-Slack Off

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant - Pressure
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def
-Sacred Fire
-Stone Edge
-Extremespeed
-Iron Head

This is a core I used briefly on an OU team I made a earlier before OR/AS was released, although I have to say it still works admirably. The core utilizes a defensive Slowbro + Mega Venusaur core to handle a goood portion of the metagame by themselves, with Entei slapped on as a glue and generic wallbreaker to help break down opposing cores and stall teams, as well as handle some of the threats that Slowbro + Mega Venu struggle with, such as Charizard-Y, Volcarona, Mega Alakazam, etc.

Mega Venusaur's set is pretty standard, the given EV spread outpaces standard Azumarill and gives him fantastic mixed bulk. Giga Drain + Sludge Bomb are obligatory STABs, while Synthesis lets you keep Venu in the game longer. The last slot in this case goes to Leech Seed, letting him annoy switchins and prospective set-up sweepers and pass some recovery to his teammates. Sleep Powder, HP Fire, and Toxic are all viable alternatives. Mega Venusaur handles bulky Waters, Serperior, Azumarill, bulky Grounds, fast Electrics like Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus, and Fairies like Clefable.

Slowbro is a little different. It mostly looks standard, but the difference here is in its EV spread. 108 Sp. Def EVs means Life Orb Latios can never OHKO it, even after Stealth Rock damage. This also gives it a substantial boost to its Sp. Def, allowing it to take neutral special hits in a pinch and fire off Thunder Wave or Scald to cripple opposing threats. Slack Off allows him to instantly recover a chunk of HP and works great in situations where switching out to Regenerate just isn't feasible. Psyshock is mostly filler but it's nice for killing off weakened Amoonguss, Conkeldurr, etc. Fire Blast is an alternative for luring and KOing Ferrothorn and Scizor, who can otherwise posit some trouble for this core assuming they're backed by teammates who can handle Entei. Slowbro handles strong Fire types like Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, non-Power Herb Heatran, lures fast Psychics like Latios and Alakazam and cripples them with Thunder Wave, and handles things like Tyranitar and Bisharp in a pinch, being able to tank Crunch and Knock Off and threaten a Scald burn or paralysis.

Entei is the glue that holds this team together. Originally I was using Heatran but that's just super-standard, plus Entei packs two things that Heatran does not; a strong Stone Edge coming off of a decent Attack stat, and Sacred Fire, whose painful 50% Burn chance means even resists want nothing to do with it. Extremespeed allows me to pick off weakened threats and guarantees that if Talonflame beats Slowbro with Sword's Dance it will be revengekilled immediately, thanks to Brave Bird's recoil. It also lets me revengekill Mega Alakazam, a Pokemon that otherwise gives me no end of trouble with its ridiculous offensive presence and insane coverage. Iron Head lets me smash past Clefable and Mega Diancie, who can otherwise give me a lot of trouble (especially if Diancie packs Psyshock to break Venusaur) as well as putting a dent in Tyranitar. Entei glues this team together by removing things like Scizor, Metagross, opposing Mega Venusaur, Celebi, Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, Clefable, etc., as well as revengekilling with Extremespeed.

All in all a fun core to use. By no means perfect, but Entei is such a fun Pokemon to use and finally finding a core that it can shine on is great to me.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
ok i'm ending posting now

round 23: voting

to vote, post with only the user's name.

we also kindly request that you do not bandwagon when voting. thank you.

kek123

Trick room core:
Tangrowth @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Slowbro @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Trick Room

Emboar @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Head Smash

This is a pretty cool trick room core the idea is the slowbro will set up trick room so that spec tangrowth and Emboar can inflict massive damage on the apposing team since they will most likely be much slower than them since they are all running minus speed natures , although trick room is only 4 turns alot of damage can be done in those turns , also tangrowth and slowbro have very nice bulk so they provide a nice pivot for emboar to be able to switch in and out of battle with ease thanks to tier regeneration although the core is weak to birds it can deal with them with slowbro since it can burn them , this core also provides a nice lure for the rest of the team as most of the time people are not expecting offensive slowbro or offensive tangrowth and are just not expecting Emboar at all.

