Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald / Icy Wind
- Sacred Sword
- Hidden Power Electric / Hidden Power Ice

Role: Late-game Cleaner, Revenge Killer

What It Does: Base 129 Special Attack and base 108 Speed make Keldeo a very capable Choice Scarf Pokemon. When given maximum EVs in SpA and Spe with a +Spe Nature, Keldeo can revenge kill common offensive threats such as Greninja, Landorus and Gyarados. It also isn't uncommon for Scarfed Keldeo to be a win condition thanks to its powerful STAB coverage and high speed stat. Hydro Pump is a base 120 Water-type STAB move that can easily KO weakened Pokemon that do not resist it. Scald has the merit of being 100% accurate while boasting the chance of being able to burn the opposition which may prove to be useful in the long run. Alternatively, Icy Wind is great for Ice-type coverage and slowing down faster threats that can potentially outspeed a Scarfed Keldeo. Sacred Sword is Fighting-type STAB and possesses the interesting property of using Keldeo's Special Attack stat to deal damage to the opponent's Defense stat, much like Psyshock. HP Electric is useful for revenge killing Gyarados while HP Ice is favored for revenge killing Dragonite and Garchomp

Good Teammates: Choice Banded Tyranitar is phenomenal for taking out Keldeo's few answers, namely Lati@s, Mega Slowbro and Mega Venusaur. Landorus-I also works well because of its ability to severely weaken defensive Pokemon with Sheer Force boosted moves. Politoed's Drizzle ability makes Keldeo a deadly late game cleaner as not much can freely switch in on rain boosted, STAB Hydro Pump from Keldeo

What Counters It: Lati@s, Mega Slowbro, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Sylveon and Celebi are all capable of taking down Keldeo 1v1 thanks to their resistances and ability to KO Keldeo back with their STAB moves.

Any Additional Info: Always keep Keldeo around for the late-game. As previously mentioned, Scarfed Keldeo is a phenomenal revenge killer and late game cleaner and there is no reason to count it out as a win condition.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast / Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave / Toxic

Role: Physical Wall

What It Does: Slowbro serves as a physical wall to such threats as Charizard-X, Terrakion, Lando-T, M-Medicham, Garchomp among other physical attackers in the tier that lack adequate coverage to break through its Defense and Regenerator ability. Scald is the mandatory STAB with a chance of burn to improve its defensive capabilities. Fire Blast is used to hit such threats as Ferrothorn, and Scizor while Psyshock is used to hit Keldeo, M-Venusaur switch ins, and AV Tornadus-T more efficiently to name a few. Slack Off is recovery on top of its ability to restore HP through the use of Regenerator. Thunder Wave and Toxic are for status passing and slow down set up sweepers as well as wear down cores respectively.

Good Teammates: Some partners include answers to grass types such as M-Venusaur, Chesnaught, M-Sceptile that Slowbro may have trouble breaking efficiently. Pokemon such as Heatran, M-Venusaur, Charizard-X and Char-Y, Talonflame, and M-Pinsir can help handle these mentioned Grass types among others. Bulky ground types both from an offensive and defensive stand point can be used to help with Electric Types such as Thundurus, Magnezone, and Raikou so partners like Hippowdown, Garchomp, and Lando-T. Answers to Dark Types such as Terrakion, Cobalion, Breloom, Clefable are some to help eliminate these for Slowbro.

What Counters It: Magic Guard Clefable is perhaps one of the more consistent counters to Slowbro as it has the ability to absorb status while setting up against Slowbro. AV Raikou, Thundurus, M-Venusaur, M-Sceptile and strong special attackers such as the Latis are general checks that exploit Slowbros mediocre Special Defense. Status inflicters such as Rotom-W can wear down Slowbros longevity through the use of burn or toxic.

Additional Info: Grass Knot can be used as secondary coverage where Fire Blast is placed to hit bulky water types such as opposing Slowbros, Suicune, and Gyarados. Foul Play can also be used to punish set up sweepers such as Swords Dance Garchomp, Dragon Dance Char-X, and physical sweepers in general. Rocky Helmet can be used over Leftovers at the cost of losing more recovery to threaten physical attackers a bit more.

