taking M-Amph out of the field, and to better synergize with Empoleon by hard-switching out on a predicted Ground-type right into Empoleon, rather than spamming Volt Switch and making it impossible for Empoleon to come in without being 2HKOed, while also not dealing very well with Talon and ZardY. However, if you still wish to use it over Discharge, it would be best to change Flamethrower to Thunder Wave on Clef to compensate the loss of speed control. In turn, it would be best to use the slashes on the Empoleon set to not lose coverage against Scizor and Ferro, while also having more power to OHKO SpDef Gliscor, which Scald fails to do outside of a Torrent boost.

You can also deviate from the sets above by using Stealth Rock on Clef, but you'll have to find a wincon or two elsewhere. Dragon Pulse is also usable over Heal Bell, but Empoleon really does like having status heals around (also move 20 EVs from SpDef to Spe to outspeed Hippo). In that vein, you could have some variant of Heal Bell and Wish on Unaware Clefable to better deal with SD Gliscor, but also being more vulnerable to Kyurem-B after rocks. Grass Knot on Empoleon is funny, but ultimately only useful for Quag/Gastro/Pert, so I really wouldn't use it. If Low Kick on Weavile, or any other Fighting coverage, is ticking you off, you could potentially run Chople Berry over Shuca, but you absolutely NEED to cover that glaring Ground weakness some other way.

Partners for this core include Bulk Up Talonflame as a secondary M-Alt check and wincon, Hippowdon as something that can spread Toxic if need be and a viable SR setter, and Lando-T if you want to run VoltTurn with M-Amph. Skarm and Ferro are also good if you want to run Spikes as well, especially Ferro as a secondary Kyurem-B check. Mamo is also a rather interesting choice, since it provides Ice Shard to pop Thundy (while being TWave immune!) and dragons, as well as potentially setting Rocks of its own.
Correct me if i am wrong but wouldn't skarmory be more viable option than empoleon as skarmory does check a few pokemons that causes problem to this core like landorus-t and excadrill. At the same time, it provides defog support like empoleon with roost for longevity and on top of it tanks a few tanks hits quite decently. Nevertheless, it is a good core and will be trying it soon.

Offensive Core: Cloyster + Mantectric

Cloyster @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I know this is a pretty weird core and some people are probably thinking, "Wtf? Cloyster?" but bear with me please. The Metagame has reached a state where you can try out nearly anything to a pretty great effect. So I decided to try Cloyster. So Cloyster really hates Water-types and Steel-types. Even with a boost it still struggles to shell out (i made a funny) against them. So I did the most logical thing and paired it with Mega Manectric. Mega Manectric can pretty easily take care of what pains Cloyster such as Suicune and Azumarill as well as offer a form of switch initative as it is incredibly frail on the special side. What Manectric gains from pairing with Cloyster is a partner that can eliminate bulky-grounds very easily as well as break past threats like Clefable and the Latis. And we all know how common offensive teams are becoming. Well they're food for Cloyster plain and simple save for a few select Scarfers.

A few threats to this core include Bisharp as it gains a Defiant boost from Mega Manectric and can heavily threathen them both. This makes TankChomp a nice partner as it can setup Rocks while being a defensive check to it. Mega Venusaur is a bit to handle making Tornadus-T as excellent partner as it complete a VolTurn core and can Stallbreak to an extent. Tyranitar is pretty threatening as it can pick off an unboosted Cloyster and Mega Manectric is lacking in terms of damage towards it.

Balance Core: Mega Latias + Keldeo

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave / Calm Mind
- Ice Beam / Stored Power
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mega Latias has been seeing a lot of usage as of late so I decided to drop this simple core. Basically Mega Latias really hates Dark-types, especially those with Pursuit such as ScarTar or the odd Bisharp. Keldeo is a great go to answer towards them. With teams with Mega Latias being more balance oriented I went with a ResTalk set as it allows Keldeo to consistently check Dark-types as most can pretty easily wear it down. In return Mega Latias can use its coverage to weaken Water-types with Keldeo can oftenly fail to get past and spread paralysis for it to not be more pressured into using Rest when facing certain threats. Or instead Calm Mind could be ran to take Keldeo's ability to beating Dark-types to good use and potentially sweep.

