Resource ORAS OU Sets Viability Rankings V4 (See Post #229: Page 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Two sets that I noticed aren't ranked:

1. Calm Mind Mega Diancie
2. Offensive Tank Mega Slowbro

Is that due to unviability?

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, both had been ranked at one point but we took them off.

I wouldn't call either unviable but both are just suboptimal to the point that they shouldn't be recommended really. Calm Mind on Diancie is just rarely useful and most of the time hinders the capabilities when you could be running Protect or a coverage move. Offensive Mega Bro just poses less of a threat to most teams than CM and is sort of like using Defog on your Mega Scizor in terms of "wasting" your Mega slot. Defog Mega Scizor actually has some better utility although quite frankly I think that is hardly worth ranking as well.

Mega Latias Utility -> Rename? B -> B+ (& above CM)
Hoopa-Unbound Assault Vest: A- -> ???
Fix these rankings please, hoopa u is ded and mega lati is a on main vr thread atm atm
Bisharp All-Out Attacker -> Pursuit A+ -> A
Yeah, I agree with this. On hazard stacking teams, Pursuit Bisharp is definitely nice as it discourages careless Defog spam with Defiant. Outside of that, however, it's a mediocre Pursuit trapper because it can't actually switch into Latis well at all, and it has to win a 50/50 to even win without dying. AV Metagross eats up Draco /HP Fire /EQ like a light snack, Weavile outspeeds Latis so 50/50s arent as hard to deal with because you got the advantage in speed (dont worry about sucker punch failing too so you get some free damage off with knock off on opp's switch in), and Pursuit (Mega) Scizor has access to some nice U-turns, which either kills Lati or gives you momentum on the opp's switch in. Also SD is strong af

Latias (Mega)

Utility: A
Calm Mind: A
Mega Latias Utility -> Rename?
Bulky Attacker works fine, as BoltBeam + Recover + twave/cm (already listed) /reflect type/defog/ whatever the fuck you wanna use is what it uses atm, it attacks with boltbeam, and it's pretty bulky.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Can Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin chomp move down to like A please its so passive, its not as bulky as lando, its far less versatile, and basically lando is just better unless youre weak to bish. Like i guess you can make the argument that rockychomp is punishing attackers more and thus has a niche, but ranking it in the same place as lando which can run tons of shit on defenisve sets like u-turn, sd, knock, etc just doesnt feel right to me. Defensive lando has far more utility, bulk, attack, and splashability than rockychomp, so i really think rockychomp needs to drop.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK

Big update

Here's the list of changes outside of VR moves:

• Mega Diancie - Dropped RP set
  • Mega Scizor - Added Pursuit
  • Latios - Renamed All-Out Attacker to Special Wallbreaker
  • Keldeo - Moved Calm Mind above Life Orb
  • Keldeo - Renamed Life Orb to RestTalk
  • Manaphy - Dropped Calm Mind set (Suicune is better)
  • Slowbro - Moved CM above Defensive
  • Talonflame - Removed Choice Band
  • Volcanion - Removed Mixed Attacker and Defensive
  • Weavile - Renamed Life Orb to Physical Sweeper
  • Jirachi - Moved Expert Belt above SubToxic
  • Mega Latias - Combined sets, Renamed Speedy Tank
  • Serperior - Moved Subseed above Special Sweeper
  • Mega Venusaur - Moved Defensive above Offensive
  • Mega Slowbro - Combined sets, Renamed Calm Mind
  • Magnezone - Renamed Magnet Rise to Utility Trapper to incorporate sub or chople twave sets
  • Tangrowth - Dropped AV set
  • Terrakion - Dropped Scarf set
  • Kyurem-Black - Added Specs & Band, removed Substitute
  • Gyarados - Combined sets, named Dragon Dance
  • Infernape - Raised Offensive to C+
  • Scolipede - Baton Pass set added as the top set
  • Victini - Added Choice Specs as the top set, Removed Stallbreaker
  • Cofagrigus - Added Trick Room set
  • Rotom-H - Removed Choice Scarf
  • Staraptor - Removed Choice Scarf
I renamed a bunch of other shit from things like Life Orb to Special Sweeper and things like that, nothing big but it can always be changed back.

Also I'd like to announce that I'm turning the thread over.... back to urban who I originally took it over from. Gonna lock this now and expect the new one soon, and probably additional changes on top of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)