Slaking @ Life Orb
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return/Double-Edge/Giga Impact
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Encore

I still don't recommend using this guy but if you are going to use slaking, this set seems a little more viable than standard ones.

Truant gives slaking 2 big problems: he's easy to set up on and he requires a lot of prediction if your opponent has normal resists. Encore partially eliminates one of these problems because practicaly nothing can set up on slaking after that.

This is how a standard slaking turn should go: Slaking comes in, smashes and kills, your opponent then sends in something that can set up a sub or stat boosts, he goes for that move while slaking is busy scratching his crotch and next turn you outspeed and encore him. This strategy has a good chance of working because slaking outspeeds practically everything that subs or sets up and things that do outspeed him (klinklang, boosted priority) won't be ohko'ing him. There are some exceptions like vivillon, lillgant and sub mismagius that have a better chance to mess around/kill you.

Do think with your brain before using encore though. Don't use it on a SD samurott, kill it instead. Encore is mainly for sub, calm mind and bulk up users.

For a stab move, return is the most versatile option and still let's you take advantage of your amazing bulk unlike LO double-edge but it's weaker. Staying locked in with giga impact is a little less dramatic when you have encore as a back up but it still has many flaws and 90 accuracy is extremely annoying when you have truant.

Last edited:

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Kabutops @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Weak Armour/Swift Swim (preference)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 in whatever
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Natural Gift

Definitely creative, definitely underrated, definitely niche. Remember how people stopped using Quagsire in OU when Talonflame started running this set, that's definitely a possibility in NU too. The only downside to this set is now we don't have a Seismitoad to use it on! I'm kidding of course, this set has it's downsides of course and is very circumstantial, meaning, if your opponent doesn't have Quagsire and instead lays a load of hazards you'll be thinking why don't I have rapid spin! Also the lack of Life Orb means less damage being dealt from it's STABs but you'll get over that.

Let's talk upsides! Natural Gift has that surprise factor, the whole "so you think that's a counter!" feel that'll make you feel like an absolute lord when you pull it off! You can use this set to lure Quagsire for your Malamar, your Fletchinder, any set up physical attacker, the possibilities are boundless! Not to mention, you can always run the berry that changes Natural Gift to fire type if your team needs something for Ferroseed, but we'll leave that to Magneton until HP Ground becomes the most common.

Well there you have it, go nuts!

Orphic~

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Crossroad (Audino-Mega) @ Audinite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Surf

While this set certainly isnt creative, I feel that it is very underrated and has a lot of potential in the current meta. First off, we all know that CroDino is the most common and arguably the most consistent Mega Audino set. However, with the addition of two new powerful Fairy resists to the tier, mono Fairy coverage seemed very unappealing to me in regards to teambuilding. Specifically, after playing one of my first games with new new drops recently I realized that Mega Audino invites in Fletchinder to set up for free, and luring it in with Surf seemed like it would provide a solid surprise factor. Apart from that, Fairy / Fire coverage is really good in the tier, as it allows Mega Audino to muscle past (if not OHKO after a boost) the likes of Vileplume, Mawile, Magneton, etc. The downside of this set over RestTalk / Wish is obviously the lack of recovery, but thats why this set fits better on offensive teams that appreciate a slightly different bulky win condition. Grass Knot is also really nice to smack Quagsire, considering how much better it got with the tier shifts - losing toad as competition for a bulky water and tackling magneton, fletch, and kabutops.
Also because defensive Mega Audino is much more common, Fire Blast can be somewhat unexpected to catch steels off guard, like here.

Some calcs:
252+ SpA Mega Audino Surf vs. 112 HP / 0 SpD Fletchinder: 262-310 (89.4 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magneton Flash Cannon vs. +1 168 HP / 0 SpD Mega Audino: 222-264 (57 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [chew it up from 70% or below and OHKO back]
+1 252+ SpA Mega Audino Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Vileplume: 312-368 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Klinklang @ Life Orb | Clear Body
252 Atk / 52 SpAtk / 204 Spe | Naughty
Gear Grind | Shift Gear | Return | Hidden Power Ground

ik kiyo used this set in NUPL but im posting it because it think its pretty sick. LO offensive Klinklang with a twist, HP Ground in order to hit all of those magnetons that think they can come in for free and check you. It pretty much just acts like a normal klinklang outside of HP ground, Speed lets you outspeed all non-scarf variants of magneton before a boost, and the 52 SpAtk lets you OHKO non-evio magnets 100% of the time. If you want, you can run more SpAtk to hit stuff like Garbodor harder but i dont really think its worth it. its a cool lure for stuff like fletch which appreciates magnets being removed.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok bear with me as this is an extremely creative set, but I wanted to share it so here it goes lol.

