Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

I have a question about Swift Swim and Sticky Web. Unfortunately I didn't think to save a replay, but I had a Ludicolo (not Timid but Max Speed) under rain with Sticky Web on my side against a Thundurus-T. Now, I now the Thundurus-T wasn't Scarfed because it Nasty Plotted earlier, so I thought my Ludi would outspeed and kill, since Timid Max Speed Thundurus-T's speed is 331 and I thought Ludicolo's should be 358.5 (239 times 1.5 instead of the usual times 2). But the Thundurus-T outsped and killed. So, with Swift Swim and Sticky Web, does the speed drop calculate first? If so, then Ludicolo's speed would have been 318.67 (239/1.5 times 2), but it somehow seems counter intuitive. Can anyone confirm how that relationship works?

p2

Banned deucer.
I have a question about Swift Swim and Sticky Web. Unfortunately I didn't think to save a replay, but I had a Ludicolo (not Timid but Max Speed) under rain with Sticky Web on my side against a Thundurus-T. Now, I now the Thundurus-T wasn't Scarfed because it Nasty Plotted earlier, so I thought my Ludi would outspeed and kill, since Timid Max Speed Thundurus-T's speed is 331 and I thought Ludicolo's should be 358.5 (239 times 1.5 instead of the usual times 2). But the Thundurus-T outsped and killed. So, with Swift Swim and Sticky Web, does the speed drop calculate first? If so, then Ludicolo's speed would have been 318.67 (239/1.5 times 2), but it somehow seems counter intuitive. Can anyone confirm how that relationship works?
that's not how speed is calculated in mons. it would have been (239 x 2) / 1.5 which gives 319 speed instead of 358.5

because as soon as ludicolo is on the field during rain, it hits 478 speed, then sticky web slows it down.

that's not how speed is calculated in mons. it would have been (239 x 2) / 1.5 which gives 319 speed instead of 358.5

because as soon as ludicolo is on the field during rain, it hits 478 speed, then sticky web slows it down.
Ahh ok, thanks!

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As much as i agree that ludicolo is god, I'm gonna bring the thread back on topic.

Does anyone know good partners for SubSeed Breloom?

As much as i agree that ludicolo is god, I'm gonna bring the thread back on topic.

Does anyone know good partners for SubSeed Breloom?
SubSeed Breloom isn't the best set you can be using for it since SD, PHeal, or even Sub / Spore + Focus Punch are all better sets. If you'd like to use SubSeed Serperior is a good choice and good teammates would be anything that can deal with opposing grass-types, birds, and fire-types. You can't fit that all in one slot but you have the basic idea

Reactions: p2
If you're really insistent on SubSeed Breloom (Sub+Focus Punch+Seed+Spore, Toxic Orb, with some bulk and enough attack to 2HKO Mega Scizor and OHKO Ferrothorn), then a good partner is Tyranitar, especially Band or DD Mega Variants, since SubSeed Breloom is uncommon and softens up things like Mega Scizor, which are obstacles for Tyranitar (especially if you're not running Fire Punch).

Does endless battle clause do anything for repetitive switching? I'm at turn 700 where my best move is to switch each turn.
Endless Battle Clause only applies to the use of moves to prolong a battle. Repeated mutual switching does mean a battle can last forever, but eventually one side or the other will run out of PP.

Endless Battle Clause only applies to the use of moves to prolong a battle. Repeated mutual switching does mean a battle can last forever, but eventually one side or the other will run out of PP.
The thing is we've gone 160 moves without attacking, neither of us are going to run out of pp.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And this is why we needed the tie function... It is the optimal play every turn, which means that the battle will keep going until someone forfeits, but it is not under the pretext if a pre-set-up endless battle. As such, endless battle clause does not apply here. If its on showdown, contact a mod or something and see if they can force a tie.

And this is why we needed the tie function... It is the optimal play every turn, which means that the battle will keep going until someone forfeits, but it is not under the pretext if a pre-set-up endless battle. As such, endless battle clause does not apply here. If its on showdown, contact a mod or something and see if they can force a tie.
It is on showdown, what would be the best way to do this?

