Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will pokebank accept a "hacked pokemon" if its possible to get it legitimately. I have pokebuilder which I use to get the pokemon I want for black and white OU but i am not sure if pokebank will take them.
This is impossible to know until Pokemon bank is released

Not sure if this is a simple enough question, but this is the only place I could think of asking this?

With perpetual rain no longer available, what are the key differences between Vaporeon and Jellicent? I know Vaporeon's got Wish support and Jellicent's got spin blocking and a more reliable burn in WoW, but are there a significant number of Pokemon that Vaporeon can cover with its higher base HP and SpA compared to Jellicent? Or will Damp Rock Politoed still be enough to have Hydration Vaporeon running around?

Not sure if this is a simple enough question, but this is the only place I could think of asking this?

With perpetual rain no longer available, what are the key differences between Vaporeon and Jellicent? I know Vaporeon's got Wish support and Jellicent's got spin blocking and a more reliable burn in WoW, but are there a significant number of Pokemon that Vaporeon can cover with its higher base HP and SpA compared to Jellicent? Or will Damp Rock Politoed still be enough to have Hydration Vaporeon running around?
Simple enough, we think.

Apart from the typing and the other things you have mentioned, Baton Pass teams still enjoy the presence of Varporeon because it is an easy pass in a Heatran (after Pokebank) nad because it has Baton Pass of its own. If you are remotely interested in Doubles, they both are fine Trick Room tanks. Jellicent doubles as an offensive TR setter and a faster one can nuke both opponents with Water Spout while Vaporeon has a few support options like Helping Hand and the superior Protect, Detect. Also, in the more fast-paced Doubles where weather changes are far more common, five turns of rain is actually long enough to pull off a well timed Hydration Rest.

We wouldn't recommend you to run a Hydration Wall in Singles, although your mileage may vary. Tyranitar and Hippodown don't suck, so expect to see them a lot even after the weather nerf and the Wall needs more staying power. The Hydration Tank is probably a bit better because it deals huge damage to the other weather setters and scares them away. A way to pull it off is like Rest-Roserade: When you expect to run low on HP, Rest. When the opponent predicted that and changes the weather, switch it out and bring it in at another time when the weather is favorable. As a bonus, you are immune to other status during that turn.

Thinking up a team and beginning to breed for it. Since there is no RMT forum for Gen VI yet, I thought I'd get some quick opinions here. Here is a basic shell:

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash -- Sets up Stealth Rocks and serves as an anti-lead.
Hydreigon @ Life Orb -- The first half of my offensive core.
Aegislash @ Leftovers -- The other half of my offensive core.
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge -- Standard Rapid Spin set.
Gengar @ Gengarite -- Perish Song wall trapper, spin blocker.
Scizor @ Choice Band -- Revenge killer.

Are there any glaring weaknesses I'm missing? Are there any tips or advice to improve the team that my fellow users can give me? Thanks in advance.

Where do you find the remaining Mega Evolution stones? I heard something about having to go to Anistar City first at a certain time, but with very little detail :/

I did check that out, but some of them were unclear. Like Absol for example, if you look at the description on Serebii, it's actually 'cut-off'. And it doesn't explain whether or not you have to do anything in Anistar City first.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Will pokebank accept a "hacked pokemon" if its possible to get it legitimately. I have pokebuilder which I use to get the pokemon I want for black and white OU but i am not sure if pokebank will take them.
Nobody knows how Pokebank works at this time so we won't know until december when it's released. I think it is possible to create Pokemon that can go past Nintendos hack check if you do it properly so theoretical it could be possible.

Silversea
it will deal 80 damage

What's this I hear S Toss is an egg move this gen for Chansey? Also I heard you can breed out a Cloyster with Water Shuriken? Any truth to those or should I burn at the stake the people I hear that from?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Guys, I was 100% sure that weather stones increase the duration of weather setting abilities and moves from 5 to 8 turns, but today I've read posts from several people that they now extend it to 10. Is this correct?
I recently tested and confirmed that weather stones increase the duration of auto-weather abilities to eight turns.
In order to play on the battle spot do I have to level all of my pokemon to 100 ?
No; all Pokémon over level 50 will be scaled down to level 50. You do need to train them to at least level 50 though.
Hi, how do I propose trades?
Try the WiFi forum.
What's this I hear S Toss is an egg move this gen for Chansey? Also I heard you can breed out a Cloyster with Water Shuriken? Any truth to those or should I burn at the stake the people I hear that from?
No word from me on Cloyster, but an egg chain of Mankey --> Mawile --> Chansey has been confirmed to give Chansey Seismic Toss as an egg move now.

Hi, new to the forums but I've been using the site for years.

Can an attack Xerneas work? I just got this:

Xerneas - #716 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 17
SpD: 30
Speed: 31

Xerneas - #716 (Adamant) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 17 / 30 / 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Steel
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 59

Thanks

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
If you do it right, and make it indistinguishable from a legitimate Pokemon, it will definitely take it. The way to see if you've done it right is to take the hacked Pokemon to Wifi random matchups. The server rejects hacked Pokemon but I've successfully used a hacked Metagross, Politoed, and Thundurus online by paying attention to the little details, including OT, ID, SID, place caught, level caught, etc. If the random matchup server accepts the Pokemon, you've done it right.

Also, a question of my own: what new moves does Braviary get in XY? I know it gets Confide, but what else does it get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)