Primeape @ Fist Plate
Ability: Vital Spirit / Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Ice Punch / Encore
- Punishment

Now listen. Primeape is usually looked over as Sawk is a better wallbreaker and has access to Knock Off. However, this set allows Primeape to beat up on Psychics that run Colbur Berry to set up. Punishment may start at base 60 power, but with every boost comes a +20 BP which allows Primeape to beat up on CM Psychics as it outspeeds all the common ones (Uxie, non-Barrier Mushy, Xatu). Encore gets a special mention in the third slot as it can force these CM Psychics to continue boosting thinking they can win (if they don't switch out) and thus Punishment really beats on them. U-turn also works with Encore as Encore force switches, allowing you to gain easy momentum. The reason Encore is slashed second though is because the lack of coverage may hurt Primeape's role as an offensive mon. Overall, I really like this utility set and I wanted to share this with the community as I feel it is a nice niche option if you want a Fighting mon that can beat up on CM Psychics and other boosters in general.

252 Atk Primeape Punishment (100 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Colbur Berry Musharna: 75-89 (17.3 - 20.5%) -- possible 5HKO (after 1 CM)

252 Atk Primeape Punishment (100 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Musharna: 150-178 (34.6 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (after 1 CM)

252 Atk Primeape Punishment (140 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Musharna: 212-250 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO (after 2 CMs)

252 Atk Primeape Punishment (100 BP) vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Uxie: 150-178 (50.3 - 59.7%) -- 83.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (after 1 CM)

252 Atk Primeape Punishment (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 204 Def Colbur Berry Xatu: 98-116 (29.3 - 34.7%) -- 8.6% chance to 3HKO (after 1 CM)

252 Atk Primeape Punishment (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 204 Def Xatu: 196-232 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (after 1 CM)

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

Vivillon @ Life Orb
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain

The use of Life Orb gives Vivillon immediate power and thus more presence mid-game (where it doesn't manage to set up nearly as easily), but more importantly it gives Giga Drain enough power to OHKO Rhydon after +1 (which is why I assume people used Energy Ball Vivillon). LO Giga Drain is a nice combo regardless.

This set takes advantage of the fact that Vivillon is running HP Ground to cover both Rocks and Steels. However, various bulky Flying resists such as Rhydon, Carracosta, Lanturn, and Stunfisk can shrug off boosted HP Ground and counterattack. Giga Drain straight up OHKOes both Rock-types, and its healing effect allows Vivillon to actually make use of Quiver Dance's Special Defense boost to grant it a much better matchup against Lanturn and Stunfisk. Luring bulky Rock-types is very helpful for Normals and Fires like Tauros, Pyroar, and Zangoose, while luring bulky Electrics lifts a huge burden off Magneton. Of course, this Vivillon is vulnerable to Steel-types, in particular Magneton and Klinklang, but your wincons shouldn't have too much trouble with it if you're resorting to this.

Kabutops @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Weak Armour/Swift Swim (preference)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 in whatever
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Natural Gift

Definitely creative, definitely underrated, definitely niche. Remember how people stopped using Quagsire in OU when Talonflame started running this set, that's definitely a possibility in NU too. The only downside to this set is now we don't have a Seismitoad to use it on! I'm kidding of course, this set has it's downsides of course and is very circumstantial, meaning, if your opponent doesn't have Quagsire and instead lays a load of hazards you'll be thinking why don't I have rapid spin! Also the lack of Life Orb means less damage being dealt from it's STABs but you'll get over that.

Let's talk upsides! Natural Gift has that surprise factor, the whole "so you think that's a counter!" feel that'll make you feel like an absolute lord when you pull it off! You can use this set to lure Quagsire for your Malamar, your Fletchinder, any set up physical attacker, the possibilities are boundless! Not to mention, you can always run the berry that changes Natural Gift to fire type if your team needs something for Ferroseed, but we'll leave that to Magneton until HP Ground becomes the most common.

