Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2

Banned deucer.
It will Mega Evolve first. Mega Evolving is the first thing that happens on any given turn no matter what should it be selected.
It's barely relevant, but Focusing with Focus Punch goes first, even if you Mega Evolve, so you'll focus then evolve

It will Mega Evolve first. Mega Evolving is the first thing that happens on any given turn no matter what should it be selected.
I'm actually not so sure about that since mega evolving has +5 priority I believe, while pursuit has +8 I think on the switch. Makes more sense to mevo first tho.

I'm actually not so sure about that since mega evolving has +5 priority I believe, while pursuit has +8 I think on the switch. Makes more sense to mevo first tho.
No, i definitely remember during the m-mawile days that focus punch started focusing before the mega. It is the first thing to happen (after switching and pursuit) in the battle order.

Does Skill Swap work against Mega Sableye (magic bounce) because it ignores magic bounce, or because it gets bounced and then it works as through Sableye was using it? Which is hilarious btw.

Though not as hilarious as what happens when the theorymon'd Contrary Pangoro uses Parting Shot on MSableye. That's just comedy gold.

Does Skill Swap work against Mega Sableye (magic bounce) because it ignores magic bounce, or because it gets bounced and then it works as through Sableye was using it? Which is hilarious btw.

Though not as hilarious as what happens when the theorymon'd Contrary Pangoro uses Parting Shot on MSableye. That's just comedy gold.
I believe the latter situation, where it's bounced and treated as though Sableye was using it, is the correct result. Since the end result is the same in either situation, I'm not sure if it would really matter which situation it is other than the potential lols.

EV's for Specs Sylveon? i'm using this set on my own and the Strategy Pokedex's set looks like garbage, it just outspeed 61 with no speed investment

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
EV's for Specs Sylveon? i'm using this set on my own and the Strategy Pokedex's set looks like garbage, it just outspeed 61 with no speed investment

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
If you're concerned with speed investment I'd just go max speed Timid to get the jump on Adamant Bisharp and below. You also don't need 2 IVs in attack it can go to 0 for HP Fire. Baton Pass can be used somewhere to grab momentum on switch-ins as well.

Question: does the ability download raise an offensive stat according to the base stat, or the stat itself? For example, if a malamar who had full special defense investment (and therefore higher special than physical defense) but had a higher defense base stat (I believe its def. is 88, compared to 75), would a download raise attack or special attack?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Question: does the ability download raise an offensive stat according to the base stat, or the stat itself? For example, if a malamar who had full special defense investment (and therefore higher special than physical defense) but had a higher defense base stat (I believe its def. is 88, compared to 75), would a download raise attack or special attack?
The stat itself not the base.

To add to the above, this is why if you have a Pokémon with equal defences but you've maxed out two other stats, you invest the last 4 in Defence. This is so stuff like Porygon2 don't get a Special Attack boost.

sorry but if i use a mixed aegislash who for personal reasons i have with maxed attack and i dont need satt investment (y use spell tag to maximie the power of shadow sneak and it already gives me enough firepower on shadow ball) where i put the last 256 EVs to give me optimized bulk on both sides?

Hello SJMistery!
Aegislash is banned from OU, and is only playable in Ubers in official tiers.
But, to answer your questions, if you don't need SpA EVs, put the rest of your EVs into HP, as I assume Aegislash being bulky is more important in Ubers, then outspeeding Azumarill by one point. And the remaining 4 EVs can be put into whatever you want.
However, if this is ingame, and you are using the Battle Spot or Battle Maison, then speed is more important.

Does Aegislash's King Shield lower Mega Lopunny's Attack AND make it take recoil damage from High Jump Kick, or does it make it take one or the other?

Hello:

I'm split on which is the best set for a sand rush excadrill. I can't decide if Adamant 252 Atk/252 spe or an equally fast but bulkier Jolly set of 252 Atk, 96HP, 160 Spe. I see people use both but can someone point me in the right direction as to why one is preferable over the other?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello:

I'm split on which is the best set for a sand rush excadrill. I can't decide if Adamant 252 Atk/252 spe or an equally fast but bulkier Jolly set of 252 Atk, 96HP, 160 Spe. I see people use both but can someone point me in the right direction as to why one is preferable over the other?
Adamant is generally best but Jolly can be used to outspeed other Sand Rush excadrills, which isn't an uncommon scenario.

AM

LCPL Champion
Hello:

Adamant with Earthquake, Rock slide, Iron Head, Rapid Spin is for revenge killing with hazard removal and can hold air balloon or life orb to be effective. Jolly nature with either the spread you have (speed creeps adamant excadrill) or just 252 atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly nature with Life Orb with Earthquake, Iron Head, Rock slide / Return, Swords Dance with 29 IVs in HP if using Life Orb as a cleaner late-game and set up sweeper under sand.

Adamant with Earthquake, Rock slide, Iron Head, Rapid Spin is for revenge killing with hazard removal and can hold air balloon or life orb to be effective. Jolly nature with either the spread you have (speed creeps adamant excadrill) or just 252 atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly nature with Life Orb with Earthquake, Iron Head, Rock slide / Return, Swords Dance with 29 IVs in HP if using Life Orb as a cleaner late-game and set up sweeper under sand.
Is the 29 IV still required for the Adamant revenge killing/hazard removal set since they both reach the same max HP regardless of nature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)