Offensive Core: Mega Garchomp + Excadrill

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance

So Mega Garchomp and Excadrill have pretty similar checks ranging from Hippowdon, Landorus-T, and Celebi. Together they work together to break down their shared checks, in this case Garchomp being the main wallbreaker with a potent Swords Dance set that just blows past a lot of defensive cores. Excadrill, after Garchop has had its way, is there to function as a powerful cleaner and works as a great check to the more faster offensive teams Garchomp doesn't really excel against.

I've shared enough of my secrets for today, can't be too open now can I? Enjoy everyone.

Last edited:
Offensive Core: Cloyster + Mantectric

Cloyster @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Rock Blast

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I know this is a pretty weird core and some people are probably thinking, "Wtf? Cloyster?" but bear with me please. The Metagame has reached a state where you can try out nearly anything to a pretty great effect. So I decided to try Cloyster. So Cloyster really hates Water-types and Steel-types. Even with a boost it still struggles to shell out (i made a funny) against them. So I did the most logical thing and paired it with Mega Manectric. Mega Manectric can pretty easily take care of what pains Cloyster such as Suicune and Azumarill as well as offer a form of switch initative as it is incredibly frail on the special side. What Manectric gains from pairing with Cloyster is a partner that can eliminate bulky-grounds very easily as well as break past threats like Clefable and the Latis. And we all know how common offensive teams are becoming. Well they're food for Cloyster plain and simple save for a few select Scarfers.

A few threats to this core include Bisharp as it gains a Defiant boost from Mega Manectric and can heavily threathen them both. This makes TankChomp a nice partner as it can setup Rocks while being a defensive check to it. Mega Venusaur is a bit to handle making Tornadus-T as excellent partner as it complete a VolTurn core and can Stallbreak to an extent. Tyranitar is pretty threatening as it can pick off an unboosted Cloyster and Mega Manectric is lacking in terms of damage towards it.
Balance Core: Mega Latias + Keldeo

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave / Calm Mind
- Ice Beam / Stored Power
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mega Latias has been seeing a lot of usage as of late so I decided to drop this simple core. Basically Mega Latias really hates Dark-types, especially those with Pursuit such as ScarTar or the odd Bisharp. Keldeo is a great go to answer towards them. With teams with Mega Latias being more balance oriented I went with a ResTalk set as it allows Keldeo to consistently check Dark-types as most can pretty easily wear it down. In return Mega Latias can use its coverage to weaken Water-types with Keldeo can oftenly fail to get past and spread paralysis for it to not be more pressured into using Rest when facing certain threats. Or instead Calm Mind could be ran to take Keldeo's ability to beating Dark-types to good use and potentially sweep.

Offensive Core: Mega Garchomp + Excadrill

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance

So Mega Garchomp and Excadrill have pretty similar checks ranging from Hippowdon, Landorus-T, and Celebi. Together they work together to break down their shared checks, in this case Garchomp being the main wallbreaker with a potent Swords Dance set that just blows past a lot of defensive cores. Excadrill, after Garchop has had its way, is there to function as a powerful cleaner and works as a great check to the more faster offensive teams Garchomp doesn't really excel against.

I've shared enough of my secrets for today, can't be too open now can I? Enjoy everyone.
is there a reason to run icicle crash on cloyster? isn't icicle spear entirely better?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Basically Mega Latias really hates Dark-types, especially those with Pursuit such as ScarTar or the odd Bisharp.
You do understand that Mega Latias has bulk so obsene that it can take pursuit pretty much every day of its life and proceed to twave the fuck out of ttar/bisharp/weavile right? Your point that it hates dark types is true, but understand that pursuit is not the problem here, and that its their main STAB moves like icicle crash, dark pulse (since hoopa is annoying asf and keld helps with that), sucker punch, and crunch somewhat js. Also if you want a consistent dark check that pairs well with mega latias, why not just use defensive nape?