Over all I think this is a pretty cool core that abuses trick room and sorry about last week xD and the un originality hope this make up for it.

SP458

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost / Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

OR

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw / Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

This balanced core stacks two potent wincons in CM + Roar Suicune and DD Charizard X. Roar, when coupled with Stealth Rock and Ferrothorn's Spikes, racks up tons of residual damage on the opposing team and facilitates a sweep from either Charizard or Suicune itself. Charizard X and Ferrothorn check the Grass- and Electric-types that plague Suicune. Ferrothorn also takes care of Manaphy, especially Energy Ball variants.

Another version of the core uses a physically defensive Charizard X. Instead of breaking walls for Suicune, it helps in spreading burns while taking pressure off Suicune in checking physical threats.

komet3

Infernape @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 124 SpD / 48 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Taunt
- Low Kick

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

This starter core is easy to understand. First in this core is defensive infernape to wall the likes of bisharp, weavile, scizor, ferro, and etc. to kill them back with low kick. Wisp for the Lati@ twins or rotom to add residual damage over time effect. Taunt for ferro and heatran that thinks it is a good idea to stay in or allow the twins to attack which the next mon checks. Offensive Empoleon for offensive presence to ground type with shuca berry and for some hazard control. Hydro pump for heavy hits especially with torrent boost. Ice beam for dragons, and flash cannon for clef and any other fairy types. Finally Serperior, this allows a late game sweeper with all its checks/counters gone with eh other two help I went with the leech seed so there is a possibility to beat chansey.

ericaroselia

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock/Reflect Type/Toxic/Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock/Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

This is a fun FWG grass core i've used on multiple teams, it's good overall since they have alot of synergy, due to their typings or due to the utility they provide to the other 2 members, Specially Defensive Talonflame is the fire type member of this core and beats opposing grass types, Mega Charizard Y, revenge kills flying weak or low hp pokemon and has WoW + Bulk Up, it cripples switch-ins such as Landorus-T with Wisp and if it finds an opportunity to do it, it starts using Bulk Up to patch its low atk and makes it have a good amount of def and spD, being a dangerous win condition late game. However, Talonflame is destroyed by Stealth Rock so that's where Starmie comes, it removes hazards for Talonflame and beats Heatran, a common Stealth Rock setter who defeats the other 2 core members and that makes it a consistent hazard removal against it and it also beats Keldeo, a pokemon that Talonflame and Ferrothorn can't switch into and Natural Cure absorbs status. Lastly, Ferrothorn places hazards, Stealth Rock is usually used but if you are already using a pokemon with that move such as Hippowdon, change it to Spikes. Ferrothorn checks threats such as Manaphy and Kyurem-Black and its weaknesses to Fighting and Fire are well covered by the Starmie and Talonflame so i think that it supports the other members pretty well and is nicely supported by them too.

So, that's it, I hope you like this core and that you try out teams with it.

Infernal

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Fire

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
FWG core featuring the equally as classic Dragon, Fairy, and Steel combo! This core is centered around supporting Mega Scep, a fun Pokemon to toy around with in OU even though it's faced with competition from other offensive Grass types. To begin, Belly Drum Azu is the offensive partner of choice for a few reasons. It's able to lure in and kill Mega Scep checks like Amoonguss and Skarm, two Pokemon who commonly switch in expecting CB and end up dying to a +6 Knock. In addition, Azu lures in Electric types like Rotom-W and friends to come in. This can possibly be taken advantage of by Mega Scep, who has Lightning Rod to gain a special attack raise after switching in on something like a predicted Volt Switch. Aside from this, Azu does other things here like offensively checking Weavile, who threatens Mega Scep heavily with Ice Shard. Overall though, Azu's main purpose is to punch holes in the enemy team and soften things up for Mega Scep, who can make use of its impressive speed to clean up the scraps late game.

