Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the simplest or questions... But what is currently banned from ou (items, Pokemon, abilities, etc)? I've been busy and have fallen out of the competitive playing loop recently. If you don't feel like listing, a link also works. Thanks in advance..

Just want your opinion guys ... which item you think is better for Keldeo with this set up? Choice Specs or Choice Scarf?

Keldeo Justified
Modest
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Hydro Pump
~ HP Ghost
~ Secret Sword
~ Surf

(Ignore the moves, its cos the Keldeo was recieved on X and Y I have no other special moves to put on him)

I just realized the Garchomp I've been running in OU ranked on Pokemon Showdown has Sand Veil.

Is this a bug in Pokemon Showdown, does evasion clause allow Sand Veil but remove the evasion from it, or is this page wrong when it says Sand Veil is banned in OU?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just want your opinion guys ... which item you think is better for Keldeo with this set up? Choice Specs or Choice Scarf?

Keldeo Justified
Modest
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Hydro Pump
~ HP Ghost
~ Secret Sword
~ Surf

(Ignore the moves, its cos the Keldeo was recieved on X and Y I have no other special moves to put on him)
Choice Specs is a wallbreaker, Choice Scarf is a revenge-killer. See which of these two roles your team needs.

I just realized the Garchomp I've been running in OU ranked on Pokemon Showdown has Sand Veil.

Is this a bug in Pokemon Showdown, does evasion clause allow Sand Veil but remove the evasion from it, or is this page wrong when it says Sand Veil is banned in OU?
Sand Veil/Snow Cloak aren't banned. The only ability that's banned is Moody. That page is wrong.

Currently running this set for late game sweeping on my balanced team, as suggested by the PS teambuilder:
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

I recognize that the teambuilder is obviously not always correct, but it got me thinking. Question: How important are speed EVs on Bisharp exactly? Any important threats that I MUST run speed in order to defeat? Bisharp......
-Talonflame outspeeds by default
-Is not kept in on MMawile
-MPinsir outspeeds by default
-Is not kept in on Azumarill
-Is not kept in on any of the Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave users
-Outspeeds Aegislash by default
-Gives zero shits about opposing sucker punches and bullet punches

I use knock off mainly for walls- which typically have low speed. Iron head is for Tyranitar, Mamoswine and fairies. I most likely will not keep Bisharp in on the former 2. The way I see it, those extra HP EVs could turn some important OHKOs into 2HKOs and so on, which is really good for a sucker punch user like Bisharp.

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
What elemental punch do i give Mega Medicham?
They all have great use on Megacham, however i want to know the best one on a set with High Jump Kick, Zen Headbutt and Fake Out, also, why i'm using Zen Headbutt instead of Psycho Cut is because i didn't breed Psycho Cut and i prefer the added power and flinch chance.

They all have great use on Megacham, however i want to know the best one on a set with High Jump Kick, Zen Headbutt and Fake Out, also, why i'm using Zen Headbutt instead of Psycho Cut is because i didn't breed Psycho Cut and i prefer the added power and flinch chance.
Ice Punch for things like Gliscor and Landorus IMO.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Depends who you wanna hit.. ThunderPunch OHKO's Gyarados and hits Slowbro for a bit.. Fire Punch hits.. ferrothorn? which is already hit hard by HJK (although watch out for protect) or Drain Punch.. and then there's Ice Punch, which suits it best imo, for Gliscor/Lando-T and some dragons in general.

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 184-218 (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'm looking for a Pokemon that will fit my 6th slot due to the recent Lucarionite ban. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Was thinking either :

Alakazam w/ Life Orb
Charzard Y
M-Ampharos

I'm looking for a Pokemon that will fit my 6th slot due to the recent Lucarionite ban. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Was thinking either :

Alakazam w/ Life Orb
Charzard Y
M-Ampharos
Big bad physical attacker might serve well here, especially if the MLuke being replaced is physically specialized. AV Conk, CharX, Garchomp or M-Chomp might all work here.

