Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to find the actual stat of the pokemon then double.

MAx attack adamant azumarril hits 218*2 = 436, which is about base 145-150 attack.
Jolly max attack Mega medicham is about a base 240 attack, whilst adamant is too high to compare it to any other stat.

I hoped this answered your question
Not completely... is there a general formula? How did you get those values 240 and 150?

EDIT: nvm, my question is answered

Last edited:
Azu has 149 base attack, Mega Medicham has 249.5 base attack.

Just go by the actual stat value. 252+ Azu has 436 attack with Huge Power factored in, and 436 attack is actually what you get with 252+ base 149 attack without Huge Power. 252 Jolly Medicham has 598 attack with Pure power factored in; base 250 attack without HP would give 599 attack, 249 would give it 597, that's why I said 249.5

EDIT: Diggersby has base 161.5 attack.

Last edited:
Azu has 149 base attack, Mega Medicham has 250 base attack.

Just go by the actual stat value. 252+ Azu has 436 attack with Huge Power factored in, and 438 attack is actually what you get with 252+ base 149 attack without Huge Power. 252 Jolly Medicham has 598 attack with Pure power factored in; base 250 attack without HP would give 599 attack.

Diggersby has base 182.5 base attack.

So essentially the huge power boost to base attack with IVs and nature factored in would approximately be double the base attack plus 50?
Not the case for diggersby tho (pun unintentional)
Is there an easier way to find this apart from comparison? I mean, iirc there isn't any mon in existence with M-medicham's (effective) 250 base attack. Can I calculate?

I calced Diggersby wrong, I corrected it above. I was assuming a neutral nature for its 464 attack, which it can only achieve with a positive nature. It's actually 161.5 then.

and yeah, it's approximately double the base atk plus 50.

I get what it is for, but how do people post screenshots where their coil is located right next to their regular rankings? The formula provide doesn't make much sense to me based off the research I've done. The only thing I've come across is that you need 111.839829142 OU Suspect Test battles in order to vote.
COIL is based off GXE and # of battles, and it only shows up for suspect ladders in other words it will always display as "--" on any row of your /rank popup except on the row for a suspect ladder. Additionally the number of battles you need in order to vote goes down the higher your GXE, which goes up the more you win and goes down the more you lose. Although, that's a bit of a simplification.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is no difference iirc, it's just a flavor thing.
Then why doesn't it list Roost? It's much easier to get Roost ingame then Soft-Boiled, so wouldn't it be more helpful to cartridge players to put Roost over Soft-Boiled?

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Then why doesn't it list Roost? It's much easier to get Roost ingame then Soft-Boiled, so wouldn't it be more helpful to cartridge players to put Roost over Soft-Boiled?
For Cartridge players sure, if it's easier for them to have Roost, then let them have Roost, but when it comes to users on Showdown, it makes no difference. As Halcyon said, it's mainly a flavor thing, and has no substantial differences.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's just kind of implied that it's the same thing so either would work.
Makes sense. Soft-Boiled might be a bit better since there are Pokemon who have both Imprison and Roost but none that have Imprision and Soft-Boiled, but that's a negligible difference.

What are some decent non-water type options for Bisharp switch-ins? So far I have:

Mega Mawile
Mega Scizor
Gliscor
Hippowdon
Mandibuzz

What are some decent non-water type options for Bisharp switch-ins? So far I have:

Mega Mawile
Mega Scizor
Gliscor
Hippowdon
Mandibuzz
Your own Bisharp, Quagsire (defensive), Rocky Helmet Skarmory (presuming it's still at decent hp and physically defensive), Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn (again, presuming its at decent HP and physically defensive), Physically defensive M-Venusaur, Terrakion likes to come in on them if they don't have iron head but they usually do so it's probably not worth mentioning, max hp m-herracross, and Latias with Defog (jk).

Bulky DD Zard-X is a good switch in for offense provided rocks aren't up.
Your own Bisharp, Quagsire (defensive), Rocky Helmet Skarmory (presuming it's still at decent hp and physically defensive), Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn (again, presuming its at decent HP and physically defensive), Physically defensive M-Venusaur, Terrakion likes to come in on them if they don't have iron head but they usually do so it's probably not worth mentioning, max hp m-herracross, and Latias with Defog (jk).
Nog's physically defensive Infernape also works very well as a Bisharp counter.
Cool, thanks to you all. I've added all those options to my list (you're all helping me build a new team). Aragorn the King I take it you mean this set:

move 1: Close Combat
move 2: Will-o-Wisp
move 3: Slack Off
move 4: Taunt
ability: Blaze
item: Leftovers
nature: Impish
evs: 212 HP / 4 Att / 252 Def / 40 Spd

Also holy shit I never knew Infernape got Slack Off. I'm totally making one of these on my cart.

Not really sure where to ask this, but since people are active and helpful here I'm going to ask anyways. How do I tag someone in a post?

Opinions on what the 6th pokemon for my team could be.

Team so far:
Mega scizor- bulky SD +roost
Latios- defog, hp fire
Conkeldurr- assault vest
Landorus- physically defensive SR setter
Rotom-w - specially defensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)