Tran is here to complete the core in several ways. It's providing a necessary check to Pokemon like Talon, who is one of Mega Scep's worst enemies. Further, Tran helps deal with other nuisances like Mega Venu and Clefable, who are all things Mega Scep has difficulty breaking through. Mega Sciz is another popular Pokemon a team with this core would have issues with assuming Tran wasn't here. In general, Tran makes the core more defensively sound by checking numerous threats and providing SR to make life a little harder for Mega Scep checks like Torn-T and Talon. Aside from this all, Tran also likes how Azu and Mega Scep can threaten the majority of Water and Ground types in OU.

Poison Heart

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold - Overgrow
248 HP, 96 Defence, 148 Sp. Def, 16 Speed
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis
-Leech Seed

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold - Regenerator
252 HP, 148 Defence, 108 Sp. Def
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Thunder Wave
-Slack Off

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant - Pressure
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def
-Sacred Fire
-Stone Edge
-Extremespeed
-Iron Head

This is a core I used briefly on an OU team I made a earlier before OR/AS was released, although I have to say it still works admirably. The core utilizes a defensive Slowbro + Mega Venusaur core to handle a goood portion of the metagame by themselves, with Entei slapped on as a glue and generic wallbreaker to help break down opposing cores and stall teams, as well as handle some of the threats that Slowbro + Mega Venu struggle with, such as Charizard-Y, Volcarona, Mega Alakazam, etc.

Mega Venusaur's set is pretty standard, the given EV spread outpaces standard Azumarill and gives him fantastic mixed bulk. Giga Drain + Sludge Bomb are obligatory STABs, while Synthesis lets you keep Venu in the game longer. The last slot in this case goes to Leech Seed, letting him annoy switchins and prospective set-up sweepers and pass some recovery to his teammates. Sleep Powder, HP Fire, and Toxic are all viable alternatives. Mega Venusaur handles bulky Waters, Serperior, Azumarill, bulky Grounds, fast Electrics like Raikou, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus, and Fairies like Clefable.

Slowbro is a little different. It mostly looks standard, but the difference here is in its EV spread. 108 Sp. Def EVs means Life Orb Latios can never OHKO it, even after Stealth Rock damage. This also gives it a substantial boost to its Sp. Def, allowing it to take neutral special hits in a pinch and fire off Thunder Wave or Scald to cripple opposing threats. Slack Off allows him to instantly recover a chunk of HP and works great in situations where switching out to Regenerate just isn't feasible. Psyshock is mostly filler but it's nice for killing off weakened Amoonguss, Conkeldurr, etc. Fire Blast is an alternative for luring and KOing Ferrothorn and Scizor, who can otherwise posit some trouble for this core assuming they're backed by teammates who can handle Entei. Slowbro handles strong Fire types like Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, non-Power Herb Heatran, lures fast Psychics like Latios and Alakazam and cripples them with Thunder Wave, and handles things like Tyranitar and Bisharp in a pinch, being able to tank Crunch and Knock Off and threaten a Scald burn or paralysis.

Entei is the glue that holds this team together. Originally I was using Heatran but that's just super-standard, plus Entei packs two things that Heatran does not; a strong Stone Edge coming off of a decent Attack stat, and Sacred Fire, whose painful 50% Burn chance means even resists want nothing to do with it. Extremespeed allows me to pick off weakened threats and guarantees that if Talonflame beats Slowbro with Sword's Dance it will be revengekilled immediately, thanks to Brave Bird's recoil. It also lets me revengekill Mega Alakazam, a Pokemon that otherwise gives me no end of trouble with its ridiculous offensive presence and insane coverage. Iron Head lets me smash past Clefable and Mega Diancie, who can otherwise give me a lot of trouble (especially if Diancie packs Psyshock to break Venusaur) as well as putting a dent in Tyranitar. Entei glues this team together by removing things like Scizor, Metagross, opposing Mega Venusaur, Celebi, Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, Clefable, etc., as well as revengekilling with Extremespeed.

All in all a fun core to use. By no means perfect, but Entei is such a fun Pokemon to use and finally finding a core that it can shine on is great to me.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Because there are only 6 entries, you may only vote for vote for up to 1 core. Good luck to everyone!