Big bad physical attacker might serve well here, especially if the MLuke being replaced is physically specialized. AV Conk, CharX, Garchomp or M-Chomp might all work here.
M.Lucario was my Fast Special Sweeper. Sorry I forgot to mention that. I need something similar in that department.

Do you think that Scarfgoro will be viable? Like, since it is pretty frail and has pretty low speed so giving it a scarf will make it able to hand out its attacks way faster, and since Scarfchamp wasnt too rare in Gen 5 UU and it has 55 base compared to Pangoros slightly higher base 58. Of course, Machamp has No Guard in combination with Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge to make it worthwile, but Pangoros main selling point is Parting Shot which lowers the opposing Pokemons attack and special attack with 1 stage each before the pokemon that used the move switches out. Parting Shot doesnt have priority (Would be op lol) and Pangoro is the only poke except for Pancham and Smeargle that gets Parting Shot, and scarf works great in collaboration with Parting Shot.

Pangoro @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist/Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Brick Break/Hammer Arm
- Parting Shot

Just threw this together really quick, Parting Shot being the heart of the set, Crunch is for STAB, Earthquake for coverage, Brick Break/Hammer Arm for STAB, Hammer Arm has the higher BP but has imperfect accuracy and lowers your speed which Brick Break doesnt. Thoughts? Might have been suggested already but whatever.

Do you think that Scarfgoro will be viable?
I actually run a bulky Pangoro set with Brave nature (+atk -spd) and full HP/DEF investment on my cartridge and on my current UU team. He's not as frail as you'd think, can deal decent damage with Storm Throw/Stone Edge, can phaze with Circle Throw, and can of course use Parting Shot.

A slow Parting Shot can actually be preferable to a fast one, because it allows Pangoro to take the hit on his own invested defenses and pass off to a frailer teammate. It's often enough to earn a free setup turn, depending on how threatening the thing you hit with Parting Shot is.

Hawlucha doesn't need much more than a free setup turn to blow holes through teams. He can do it in OU, too, if there's no Aegislash or Talonflame in his way.

That said I've found Pangoro disappointing offensively, so I do feel like his primary niche is in stealing those free setup turns for other Pokemon. Thankfully he's quite good at it.

Yeah of course a slow Parting Shot could be used as well just as slow U-turns and Volt Switches, is the Brave nature for making it even slower? I would use the standard Adamant if you are looking for the att boost, since sometimes you wanna outspeed other slow pokes but your set might work better. Regarding the offenses, 124 in att is really good, but sure, he wont be sweeping anytime soon, i kinda feel that he would function better as some kind of pivot that forces switches and (tries) to grab momentum. I gotta say, im excited for Gen 6 NU/RU! :D

Are there plans to make an "unreleased" tier, similar to DW OU from last generation? It seems like it would work considering the amount of unreleased stuff like Contrary Serperior, Rock Head Tyrantrum, and the recently leaked Mega Lati@s. If yes, when would be a reasonable time to expect that metagame's release, and if no, why not?

Last edited:
What should I replace my special sweeper Genesect with in my team (Trevenant, MgaZard X, Excadrill, Mandibuzz, Rotom W)?
If you're more concerned about the momentum Genesect generated, I would suggest Scizor, which also forms a great core with Rotom-W. If you're more into the special coverage, Thundurus-I or Landorus-I might be good options.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Are there plans to make an "unreleased" tier, similar to DW OU from last generation? It seems like it would work considering the amount of unreleased stuff like Contrary Serperior, Rock Head Tyrantrum, and the recently leaked Mega Lati@s. If yes, when would be a reasonable time to expect that metagame's release, and if no, why not?
You should ask that in the Other Metagames board, seems like it could be a pretty neat idea.

If anyone is adding ( Sorry don"t know where else to post this :/ ) my friend code for x&y is

0104 0861 8062

If anyone adds just shoot me a msg with your FC and I'll add you back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)