Resource ORAS OU Coverage/Lures Compendium - Read Post 72 page 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove Shadow Ball Manaphy, its other moves work better, Celebi, Latios, and Latias aren't going to switch into a Ice Beam anyway, just run Energy Ball for Slowbro, and Jirachi and Mega Metagross are careful trying not to get burned by a Scald! That makes a full moveset already, no use for it.
iirc you normally run shadow ball along with hp fire
your set would be tg/scald/hp fire and shadow ball lets you hit both slowbro celebi and the latis in one slot since you dont have 2 slots for energy ball/ice beam while still luring ferrothorn with hp fire

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You list Shed under HP Flying Thundy but not Knock Off thundy .-.

Also add Infernape to list of lures for Aerial Ace Weavile as support nape walls you without it.

Sorry if i missed someone who posted this. Anyways somthing i noticed thats missing is iron tail Tornadus-T which allows him to hit fairy types like mega diancie,mega gard,sylveon,clefable. This is pretty nice as otherwise mega diancie always forces torn-T out.

For Torn-T
Iron Tail:

This list is incredibly useful but I want to offer a constructive suggestion.

Wouldn't it make sense to offer a reversed list as well? I want to lure a pokemon and I get a list of ideas -- pokemon that it commonly switches into. Some people directly use lure moves on their pokemon to get past that threat and sweep, but other people use teammates with lure moves to open the way for teammate sweeping.

e.g. I want to lure heatran among other things to pave the way for bulky SD scizor or bulk up talonflame but maybe I don't want dugtrio on this team. I don't want to directly use superpower or natural gift ground on them because I want to use the other more basic moves.

So I would click on the heatran link. It lists out: F-Blast Clefable, Low Kick Bisharp, EQ Latis, Surf Latis, superpower Torn-T, earth power Celebi, drain punch jirachi, natural gift jirachi, hp ground serperior, hp ground volcarona, superpower dragonite, and earthquake sceptile. Hey maybe one of these can work, because it can fulfill roles that dugtrio failed at for this team.

The way it's organized currently, I can't ctrl+f "heatran" to click through the possibilities because they are images. For future teambuilding it'd be really nice to just click on "chansey" or "skarmory" and get a list of pokemon that actually tend bring it out into the game, and then smack it.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Wouldn't it make sense to offer a reversed list as well? I want to lure a pokemon and I get a list of ideas -- pokemon that it commonly switches into. Some people directly use lure moves on their pokemon to get past that threat and sweep, but other people use teammates with lure moves to open the way for teammate sweeping.

e.g. I want to lure heatran among other things to pave the way for bulky SD scizor or bulk up talonflame but maybe I don't want dugtrio on this team. I don't want to directly use superpower or natural gift ground on them because I want to use the other more basic moves.

So I would click on the heatran link. It lists out: F-Blast Clefable, Low Kick Bisharp, EQ Latis, Surf Latis, superpower Torn-T, earth power Celebi, drain punch jirachi, natural gift jirachi, hp ground serperior, hp ground volcarona, superpower dragonite, and earthquake sceptile. Hey maybe one of these can work, because it can fulfill roles that dugtrio failed at for this team.

The way it's organized currently, I can't ctrl+f "heatran" to click through the possibilities because they are images. For future teambuilding it'd be really nice to just click on "chansey" or "skarmory" and get a list of pokemon that actually tend bring it out into the game, and then smack it.
So basically, a list of mons that lure the selected mon? I know a guy that might be able to turn this into an easier compendium that can like he did with the good checks compendium here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9207945/rmt.html

Wasn't this done by Lure That Thread already? Although they did it once per week instead of making it a compendium.

Heatran and Ferrothorn under Focus Blast Thundurus? Also Heatran can go under Superpower as well.

Also if Alakazam can have Dazzling Gleam listed, I don't see why Gengar can't. They both generally have an open moveslot anyway.

Lastly, why is Hippowdon listed under Surf and Energy Ball for Latios? Hippowdon isn't exactly a problem for it...

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Heatran and Ferrothorn under Focus Blast Thundurus? Also Heatran can go under Superpower as well.

Also if Alakazam can have Dazzling Gleam listed, I don't see why Gengar can't. They both generally have an open moveslot anyway.

Lastly, why is Hippowdon listed under Surf and Energy Ball for Latios? Hippowdon isn't exactly a problem for it...
In a 1v1 situation, Hippowdon can survive a Draco Meteor from Latios, and use Slack Off the very same turn. This prevents Latios from killing it, and thus allows Energy Ball and Surf to be options in order to take it down without lowering Latios's special attack. Also, Gengar usually runs Shadow Ball + Focus Blast + Sludge Wave with the final move usually being Taunt/Will O Wisp/Destiny Bond. Is there anything it hits besides Sableye? Shadow Ball does a ton, and if I get a list of what Dazzling Gleam hits for Gengar, then I'll consider adding it. Also, Dazzling Gleam tends to be a bit more common on Alakazam.

In a 1v1 situation, Hippowdon can survive a Draco Meteor from Latios, and use Slack Off the very same turn. This prevents Latios from killing it, and thus allows Energy Ball and Surf to be options in order to take it down without lowering Latios's special attack. Also, Gengar usually runs Shadow Ball + Focus Blast + Sludge Wave with the final move usually being Taunt/Will O Wisp/Destiny Bond. Is there anything it hits besides Sableye? Shadow Ball does a ton, and if I get a list of what Dazzling Gleam hits for Gengar, then I'll consider adding it. Also, Dazzling Gleam tends to be a bit more common on Alakazam.
That's true, it is more common on Zam, but Gengar's last slot is pretty customizable. Outside of Mega Sableye, it also hits Mandibuzz and Hoopa-U, but not much else I think.

sergey

Banned deucer.
You should probably add cm hp flying life orb keldeo, it's nice on mega altaria squads to lure venu/amoong for it

Reactions: TPP

TPP

Head TD
Alright, so after some discussion with my co-hosts, we've decided to go ahead and convert this resource to include the coverage of all standard moves as well.

