Other ORAS OU Role Compendium V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add Slowking to Pivots, Keldeo checks, maybe Dragon checks (can check Lati@s), Metagross checks, and possibly Lopunny checks.

Why is Diancie under Sand absuers? I mean it get the SDef boost but it stacks too many weaknesses to be effective consistantly. Also, add Thundy-I and Mega Scizor to Rain abusers, as they are as viable there as Thundy-T and Ferrothorn.

Sorry for not updating the OP in so long, but I have had a fair bit of work to do... Also I played skyrim for the first time recently so obviously it took away my life. Anyway, added everything you all suggested that I thought was good. Made a gengar section because half the teams I see today get wrecked by it and I made a revenge killers/cleaners section (these are all a WIP). I think that's it. I will soon work on linking the analyses to the sprites and I will make an anti-lead section (which I need some suggestions for). Tell me if i missed anything.

tl;dr: I'm back. Have some updates.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tentacruel and mega sableye on gengar checks - first one is obvious, msableye only needs calm 96 to avoid the 2HKO from LO Shadow Ball.

...Wallbreakers: ....
omastar the god gets a gif plz fix this

gliscor to sd (this is just dissapointing)
gothitelle to cm (breaks stall with this)
thundy-t to scarfers? (this is like it’s best set)
clefable zapdos to mlop checks (can take a hit and cripple/kill back plus healing )
mega tar, mega bro and normal bro to flying checks (deal with burds p well)
zard x to sab checks (sets up on it)
dugtrio to priority (sucker punch)

Last edited:
I nominate like I said M-Altaria for Lopunny's CHECK (not a counter) :

He can live Return from Lopunny (Ice punch do less damage) even if he is offensive :
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 160-189 (54.7 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
DDD set :
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 248 HP / 132+ Def Mega Altaria: 129-153 (36.5 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (so in DDD set , he can even be a counter)

Offensive calc (even with no investment , Altaria can kill Lopunny very easily) :
0 Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 326-386 (120.2 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 444-524 (163.8 - 193.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 296-350 (109.2 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lopunny: 386-456 (142.4 - 168.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lopunny: 284-336 (104.7 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Don't agree with this Wolfenstein ?

Sorry for not updating the OP in so long, but I have had a fair bit of work to do... Also I played skyrim for the first time recently so obviously it took away my life. Anyway, added everything you all suggested that I thought was good. Made a gengar section because half the teams I see today get wrecked by it and I made a revenge killers/cleaners section (these are all a WIP). I think that's it. I will soon work on linking the analyses to the sprites and I will make an anti-lead section (which I need some suggestions for). Tell me if i missed anything.

tl;dr: I'm back. Have some updates.
Nothing about Trick Room?

Mega Blastoise should go in Lopunny, Gengar and Metagross checks.
In the Mega Pokémon section, you have them all in alphabetical order but then just stick Glalie and Camerupt in at the end. Would be cool if you could put them in their correct alphabetical placement too as a little nitpick
Tornadus-I should go in Weather Inducers because that's the only thing it's good at

Mega Heracross should be in Rain Abusers. Other Megas that work well under rain are Altaria, Metagross and Scizor.
Mega Charizard Y should probably go in Sand Abusers; but in that case it'd have to be changed to "Sand Team Members", as Sand Teams do like Charizard to reset the sand.

Last edited:
Mega Heracross should be in Rain Abusers. Other Megas that work well under rain are Altaria, Metagross and Scizor.
Mega Charizard Y should probably go in Sand Abusers; but in that case it'd have to be changed to "Sand Team Members", as Sand Teams do like Charizard to reset the sand.
That's probably going a little far too situational on somewhat situational lineups already. I mean it's not that wholly uncommon, but I'm just curious about the direction this compedium is heading. Will it cover every single niche, gimmick and use whether situational or not? If we do then we might as well add another section for say, Gravity teams and abusers.

p2

Banned deucer.
  • Serperior in Stallbreakers
  • Talonflame in Stallbreakers
  • Meloetta to Gengar checks
  • Scizor and Mega Metagross in Rain abusers
Could Mega Charizard X fit in Other Setup due to it's SD + Tailwind set? Or has it just fallen into obscurity?

Agreeing with cis scum, Mega Charizard is absolutely worthy of being in the Other Setup section. It's SD and Tailwind set is a very dangerous late game sweeper and deserves to be noted as such.

Also, Mega Glalie to suicide lead and Spikes users, since it has a pretty cool lead with Spikes + Explosion.

Mega Doom to Mega Metagross checks as well, since if mega evolved, it can freely switch in to Meteor Mash and Zen Heatbutt, outspeed and OHKO with Fire Blast.

Last edited:

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
Manaphy is tagged twice under Mega Sableye checks, also couldn't tornadus-T(av) be tagged under gengar checks ?

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Entei [av], Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Gliscor, Tentacruel, Heatran and Talonflame under Gengar checks

Yeah I'm fine with that idea. Lando-i rips apart stall teams with ease (ahem msableye + rachi + tentacruel), and is quite hard to switch into.
For counters, cress and celebi should definitely be in it, maybe chansey if lando's not running knock off. Revenge killers is basically weavile and cold bacon mamoswine, and scarfers like kyu-b etc.
idk if landorus itself counts as a check though.

Yeah I'm fine with that idea. Lando-i rips apart stall teams with ease (ahem msableye + rachi + tentacruel), and is quite hard to switch into.
For counters, cress and celebi should definitely be in it, maybe chansey if lando's not running knock off. Revenge killers is basically weavile and cold bacon mamoswine, and scarfers like kyu-b etc.
idk if landorus itself counts as a check though.
Chansey also gets wrekt by CM Landorus. Celebi loses to Landorus' that carry Sludge Wave. We can have a list of checks sure, but they'll really be limited to CM (Mega) Latias, possibly Chansey and that's probably it. maybe a (CM) Mega Slowking should GF make one

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Lando-I can get around more or less al of its counters with the appropiate move. I don't see anything wrong with listing Celebi, Chansey, Lati@s, Gliscor, Cresselia, etc even though they get beaten by certain move (combinations).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)