Research ORAS TM Location Guide [COMPLETE except for Mirage Spot TMs]

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wild Charge and Energy Ball are both in the Safari zone, but can only be obtained when you have both bikes. I'll edit this in the proper format when I get home.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've updated the OP so that every TM is listed with descriptions for those that we know, of course that means some don't have a description so if you can help out with any of those then please do!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I've updated the OP so that every TM is listed with descriptions for those that we know, of course that means some don't have a description so if you can help out with any of those then please do!
Please make sure these are *detailed* descriptions of where the items are... Don't just say "Route 115" or something. That was my original idea behind the XY version of this thread!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please make sure these are *detailed* descriptions of where the items are... Don't just say "Route 115" or something. That was my original idea behind the XY version of this thread!
With all due respect DHR, have you seen the listings yet? I've stolen copied your format to have general and specific locations, with specific locations being updated as I find them myself or someone posts a good description themselves. At the moment there quite a few entries with 'no description yet' as they haven't been found by anyone here yet which will obviously receive info when they are uncovered (for those I just stole the General Location from serebii).

I fully understand the importance of detailed locations as that's what separates this list from others such as serebii's and Bulbapedia's :)

Yeah, the TM list is up for Serebii, but the descriptions are definitely generic. I'd be interested in helping, but It's been hard finding the time to play my Omega Ruby (got past the 1st gym so far).

Thunderbolt is given by Wattson in Mauville City after "the new Mauville mission." Does anybody know when this mission occurs? (Before/After what gym?)

I'm considering on using Starmie and Manectric on my run

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
for TM 60 Quash:

Specific Location: Speak to the woman on the far right of the Poke Mart and answer "Yes" to her question.

also Mauville is misspelled as Mauvile with one "L" in all but one of the entries in the OP.

Karxrida

Yeah, the TM list is up for Serebii, but the descriptions are definitely generic. I'd be interested in helping, but It's been hard finding the time to play my Omega Ruby (got past the 1st gym so far).

Thunderbolt is given by Wattson in Mauville City after "the new Mauville mission." Does anybody know when this mission occurs? (Before/After what gym?)

I'm considering on using Starmie and Manectric on my run
New Mauville is triggered by beating or capturing Kyogre/Groudon.

cant say, the prices for the TMs in Lilycove are $10,000 for Light Screen, Reflect, Safeguard, and Protect; $30,000 for Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard, and I think Focus Blast and Stone Edge (they might be $40,000); and $50,000 for Hyper Beam and Giga Impact.

Also...
TM Number: 56
Move Name: Energy Ball
General Location: Safari Zone
Specific Location: Northeastern part of the map. Requires Surf and both bikes, so it's post-game only.

TM Number: 93
Move Name: Wild Charge
General Location: Safari Zone
Specific Location: Middle part of the map. Requires Surf and both bikes, so it's post-game only.

Karxrida

Embargo is found in the cabin furthest to the right on the bottom/southern part of the main floor, next to the stairs heading to the cargo area.

TM Number: 80
Move Name: Rock Slide
General Location: Route 134
Specific Location: At the center of a spiral maze, directly west of the Sealed Chamber's Dive spot.

This kinda sucks, but it seems like you can only get some TMs from the random Mirage Spots that appear. I just unlocked Mirage Mountain via the Buzz Nav, and it had Poison Jab on it.
How do you get the poison jab tm? I'm on mirage mountain but can't find it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Nexus whoops! Thanks for the heads up. That's what happens when you write this stuff up at 3am and you think Mauville is like Mawile

Rukario-kun I like that you used an image, I actually considered doing that for all but thought it may have been overkill, but considering that some of these have tricky locations maybe it's worth doing for specific TMs..

Karxrida

Nexus whoops! Thanks for the heads up. That's what happens when you write this stuff up at 3am and you think Mauville is like Mawile

Rukario-kun I like that you used an image, I actually considered doing that for all but thought it may have been overkill, but considering that some of these have tricky locations maybe it's worth doing for specific TMs..
Pictures are probably best for the TMs on the routes after Pacifidlog due to the complicated nature of the water currents.

By the way, Earthquake's description doesn't need to be super specific because it's literally impossible to miss.

TM Number: 74
Move Name: Gyro Ball
General Location: Mirage Forest (Mirage Island off the coast north of Mt. Chimney)
Specific Location: This is the mirage island where you do the nugget guy mission in the demo. The TM's located in the southwest-most portion of the maze.

TM Number: 90
Move Name: Substitute
General Location: Mirage Island (South of Pacifidlog Town and Pathless Plain)
Specific Location: Walk through the grass and up to the volcanic crater. Smash the rock to the right to access the TM.

Karxrida

Confirming that the guy who gives you Return will also give you Frustration if you lead with a Pokemon that doesn't like you (traded a Buneary over from X that Stellar gave me a while back :>).

This is my first time contributing, let me know if I did this wrong.

TM Number: 02
Move Name: Dragon Claw
General Location: Meteor Falls
Specific Location: At the end of the room filled with water (B1F 2R), requires surf and waterfall.

