Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is allowed, but Chou Toshio said to post here regarding it. I'm looking for someone to help me with my team (Preferably in PMs, don't want to clutter the thread!). I have some peculiar preferences in the way I want my team set up, and I have several pokemon that can fit into each.. "role" lets say, but I'm having trouble fitting them all together in the best way possible.

I was wondering if anyone could help me put the puzzle that is my team together?

How are people getting Dinacie? I thought the 3DS "couldn't be hacked".
I don't think they can actually hack the system yet, but I believe that there are people fiddling with the memory structure of the game itself, which should be much less secure than the 3DS. This is how they got info on the Mega Lati-twins, too, if I'm not mistaken.

Messing with the individual game's memory is a completely different beast from defeating the security on the 3DS and getting it to do what you want.

Alright, time for my own "salvage that shiny" question. After a long time of MMing, hatched a shiny Slowpoke with pretty darn good IVs but...here comes the heartbreaker...it has Oblivious and not Regenerator. Is there any niche for an Oblivious Slowbro or is he, as has sadly been the case with the last 7 shinies I've come across (...I only had 7 shinies before this one...), doomed to the trophy case?

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why has PS suddenly started blocking me from using gen 5 move tutor moves, like Lando-T's Stealth Rock?
The most likely explanation to this is that you're using a gen 6 exclusive move with something that can only be obtained in previous generations. For example, Weavile cannot use Icicle Crash (gen 6 egg move) with Knock Off (gen 5 tutor move). If you could be more specific with what combination you're trying to use that isn't working, it'd be easier to solve the problem.

The most likely explanation to this is that you're using a gen 6 exclusive move with something that can only be obtained in previous generations. For example, Weavile cannot use Icicle Crash (gen 6 egg move) with Knock Off (gen 5 tutor move). If you could be more specific with what combination you're trying to use that isn't working, it'd be easier to solve the problem.
I misspelled the move, which is why it wasn't working. Thanks anyway.

Why is Keldeo-Resolute not usable on PS? And what can Mega Pinsir set up on without huge threat of being OHKO'd at 75% or being crippled by status?

Alright, time for my own "salvage that shiny" question. After a long time of MMing, hatched a shiny Slowpoke with pretty darn good IVs but...here comes the heartbreaker...it has Oblivious and not Regenerator. Is there any niche for an Oblivious Slowbro or is he, as has sadly been the case with the last 7 shinies I've come across (...I only had 7 shinies before this one...), doomed to the trophy case?
Not unless SwagPlay becomes even more common lol.
...yeah Slowbro's basically only good because of Regenerator, sorry. Congrats on the shiny, though!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is Keldeo-Resolute not usable on PS? And what can Mega Pinsir set up on without huge threat of being OHKO'd at 75% or being crippled by status?
Conkeldurr, (mega Venusaur), Hippowdon..

Basically, most walls and sweepers that lack a super effective move (or an incredibly hard-hitting STAB, like Lati@s's Draco Meteor for example).

Last edited:

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
Pinsir gets set-up opportunities by forcing things out. For example, if Pinsir comes in on Conkeldurr, Conk has to switch to avoid getting killed, and thats when you set up.

what are necessary components in building a stall team?
You absolutely need a way to remove hazards from your side of the field, otherwise you take too much residual damage to reliably wall the threats on the opponent's team. Assault Vest Excadrill or a defensive Defog user, such as Zapdos or Mandibuzz, are your best options. Stealth Rock is needed, but that is a given. Last generation you pretty much needed a Spikes user, but this gen I wouldn't make it a top priority. Defog makes it too easy to ruin your effort in setting up all three layers of Spikes. This generation stall is much more focused and effective by spreading status as opposed to laying down hazards last generation. So you should have at least two or three on your stall team. Lastly, some people might not say it is necessary, but I think you should have a strong stallbreaker on your own stall team. Without your own stallbreaker, a stall vs stall matchup is pretty 50-50 as to who is going to win. You have to be on your toes if you want to win. Having a stallbreaker makes those matches infinitely easier to play and saves you a lot of time on the ladder. Taunt Gliscor, Sableye, Mew, and CM Magic Guard Clefable are some options.

Did Togekiss just forget Roost or something, or is there just some reason people don't use it? I've fought three straight Togekisses, none of which knew that move. Given its defensive nature, it's weird as hell.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Did Togekiss just forget Roost or something, or is there just some reason people don't use it? I've fought three straight Togekisses, none of which knew that move. Given its defensive nature, it's weird as hell.
I actually have only ever played against one Togekiss that didn't had it and that was because it ws scarf. In all honesty many people i have seen using Togekiss were pretty bad though some didn't even run Fairy stab

Isn't it 10*5, resulting in 50% chance to flinch?

At least, it should be, unless there is some weird, more complex maths to it.
It's a binomial probability. When probability of success is 10%, then over 5 trials the chance of at least one flinch triggering is = 0.409510.

Has anyone found a way to get the alternate (read: non-spring) formes of Deerling and Sawsbuck? I'm trying to get one of each and I don't have a Gen V game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)