Calcs
252 Atk Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Latias: 108-128 (29.7 - 35.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
252 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Latias: 216-254 (59.5 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Pursuit vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Latias: 134-158 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Latias: 266-314 (73.2 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Pursuit vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Latias: 133-156 (36.6 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Latias: 273-322 (75.2 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Correct me if i am wrong but wouldn't skarmory be more viable option than empoleon as skarmory does check a few pokemons that causes problem to this core like landorus-t and excadrill. At the same time, it provides defog support like empoleon with roost for longevity and on top of it tanks a few tanks hits quite decently. Nevertheless, it is a good core and will be trying it soon.
Skarmory can definitely work if you want, but I suggested this core in an effort to provide a more offensive check to these things. If desired, you can use Stealth Rock on Empoleon and run Defog (and also Spikes) on Skarm as a secondary Ground check, or swap it out entirely. M-Ampharos definitely appreciates Spikes, especially with Volt Switch. I intended, mainly, to stray away from defensive choices in an effort to see if it made a difference in not only avoiding the overloading of my walls, but seeing how that impacts momentum. I tend to play around with lures like Shuca often, so I guess it's best to see this as a surprise momentum grabber core rather than a wider defensive core that Skarmory would promote.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I really like the synergy that these 3 pokemon, you cover anywhere between them, Hydreigon defensive is very attractive, beats tran, Ferrothorn, slowbro, has access to roost , as well as having a set especially bothersome, check sand rush Excadrill and moldbreaker, also controls Bisharp, venu instead covers Keldeo, Breloom, Conkeldurr, fast electric as mega mane, Azumarill, clef, finally Clefable covers weakness against latios, this core is very fun, very easy to use because the pokemon you cover each other well, counsel to put a counter for mega Medicham, gengar, charizard y and X, good day ^^

the sets here :
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Dark Pulse

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
fixed :)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Yeah it's fun having MLatias as your dark check isn't? Damn son it's just a core not a life and death problem. And js if you added Stealth Rock into play some of those Pursuits will be 2HKOes, and being forced to Roost is fun too.
I didn't say you should have lati as your dark check, I simply stated that being pursuited isn't too big a deal since you can switch out lol, and twave's chance to immobilize the opponent means that you won't have to roost after 4 turns statiscically. Lastly, pursuit twice from any of those mons damage maxes out at 87%, and that's on two max rolls lol, so saying that it gets 2hko'd after rocks is completely inaccurate. It's still a cool core, but you shouldn't probably present pursuit trappers as the biggest problem for mega latias.

Talonmaim (Talonflame)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

InAnotherCastle (Breloom) @ Fist Plate
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

So, this is essentially an offensive core I've been using to finish off games. Quite a few teams aren't adequately prepared for both of them, loading up on talonflame counters like rotom-w, heatran, Slowbro, Hippowdon, and Tyranitar, all of which are maimed or even turned into setup bait by Breloom. Similarly, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Mega Heracross and Mega Pinsir are cut down by talonflame. Even Their common checks like tankchomp can be weakened by one of them and koed by another. (or you could just burn it with talonflame) this core appreciates the company of wallbreakers Kyurem-B and Hoopa-U, as well as entry hazard removal from the likes of latios or latias, who can also absorb scalds. A way to beat Thunderus and zapdos is also pretty necessary, but honestly keeping rocks on the field is the best way to do that. Not much else besides the fact that you could probably run different sets, with offensive SD+BB+Flare Blitz max speed talonflame to handle steels better or life orb on Breloom to give bullet seed a little more oomph.

Got a nice core ive been using recently.

