Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
As far as I know this is the hardest hitting attack from any viable OU pokemon:
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Flail (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 531-625 (155.7 - 183.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edit: hardest hitting unboosted attack*

Last edited:
As far as I know this is the hardest hitting attack from any viable OU pokemon:
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Flail (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 531-625 (155.7 - 183.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Well...

+6 252+ SpA Choice Specs Latios Stored Power (620 BP) vs. -6 0 HP / 0- SpD Gengar: 3139490-3693518 (26162416.6 - 30779316.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (It's impossible to reach tho)

If (kinda) real:

+6 252+ SpA Life Orb Latios Stored Power (620 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 5765-6782 (1690.6 - 1988.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Getting those boosts is another story

M-Glalie's explosion isn't it?

252+ Atk Refrigerate Mega Glalie Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 550-648 (161.2 - 190%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Unboosted, 550-648 is the highest I've seen so far

Also question: What process should I use to find out a threat/threats for pokemon that I want to use? In this instance: Mega Banette

I believe the hardest hitting no drawback move is Band Tyrantrum's Head Smash. There are stronger moves like Band V-Create or Refrigerate Explosion, but those moves aren't spammable.

Other noteworthy hits are things like Mega Medicham's HJK

Yeah, I believe those four moves are the hardest unboosted attacks in OU (in order, Mega Glalie's Explosion, Mega Medicham's HJK, Victini's Band V-Create, and Tyrantrum's Band Head Smash). There's stuff like Band Rampardos' Head Smash and Band Slaking's Giga Impact if you're looking for stronger stuff, but we're talking actually viable shit.

ps trum rules

I want to get better at team building. Where could I go to learn that? Is there someone I could PM? Is there a section I'm missing or something?

Edit: I'm not at all new to the game I just wanna be REALLY good at team building. Thanks:)

So I'm sure that at least some of you have seen this team on the ladder:

Ew. Just ew.

I've seen it in action and the team basically always leads Wobb, and if the opponent doesn't attack outright, just encore, go to Goth, trick scarf, and now the pokemon is trapped by Goth and scarfed into a non-attacking move. Togekiss and Sableye for hazard control, and Dugtrio just to ruin Bisharp's day.

I've been lucky enough not to have faced this team on the ladder yet, but if I eventually do, how do I even play against this? How do I even play against this disgusting team?

If someone could point me in the direction of an RMT that would be nice too.

Why do people call Scarf Magnezone a Talonflame check? I meet Flare Blitz max Speed variants quite often (~1450 elo), and Magnezone does not check those at all. Which leaves me losing because Magnezone supposedly is a Talonflame check, but loses to those variants, and outside of Magnezone my team loses to SD Talonflame.

Why do people call Scarf Magnezone a Talonflame check? I meet Flare Blitz max Speed variants quite often (~1450 elo), and Magnezone does not check those at all. Which leaves me losing because Magnezone supposedly is a Talonflame check, but loses to those variants, and outside of Magnezone my team loses to SD Talonflame.
Magnezone has never been a talon check, whoever told you that is pulling your leg I'm afraid. If you want a talon check/counter, try scarf tran or bulky chomp (using stone edge on both is a good way to dispose of talon)

Scarf Magnezone can theoretically check non-max speed variants of Talonflame (or if the talonflame is adamant or doesn't reach 360 speed, but most talon are max speed). However, most non-max speed variants are SpDef and Magnezone won't be doing over 90% with thunderbolt. Scarf Magneton however CAN oustpeed Jolly Max Speed Talonflame, but it's still too weak to OHKO Talonflame who are max SpDef (tho it can OHKO uninvested really easily)
Regardless, you should run another check to Talonflame besides magnezone/magneton, as these are really shaky and really bad checks.

It was kind of accurate to call Mags a "talon check" in past when the most common set was Adamant Band, which hit 351 Speed and which in theory Mag outsped with scarf. Regardless yeah it's clearly not a check

p2

Banned deucer.
Is a defogger/spinner mandatory in every team?
No

More specifically, it's mainly Hyper Offense that doesn't run hazard control as it keeps hazards down due to constant offensive pressure or can lose momentum from Defogging / Spinning

SketchUp

what about balanced teams?
Depends on the team but it is recommended because Spikes can be really annoying for balance. Especially if something like Weavile or Landorus-T is one of your offensive mons, because they give spike setters Klefki and Skarmory free turns to set spikes. I'd also say it's necessary if you have rock weak mons, because balance likes longetivity even for their offensive mons and stealth rocks on the field can really hurt some pokemon

SketchUp

Baton Pass was used and can still be used on Protect BP 2Atk sets, just not with SD. It is still broken even though it can't pass SD boosts.

Baton pass wasn't even a move used on blaziken
Actually, Blaziken could pass speed and SDs if it for some odd reason found itself in a bad matchup. However, in response to Shinji Mimura, you might want to take a look at a tournament called Gods Among Us, currently in its third round where Blaziken is allowed alongside the OU mons. Right now the consensus seems to be that although Blaziken can no longer pass, it still has Speed Boost alongside being hella powerful and having actual bulk (unlike, say, Sharpedo), so it's still too much at this point.

Ninja'd, but whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)