Research ORAS TM Location Guide [COMPLETE except for Mirage Spot TMs]

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hmmm this is annoying. Just means that the description might get a bit wordy.. I can come up with a description for Sapphire when I get to it (still SRing for a damn Latias), Karxrida, which version are you playing / played when you found it?
Omega Ruby. I also bought AS and am doing a playthrough right now, so I can give a better description for it once I reach Aqua's base.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Omega Ruby. I also bought AS and am doing a playthrough right now, so I can give a better description for it once I reach Aqua's base.
All good, hopefully I can please the RNG gods soon so I can smash out the rest of the game and actually contribute some more

To get TM53 and TM93 in the safari zone, both the Acro and the Mach bike must be acquired.

1. Talk to Bird Keeper Trainer on 119 (requires waterfall and Acro Bike)

2. Talk to Hex Maniac/Girl on 111 (Requires go goggles and Mach Bike)

3. Go to the Triathlete at the battle resort. Talk to him.

4. Talk to Rydel

*please note that the people disappear after you talk to them

Source: ORAS reddit

Karxrida

Payback requires Rock Smash to get to, is in the southeastern part of the island, and said island is a randomly spawning Mirage Spot that spawns southeast of Slateport.

Payback requires Rock Smash to get to, is in the southeastern part of the island, and said island is a randomly spawning Mirage Spot that spawns southeast of Slateport.
Hah, I was just coming here to post about this. I guess I can confirm that it's true :P

Does anyone know how to get to the TM that is on a mirage island. Specifically up from Mt. Chimney in Alpha Sapphire.

It is behind rocks on the left side. The right side appears as though you use a Mach bike to get to it. Although you can not get it via the Mach Bike. I'm currently playing at 10:01am.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've just added the description for Dark Pulse as I'm just going through Aqua's hideout now (yeah I'm that far behind), I read that the bases are mirrored between versions, in AS you take the teleport pad on the right in the room where the Aqua Suit is, does this mean it's the teleport pad on the left in OR? That's what I have in the OP for now anyway, could someone confirm this?

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The mirage spot TMs are so damn annoying to get. I have 99/100 now and still waiting for that substitute one to spawn...

Karxrida

I've just added the description for Dark Pulse as I'm just going through Aqua's hideout now (yeah I'm that far behind), I read that the bases are mirrored between versions, in AS you take the teleport pad on the right in the room where the Aqua Suit is, does this mean it's the teleport pad on the left in OR? That's what I have in the OP for now anyway, could someone confirm this?
It was on the right in OR when I posted it.

TM Number: 21
Move Name: Frustration
General Location: Pacifidlog Town
Specific Location: In the western-most house there is a man with two Marills, he will give you the TM if your lead Pokemon hate you.

i did it fainting pokemon a lot of times and using a lot Revival Herbs on it and for Return you have to show a pokemon with max happiness, and the price in Lilycove City for the TMs are $30,000 all except Giga Impact and Hyper Beam which is $50,000 each iirc

Karxrida

TM Number: 21
Move Name: Frustration
General Location: Pacifidlog Town
Specific Location: In the western-most house there is a man with two Marills, he will give you the TM if your lead Pokemon hate you.

i did it fainting pokemon a lot of times and using a lot Revival Herbs on it and for Return you have to show a pokemon with max happiness
I already got that one lol. Just grab a Buneary from somewhere since they start off with like 0 happiness.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
This list is basically finished apart from the Mirage Spot TMs and a couple post-game / late game TMs that I haven't found yet. Check the OP to see if there are any that you can contribute to / improve on

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Here's a youtube video showing the locations of every TM/HM with timestamps for each, hope this helps
The video is good, except he's edited it so that he's already near most of the TMs anyway, so it still doesn't really shed too much light on their location. For example (of the ones we still need in the OP), he starts right outside the cave that Dragon Claw is in, but how do you get to that part of Meteor Falls in the first place? When he gets Psychic he is basically already outside where it is, how do you get to that area? (That could just be my naivety as I'm not up to those areas yet lol). He's also not even using Flash when he gets Flamethrower in Victory Road so it's just black... He's already at Energy Ball and just says 'check out my video to see how to get both bikes'. He's already chilling at Acrobatics... Also Explosion...

It did help me with one or two so that's good though (also the mirage island / cave numbers). I won't be linking to the video in the OP though

Karxrida

God I really wish I had written this down.

Gyro Ball and/or Substitute require Rock Smash to obtain, and one of them definitely needs the Mach Bike because it's behind a slope.

Also where did the Mirage numbers come from, and are they actually useful for reference? The general location is more important than the number, imo.

EDIT: Gyro Ball doesn't need Rock Smash, Substitute does, and neither need the Mach Bike (though something does).