The point of this is to help newer players see what moves can be used, and know why to run that move or at least understand what it hits. We hope to keep the same formatting and the uncommon/lure moves will be placed in bold. As you guys probably know, this is going to take a massive amount of time, not to mention there's a ton of mons, a ton of moves, and only 4 of us co-hosting this. For that reason, I've decided that we're going to allow people to be able to add the coverage for the standard moves of mons. You'll be able to pick from B+, B and B- for now. Also, there are multiple mons that are not currently on the list, due to them not having a lure or special coverage moves. Those mons will also be allowed for you to choose and help us with. An example is Mega Manectric, and I'll work to create a list of what mons are available. In terms of what to add for mons under moves, just focus on mons it's super effective against, as well as moves that the other moves can't touch. An example being Togekiss under Zard X's Flare Blitz since EQ and Dragon Claw both can't touch it. My co-hosts and I will review each mon submitted before adding to the OP.

If you would like to help us with the coverage of a mon, simply reserve the mon, and edit the post with the coverage for the standard moves (this means stuff like Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz and EQ on Zard X). You'll be given 48 hours to complete it once you've posted your reservation. In terms of formatting, it's strongly encouraged to match the formatting used on the first page of this thread. If you need sprites, an easy way to find some include going to the Good Checks Compendium, clicking sprites and dragging them on to here, as well as using serebii's dex (you'll have to copy/paste). All help is greatly appreciated :)

Here's the list of available mons:
Excadrill
Gliscor
Mega Gyarados
Mega Manectric
Gyarados
Magnezone
Mega Pinsir
Breloom
Diggersby
Dragalge
Dragonite
Feraligatr
Mega Gallade
Mega Heracross
Kabutops
Kingdra
Mamoswine
Togekiss
Mega Swampert
Terrakion
Victini
Mega Beedrill
Mega Garchomp
Hawlucha
Hydreigon
Omastar
Reuniclus
Scolipede
Slowking
Mega Sharpedo
Tangrowth
Mega Tyranitar
Zapdos
Crawdaunt
Lucario
Mega Pidgeot
Mega Sceptile
Sylveon
Thundurus-Therian
Toxicroak
Tyrantrum

I am pretty confused

something like Hyper Voice on Sylveon: what does it hit? like everything? you literally click hyper voice on everything unless you hit them with a coverage move, like HP Fire for Ferro, or something. How would we put this in? Have a very long list for Hyper Voice?

TPP

Head TD
I am pretty confused

something like Hyper Voice on Sylveon: what does it hit? like everything? you literally click hyper voice on everything unless you hit them with a coverage move, like HP Fire for Ferro, or something. How would we put this in? Have a very long list for Hyper Voice?
It's gonna be a long list no doubt. Add the mons that get 1-2HKO'd by that move (Hyper Voice in this case), and stick to the mons that are on the VR. Does that help? Sorry for the confusion

So is this including STABs? I mean, aside from stuff like Togekiss that is rarely going to be running both STABs, aren't those pretty much a given?

TPP

Head TD
So is this including STABs? I mean, aside from stuff like Togekiss that is rarely going to be running both STABs, aren't those pretty much a given?
Yeah, and I know it seem pretty redundant including stabs, but the main intent is just to have this as a compendium that has a list of every move along with what it hits. People just run stabs cause they're stabs, so it's nice to have a list of what they hit. Especially if you wanna try running that move without a certain stab move. Here's an example: Talonflame gets Flare Blitz as stab, but it's not always necessary, and that gives it a slot open to run other moves like Natural Gift.

Edit: NO STABS

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Knock off ,super power thundurus-i is a lure for chansey, if he have GK and stab it lure bof stall xD

add the following changes:
Mega Charizard XMoves/Lures
Iron Tail:

Outrage:

Clefable Moves/Lures
Ice Beam:

Knock Off:

Mega Alakazam Moves/Lures
Energy Ball:

Thundurus Moves/Lures
Iron Tail:

Tornadus-T Moves/Lures
HP Rock:

Mega Charizard Y Moves/Lures
HP Rock:

Dragon Pulse:

Kyurem-Black Moves/Lures
Outrage:

Alakazam Moves/Lures
Energy Ball:

Celebi Moves/Lures
HP Fire:

In addition to Lange's suggestions, I think Knock Off could be counted as a Heatran lure, Focus Blast can too, and not sure if it has been mentioned but potentially Return on Excadrill as a Rotom-Wash lure? (+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 224-264 (73.9 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery), rock slide also doesn't guarantee a 2HKO.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think more things could be mentioned under Grass Knot Bisharp; In addition to Gastro, it lures Seismitoad, Gastro and Hippowdon reasonably well (Knock Off+Grass Knot KOs Hippowdon with Naughty, guaranteed on Seismi with Naive, guaranteed on Gatro with Naughty)

Also, Iron Head should be replaced with Iron Tail on base chomper as hit plenty hard enough by EQ or Stone Edge with LO (EQ 2HKOs Clef and M-Alt after rocks, SEdge 2HKOs Toge) and if its non-LO then Iron Tail is needed to score the 2HKO on Clef (unless ada is used, but ada chomp is bad as it gives up its important speed tier):
  • 252 Atk Garchomp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 184-218 (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Garchomp Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 230-272 (58.3 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Finally, NG Fire, NG Rock and NG Grass should be added for Scizor as they allow it to lure Zor/Ferro, Talon/Zard and Rotom-W and the Water-/Ground-types.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)