Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What determines what Pokemon Zoroark disguise itself as? I played a match last night where I swear I saw it become both a Toxicroak and a Sylveon.

So I am going to try to use Dusclops as Trick Room setter with evolite. I want him to soak up hits spread statuses . Not sure on his move set how ever i feel like he has alot to choose from . (D-bond,sub-split, WOW, Confusion ray, and many others) Would I want his IV's on defense and special defense with the rest on HP? Or HP and defense and the rest on Special defense? If any one has a link to something that could help me or if they could just give me there input I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

So I am going to try to use Dusclops as Trick Room setter with evolite. I want him to soak up hits spread statuses . Not sure on his move set how ever i feel like he has alot to choose from . (D-bond,sub-split, WOW, Confusion ray, and many others) Would I want his IV's on defense and special defense with the rest on HP? Or HP and defense and the rest on Special defense? If any one has a link to something that could help me or if they could just give me there input I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Dusclops is horrible in OU, even on trick room. It just wastes trick room turns and can't really take advantage of it. imo, Cofrafrigus is better.

Max the defenses, because that gets you the most bang for your buck with the Eviolite.
Not really. Dusclops' defenses are much higher than its HP, so it's better to max its HP:
160+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 84-99 (29.5 - 34.8%) -- 8.8% chance to 3HKO
160+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 69-82 (31.2 - 37.1%) -- 77.9% chance to 3HKO

Not really. Dusclops' defenses are much higher than its HP, so it's better to max its HP:
160+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 84-99 (29.5 - 34.8%) -- 8.8% chance to 3HKO
160+ Atk Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 69-82 (31.2 - 37.1%) -- 77.9% chance to 3HKO
Thank you for the input, would you overall agree with firehusky's comment? Firehusky's reply said, "Dusclops is horrible in OU, even on trick room. It just wastes trick room turns and can't really take advantage of it. imo, Cofrafrigus is better." I am now just considering running this -

Cofrafrigus
name: Trick Room Sweeper
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Nasty Plot
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power Fighting
item: Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Def
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Quiet

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, that's probably the best set you could run on Cofagrigus. While it's certainly not the best Pokemon in OU, it fills that niche as a Trick Room setup sweeper, and is much better than Dusclops.

Yes, that's probably the best set you could run on Cofagrigus. While it's certainly not the best Pokemon in OU, it fills that niche as a Trick Room setup sweeper, and is much better than Dusclops.
Ok thanks, I have other teams that hold up fairly well in OU however I decided I would like to try something different like a Trick Room team. BTW I am kinda looking for a mentor I anyone is interested please PM me I will not waste your time. Thanks

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
Also Mummy is p nice to steal stuff like Aerilate from Mega Altaria and Huge Power from Azumarill
Can be pretty clutch and also cofag has offensive presence...not run over by anything with Knock etc

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok thanks, I have other teams that hold up fairly well in OU however I decided I would like to try something different like a Trick Room team. BTW I am kinda looking for a mentor I anyone is interested please PM me I will not waste your time. Thanks
If you'd like an OU mentor, I suggest talking to AM, Aragorn the King, or Albacore
I know these guys pretty well, I'm sure they can help you out :)

Edit: Yeah I know, but I just included you since I thought you could help out.

Last edited:
I've asked several people on the Showdown chat this, but I just wanna double check with a mod or someone on the forums to 100% know for sure.

So I reached 2700 COIL earlier tonight, but I dunno if COIL decays or what if I wanna ladder more for the sake of seeing how high I can get? If I drop to the 2600s do I lose my qualification to vote or is reaching 2700 once just good enough? Some people on Showdown already told me I just gotta have a printscreen, but I wanna double check here for safety. I don't wanna decay, etc and be 2600s COIL at the end of the suspecting and not be able to vote.

Printscreen proof of 2700 COIL reqs, my alt is Smile144p: http://imgur.com/lxDvld2

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
I've asked several people on the Showdown chat this, but I just wanna double check with a mod or someone on the forums to 100% know for sure.

So I reached 2700 COIL earlier tonight, but I dunno if COIL decays or what if I wanna ladder more for the sake of seeing how high I can get? If I drop to the 2600s do I lose my qualification to vote or is reaching 2700 once just good enough? Some people on Showdown already told me I just gotta have a printscreen, but I wanna double check here for safety. I don't wanna decay, etc and be 2600s COIL at the end of the suspecting and not be able to vote.

Printscreen proof of 2700 COIL reqs, my alt is Smile144p: http://imgur.com/lxDvld2
Once you get a screenshot of your 2700 COIL ranking, you're good to go. Just don't lose that screencap lol.
Be sure to wait until the voter identification thread is posted.

Hope this is the correct thread, was wondering what evs people think would be best for
Blaziken@leftovers
Jolly/speed boost
Protect
Swords Dance
Substitute
Baton Pass.
Would it be 252 speed/252 hp/4def?

edit: sorry, I realize now this has no business in OU,this should probably be in the battle Maison thread. I'm trying out the Durant entrainment gimmick for the Maison.
Would a mod be able to move it to the appropriate section?

Last edited:
Hope this is the correct thread, was wondering what evs people think would be best for
Blaziken@leftovers
Jolly/speed boost
Protect
Swords Dance
Substitute
Baton Pass.
Blaziken is banned from OU. But if you're looking for a pokemon that can baton pass speed and attack, try scolipede.

Blaziken@leftovers
Jolly/speed boost
Protect
Swords Dance
Substitute
Baton Pass.
I would take this to uber or 3v3 threats (I don't know in what format you will use it in) The ev spread would work just fine, but it is complete taunt bait, and wont put in much work compared to what it is able to. I would personally go with flare blitz or hjk over sub. If you do that, investing some attack would be good for it, max speed max attack is still viable to do damage or baton pass.

I'd say it's viable, but probably not the best set it can run. It's walled by ghosts and fairies (which are quite common right now). The advantage CroCune has over Conkeldurr is Scald's burn chance, so it's not deadweight in all it's games. Suicune also has a better defensive typing, allowing for easier set up.

You know how there's CroCune? I think there could be something like BroKeldurr or something.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Atk
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Drain Punch

Is this set viable at all?
This isn't that great. Crocune and Crobro work because they have excellent physical bulk, in addition to their boosted Sp Def. Conkeldurr has really poor Sp Def, so it'll take too much damage from special attackers to set up properly. Plus, like firehusky said, it's weak to Fairies, which are a significant part of the meta atm.

If you were going to use that anyways, run Guts over Iron Fist. You'll deal significantly more damage while you're sleeping, and it'll be worse for people trying to take advantage of your Sleep Talk RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)