Mega Gardevoir+CB Tyranitar Offensive core:
+

T
his core is really nice currently simply because of how good tyranitar is in this meta. CB tyranitar is a absolute monster and severely cripples Steel types. The most notable steel type being spD skarmory which is typically used to take on mega gardevoir. Talonflame is another pokemon which can often annoy garde which cb also removes. Its also really nice how cb tar can help put pokemon like ferrothorn and spD tran in range of a focus blast which is really helpful. So pretty much this cores main purpose is that Cb tar pressures and severely weakens gardes typical switch ins. Naturally this core excels vs slower teams and venu and gastro are getting really popular so i feel like these two are capable of putting in a ton of work vs these teams. In terms of threats to this core pretty much any fast pokemon can be a huge issue so something like Scarf keldeo or tornadus-T can be really useful here to make up for how slow this core is. Pivots like Landorus-t and rotom-w are also really nice here because they can get garde and ttar in with much less difficulty. Hazard removal is really nice here because hazard will wear both ttar and garde down so excadrill works nice here. Some sort of defensive backbone would also be really nice.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Offensive Core
+
+

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Memento

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon

Since more and more Latios checks occur nowadays,a traditional coverage adjust for Latios can be little help for it to surpass checks and do markable damage on opposing team,that's why I choose the Memento set.
Memento,to some extent,can patch up the side effect of Draco Meteor,making it not a momentum loss any more but a momentum gain,at the expense of Latios' life.It shouldn't be used carelessly in early-game,be sure your sacrifice is worthy.
To make sure Latios not being walled easily,remove Steel-Type in opponent's team is necessary.Scarf Magnezone can somehow made it,including Mega Scizor,which is faster than non-Scarfed Magnezone.While it won't be that easy cause Mega Scizor often runs U-Turn and uses frequently,we have seldom chances to switch in/pivot in(since rarely a Scizor switch into a VoltTurn)Magnezone,but if you feel Mega Scizor really annoying,can Memento on it and have Magnezone in,KO.As known,Magnezone is a solid check Skarmory/Ferrothorn.
Belly Drum fits Memento well on teambuilding,while Azu,the best BDmon rn, also checks Weavile,one of Latios' check that can't switch into Draco Meteor.If Weavile exist,Draco Meteor+Switch into Azumarill might be a strategy,but fail when it runs Pursuit.
BD Azu fail to surpass Mega Venusaur,which is checked by Latios,don't run Memento + Belly Drum when opposing Mega Venusaur is not out yet.

When battling,it is important to remove Steel-Type first,it walls Latios and BD Azu both.LO Latios and BD Azu should be reserved carefully,not let too much switch in and get worn down.
Secondly,it time for latios.Beware of Pursuiting T-Tar,SpD Heatran that cannot be trapped by Magnezone,they counters Latios well.We may have to double switch to Azumarill to check these two.
Finally,sac Latios with Memento after a Draco Meteor killing,or whatever,have Azumarill in and make a big news.
The last two step is not solid,of course.We can just set up Belly Drum whenever got the momentum,for instance after the sack of Magnezone.
Another boosting Pokemon is appreciated in team since BD Azu don't match up all situations.
And you can change Azumarill's set,a Belly Drum set is not a necessary when there is another mon can take advantage from Latios' Memento,such as Zard-X,QD Volcarona,QD Venomoth and Double Dance/SDSalac Landorus-T.

T-Tar and SpD Heatran stops these core effectively since they can wall Latios while not removed by Magnezone.Since Latios is stopped,it's check to Mega Venusaur can be pointless.The other mons should make up this disadvantage.
Mega Metagross / Mega Medicham / LO Tornadus-T with Superpower / Dugtrio may execute this.Magma Storm Heatran can counter Mega Venusaur without EQ,while acting as a breaker.
Opposing Rotom-W is annoying,not only to this core but all the metagame.It has a quite good coverage,while Hydro Pump fits both Will-o-Wisp and Volt Switch quite well.With a perfect Typing only weak to Grass and Mold Breaker EQ.
I put it forward to mention that Offensive core are afraid of the loss of momentum,and suffers from status + stall strategies.

Last edited:
Figured I'd come back with a new core that I've actually found to be really fun and effective.

