Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The winner is :

Next mons are:
+ Fighting type

Fletchinder is an amazing on its own but sometimes you may need so help breaking down the other team a bit before it can sweep. Fighting-types can be really amazing partner for Fletch resisting one of its major weaknesses and also getting rid of steel and rock types it has probleams getting past. Fletch can slow switch into some types Fighting-types can't like fairy types and can lure out opposing Fletchinder and OHKO them. After an SD if you run like crazy amounts of speed creep.

Deadline: March 25

Let's start it boys:

Next Mon is:

Well, Manectric is one of the most recent additions to RU, with decent speed, acess to coverage to hit things like M-Steelix and Flygon/Seismitoad and typing to check Fletchinder Manectric is a cool offensive mon that can pressure defensive cores helping teammates weakening his checks.

Deadline: March 31

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Spring Trap (Mawile) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock

Remedies (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Healing Wish

Knighthood (Escavalier) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Megahorn

Empire (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Lightning Streaks (Manectric) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Foreign Invader (Sigilyph) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Calm Mind

This was used in RU Seasonal (I also could have won my match to if it weren't for hax!) and the team was built around Passing Mawile into things. I added Mola because I wanted Healing Wish on the team as well a Fire-type check for Mawile. I added Escalivier as it enjoys getting boost faster from Mawile as well as a solid answer to Psychic-types like Meloetta. Tyrantrum is cool for Fire-types which the team can struggle with as well as being incredibly stupid at + 4 I needed something to deal with Water-types as well as pivot around. I also like having Overheat for Steel-types which is why I didn't opt for Jolteon. In the last goes Sigilyph as it can help to break team early as well as removing Dark and Ice-types (mostly Sneasel) pretty easily.

Sorry for the delay, the winner is:

Next mon is:

Icey Types in general are pretty good offensively and Mega Glalie is a powerfull wallbreaker wich also has acess to Spikes and Priority the lack of good icey resists helps Glalie to becomes one of the most threatening mons in the tier.

Deadline: April 29

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Double-Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Energy Ball

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Refresh

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

So, this is a VERY old team who got me pretty high on the ladder when I first started playing, I revamped it the best I could to best accomodate the changes :]
I basically started off with the offensive core of M-Glalie and Trapper Houdoom, since they check a couple of each others counters, like steel types and dragons flygon, I then needed something to handle fighting types and LO sigilyph seemed to fit the role well although weak to knock off wich I mean both houdoom and glalilite resist
SD Virizion is pretty standart and helps against bulky waters, Blastoise wasn't around when I first built this, but has been on every team I've built since it dropped and this one was no exception and finally I decided to add diance as it provides me with a solid fletch answer as well as Steath Rocks

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is a team I built for the round 2 of the seasonal, and it performed well. The goal of the team is to weaken Glalie checks with hazards, and the offensive presence of CB Gon and Emboar (which can be a second cleaner if Glalie died in early/mid game). Qwilfish and Bronzong are part of the defensive core and they checks almost any offensive threat in the tier, while also setting up hazards. Spiritomb acted as a spin blocker and WoW+Taunt is a nice way to lure things like Alomomola and it let Tomb to not be too much passive againist things like Steelix or Rhyperior! Flygon was added to pressure things like regencores or Mega Lix+bulky water, because with hazards and the CB boost it's almost impossible to switch on it. Emboar was added as a revengekiller to things like Virizion (and Durant at the time). Spreads are a bit weird and I don't even remember why things like 28 spa Glalie but I think it has some use!! Also here is the replay of the seasonal battle.
LIOFILIZZAZIONE (Glalie) (M) @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Double-Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake

MALCOMUNE (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave
- Scald

VORTEXPALLA (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

SBIGOATTACCO (Spiritomb) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp

RETROMARCIA (Flygon) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake

SPRIZZALAMPO (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)