Martin

It is on showdown, what would be the best way to do this?
Just PM a global mod and ask them if they are able to do anything. To do so click on their name in the user list and click send message. A box will pop up which you can type in. Explain the situation to them and see if they can do anything. I don't know if its still possible, but mods used to be able to force ties in situations like this. Its better than nothing (it can't hurt to try), and honestly I think its your best bet here.

Just PM a global mod and ask them if they are able to do anything. To do so click on their name in the user list and click send message. A box will pop up which you can type in. Explain the situation to them and see if they can do anything. I don't know if its still possible, but mods used to be able to force ties in situations like this. Its better than nothing (it can't hurt to try), and honestly I think its your best bet here.
Ok thanks, got in touch with one and their response was to attack instead of switch. I explained how I would be pp stalled and they said there's nothing they can do.

best set for a physical tangrowth?
Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Hidden Power [Ice]/Stun Spore/Earthquake/Leech Seed

Physical EVs let you dodge things like CB Azumarill Play Rough 2HKO, while the SpDef investment lets you take a LO Starmie Ice Beam and not die (or 2 Specs Keldeo Scalds and not die). Relaxed is best nature since you're slow and you don't want to compromise your great mixed offensive stats or your defenses.

Giga Drain versus Leaf Storm is your preference, as Giga Drain gives you valuable recovery (you really don't have a moveslot to waste on Synthesis), while Leaf Storm lets you stop Manaphy from setting up on you and does a ton of damage to things like Mega Gyarados.

Sleep Powder and Knock Off are mandatory for utility: the former lets you sleep incoming counters like both Zards, Thundurus, and Talonflame, while Knock Off is great and you often get to use it as they switch out their slept mon for a free item removal.

Last moveslot depends on what your team needs. Tangrowth has great mixed offenses for a defensive grass type (100/110 is damn nice), but you can even run Stun Spore for that double status that nails ground types (very nice versus Lando and Chomp). HP Fire is aight since you can force out Scizor and Ferro, but IMO HP Ice is far superior, since you then counter Landorus-T and physical Garchomp with ease. Earthquake lets you hit Excadrill/Metagross/Heatran which is good (especially for the last one on the switch, a clean 2HKO), while Leech Seed is for general recovery.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Hidden Power [Ice]/Stun Spore/Earthquake/Leech Seed

Physical EVs let you dodge things like CB Azumarill Play Rough 2HKO, while the SpDef investment lets you take a LO Starmie Ice Beam and not die (or 2 Specs Keldeo Scalds and not die). Relaxed is best nature since you're slow and you don't want to compromise your great mixed offensive stats or your defenses.

Giga Drain versus Leaf Storm is your preference, as Giga Drain gives you valuable recovery (you really don't have a moveslot to waste on Synthesis), while Leaf Storm lets you stop Manaphy from setting up on you and does a ton of damage to things like Mega Gyarados.

Sleep Powder and Knock Off are mandatory for utility: the former lets you sleep incoming counters like both Zards, Thundurus, and Talonflame, while Knock Off is great and you often get to use it as they switch out their slept mon for a free item removal.

Last moveslot depends on what your team needs. Tangrowth has great mixed offenses for a defensive grass type (100/110 is damn nice), but you can even run Stun Spore for that double status that nails ground types (very nice versus Lando and Chomp). HP Fire is aight since you can force out Scizor and Ferro, but IMO HP Ice is far superior, since you then counter Landorus-T and physical Garchomp with ease. Earthquake lets you hit Excadrill/Metagross/Heatran which is good (especially for the last one on the switch, a clean 2HKO), while Leech Seed is for general recovery.
Is Tangrowth considered a good switch-in to Azumarill and Jirachi with this set? Thank you for such a helpful response btw!

could somebody help me finish this team- http://pastebin.com/3FNnCPnG
I started with sub-seed serp and band tar. added clef to check lop and keld as a wallbreaker that benefits from pursuit trapping. T-bolt clef to lure talonflame. If you feel its beneficial to take out either clef or keld so be it but i wanna keep serp/tar as the team is built around that core.

Is Tangrowth considered a good switch-in to Azumarill and Jirachi with this set? Thank you for such a helpful response btw!
Yea, BD Azu can beat you if it's set up, but other than that, the only set that beats you is Sap Sipper with Toxic/Scald burns. Choice Scarf Jirachi also kills itself with Rocky Helmet recoil and your Knock Off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)