Empoleon + Mega Altaria (Bulky Offense)
So I've found Shuca Offensive Empoleon to actually be really good in this meta. It sets up rocks against and or beats Clefable, Skarmory, MonoFlying Talonflame, Garchomp, Lando T, Hippowdon, Mega Altaria, Heatran, and more, as well as being able to fire off a very powerful Hydro Pump and lure Chomp, Lando, and Heatran, removing them for Mega Altaria. But, the most important thing Empoleon does, is beat bulky SpDef Talonflame that runs only flying type attacks, which Mega Altaria despises. Speaking of, Bulky Mega Altaria (Also known as King DDD) is chosen to be able to absorb hits on the physical side as opposed to Empoleon tanking special hits, as well as having great synergy in typing with Empoleon, MAlt covering Empoleon's weakness to Fighting and Electric moves, and Empoleon covering Mega Altaria's weakness to Steel, Poison, and Ice type moves. This core really suffers against Mega Venusaur and Thundurus, to an extent, so pack something that can beat these mons like AV Torn T or Alakazam for MVenu and you should be good. Generally adding a fat grass type to beat elec spam would also be a good choice as well.
Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot / Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh / Cotton Guard
- Roost

Pangoro + Lopunny-Mega + Talonflame
Dual Scrappy Hyper Offense

Sets:
Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Quick Attack/ Fake Out

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz/ Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Overview:
This core is nothing to sniff at (looking at u Pangoro :) )
Pangoro (Scrappy just helped me just blaze through Stall and Balanced teams which Mega Lopunny kinda struggles to beat, while Mega Lopunny + Talonflame can beat faster teams which Pangoro struggles.

Dual Scrappy Combo:
Pangoro: This dude isnt used as much, but when it comes to beating MSableye Stall and Destroy Slow Balanced teams, he is a monster. He even destroyed my own stall/fat teams alone :(. Plus his Stab Combo + Knock Off SD and Life orb hit like a mach truck, and trust me, slow teams hate it.

Mega Lopunny: This dude can annoy fast teams with its stab combo and clean up really well with fake out/quick attack and Can be a good offensive pivot. As for most hyper offensive teams, it can do a big chunk.

Talonflame exists to clean up and/or revenge kill and annoy fast/offensive teams even more, especially with SD Brave bird.

Warning: **DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE PANGORO IN THIS CORE JUST BECAUSE HE ISNT FOUND IN A LOT OF OU TEAMS**

Weakness:
-Sand Rush Excadrill. This thing can annoy this core and ultimately beat it, unless its really weakened.
-Other Talonflame and Mega Lopunny. Dont tell me why, but tell me how this happens to be D:
-Garchomp/Landorus-Therian. Nuff said.

Reccomendations:
-Since bulky Grounds are a bane here, Waters (starmie can work and offer hazard removal for Tflame but this is just an option) and/or Rocky Helmet Lando-T can work to beat sand.
-Get something for other Talonflame and Mega Lopunny, like say Hippo or Lando Rocky Helmet, etc. This should work.
-Honestly i have no other reccomendations but to GET A WATER TYPE! This is a huge boon to this team :)

Replays:
I've had people test my Dual Scrappy Squad against my stall teams to demonstrate how good they are against stall.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-325984669 This show how good it is against stall.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-325995636 this one is against Hyper Offense

Last edited:
Pangoro + Lopunny-Mega + Talonflame
Dual Scrappy Hyper Offense

Sets:
Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Quick Attack/ Fake Out

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz/ Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Overview:
This core is nothing to sniff at (looking at u Pangoro :) )
Pangoro (Scrappy just helped me just blaze through Stall and Balanced teams which Mega Lopunny kinda struggles to beat, while Mega Lopunny + Talonflame can beat faster teams which Pangoro struggles.

Dual Scrappy Combo:
Pangoro: This dude isnt used as much, but when it comes to beating MSableye Stall and Destroy Slow Balanced teams, he is a monster. He even destroyed my own stall/fat teams alone :(. Plus his Stab Combo + Knock Off SD and Life orb hit like a mach truck, and trust me, slow teams hate it.

Mega Lopunny: This dude can annoy fast teams with its stab combo and clean up really well with fake out/quick attack and Can be a good offensive pivot. As for most hyper offensive teams, it can do a big chunk.

