Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

What do you guys think of my OU team? Was going for an offensive build here

Atilla (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Dracula (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Chompnado (Garchomp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Bahamut (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw

Juggernaut (Scizor-Mega) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Persephone (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

What do you guys think of my OU team? Was going for an offensive build here

Atilla (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Dracula (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Chompnado (Garchomp) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Bahamut (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw

Juggernaut (Scizor-Mega) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Persephone (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic
Two things: take this team to the showdown team building crew, and don't use salamence. Sorry, but I'm kinda sleepy, so this isn't as detailed as it could be

Honestly, I know you say you play a lot, but practice and experience are two of the best tools at your expense for really anything in life, and the same goes for competitive Pokemon. Sometimes finding the play style your most comfortable with and playing with that can help you find how you play at your best. Additionally, building with frens is always nice too, as seeing teambuilding from a different perspective can make you realize some flaws in your own. However, I cannot stress enough how important practice and thus through playing a lot experience is.
I have experienced the same as you. I feel like I am not getting better as of now. And I learned myself that focusing on getting a high ELO is extremely unhealthy. As the previous users said playing a lot and getting experience is the most important variables how to get better. A good way of doing so is not taking the game seriously and just play games concentrated.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
HI, I hope this is the right place for this question, there's a team I saw about a week ago when I was reading through the OLT thread and other stuff, the thing is I was going to steal it asap but I had to leave and now I can't find it. It's an electric spam team with M-Mane Thundurus NG Flying Loom and some cool sets I wanted to try lol. Does anyone know the team?? helpp D:

HI, I hope this is the right place for this question, there's a team I saw about a week ago when I was reading through the OLT thread and other stuff, the thing is I was going to steal it asap but I had to leave and now I can't find it. It's an electric spam team with M-Mane Thundurus NG Flying Loom and some cool sets I wanted to try lol. Does anyone know the team?? helpp D:
The team is M-Manectric, Thundurus, Jirachi, Garchomp, Manaphy and Breloom. It was created by "obii", and used by Poek (a.o.) in the OLT cycle 3. I'm on the road atm, so if you want me to post the sets/spreads, you'd have to wait another 1-2 hours. If you can't wait, you might also be able to find it if you just google "obii electric spam" or sth like that though

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
The team is M-Manectric, Thundurus, Jirachi, Garchomp, Manaphy and Breloom. It was created by "obii", and used by Poek (a.o.) in the OLT cycle 3. I'm on the road atm, so if you want me to post the sets/spreads, you'd have to wait another 1-2 hours. If you can't wait, you might also be able to find it if you just google "obii electric spam" or sth like that though
I was looking for it in the OLT thread but the pastebin isn't there, I don't know how I found it the first time lol, I'd appreciate it if you could send me the paste/link to the post :) thanks btw

Are the following abilities, move, and items usable or banned?

-Brightpowder
-Lax Incense
-Sand Veil
-Snow Cloak
-Acupressure

I was writing up the League rules for a college group (just Smogon OU) and thought these were banned due to evasion yet it seems like only DT and Minimize are banned. Am I missing something?

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Are the following abilities, move, and items usable or banned?

-Brightpowder
-Lax Incense
-Sand Veil
-Snow Cloak
-Acupressure

I was writing up the League rules for a college group (just Smogon OU) and thought these were banned due to evasion yet it seems like only DT and Minimize are banned. Am I missing something?
Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.

Ok, this question can propably not be answered with a single, decisive answer, since it's subjective, but: Can anybody maybe share his views on why Stall is such a hated Archetype? Maybe it's just me, but... I'd rather beat my opponent by predicting his moves, effectively checking and answering his threats, wearing him down in what often becomes a "battle of wits" if you PP stall something out, or rely on double switching, when more often than not one of the players does a mistake because he wants to risk something and predicts wrong, etc.;

than to just go (overexaggerated) "hey, let me just set up this sweeper with 2 dances and OHKO his whole team".

I realize that laddering is a pain or chore for most players, so maybe it's just the fact that stall forces longer games, but meh... to me Stall is like Chess, while HO (for example) is like American Football, with the breaks taking longer than the action x)

Ok, this question can propably not be answered with a single, decisive answer, since it's subjective, but: Can anybody maybe share his views on why Stall is such a hated Archetype? Maybe it's just me, but... I'd rather beat my opponent by predicting his moves, effectively checking and answering his threats, wearing him down in what often becomes a "battle of wits" if you PP stall something out, or rely on double switching, when more often than not one of the players does a mistake because he wants to risk something and predicts wrong, etc.;

than to just go (overexaggerated) "hey, let me just set up this sweeper with 2 dances and OHKO his whole team".

I realize that laddering is a pain or chore for most players, so maybe it's just the fact that stall forces longer games, but meh... to me Stall is like Chess, while HO (for example) is like American Football, with the breaks taking longer than the action x)
Basically, people don't want to end up playing for like a hundred turns, especially when they're trying to ladder. It can be very frustrating. Also, when you're playing offence, it still takes a great deal of prediction because you can't DD up before you've worn down the checks to your opponent's DDer.

Howdy.
I haven't touched Showdown (or anything Pokémon related) since March, so I'm catching up. While I was reading the recent thread about the second Sablenite ban I noticed some mentions of Shedinja, which surprised me since I practically had never seen anyone even acknowledge that mon in ORAS OU before; did something happen?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Howdy.
I haven't touched Showdown (or anything Pokémon related) since March, so I'm catching up. While I was reading the recent thread about the second Sablenite ban I noticed some mentions of Shedinja, which surprised me since I practically had never seen anyone even acknowledge that mon in ORAS OU before; did something happen?
this happened a while ago and new variants of it have popped up recently: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/wonder-trio.3542184/

I've noticed that Nidoking's analysis recommended a special attacking set over a physical one, and why so? It's physical attack seems more promising than it's special (not that its special attack is bad).

I've noticed that Nidoking's analysis recommended a special attacking set over a physical one, and why so? It's physical attack seems more promising than it's special (not that its special attack is bad).
Its stats indicate more of a physical prowess yes, but more of Nidoking's Special moves are boosted by Sheer Force + Life Orb, where most of its physical moves don't receive the boost. For example, 252 SpA Earth Power outdamages 252 Atk Earthquake, and Earth Power doesn't result in LO recoil where Earthquake does.

Hey. I've recently gotten back into the game after a 6 month hiatus. I was just wondering if someone could link me to some decent meta crash course videos. I barely remember anything about the meta. Thanks in advance.

Hey. I've recently gotten back into the game after a 6 month hiatus. I was just wondering if someone could link me to some decent meta crash course videos. I barely remember anything about the meta. Thanks in advance.
I don't really have any videos, but in general, the meta right now is:

- Dbl Defog Dugtrio Stall
- Birdspam (M-Pinsir HO)
- Sand Offense
- ABR (Weavile) Stall
- Tons of Bulky Offense, mostly with some, or all, of the following pokemon: Tyranitar, Keldeo, Clefable, M-Scizor, Latios, Landorus-T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)