Well there you have it, go nuts!

Orphic~
Lol I used this set against you the other day on the ladder. I had already advertised it a bit on the NU room under my alts but this does some serious work. I personally have SD over waterfall on my team because I needed a cleaner but waterfall should be fine too. I also have swift swim but again, my team could use an extra check to rain. It's basically a quag lure and fletch/rain check, it rarely sweeps (if you have sd, it can set up on some offense mons but that won't happen a lot) but can definitely open up a sweep.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Rotom-Frost @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Frost is great right now, Ice STAB is obviously strong as hell in this tier, and combined with STAB Volt Switch and Will-O-Wisp it becomes a really good offensive pivot since it can work around most of its switchins. Electric-typing also makes it a great Fletchinder check (esp. since it's a special attacker 'cause burn doesn't bother it as much), and with HP Ground it can bait Magneton too. Also takes advantage of a lot of metagame trends: lures Magneton like I said before, and it also shits on Stunfisk and Torterra which both got way more popular with the drops.

Also I'll update this soon :o

Rotom-Frost @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Frost is great right now, Ice STAB is obviously strong as hell in this tier, and combined with STAB Volt Switch and Will-O-Wisp it becomes a really good offensive pivot since it can work around most of its switchins. Electric-typing also makes it a great Fletchinder check (esp. since it's a special attacker 'cause burn doesn't bother it as much), and with HP Ground it can bait Magneton too. Also takes advantage of a lot of metagame trends: lures Magneton like I said before, and it also shits on Stunfisk and Torterra which both got way more popular with the drops.

Also I'll update this soon :o

You can also run wide lens to batch up blizzard's accuracy to a respectable amount, and make better use of its ice STAB.

Poliwrath @ Wide Lens
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Hypnosis
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Scald / Hydro Pump

I was using this set quite a lot on the ladder when the tier was filled with balanced squads with mantines, pelippers and fast mons like tauros, sneasel, floatzels etc. One gripe I had with offensive poliwrath is missed every f*cking move when it needed to. So I thought of this set as it provides a cool pivot for offensive teams that usually get rekt by the fast mons above. Hypnosis seems like a bad move to run but you basically get 2 chances to land it as people switch in their counter like mantine/pelipper/seismitoad/garbodor assuming the rest talk set. Hydro pump and Focus blast hit decently hard and vacuum wave checked common things like tauros, sneasel, floatzels etc at the time. Idk if its that good anymore tho lol.

Poliwrath @ Wide Lens
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Hypnosis
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Scald / Hydro Pump

I was using this set quite a lot on the ladder when the tier was filled with balanced squads with mantines, pelippers and fast mons like tauros, sneasel, floatzels etc. One gripe I had with offensive poliwrath is missed every f*cking move when it needed to. So I thought of this set as it provides a cool pivot for offensive teams that usually get rekt by the fast mons above. Hypnosis seems like a bad move to run but you basically get 2 chances to land it as people switch in their counter like mantine/pelipper/seismitoad/garbodor assuming the rest talk set. Hydro pump and Focus blast hit decently hard and vacuum wave checked common things like tauros, sneasel, floatzels etc at the time. Idk if its that good anymore tho lol.
This is a pretty effective set. It'd be great paired up with something like Mold Breaker Rampardos,to get SR down and put the Defog'er(read:Mantine/Prinplup) out of commision with a quick Hypnosis! Great set! I'd imagine this works as an amazing Pawniard check(for non hazard stacking offense),giving you the leeway to Defog without a care in the world. I'd think like Fist Plate could also be options for this as an item tbh.