Talonflame exists to clean up and/or revenge kill and annoy fast/offensive teams even more, especially with SD Brave bird.

Warning: **DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE PANGORO IN THIS CORE JUST BECAUSE HE ISNT FOUND IN A LOT OF OU TEAMS**

Weakness:
-Sand Rush Excadrill. This thing can annoy this core and ultimately beat it, unless its really weakened.
-Other Talonflame and Mega Lopunny. Dont tell me why, but tell me how this happens to be D:
-Garchomp/Landorus-Therian. Nuff said.

Reccomendations:
-Since bulky Grounds are a bane here, Waters (starmie can work and offer hazard removal for Tflame but this is just an option) and/or Rocky Helmet Lando-T can work to beat sand.
-Get something for other Talonflame and Mega Lopunny, like say Hippo or Lando Rocky Helmet, etc. This should work.
-Honestly i have no other reccomendations but to GET A WATER TYPE! This is a huge boon to this team :)
that core is really weak to opposing talon and m-loppuny itself and bulky ground types so i'd personally suggest some water type like Manaphy better. I'd suggest a calm mind one since your team would appreciate how it can deal with physical pokes :)

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest

that core is really weak to opposing talon and m-loppuny itself and bulky ground types so i'd personally suggest some water type like Manaphy better. I'd suggest a calm mind one since your team would appreciate how it can deal with physical pokes :)

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest
Aww thanks bae :3

upload_2016-2-3_16-14-35.jpeg
+
upload_2016-2-3_16-15-10.jpeg
+
upload_2016-2-3_16-15-45.jpeg

MEGA TYRANITAR + CELEBI + RAIKOU

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

- Superpower
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Swords Dance

Celebi can check keldeo for ttar and AV raikou can switch safely on torn-t and check skarmory.
The core is really fun and easy to use ☺.

Attachments

Last edited:

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 56580+ View attachment 56581+ View attachment 56582

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball
Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Swords Dance

Celebi can check keldeo for ttar and AV raikou can switch safely on torn-t and check skarmory.
just an fyi you listed a scarf ttar set and the core you posted says 'MEGA TYRANITAR' Also I feel like people would benefit from more than about 15 words because it looks like an interesting core so could you maybe explain a little further/with more detail as to why this core works? I'm not a mod and don't run this thread but I feel like if you want people to actually benefit or use your core you need to justify it a little

just an fyi you listed a scarf ttar set and the core you posted says 'MEGA TYRANITAR' Also I feel like people would benefit from more than about 15 words because it looks like an interesting core so could you maybe explain a little further/with more detail as to why this core works? I'm not a mod and don't run this thread but I feel like if you want people to actually benefit or use your core you need to justify it a little
I really didn't notice lol, don't worry I fixed it :p.
And about the core explication I just wanted to keep it simple ^_^

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

- Superpower
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Swords Dance

You don't have a filler on Tyranitar,i'd suggest ice punch :D

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Baton Pass/Power-Up Punch

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Hidden Power Ice

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

M-Lopunny+Hoopa-U+Garchomp = Heat :P

Hi,This is my first core here so forgive me if i do some mistakes :P.Anyways,M-Loppuny & Hoopa-U both hate Physical Offense in OU Such as Talonflame,Landorous-T so Garchomp can save them giving them a pretty neat momentum.Also Garchomp hates Ice and Opposing Ground types so Lopunny and Hoopa-U can bust em and thats why the 4th move on Hoopa-U is Hidden Power Ice since...

96 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 452-536 (118.3 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

96 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Garchomp: 400-473 (95.2 - 112.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Now Baton Pass on Lopunny would help as Garchomp can come in and then troubles physical offense as it weakens a bit letting them easily revenged kill by M-Lopunny and Stealth Rocks helps both to gain momentum.

Hope,You like the core :)

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

- Superpower
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Swords Dance

You don't have a filler on Tyranitar,i'd suggest ice punch :D
Actually Superpower looks like the better option here for the ability to nail Ferrothorn and SpD Heatran, which are annoying for this core to take on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)