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Infernal wins this round with their Mega Sceptile core; congratulations to them.

Infernal: 6
ericaroselia: 2

Round 24: Mono Attackers
Building Condition
: You must submit a core that has a Pokemon with a mono-attacker set. For those that do not know what this means, a mono attacker is referring to Pokémon with only one attacking move. For example, this Lapras set from 6 years ago is an example of a (non viable [don't use this : \]) mono-attacker set. Good luck!

Just a reminder to make sure your cores are not standard, check the Good Cores thread to see if it is. If you think a core posted is standard, don't post about it here, we don't want the thread to be clogged up by unnecessary arguments, so just pm us co-hosts and we'll see to it.

Last edited:

Altaria @ Altarianite
Impish - Natural Cure
252 HP, 136 Defence, 92 Sp. Def, 28 Speed
-Return
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Heal Bell / Refresh

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid - Magnet Pull
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Volt Switch

Magnezone+M-Altaria is a fantastic offensive core similar to the DragMag archetypes that reigned in Gen 5 OU. Altaria is a fantastic sweeper that can singlehandedly clean teams once Fairy resists are removed, and Magnezone traps and removes some of the common answers to Altaria, such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Scizor. The duo form a deadly core that makes a great addition to any HO team.

Altaria's set is pretty simple. It's a bulky monoattacking Dragon Dance set that's fantastic at setting up and cleaning teams late game. Pixelate Return is an extremely strong and reliable STAB attack with fantastic neutral coverage once Steels are removed. Roost is instant recovery, allowing you to set up with ease on weakened or passive threats. Dragon Dance is Altaria's best boosting move, turning it from a passive bulky defensive threat into a fast offensive monster after a few uses. Finally, Refresh/Heal Bell cures status, allowing him to set up without being crippled by Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Thunder Wave, etc. The EV spread allows him to survive a number of dangerous attacks and set up on threats such as Dragonite, Mega Heracross, and HP Ice Thundurus. All in all it's a pretty simple and standard set.

Magnezone forms a pretty solid FairyMag core with Altaria, guaranteeing the removal of a lot of Altaria's common counters like Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory. This set is stock-standard so I'm pretty sure everyone understands how it works. Thunderbolt is a solid STAB move that can be used to deal major damage to things like Suicune, Azumarill, etc. in a pinch. Flash Cannon nails Clefable, who is otherwise a major problem for the team since I'm not carrying Flash Cannon on Heatran, and defensive sets aren't 2HKO'd by Mega Altaria. It also kills off Mega Diancie and does large amounts of damage to opposing Mega Altaria. Hidden Power (Fire) does massive damage to Ferrothorn and Scizor. Volt Switch lets me pivot with him and deal some chip damage to things like Mega Metagross, Keldeo, etc.

The core plays fairly simple. I also use a BD Azumarill and a Latios to lure out opposing Steels like Skarmory, Bisharp, and Ferrothorn, then Magnezone to trap and remove them. After Steels have been sufficiently weakened/removed, I try to create an opportunity for Altaria to set up (again, Latios works fantastically as it gets access to Memento). Once resists have been dealt with, if Altaria gets a couple Dragon Dances it's pretty much good game, and with its fantastic bulk and Roost + Heal Bell it has no trouble setting up.

Last edited:

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 48 Atk / 224 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Why one but two mono attacking mons. The idea around this core is to provide two win conditions. Talonflame is there to beat everything that switches into swampert for example ferro, amoongus, breloom, etc. Same thing with swampert with a water move alone the checks to talon gets set up on by swampert. For example lando, heatran without that solarbeam set, t-tar, etc. Now regrading rotom, you can weakening it with wisp and if it comes in on pert you can stall it out of pump if standard set {0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 84-99 (20.7 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO. }And for anyone that said tank chomp is a problem. Well it doesn't have recovery and be easily worn down by wisp and your pert can just rest the damage off from helmet and skin.

Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Knock Off

This core is about getting priority for Mega Heracross. Gliscor has poison heal and roost to increase its longevity. Knock off gets rid of items that may be hindering the team. Gliscor is used to get speed and then baton pass it to Mega Heracross. With skill link, rock blast and bullet seed take care of water, ice and flying types. Close combat is for ground types. Gliscor can switch into fire, flying, and physic types that give m-heracross trouble.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Taunt
- Explosion

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
Like I said in the teambuilding competition thread, suicide lead+speedpass+lots of powerful 'mons is an archetype I fell in love with while it was still legal in NU. Anyway, this is a core I've been using over the past day or two which utilises this nicely. Azelf is using Koiro.'s Azelf set because it's better than the standard Sash variant and doesn't ever actually fail to lay rocks barring, like, two virtually nonexistent scenarios with defensive Colbur while also being able to set up rocks vs. all variants of Sableye barring those which Taunt on turn 1 (iv. uncommon) which paves the way for Scolipede to pass to Mega Heracross and it's teammates with much more potency. Scolipede pressures common Defog and Rapid Spin users with Megahorn and they won't find many opportunities to clear them once it's passed, so those rocks are usually there to stay, and with Black Sludge and a defensive spread it is usually able to pass 2-3 times per game. The listed EVs outpace Mega Alakazam (a common headache for these types of team) after just 1 boost. From here, standard ScoliPass shinanigans occur. Heracross is by far the best recipient outside of the shared weaknesses with Scolipede because of it's good natural bulk, sky high attack stat and access to Swords Dance allowing it to do a number on a lot of teams. If the team struggles vs. Quagsire you can run Bullet Seed in the place of Swords Dance which takes advantage of Heracross' sky high attack stat, but outside of that SD is better in every single way. It's EVs are pretty customisable in general, but I just took the analysis spread unless I'm misremembering because the speed investment is nice if you can't get BP'd to as is the bulk.

Good partners include Talonflame checks such as Heatran, Lando-T, Coba Keldeo and various physically-bulky powerhouses. Similarly, Heatran answers are appreciated, including basically everything listed that deals with Talon while also including other stuff which I'm too tired to remember. I'd say EQ is an option on Scolipede to bait Heatran but it can't OHKO max HP variants and leaves you at the mercy of Lati@s' Defog and Starmie's Rapid Spin so I wouldn't recommend it. Other slow/medium-speeded powerhouses such as Kyurem-B, Mamoswine, Landorus-T, Diggersby, Bisharp, Azumarill, Manaphy and a few other 'mons make for solid partners, and ideally ones which utilise Life Orb as opposed to choice items as well as those which can set up on their bulk or Sub with an instant +2/3 move make for particularly devistating partners to this core and can quickly overwhelm the opposition nicely.

Edit: Not a great replay, but it shows off what makes Scolipede+Heracross so scary: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-406588996

Last edited:

Talonflame
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar/Sleep Talk

Pretty effective core with two mono attackers, Suicune is a really cool pokemon in this meta since it is naturally bulky and uses Calm Mind to boost its spD to really high levels, may either use Roar to phaze the opposing stat boosters or Sleep Talk to not be as passive while sleeping. But Suicune struggles with grass types such as Serperior, Mega Sceptile, Breloom, Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur and Talonflame's job is to defeat those and it appreciates Suicune's ability to beat and set up against Talonflame's checks, mostly Ground and Rock types such as Hippowdon, Landorus-T and Tyranitar, especially if it used Will-O-Wisp against them on the switch and it can boost itself with Bulk Up to act as a win condition alongside Suicune.

Reactions: dk

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Dugtrio @ Custap Berry
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Endure

Pretty cool core based around togekiss. Togekiss is togekiss absolutely demolishing slow teams, but it has a few """""stops"""""" in heatran and raikou and ttar and whatever else. Dugtrio supports Togekiss by removing these mons for it pretty easily.

Reactions: dk

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Hidden power Grass

This core is pretty cool as Medicham biggest counter it Mega sab stall and this heatran pretty much destroys stall since it traps them and prevents them from recovering and it if traps something other than Mega Sab it can gets rocks up and if it traps sab then Mega medicham is free to destroy the team since it the only check.

