Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The burn chance of scald is worth giving up 10 BP, even when considering Water Pulse's confusion chance. Hydro Pump is used as it gets KOs scald and water pulses doesn't get
That does make sense, but hydro pump is probably better then, you miss out on so many KOs using scald.

MANNAT

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
... except Scald is run for the very obvious Burn Chance reason.
You know, the same reason everything defensive would prefer Scald over Hydro given the choice?
I thought mega blastoise was supposed to be an offensive spinner.

MANNAT

Does assault vest lower the base power of secret sword or psyshock?
No it doesn't lower the attack power.

Proof:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 354-421 (100.8 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 354-421 (100.8 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(I changed the item to lefties)

Was wandering around the forum and was just wondering if this set was still viable.

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge / Knock Off
- Substitute / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Encore

It was posted on the Gallade OP pre-release by Rosen , who seems to have disappeared into thin air (rip :'( ). In his absence, can anyone confirm success with this thing or is the general SD/CC/Zen/Knock|Ice the only one worth using?

MANNAT

Was wandering around the forum and was just wondering if this set was still viable.

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge / Knock Off
- Substitute / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Encore

It was posted on the Gallade OP pre-release by Rosen , who seems to have disappeared into thin air (rip :'( ). In his absence, can anyone confirm success with this thing or is the general SD/CC/Zen/Knock|Ice the only one worth using?
I believe that it isn't worth using because Gallade needs a good 3 or 4 bulk ups up for the defense boost(s) to be worth more than 3 SD boosts. Also, it is usually killed by the time it sets up enough by then if you try to set up with that. On top of that, the SD set provides more immediate power and allows gallade to become an insane wallbreaker. As someone in the viability ranking thread, "Gallade is an S rank wallbreaker, A- rank sweeper, and it is a C rank bulk up user.

Hi,
Would you say mega latias calm mind /stored power /roost set is better with dragon pulse or substitute as the fourth move? Also, what pokemon would you recommend as team mates and why?
Thank you in advance :)

Hi,
Would you say mega latias calm mind /stored power /roost set is better with dragon pulse or substitute as the fourth move? Also, what pokemon would you recommend as team mates and why?
Thank you in advance :)
For team-mates generally the things that threaten Latias most are dark-types due to immunity to stored power and being able to Pursuit trap her; so a fighting type to remove them before setting up's obviously your first idea. Keldeo, Terrakion, all that jazz. It's also nice to remove Steel-types so this is yet another Mega Magnezone pairs well with.

Is this set from gen 5 still viable?

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is this set from gen 5 still viable?

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
Not really imo, Heatran is best off running a specially defensive set, choice scarf, or a fast offensive stealth rocker. Heatran really needs all four moveslots and wasting one on sub generally isn't that useful.

Not really sure where to post this, but with Unova Starters finally getting their HA, anyone have any suggestions for a serperior set?
Doubt any of the 3 will make an impact on OU, but kind of want to try the little grass snake out for the heck of it.

Not really sure where to post this, but with Unova Starters finally getting their HA, anyone have any suggestions for a serperior set?
Doubt any of the 3 will make an impact on OU, but kind of want to try the little grass snake out for the heck of it.
There's already a discussion thread on it.

2 questions.
1. what is the current and most effective Chesnaught set?
2. Is gallade a better sweeper or a wall breaker or is it about as equal in both roles? i personally like it as a sweeper who still wall breaks when it needs to. I think its a better wall breaker though, i just want to kno w what otht others think. sorry for errors, im on my phone >.<