EDIT 2: Snarl requires both bikes to get.

EDIT 3: Poison Jab requires the Acro Bike.

EDIT 4: Payback requires the Mach Bike and Rock Smash.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Also where did the Mirage numbers come from, and are they actually useful for reference? The general location is more important than the number, imo.
In the YouTube video above the guy only stated which Island / Forest etc. the TM was on but didn't actually visit them to show where they are

Karxrida

Sky Drop requires answering "yes" to the delinquent's question.

Payback does not require the Mach Bike; I misremembered.

Note that the girl who gives Dazzling Gleam is a Fairy-Tale Girl.

Flash Cannon is found at the top of a ladder, I believe, and doesn't require anything to obtain.

X-Scissor is still in Victory Road, it's just in the second to last room (the one with all the bridges, plants, and waterfalls).

Acrobatics is found at the northernmost part of Route 119, above the waterfall near the Weather Institute.

Embargo's exact location is the southern room furthest to the right, next to the stairs leading into the cargo hold.

The stairs to Incinerate are actually west of the bridge thingy, not east.

There are 2 water current puzzles in the cavern, Scald is just in the eastern one. The entrance to the room is directly above the Strength Rock trapped between 2 holes on the east side of the room.

The Grunt that gives Thief is the one closest to the south eastern corner of the museum, looking to the right at a display.

The girl who gives Attract is a Lass, and is in front of the reception desk.

Psychic requires Surfing south from the two Ace Trainers that challenge you to a Double Battle with Cradily and Armaldo on the lowest floor (the one that "needs" Flash). You'll end up outside and Psychic is to the right on a little bit of land.

Energy Ball
  1. From the entrance, go directly north until you reach an Acro Jump next to a Warden. Go up it.
  2. Follow the path. When you reach a fork in the Acro Platforms, take the one that goes south then west.
  3. Go south down the Acro Jumps, then east to a pound. Surf across it and claim your TM on top of a Mach Bike slope.

Wild Charge
  1. Go west from the entrance until you see a Mach Bike Slope.
  2. Go up the Mach Bike Slope, down the other one to the right of the Acro Platforms, and go north.
  3. When you reach the next Mach Bike Slope that has a Safari Warden to the west by northwest, do not go up it and go to the pound behind it.
  4. Surf to the northeast side of the pound, then go east.
  5. You'll find another Mach Bike Slope and a pound. Go up the slope.
  6. Go south until you find another Warden, and the TM will be to the east behind an Acro jump.

Dragon Claw
  1. Go up the waterfall in the main cavern, then go into the door to the left of the non-interactive waterfall.
  2. Surf to the ladder that's directly northwest of the entrance of this new room. Go down the ladder.
  3. You'll find yourself with a Dragon Tamer to your southwest and a pound to your east that requires you to go down a slope to access. Surf again on the pond and go north until you hit land and you see another door. Enter the door.
  4. Surf to the other side of the pound in this room to find the TM. Also Bagons.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Double post for notification reasons

Energy Ball said:
  1. From the entrance, go directly north until you reach an Acro Jump next to a Warden. Go up it.
  2. Follow the path. When you reach a fork in the Acro Platforms, take the one that goes south then west.
  3. Go south down the Acro Jumps, then east to a pound. Surf across it and claim your TM on top of a Mach Bike slope.
Wild Charge said:
  1. Go west from the entrance until you see a Mach Bike Slope.
  2. Go up the Mach Bike Slope, down the other one to the right of the Acro Platforms, and go north.
  3. When you reach the next Mach Bike Slope that has a Safari Warden to the west by northwest, do not go up it and go to the pound behind it.
  4. Surf to the northeast side of the pound, then go east.
  5. You'll find another Mach Bike Slope and a pound. Go up the slope.
  6. Go south until you find another Warden, and the TM will be to the east behind an Acro jump.
Dragon Claw said:
  1. Go up the waterfall in the main cavern, then go into the door to the left of the non-interactive waterfall.
  2. Surf to the ladder that's directly northwest of the entrance of this new room. Go down the ladder.
  3. You'll find yourself with a Dragon Tamer to your southwest and a pound to your east that requires you to go down a slope to access. Surf again on the pond and go north until you hit land and you see another door. Enter the door.
  4. Surf to the other side of the pound in this room to find the TM. Also Bagons.
Karxrida, by 'pound' do you mean pond? I'm assuming so but you said it so many times that it I almost think it's not a typo lol. Am I missing something?

I noticed that there's no description for Psychic, and since it took me a while to find it, I thought it'd be good to add.

TM Number: 29
Move Name: Psychic
General Location: Ever Grande City
Specific Location: In the Victory Road, Surf down from where the Ace Duo is (in the dark floor). As you exit the cave, Surf East (the only possible path).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)