Last edited:

Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

This core is pretty cool as Medicham biggest counter it Mega sab stall and this heatran pretty much destroys stall since it traps them and prevents them from recovering and it if traps something other than Mega Sab it can gets rocks up and if it traps sab then Mega medicham is free to destroy the team since it the only check.
sableye can't be trapped cuz it's a ghost

Sobi

Banned deucer.
thanks all for the submissions. time to vote. vote for 1 core please.

Poison Heart

Altaria @ Altarianite
Impish - Natural Cure
252 HP, 136 Defence, 92 Sp. Def, 28 Speed
-Return
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Heal Bell / Refresh

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid - Magnet Pull
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Volt Switch

Magnezone+M-Altaria is a fantastic offensive core similar to the DragMag archetypes that reigned in Gen 5 OU. Altaria is a fantastic sweeper that can singlehandedly clean teams once Fairy resists are removed, and Magnezone traps and removes some of the common answers to Altaria, such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Scizor. The duo form a deadly core that makes a great addition to any HO team.

Altaria's set is pretty simple. It's a bulky monoattacking Dragon Dance set that's fantastic at setting up and cleaning teams late game. Pixelate Return is an extremely strong and reliable STAB attack with fantastic neutral coverage once Steels are removed. Roost is instant recovery, allowing you to set up with ease on weakened or passive threats. Dragon Dance is Altaria's best boosting move, turning it from a passive bulky defensive threat into a fast offensive monster after a few uses. Finally, Refresh/Heal Bell cures status, allowing him to set up without being crippled by Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Thunder Wave, etc. The EV spread allows him to survive a number of dangerous attacks and set up on threats such as Dragonite, Mega Heracross, and HP Ice Thundurus. All in all it's a pretty simple and standard set.

Magnezone forms a pretty solid FairyMag core with Altaria, guaranteeing the removal of a lot of Altaria's common counters like Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory. This set is stock-standard so I'm pretty sure everyone understands how it works. Thunderbolt is a solid STAB move that can be used to deal major damage to things like Suicune, Azumarill, etc. in a pinch. Flash Cannon nails Clefable, who is otherwise a major problem for the team since I'm not carrying Flash Cannon on Heatran, and defensive sets aren't 2HKO'd by Mega Altaria. It also kills off Mega Diancie and does large amounts of damage to opposing Mega Altaria. Hidden Power (Fire) does massive damage to Ferrothorn and Scizor. Volt Switch lets me pivot with him and deal some chip damage to things like Mega Metagross, Keldeo, etc.

The core plays fairly simple. I also use a BD Azumarill and a Latios to lure out opposing Steels like Skarmory, Bisharp, and Ferrothorn, then Magnezone to trap and remove them. After Steels have been sufficiently weakened/removed, I try to create an opportunity for Altaria to set up (again, Latios works fantastically as it gets access to Memento). Once resists have been dealt with, if Altaria gets a couple Dragon Dances it's pretty much good game, and with its fantastic bulk and Roost + Heal Bell it has no trouble setting up.

komet3

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 48 Atk / 224 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Why one but two mono attacking mons. The idea around this core is to provide two win conditions. Talonflame is there to beat everything that switches into swampert for example ferro, amoongus, breloom, etc. Same thing with swampert with a water move alone the checks to talon gets set up on by swampert. For example lando, heatran without that solarbeam set, t-tar, etc. Now regrading rotom, you can weakening it with wisp and if it comes in on pert you can stall it out of pump if standard set {0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Swampert: 84-99 (20.7 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO. }And for anyone that said tank chomp is a problem. Well it doesn't have recovery and be easily worn down by wisp and your pert can just rest the damage off from helmet and skin.

JosephCottone
Heracross-Mega (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Knock Off

This core is about getting priority for Mega Heracross. Gliscor has poison heal and roost to increase its longevity. Knock off gets rid of items that may be hindering the team. Gliscor is used to get speed and then baton pass it to Mega Heracross. With skill link, rock blast and bullet seed take care of water, ice and flying types. Close combat is for ground types. Gliscor can switch into fire, flying, and physic types that give m-heracross trouble.

