Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Moltres said:
I've got a really quick team question, I do not feel that my team is quite good enough for a full RMT yet so I figured this is a good spot for it. Can any of you see an obvious alternative pokemon to what I am running right now, the biggest problem I have run into is sticky web as it derails my ScarfChomp and Greninja. I am open to any and all suggestions as to pokemon that this team does not check and any pokes that I should switch out for my current ones. Thanks!!!
Looking at the team, I think what you need most is a spinner/defogger. This would alleviate your issue with Sticky Web and help keep rocks off your field to help reduce Greninja's chance of being revenged killed. You could probably drop Sylveon for a defogger since M-Venusaur and Conkeldurr can both heal themselves. I'd recommend Latias or Latios since they resist most of Greninja's weaknesses, can carry Psyshock to help deal with special walls if needed and give a nice switch-in to any predicted ground attacks.

Two things:
1) Does Imposter copy the Happiness level of the opposing Pokemon?
2) If it does, then why don't people run Frustration over Return so the opposing Ditto isn't as powerful when they use Return.

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
Two things:
2) If it does, then why don't people run Frustration over Return so the opposing Ditto isn't as powerful when they use Return.
From what I recall, it doesn't. It copys all the stats, except HP, and happiness, and maybe some more stuff that I might be missing.

Two things:
No, Imposter does not copy the HP, the happiness, and the Amie affection (AFAIK, it might for the Amie). I'm not sure if I got your second question, but I think it was asking whether or not people run Frustration over Return on Mega Pinsir (or other Pokemon). The answer is that people DO run one over the other depending on what the Ditto trend is.

Two questions:

1} Can BW2 tutor moves be used as egg moves in x/y?

2} What does PU stand for?
Seem's you're getting a variety of replies to the second questions. I've heard the onomatopoeia, but I've also heard "Pathetically used" which I think was the original name for it... the other part was meant to be a joke. Idk exactly though.

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Two things:
I mean, with the second question, it could be interpreted various ways, but one of the more logical thoughts, one that should be coming to mind immediately would be the onomatopoeia. However, in terms of acronyms, the phrase Partially Used comes to mind, as they aren't very well used, but not to the point where they are never used. Mainly just how you interpret it, I guess.

Which is better for T-Tar on a dedicated sand team, Assault Vest or Smooth Rock? (Assume he doesn't need to DD or set up Rocks) I figure Assault Vest helps his survivability, but then again, Smooth Rock means he has to switch in less often.

Which is better for T-Tar on a dedicated sand team, Assault Vest or Smooth Rock? (Assume he doesn't need to DD or set up Rocks) I figure Assault Vest helps his survivability, but then again, Smooth Rock means he has to switch in less often.
I'd personally err for Assault Vest. It makes it easier for T-Tar to serve as a special tank while setting Sand up, and while Smooth Rock extends your sand, Vest makes it a bit easier to get him in to put it back up. One thing I notice in weather team fights is that no matter what the setter or weather, there's always a few turns where the weather simply will run out and they have to wait for a chance.

Essentially, I think easier switch-ins is more beneficial than Smooth Rock reducing the theoretical number needed.

Can someone list some ways to deal with Rotom-W that would go well on a sand team? (They don't necessarily have to be immune to the sand.) I feel like everything that resists its STABs either hates getting burned (e.g., Ferrothorn, or Mega Venusaur...who would suck on a sand team anyway with a nerfed synthesis), or hates getting tricked a choice item (e.g., Chansey).
Use AV Conk or Kyurem-Black. Conk can switch in on Will-O-Wisp and Kyurem-Black can switch in on Hydro Pump. Both of them have powerful moves and can even set-up on the washing machine with Bulk Up and Substitute, respectively.

Smooth Rock is much better. Since the point of a sand team is to let you keep sand up as long as possible so Excadrill has enough time to wreck, the extra sand teams are much, much more useful. Think of it this way. Which is more threatening to your opponent's team in most battles, Excadrill or Tyranitar? The answer is almost always going to be Excadrill, so nearly doubling the amount of turns it gets to sweep is much more useful than giving ttar a bit more bulk. Besides, it lets you put SR on Ttar, so if you already have it on something else, you can free up a moveslot on that Pokemon.

I really don't like AV Ttar anyway. Not only does Tyranitar already have plenty of special bulk, but AV prevents you from using Ttar in just about any role that you normally use it in, specifically Mega DD, Scarf, as an SR setter, or as a full sand supporter.

wanting to ask which one would you use. I was breeding a mixed mamoswine with freeze dry and i just cant make my choice
Swinub (F) - Naive - Thick Fat - 31.30.31.31.31.31
Swinub (M) - Naive - Thick Fat - 31.31.31.30.31.31
Swinub (M) - Naive - Thick Fat - 31.31.31.31.29.31
Swinub (F) - Naive - Thick Fat - 30.31.31.31.31.31

So what does everybody think on Assault Vest Tyranitar or Mega Tyranitar? Which is better and why
I just posted my thoughts on AV Tyranitar in the post above yours, but Mega Tyranitar is a great sweeper with Dragon Dance thanks to its good coverage, decent speed, and stellar bulk. Mega is way better.

MoonsEye, I would go with either of the last two, since the bulk difference will almost never make a difference, while the lower attacking stats could. It really doesn't matter that much though, since the difference is so miniscule.

MoonsEye, I would go with either of the last two, since the bulk difference will almost never make a difference, while the lower attacking stats could. It really doesn't matter that much though, since the difference is so miniscule.
i ll use the third one i guess, dont like my mamo to be female thanks for the advice

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What pokemon is the best teammate for charizard Y, regarding hazard removal? Defog Lati@s, excadrill, mandibuzz, mew, etc. I've used them all with Zard, but I'd like to hear what others think about it.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What pokemon is the best teammate for charizard Y, regarding hazard removal? Defog Lati@s, excadrill, mandibuzz, mew, etc. I've used them all with Zard, but I'd like to hear what others think about it.
There is no "best" teammate for hazard removal per se; however, Pokemon that can fulfil an offensive role outside of hazard removal are generally great partners for Mega Charizard Y.That being said, I'd say one of your best bets for this job is Latios. It is a very flexible and powerful offensive Pokemon in itself and has the added bonus of resisting Water- and Electric-type attacks that Mega Charizard Y is vulnerable to. If you do pick Latios, however, keep in mind that you'll need a solid check to the likes of Tyranitar and Heatran. If these threats are too much trouble for your team, you could also choose Excadrill, which has Rapid Spin to take care of entry hazards and Earthquake to deal with ttar/tran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)