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 192 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Role: Special Tank

What It Does: M-Venusaur provides a check and or counter to such threats as Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Tyranitar, M-Gyarados, Bulky Water and Grass types among various others. Giga Drain is STAB for damage and reliable recovery. Sludge Bomb is secondary STAB that threaten Fairy Types such as Clefable, Sylveon, M-Garde while leaving a dent on neutral hits and switch ins. Hidden Power Fire is used to hit Ferrothorn, Skarmory, M-Scizor, Chesnaught to name a few that resist or are immune to its two STAB moves. Synthesis is for reliable recovery.

Good Teammates: Answers to birdspam in the form of Rotom-W, Zapdos, Lando-T, Thundurus, Rhyperior, Hippowdon can help ease the pressure from this style of play for M-Venusaur. Offensive Psychic types such as the Lati Twins, M-Alakazam, Gothitelle can threaten M-Venusaur as well so having reliable Offensive Dark Types such as Bisharp, Greninja, Crawdaunt can help handle these with the last two being able to take care of Heatran who counters this particular set.

What Counters It: Heatran counters this set entirely while mons such as Chandelure and Gengar are some offensive checks to this particular set. Pokemon such as Stallbreaker Mew, specially defensive Talonflame, bulky Latias, M-Metagross, M-Gallade are just a few checks to M-Venusaur varying from offensive to defensive checks towards it. Hazard damage and status, Sand, and status will wear down M-Venusaur as well.

Additional Info: When M-Venusaur is your only answer to Azumarill you keep it alive and waste Synthesis PP. When you waste Synthesis PP you can't heal anymore. When you can't heal anymore, Talonflame destroys you. When Talonflame destroys you they bring in BD Azumarill. When they bring in BD Azu, they set up and when they set up you get swept by a +6, base 40 priority Aqua Jet. Don't be that guy that got swept by a +6, base 40 priority Aqua Jet. Have a secondary check to Azumarill.

Sanger Zonvolt these are both done. Feel free to add/edit w/e.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention that according to the PS Teambuilder, Drain Punch on Chesnaught isn't legal. So you might want to edit that slot in the OP.
(Hopefully it'll update soon, though)

EDIT: Well, disregard this post.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Just thought I'd mention that according to the PS Teambuilder, Drain Punch on Chesnaught isn't legal. So you might want to edit that slot in the OP.
(Hopefully it'll update soon, though)
It's legal it just says it's illegal on teambuilder but can be used in battle.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald / Icy Wind
- Sacred Sword
- Hidden Power Electric / Hidden Power Ice

Role: Late-game Cleaner, Revenge Killer

Good Teammates: Choice Banded Tyranitar is phenomenal for taking out Keldeo's few answers, namely Lati@s, Mega Slowbro and Mega Venusaur. Landorus-I also works well because of its ability to severely weaken defensive Pokemon with Sheer Force boosted moves. Politoed's Drizzle ability makes Keldeo a deadly late game cleaner as not much can freely switch in on rain boosted, STAB Hydro Pump from Keldeo

What Counters It: Lati@s, Mega Slowbro, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Sylveon and Celebi are all capable of taking down Keldeo 1v1 thanks to their resistances and ability to KO Keldeo back with their STAB moves.

Any Additional Info: Always keep Keldeo around for the late-game. As previously mentioned, Scarfed Keldeo is a phenomenal revenge killer and late game cleaner and there is no reason to count it out as a win condition.
Wait how does choice Band Tyranitar handle Mega Venusaur?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wait how does choice Band Tyranitar handle Mega Venusaur?
Mega Venusaur can switch into scarf ttar with ease, but is 2HKOes by any of band ttars attacks.
Tyranitar can switch in on a predicted HP Fire or Sludge Bomb and fire off a powerful stone edge.
Tyranitar also beats talonflame, a big problem for Keldeo.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Guess I'll give Ferrothorn a shot, though like Meloetta above it will be 100% theorycrafting and 0% testing.

Regardliess, I'd like to reserve one Ferrothorn please
To be honest, I don't think it makes sense for you to write about ferrothorn if you're never used it, I really think someone else who has used ferrothorn should do it.
It would be best to write about a Pokemon that you have experience with.

To be honest, I don't think it makes sense for you to write about ferrothorn if you're never used it, I really think someone else who has used ferrothorn should do it.
It would be best to write about a Pokemon that you have experience with.
Fair enough, plus for some reason Ferrothorn doesn't have Rapid Spin.