TM Number: 03
Move Name: Psyshock
General Location: Pacifidlog Town
Specific Location: Most south-eastern house in town, the man facing the doorway.

TM Number: 06
Move Name: Toxic
General Location: Fiery Path
Specific Location: Complete the Strength puzzle, push the first boulder straight into the hole, push the second one down the hallway until you are able to get on the other side and push it back down the hallway, walk to the north and the TM is to the right of the secret base.

TM Number: 07
Move Name: Hail
General Location: Shoal Cave
Specific Location: Bottom floor, after going around the ice puzzle, to get to the ice puzzle you follow along from the muddy ramps and go down the ladder.

TM Number: 10
Move Name: Hidden Power
General Location: Fortree City
Specific Location: The second house to the right of the pokecenter, the person on the left, the answer to the quiz is "Right Hand", "Right Hand", "Left Hand"

TM Number: 11
Move Name: Sunny Day
General Location: Scorched Slab
Specific Location: Surf Upwards, you won't miss it.

TM Number: 14
Move Name: Blizzard
General Location: Lilycove City
Specific Location: Lilycove City Department Store ($30,000)

TM Number: 15
Move Name: Hyper Beam
Specific Location: Lilycove City Department Store ($50,000)

TM Number: 16
Move Name: Light Screen
Specific Location: Lilycove City Department Store ($10,000)

TM Number: 17
Move Name: Protect

TM Number: 20
Move Name: Safeguard

TM Number: 25
Move Name: Thunder

TM Number: 33
Move Name: Reflect

TM Number: 38
Move Name: Fire Blast

TM Number: 52
Move Name: Focus Blast

TM Number: 68
Move Name: Giga Impact

TM Number: 71
Move Name: Stone Edge

TM Number: 79
Move Name: Frost Breath
Specific Location: Requires it to be low tide, go to the northern room and up the muddy ramps on your Mach Bike.

TM Number: 96
Move Name: Nature Power
Specific Location: Gift from Aarune, I got this after completing delta episode, I do not know if it is available before this, however from his message it seems you can get it before you visit his secret base club.

I will be doing more later.

Karxrida

This is my first time contributing, let me know if I did this wrong.

TM Number: 02
Move Name: Dragon Claw
General Location: Meteor Falls
Specific Location: At the end of the room filled with water (B1F 2R), requires surf and waterfall.

TM Number: 03
Move Name: Psyshock
General Location: Pacifidlog Town
Specific Location: Most south-eastern house in town, the man facing the doorway.

TM Number: 06
Move Name: Toxic
Specific Location: Complete the Strength puzzle, push the first boulder straight into the hole, push the second one down the hallway until you are able to get on the other side and push it back down the hallway, walk to the north and the TM is to the right of the secret base.

TM Number: 07
Move Name: Hail
Specific Location: Bottom floor, after going around the ice puzzle, to get to the ice puzzle you follow along from the muddy ramps and go down the ladder.

TM Number: 10
Move Name: Hidden Power
General Location: Fortree City
Specific Location: The second house to the right of the pokecenter, the person on the left, the answer to the quiz is "Right Hand", "Right Hand", "Left Hand"

TM Number: 11
Move Name: Sunny Day
General Location: Scorched Slab
Specific Location: Surf Upwards, you won't miss it.

TM Number: 14
Move Name: Blizzard

TM Number: 15
Move Name: Hyper Beam

TM Number: 16
Move Name: Light Screen

TM Number: 17
Move Name: Protect

TM Number: 20
Move Name: Safeguard

TM Number: 25
Move Name: Thunder

TM Number: 33
Move Name: Reflect

TM Number: 38
Move Name: Fire Blast

TM Number: 52
Move Name: Focus Blast

TM Number: 68
Move Name: Giga Impact

TM Number: 71
Move Name: Stone Edge

TM Number: 79
Move Name: Frost Breath
Specific Location: Requires it to be low tide, go to the northern room and up the muddy ramps on your Mach Bike.

TM Number: 96
Move Name: Nature Power
Specific Location: Gift from Aarune, I got this after completing delta episode, I do not know if it is available before this, however from his message it seems you can get it before you visit his secret base club.

I will be doing more later.
I'm sorry to say that we already have all of those, but the specific location for Frost Breath and the prices for Focus Blast/Stone Edge are very much appreciated.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
KnightHawk3 echoing what Karxrida said, I appreciate the prices and the answers for Hidden Power, but the rest were things we already had. Nature Power is definitely not post-game only, I got it after beating Flannery when I went back to catch a Numel. Not sure if it's available before that, Aarune may be there straight after you meet him on Route 111

For Dark Pulse's location, you need to take the top right telepad in the room where the scientist was experimenting in the meteor.
To add to this, the puzzle is mirrored in opposite verisons of the game. In one verison it's the top right, and the other the top left.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
To add to this, the puzzle is mirrored in opposite verisons of the game. In one verison it's the top right, and the other the top left.
Hmmm this is annoying. Just means that the description might get a bit wordy.. I can come up with a description for Sapphire when I get to it (still SRing for a damn Latias), Karxrida, which version are you playing / played when you found it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)