what are some teammates that work well with special lure victini?
A pokemon with defog is a good idea for starters, as Victini needs to conserve hp to switch into things like specs secret sword, or other pokemon whose moves it can take and also surprise with a super effective hit, and also take 2 or 3 tirns of leech seed without caring too much. For a defogger, I'd recommend latias, as opposed to latios, because i find victini to function better on balance or bulky offence. Next, ferrothorn is also good as it can switch in on pokemon that often take even super effective hits from victini rather well, such as lati@s. It also provides sr support, to secure a kill on landot with glaciate, and a 2hko on latios. And lastly, something like alomomola is good, as it provides wish support, so if victini gets low from things like chip damage it can get back up, while also forming a nice fwg core. And for the last two mons, a choice scarfer would be great to clean up after victini has sufficiently damaged the team, that could be something that benefits from victini luring in and killing things like landot, gliscor, and lati@s. For this you could use scarf terrak, as it benfits largely from those pokemon being down. And the last slot could either be a breaker, to form a bulky offence team, or a support pokemon to make a balance team. For the support, you could use rotom-w to give the team a slow pivot, giving victini free switches to come in and hit something hard.
2 questions.
1. what is the current and most effective Chesnaught set?
2. Is gallade a better sweeper or a wall breaker or is it about as equal in both roles? i personally like it as a sweeper who still wall breaks when it needs to. I think its a better wall breaker though, i just want to kno w what otht others think. sorry for errors, im on my phone >.<
name: Physical Tank
move 1: Spiky Shield
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Hammer Arm
move 4: Spikes / Wood Hammer
ability: Bulletproof
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature: Impish
^chesnaught set
As for m-gallade, it works better as a sweeper rather than a wall breaker, as at +2 it can sweep whole teams with only a bit of prior damage and the removal of faster threats. And it can easily get to +2 through swords dance, giving it almost immediate power, and sweeping capabilities. Using it as merely a wall-breaker is a bit of a waste of this sweeping potential, though wall-breaker m-gallade still has it's uses like denting rotom-w, keldeo and other things to open up a chance for your sweeper, using m-gallade AS your sweeper would be more advisable.

A pokemon with defog is a good idea for starters, as Victini needs to conserve hp to switch into things like specs secret sword, or other pokemon whose moves it can take and also surprise with a super effective hit, and also take 2 or 3 tirns of leech seed without caring too much. For a defogger, I'd recommend latias, as opposed to latios, because i find victini to function better on balance or bulky offence. Next, ferrothorn is also good as it can switch in on pokemon that often take even super effective hits from victini rather well, such as lati@s. It also provides sr support, to secure a kill on landot with glaciate, and a 2hko on latios. And lastly, something like alomomola is good, as it provides wish support, so if victini gets low from things like chip damage it can get back up, while also forming a nice fwg core. And for the last two mons, a choice scarfer would be great to clean up after victini has sufficiently damaged the team, that could be something that benefits from victini luring in and killing things like landot, gliscor, and lati@s. For this you could use scarf terrak, as it benfits largely from those pokemon being down. And the last slot could either be a breaker, to form a bulky offence team, or a support pokemon to make a balance team. For the support, you could use rotom-w to give the team a slow pivot, giving victini free switches to come in and hit something hard.

^chesnaught set
As for m-gallade, it works better as a sweeper rather than a wall breaker, as at +2 it can sweep whole teams with only a bit of prior damage and the removal of faster threats. And it can easily get to +2 through swords dance, giving it almost immediate power, and sweeping capabilities. Using it as merely a wall-breaker is a bit of a waste of this sweeping potential, though wall-breaker m-gallade still has it's uses like denting rotom-w, keldeo and other things to open up a chance for your sweeper, using m-gallade AS your sweeper would be more advisable.
thanks for the informed reply :]

^chesnaught set
Really? Weird, I thought chesnaught ran drain punch and spikes now...I gguess I was wrong. Anyways, Mega Gallade wall breaks and sweeps using the same set though so getting + 2 you can preform both roles, I just think it wall breaks better personally

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Really? Weird, I thought chesnaught ran drain punch and spikes now...I gguess I was wrong. Anyways, Mega Gallade wall breaks and sweeps using the same set though so getting + 2 you can preform both roles, I just think it wall breaks better personally
Yes it does. I disagree with the set above posted, use this:

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield

The main reason to use Chesnaught over any bulky Grass-type is Spikes, which are very good in this meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)