OP cancel my reservation for Ferrothorn

May I try going for Belly Drum Azumarill, and Ferrothorn? I have used both a lot in my playing and done ok. Is there anything specific I need to do to get a slot?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
May I try going for Belly Drum Azumarill, and Ferrothorn? I have used both a lot in my playing and done ok. Is there anything specific I need to do to get a slot?
There's nothing specific that you need to do, just be sure that the content in the description is on par with the current metagame.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Role: Tank

What It Does: With a solid 100/80/80 defense stat layout alongside one of the better defensive typings in Water / Fairy, Assault Vest Azumarill performs its role extremely well. Huge Power with 252 Attack EVs and an Adamant Nature allows Azumarill to hit as hard as it possibly can, while 240 HP EVs in conjunction with Assault Vest allows Azumarill to tank some heavy hits. Aqua Jet is STAB with the added bonus of being a priority move, allowing Azumarill to move before some faster OU offensive threats such as Landorus and Mamoswine. Play Rough is also one of Azumarill's new STAB moves that hits incredibly hard to any non-resisting Pokemon. To put it into perspective, 248/216 Rotom Wash has roughly ~25% to be 2HKO'd by Azumarill's Play Rough after Stealth Rock damage, which is no small feat for any offensive Pokemon. Knock Off cripples a great handful of Pokemon thanks to the added effect of having the item removed, which almost always works in favor for Azumarill. Waterfall is a much more powerful Water-type STAB move that allows Azumarill to dish heavy hits against the likes of Hippowdon and Heatran.

Good Teammates: Considering that Assault Vest Azumarill struggles against bulky Grass Type Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Talonflame comes to mind as a great offensive partner. Bulky Water Type Pokemon also present themselves as an issue for Azumarill so Breloom may find itself quite useful for Azumarill as a teammate as well.

What Counters It: Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss laugh at Azumarill, being able to resist all of its moves and simply retaliate with a Grass-type move. Ferrothorn is also yet another Pokemon that can comfortably fight Azumarill 1 on 1. Rotom-Wash and Suicune can either cripple or set-up (respectively) on Azumarill thanks to their fantastic physical bulk.

Any Additional Info: Although Azumarill is a phenomenal offensive tank, make sure to keep note of its HP constantly during battle. With no form of recovery, passive damage is its biggest enemy, cutting at its efficiency to perform its role.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Reserving Breloom! Complete!
Reserving Bisharp!
Reserving Excadrill!

Last edited:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]

Role: Wall Breaker

What It Does: Kyurem Black, thanks to it's well distributed stats is capable of breaking down the best of walls with ease. Ice Beam is an incredible STAB attack inflicting massive damage to any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. Fusion Bolt Gives Kyurem Black the ever coveted BoltBeam combo that is capable of hitting on the physical side. Thanks to Kyurem Black's massive Physical attack stat, despite Fusion Bolt no longer being STAB because of its fusion, still heavily dents many special walls thinking of coming in to wall Kyurem. Earth Power makes it so that absolutely no Pokemon is safe from switching into Kyurem Black's attacks. With these three moves, Kyurem Black has perfect neutral coverage. Substitute allows for Kyurem to avoid annoying status, while also providing scouting in instances where predictions need to be made. 56 HP gives Kyurem Black the sought after 101 subs to avoid Seismic Tosses and Night Shades from breaking them thus giving more chances to break through whatever wall it may be in against.

Good Teammates: Pokemon capable of easily removing hazards are one of the best teammates for Kyurem Black. Because it is weak to rocks, as well as grounded, multiple switchins can really hurt in the long run. Powerful physical Fighting types are also very helpful because otherwise, Kyurem Black has no way of breaking through Chansey unless its Eviolite has previously been knocked off, Mega Lopunny, Terrakion, and even Secret Sword Keldeo can get the job done. Powerful Steel types are also great to break through Bulky Fairies that are capable of dealing with Kyurem Black 1v1, Mega Scizor, Jirachi, and Heatran are all very capable teammates.

What Counters It: As stated above, Chansey is extremely hard to break 1v1, and can out stall all Fusion bolts Kyurem Black has forcing it to do piddly damage with it's special moves. Sylveon, because of Hyper Voice, is also a good counter capable of taking 2 fusion bolts no problem and OHKOing with Hyper Voice. Without HP Fire, Ferrothorn, although not a hard counter since Ice Beam still does nice damage, can Gyro Ball past the sub, and pick off the additional damage depending on the amount of Health Kyurem is at. Clefable is much like Sylveon that can't bypass subs.

Any Additional Info: Substitute can be dropped in place of Outrage or Dragon Claw if Chansey becomes too big of a problem, however, that severely hinders its staying power while also leaving it open to statuses.