This is a pretty effective set. It'd be great paired up with something like Mold Breaker Rampardos,to get SR down and put the Defog'er(read:Mantine/Prinplup) out of commision with a quick Hypnosis! Great set! I'd imagine this works as an amazing Pawniard check(for non hazard stacking offense),giving you the leeway to Defog without a care in the world. I'd think like Fist Plate could also be options for this as an item tbh.
yea fren poliwrath is an effective pawniard check no matter what set you run but you're right I used it on spikes stacking offense :]

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Earth Power / Rapid Spin

Not sure whether to put this here or in the lures thread but I'll just put it here. Special Kabutops is actually a really cool pokemon that I have used on the suspect ladder to lure in checks to mag. This, in my opinion, is better than natural gift due to it not only not being one time use, but not having to choose between hitting Quag or Ferroseed. So as for moves, Giga Drain does hefty damage to Quag and Poliwrath. Surf is just there cause it doesn't learn hydro and so that it still beats Fletchinder. Ice Beam beats things like Gourgeist and Toterra. Hidden Power Fire beats Ferroseed, Earth Power OHKOs Magneton, and Rapid Spin is Rapid Spin. Definitely feel like more people need to try out this set though it will probably be garbage if too many people do since then it won't be a surprise.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mesprit @ Mind Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Future Sight
- Energy Ball
- Signal Beam

This thing is doing so much work for me right now, honestly, it's a lord. Future sight hits so hard, and dark types like Sneasel don't switch into much offensive pressure if they attempt to block the Future Sight. Specs Future Sight annihilates physical walls for Swellow, Zangoose, and other physical sweepers. Also people forget that you've set up an FS, and try to boost, then get bopped. It's so much fun, and definitely worth a try.

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Mirror Coat

I've actually been having a lot of fun playing with Avalugg right now. Its insane Physical Bulk allows it to tank every physical hit out there, even Choice Banded Sawk's Close Combat. While it might seem odd that I chose to go with a physically defensive spread, the last move makes up for it. Mirror Coat is great for catching opponents off guard, as when it is combined with Sturdy, it almost always guarantees a kill against pokemon like Magmortar and Pyroar. The rest of the moveset is just standard, with Avalanche being the normal STAB boosted up to 120 BP after taking a hit, and Recover to gain back any HP lost. Overall Avalugg is an extremely underrated mon, and really does deserve more usage. An alternative spread could work with more Special Defense and Roar or Earthquake in the last slot, but the surprise factor from Mirror Coat usually works best for me.

Last edited:

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Miltank @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Body Slam
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Heal Bell / Stealth Rock

This set isn't new or creative: it's just really underrated. I've faced this type of set on the ladder many times, always did its job vs me, yet everyone was saying this set's bad. Miltank is bulky as hell and chews hits from a lot of "problem Pokemon" such as LO Tauros, CB Sneasel, Archeops, 1v1. Before you say this set is passive and shit, this actually doesn't lose momentum at all because of fucking Thunder Wave, which is an OP move. Lanturn doesn't like switching into Body Slams that much, Torterra / Rhydon can't actually do anything back unless they have SD, and almost no Torterra carry SD because they need 2 stabs and Stone Edge to hit Xatu unless CB which obviously can't SD. On more stallier teams u can just carry toxic over twave to speed this process up, but lets be honest twave helps on any team. Also carry a switch-in to fighters / stuff that use fight / dark coverage like malamar. This is the only issue given that these are also a lot of problem Pokemon (Sawk / Gallade / Malamar, mainly) which i often carry a creative answer for, but many bulkymons need similar type of team support anyways so it's not like this is anything new. If Heal Bell on a more bulkier team, you can safely run RestTalk Granbull for recovery. On a team with more offense, Miltank can carry Stealth Rock which is great because you get to parahax Xatu which is always fun. There's so much this switches into in the current meta, and there's so little that can actually switch in on a paralysis (grounds / electrics / gurdurr / malamar) without being utterly crippled given that the meta is fast. Miltank is a threat, and not just on full stall.

252 HP makes HP even, letting me get more bang for my buck for using milk drink, which i'll be pressing a lot. 16 Speed also outspeeds neutral base 70s, actually put in a bit more speed because a lot of things creep around that, miltank can afford to spare like 20+ extra EVs in speed and still check all the necessary stuff, and going first with a para move really games the odds in your favor in just about everything. Sap Sipper is cooler on bulkier slowteams that can have issues with Lilligant if sleep powder hits every time. If not carry thick fat I guess. I know hollywood's just gonna claim this set as his but fuck him haha.