Martin.

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Taunt
- Explosion

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Megahorn

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
Like I said in the teambuilding competition thread, suicide lead+speedpass+lots of powerful 'mons is an archetype I fell in love with while it was still legal in NU. Anyway, this is a core I've been using over the past day or two which utilises this nicely. Azelf is using Koiro.'s Azelf set because it's better than the standard Sash variant and doesn't ever actually fail to lay rocks barring, like, two virtually nonexistent scenarios with defensive Colbur while also being able to set up rocks vs. all variants of Sableye barring those which Taunt on turn 1 (iv. uncommon) which paves the way for Scolipede to pass to Mega Heracross and it's teammates with much more potency. Scolipede pressures common Defog and Rapid Spin users with Megahorn and they won't find many opportunities to clear them once it's passed, so those rocks are usually there to stay, and with Black Sludge and a defensive spread it is usually able to pass 2-3 times per game. The listed EVs outpace Mega Alakazam (a common headache for these types of team) after just 1 boost. From here, standard ScoliPass shinanigans occur. Heracross is by far the best recipient outside of the shared weaknesses with Scolipede because of it's good natural bulk, sky high attack stat and access to Swords Dance allowing it to do a number on a lot of teams. If the team struggles vs. Quagsire you can run Bullet Seed in the place of Swords Dance which takes advantage of Heracross' sky high attack stat, but outside of that SD is better in every single way. It's EVs are pretty customisable in general, but I just took the analysis spread unless I'm misremembering because the speed investment is nice if you can't get BP'd to as is the bulk.

Good partners include Talonflame checks such as Heatran, Lando-T, Coba Keldeo and various physically-bulky powerhouses. Similarly, Heatran answers are appreciated, including basically everything listed that deals with Talon while also including other stuff which I'm too tired to remember. I'd say EQ is an option on Scolipede to bait Heatran but it can't OHKO max HP variants and leaves you at the mercy of Lati@s' Defog and Starmie's Rapid Spin so I wouldn't recommend it. Other slow/medium-speeded powerhouses such as Kyurem-B, Mamoswine, Landorus-T, Diggersby, Bisharp, Azumarill, Manaphy and a few other 'mons make for solid partners, and ideally ones which utilise Life Orb as opposed to choice items as well as those which can set up on their bulk or Sub with an instant +2/3 move make for particularly devistating partners to this core and can quickly overwhelm the opposition nicely.

Edit: Not a great replay, but it shows off what makes Scolipede+Heracross so scary: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-406588996

ericaroselia

Talonflame
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar/Sleep Talk

Pretty effective core with two mono attackers, Suicune is a really cool pokemon in this meta since it is naturally bulky and uses Calm Mind to boost its spD to really high levels, may either use Roar to phaze the opposing stat boosters or Sleep Talk to not be as passive while sleeping. But Suicune struggles with grass types such as Serperior, Mega Sceptile, Breloom, Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur and Talonflame's job is to defeat those and it appreciates Suicune's ability to beat and set up against Talonflame's checks, mostly Ground and Rock types such as Hippowdon, Landorus-T and Tyranitar, especially if it used Will-O-Wisp against them on the switch and it can boost itself with Bulk Up to act as a win condition alongside Suicune.

HailFall

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Dugtrio @ Custap Berry
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Endure

Pretty cool core based around togekiss. Togekiss is togekiss absolutely demolishing slow teams, but it has a few """""stops"""""" in heatran and raikou and ttar and whatever else. Dugtrio supports Togekiss by removing these mons for it pretty easily.

kek123

Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Hidden power Grass

also unfortunately, -Magic- has unexpectedly stepped down as co-host of the thread; please note that we are not looking for a replacement. thanks

Martin

I've finally updated the archive after a few weeks of me getting behind on it. Congratulations to Infernal for making it into the archive 10 times as of the end of the FWG week! When I get to a better device than my iPad I am going to try and implement a proper hall of fame into the archive that says the number of times each person has been put into the archive, but for now this should hopefully act as a good way to show appreciation for the continued support for this thread!

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)