Last edited:

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire] / Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Healing Wish / Roost

Role: Hazard Remover, Support (Healing Wish)

What it Does: High speed and a fairly strong offensive presence allow Latias to easily assume the role of an offensive Defogger. Latias' usefulness only increases with the inclusion of the move Healing Wish, allowing her to sacrifice herself in order to bring a weakened sweeper back to full health and free of any status condition. Draco Meteor is Latias' main STAB, able to put dents in most things that don't resist it. In the second slot Psyshock is generally the go-to option, being a decently powerful secondary STAB move that hits fairies for neutral damage and the likes of Keldeo, and Mega Venusaur for super effective damage. Hidden Power Fire or Thunderbolt are also options for the second moveslot. Hidden Power Fire hits steel types like Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory while Thunderbolt hits Mandibuzz, Skarmory, and water types like Suicune and Azumarill. If your team doesn't require Healing Wish support feel free to use Roost in the last slot in order to improve Latias' longevity, allowing her to perform her role as a Defogger many more times throughout a battle.

Good Teammates: Stealth Rock weak Pokemon that appreciate Hazard Removal, like Talonflame, Mega Charizard Y, Dragonite and Gyarados make good teammates for Latias. Fighting types like Keldeo or Conkeldurr that can beat Pursuit trappers also make good partners, they can even further assist Latias by taking down the steel types that wall Latias if she's not using Hidden Power Fire. Steel types like Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Scizor have good synergy with Latias and can take care of the fairy types that give Latias trouble.

What Counters it: Steel and fairy types like Ferrothorn, Heatran, Sylveon, Clefable, and Mega Altaria can all safely switch into any of Latias' moves and set up Stealth Rock, fire off a super effective move, or use Latias as setup fodder. Pursuit trappers like Tyranitar, Bisharp, and Choice Band Scizor can hit Latias with Pursuit when you try to switch her out, however Bisharp and Scizor both need to watch out for Hidden Power Fire. Specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey, Mew, and Celebi can take advantage of Draco Meteor's special attack drop to heal themselves and wall Latias. Some offensive checks to Latias include Weavile and Greninja, both of whom can take advantage of an obvious Psyshock to switch in for free.

Any Additional Info: A bulkier EV spread with 72 HP /184 SpA / 252 Spe is also and option, allowing Latias to avoid being 2HKOed by Thundurus' Hidden Power Ice. You can usually afford to play a bit more aggressively with your sweepers when you have Latias since if they get of weakened or receive a status condition she can heal one of them with Healing Wish. Healing Wish restores your Pokemon's HP before they take hazard damage, so if you're in a tight spot don't feel that you need to use Defog first if the Pokemon you want to heal would normally be KOed by hazards.

All right, so while attempting to modify the OP with everyone's sets, I found out I hit the maximum word limit for the OP (that didn't take long) so I'll be shifting some stuff around to try and fit the sets into the reserve posts. It's getting late for me, so I'll have the current sets up and the lists reorganized by tomorrow morning. You can keep posting sets in the meantime since with 2 spare post spots I should be able to get the current entries in and still have room for more.

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
I'd go with Adamant. Jolly gives a nice increase in speed but at base 100 it's honestly futile. The extra attack is a lot more viable and you're better off building a team around Megazard X that can take down the few walls that it does have.

As an example;

+1 Adamant Megazard X has a 98.8% chance of 2HKO 252 HP & Def Mega Tyranitar with Earthquake, while +1 Joly Megazard X has guaranteed 3HKO with the same attack.

Now this is just an example, but it shows how significant the power drop is. There is a reason most sets utilize the Adamant nature, he is an 'S rank' Physical Sweeper after all.
If we're talking about a faster DDance spread for Char-X, Jolly is definitely the nature you want. That point mentioned about outpacing scarfed Lando-T is one of the biggest selling points of Jolly DDance Char-X as with just a bit of prior damage, Stealth Rock basically, you are able to take out Scarf Lando-T with little effort from Flare Blitz. Adamant has its purposes with various other spreads but two of its most viable sets in terms of Dragon Dance Sweeper imo are the specially defensive DDance spreads to muscle past such threats as Greninja and Keldeo and the Jolly Nature spread that hits the 310 benchmark to outpace Scarf Lando-T. Charizard-X especially those with Dragon/Fire coverage over Fire/Ground coverage shouldn't be really trying to take on healthy Tyranitars anyways and Roost is basically a necessity for just about every set available at this point in OU.