Mesprit @ Mind Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Future Sight
- Energy Ball
- Signal Beam

This thing is doing so much work for me right now, honestly, it's a lord. Future sight hits so hard, and dark types like Sneasel don't switch into much offensive pressure if they attempt to block the Future Sight. Specs Future Sight annihilates physical walls for Swellow, Zangoose, and other physical sweepers. Also people forget that you've set up an FS, and try to boost, then get bopped. It's so much fun, and definitely worth a try.
Aye I've used this set and it works well with a fighting type, like Sawk. People bring in a dark or steel to take it, or another wall, but bring in Sawk in right after you Future Sight, so it pressures them well.

Mawile @ Saftey Goggles
Ability- Sheer Force
EVs- 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Atk
Impish Nature
-Swords Dance
-Play Rough
-Baton Pass
-Snatch

A different take on Mawaile, and a very unexpected one. This is part of why it works so well. Swords Dance on Liligants and Vivillions while avoiding their Sleep Powders, steal Shell Smashes from Gorebysses, and pass them onto a teammate. Mawile can even do work on its own with a Sheer-Force boosted Play Rough. A lack of recovery doesn't really bother Mawile too much, seeing as how Snatch is only a one-time thing anyway.

A

Joker fan
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The Pawn (Klinklang) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Defense
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge

Yo guys, A here. I've been messing around on my new lord squad, and I actually got 1516 with it! Cool. So anyway, this set has been working wonders. Bulky Double Dance Klinklang. It forces out things like Hariyama with Iron Defense, since you take the CC fine and they don't wanna die to a Gear Grind after a Defense drop, you can setup on mons like Garbodor (Drain punch does piss, just be weary of Rocky Helmet), Sneasel, etc.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Pawn (Klinklang) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Defense
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge

Yo guys, A here. I've been messing around on my new lord squad, and I actually got 1516 with it! Cool. So anyway, this set has been working wonders. Bulky Double Dance Klinklang. It forces out things like Hariyama with Iron Defense, since you take the CC fine and they don't wanna die to a Gear Grind after a Defense drop, you can setup on mons like Garbodor (Drain punch does piss, just be weary of Rocky Helmet), Sneasel, etc.
hey I've seen a similar set to that used and it doesn't seem half bad, but I might actually try Magnetic Flux > Iron Defense with Plus or Minus as the ability (shoutout Brawlfest for somehow discovering this lol!) It raises both phys def and spdef by +1 instead of just Defense to +2 so gives you more setup opportunities against special attackers too (although it only works if you have Plus or Minus, so you can't have Clear Body although you kinda crap on all relevant Intimidate users in NU anyway, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal).

Klinklang @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Shift Gear

Sup guys I have a cool klinklang set to share with you all. Its pretty much the standard set but with toxic instead of return. Toxic is useful for poisoning Quagsire which is probably the best counter to Klinklang. Barrier Musharnas think they can setup on Klinklang and then they get toxic'd; synchronize doesn't work either because of Klinklang's immunity to toxic.

Cacturne @ Black Glasses
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Giga Drain
- Spikes/Destiny Bond/Spiky Shield

Big s/o to my boi Rapture. for this one. This set was recently featured in his new RMT, so go show it some love (also a testament to its success). Much like Black Glasses Liepard, this Cacturne is all about spamming strong Dark STABs with absolutely no consequence, as Life Orb recoil is not present. The moveset is standard for mixed Cacturne, with two special STABs and STAB priority. The last move on the set is personal preference. EVs are standard. Mild is used for maximum damage output, hitting an impressive 361 special attack. Hasty can be used in place of Mild if you would rather outspeed everything up to neutral natured 252 EV base 65 mons. This list include notables like 0 speed Uxie, defensive Garb, and neutral Aurorus. Not much more to say about it. Enjoy the set.

Gallade (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
- Memento

I give you standard scarf gallade but with Memento over Knock Off or whatever other coverage you like. This thing is extremely powerful with very fast close combats, but also has Trick in the back to screw over walls, and the fantastic move that is memento. This can some in so clutch, as after powering through a few pokemon with its stabs all game, it can come in once youre ready for a sweep and Memento without any problem. This gets off a safe memento on practically anything that isnt Fletchinder or other scarfers, and really gives you a great way to clean up late game with your sweepers. Personally I am using Lilligant and Klinklang, but pretty much any sweeper such as Xatu or Gorebyss can setup much easier. Adamant is really good for great power, but you can run Jolly for like scarf sawk if you want.

Some replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-242984453 vs aladyyn
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-243031759 vs my twin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)