ORAS UU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drain Punch on Chesnaught and Synthesis on Florges are just 2 minor changes but both are gonna help both pokemon really much. Obvious Mega Altaria and Mega Metagross won't be long in UU but we can still play with Mega-Sableye, Mega-Gallade and Mega-Lopunny and more new mega's. Mega Swampert will probably get more usage in OU because of the Drizzle there, but I still think it's too good even without the rain support.
Drain punch chesnaught hello? thats so much power how he has decent recovery outside of synthesis

not possible, since in order to use the mega, the base form is required: you're bringing Mawile, Alakazam, Swampert etc into battle, not Mega Mawile, Mega Alakazam or Mega Swampert.
I still think Smogon should use complex bans in this scenario. So many 'mons that are fun to use in their respective tiers are taken away because of their megas. Charizard is no where near OP in NU, but it would certainly be a cool 'mon to use down there, unfortunately it can't b/c changes into a different pokemon using an item. I believe the usage stats should be split up into usage w/ Mega Stone, and usage with other items. I mean it's an entirely different form and pokemon, and most people view them as two separate pokemon, so again I believe a complex ban should be considered.

On a side note, Pangoro because a real threat in TR with the addition of Knock Off, Drain Punch, Gunk Shot, and elemental punches

Last edited:
I still think Smogon should use complex bans in this scenario. So many 'mons that are fun to use in their respective tiers are taken away because of their megas. Charizard is no where near OP in NU, but it would certainly be a cool 'mon to use down there, unfortunately it can't b/c changes into a different pokemon using an item. I believe the usage stats should be split up into usage w/ Mega Stone, and usage with other items. I mean it's an entirely different form and pokemon, and most people view them as two separate pokemon, so again I believe a complex ban should be considered.
I talked about this after Heracross and Slowbro went OU while seeing all of the ORAS megas coming out, and it was rightfully deleted as batty and off topic. I think if anything will be done (I doubt anything will be done just for the record), usage for megas should be taken from the parameters mega stone + appropriate base form, and if the base form is used more than the mega, the stone is meaninglessly dropped without any use because the base form is necessary to activate it or the mega stone's floor is the lowest tier the base form is available in. I don't know exactly how the usage drops are parsed for tier shifts, but if it's done manually it's no big deal, if it's automatic a few lines of code pointing to the mega stone's usage will be perfectly fine. However, this isn't necessary right now and goes against the idea of usage tiers in general.

Is it possible? Yes.
Would it be nice? Kind of depending on your opinions.
Is it necessary? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)