Edit: Reserving Swords Dance Terrakion.

If we're talking about a faster DDance spread for Char-X, Jolly is definitely the nature you want. That point mentioned about outpacing scarfed Lando-T is one of the biggest selling points of Jolly DDance Char-X as with just a bit of prior damage, Stealth Rock basically, you are able to take out Scarf Lando-T with little effort from Flare Blitz. Adamant has its purposes with various other spreads but two of its most viable sets in terms of Dragon Dance Sweeper imo are the specially defensive DDance spreads to muscle past such threats as Greninja and Keldeo and the Jolly Nature spread that hits the 310 benchmark to outpace Scarf Lando-T. Charizard-X especially those with Dragon/Fire coverage over Fire/Ground coverage shouldn't be really trying to take on healthy Tyranitars anyways and Roost is basically a necessity for just about every set available at this point in OU.

Edit: Reserving Swords Dance Terrakion.
Tyranitar was just an example of the Attack loss. Seriously base 100 is not that great anymore and the attack boost is fantastic. Most sets utilize this (including the ones on SMOGON) and yes Roost is more viable but Earthquake is still an option. Adamant Mega Charizard X is still fast enough to take on the majority of the meta at +1 and honestly you should be building a team aroung Megazard X to take out such threats. Megazard X needs little support, but the support it does need comes in handy at times like these. Excadrill is a great rapid spinner that also takes care of many Megazard X walls. You shouldn't be dropping attack when you have other Pokemon that do what Megazard X can't. Like I said, there is a reason the majority of the meta uses Adamant over Jolly. Oh and the Jolly and SpD sets are by no means superior to the

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4Def / 252Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31

Flare Blitz
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Roost

set. This one is the one I've been using for quite awhile and the Attack boost is more than capable of OHKOing the majority of the meta. Whereas Jolly requires much more support and will cause less OHKOs.

AM

LCPL Champion
Tyranitar was just an example of the Attack loss. Seriously base 100 is not that great anymore and the attack boost is fantastic. Most sets utilize this (including the ones on SMOGON) and yes Roost is more viable but Earthquake is still an option. Adamant Mega Charizard X is still fast enough to take on the majority of the meta at +1 and honestly you should be building a team aroung Megazard X to take out such threats. Megazard X needs little support, but the support it does need comes in handy at times like these. Excadrill is a great rapid spinner that also takes care of many Megazard X walls. You shouldn't be dropping attack when you have other Pokemon that do what Megazard X can't. Like I said, there is a reason the majority of the meta uses Adamant over Jolly.
So basically when a new comer comes to this thread especially many of those I guide and teach reads up on spreads for building teams they're going to basically see all these spreads run Adamant and Neutral Base Speed natures. So it's ok to neglect the one spread that handles a very consistent check to Char-X that is very relevant in the metagame while still having its offensive prowess to handle plenty more? This is just failing to address what options are available from a team-building standpoint and to me would be a disservice to those that are trying to learn and gain valuable information from this thread instead of being left in the dark. I'm pretty positive I addressed this in a previous post but Pokemon such as Charizard-X have various spreads with different natures and movesets associated with them to handle a wide variety of threats. I don't want to turn the focus of this thread into us arguing and debating over such trivial aspects but if Char-X can consolidate its role in handling a specific threat, which it does with Jolly in handling Lando-T on top of everything else it beats now, this will now ease the pressure from a teammate to handle this and as such can allow much more quality team-building both from the team-builder itself to its practical use in battles. But yeah that's the last reply I will be answering on this matter.

So basically when a new comer comes to this thread especially many of those I guide and teach reads up on spreads for building teams they're going to basically see all these spreads run Adamant and Neutral Base Speed natures. So it's ok to neglect the one spread that handles a very consistent check to Char-X that is very relevant in the metagame while still having its offensive prowess to handle plenty more? This is just failing to address what options are available from a team-building standpoint and to me would be a disservice to those that are trying to learn and gain valuable information from this thread instead of being left in the dark. I'm pretty positive I addressed this in a previous post but Pokemon such as Charizard-X have various spreads with different natures and movesets associated with them to handle a wide variety of threats. I don't want to turn the focus of this thread into us arguing and debating over such trivial aspects but if Char-X can consolidate its role in handling a specific threat, which it does with Jolly in handling Lando-T on top of everything else it beats now, this will now ease the pressure from a teammate to handle this and as such can allow much more quality team-building both from the team-builder itself to its practical use in battles. But yeah that's the last reply I will be answering on this matter.
My apologies, I'm not trying to say Jolly is completely irrelevant here, my point is that I think the main set addressed should be Adamant, as it's the number one run and the easiest (as this appeals to newcomers.) But I see your point, and I agree wirh you, happy teaching.

Reactions: AM

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute / Refresh / Heal Bell
- Frustration / Facade
- Roost

Role: Physical Sweeper

What It Does: Mega Altaria is very good with the Sub DD Roost set. It can set up on a lot of mons in OU, and clean late game. Mega Altaria can also counter/check a lot thanks to its unique typing, such as the Zards, Lati@s, Breloom, Conkeldurr, Keldeo, Dragonite, Mega Heracross, Kyurem-Black, Mega Gallade, and a few others. Besides Substitute, Refresh and Heal Bell are other options so you can switch in on Toxics from Chansey or Will-O-Wisps from Rotom-W and set up on them. Refresh, which only heals the user, can be used to Stall out Toxic and Will-O-Wisp, as it has 32 PP. Heal Bell can be used to heal your full team from Status, but it only has 8 PP, so you can't really stall your opponent out of PP. The EVs are pretty specific on this set, although there are other options you can use. 248 HP to take less from Stealth Rocks, 108 Defense to better check the mons listed before, as most of them are physical, and 152 Speed with a Jolly nature to outspeed Weavile at +1. You can use 176 Speed with a Jolly nature to outspeed Mega Beedrill at +1 if it is a problem for you team.

Good Teammates: Magnezone is a good teammate because it can trap and kill most steel types. Stall Breaker or Swords Dance Talonflame is a very good teammate as it can beat almost all of Mega Altaria's counters, except for a few. Mega Altaria performs really well on Sand Offense. Water Types are also good

What Counters It: Mega Altaria is hard stopped by Steel Types, such as Heatran, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Magnezone, and Scizor. Some Poison and Fairy Types can also be a problem, mainly Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, and Unaware Clefable.

Any Additional Info: Make sure you remove all Steel Types before attempting to set up with Mega Altaria.
After much procrastinating I finally finished Mega Altaria.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Role: Wallbreaker

What It Does: Focus Sash Breloom, more affectionately known as "SashLoom" by the competitive community, excels at wearing down the opposing team so that other teammates can finish off the team. With a sky-high base 130 Attack stat and access to the ability Technician, Breloom is no soft hitter by any means. Spore allows Breloom to place Pokemon under the Sleep condition. While Sleep was nerfed from Gen V to Gen VI, it is still a nasty status condition as it makes the opposing Pokemon inactive and presents a set-up opportunity for teammates. Bullet Seed, thanks to Technician and STAB, actually can dish out solid damage even against certain Pokemon that resist the move. Breloom might even get lucky and receive all 5 hits on Bullet Seed as well! Mach Punch provides not only Fighting-type coverage but also gives Breloom access to a priority STAB move. This mitigates Breloom horrendous Speed stat and allows Breloom to present itself as a threat against much faster threats such as Greninja and Terrakion. Rock Tomb allows Breloom to hit Pokemon that resist both STABs such as Talonflame and Latios, for hefty amounts of damage. It's added effect of lowering the target's Speed is great for Breloom as it can provide Breloom with the opportunity to KO the slow Pokemon with a stronger move.

Good Teammates: SashLoom isn't all too teammate dependent due to how it plays. However, there are definitely teammates that can work fantastically with Breloom's offensive capability. Greninja comes to mind as it can effectively KO all the Pokemon that Breloom would not normally be able to (i.e Skarmory). Pokemon that appreciate the removal of Bulky Water Type Pokemon such as Talonflame, also make great partners for Breloom as well.

What Counters It: Skarmory, Mega Venusaur and Chesnaught are three Pokemon that can easily shrug off any move Breloom throws at them, except for Spore in Skarmory's case. Otherwise, Breloom can do very little to significantly damage the three aforementioned Pokemon. Generally speaking, Bulky Grass Type Pokemon work well against Breloom.

Any Additional Info: Breloom should be played early-game and can often be a strong lead Pokemon thanks to the combination of Spore and Focus Sash. Breloom can also be preserved for the late-game thanks to its strong hitting priority Mach Punch. Also when using Spore, be careful not to use it recklessly. Due to Sleep Clause, only one Pokemon can be placed under the Sleep condition by Breloom at any one time, so make it count!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)