ORAS UU Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
+
+

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

This core is very good at facilitating a Gyarados sweep, but it can do a lot more than that. Thanks to UU being "Bulky Water: The Tier: The Movie: The Trilogy" this core is able to do what it does and it does it well. Heliolisk is a fast hard hitting attacker that can use its amazing coverage to hit most of the bulky Water types that plague Gyarados in setting up and sweeping thanks to its Electric STAB combined with its ability Dry Skin. Heliolisk also has really nice synergy with Gyarados as most (physical) attacks aimed at Heliolisk, Gyarados can pivot in and threaten to setup. While Heliolisk takes on a good portion of the Water-types in UU, most offensive ones such as Feraligatr can threaten it once they have a +1 under their belt. Thanks to Mega Sceptile's blistering Speed stat of 145, it can outspeed any variant of Feraligatr, and OHKO with STAB Giga Drain. Its Dragon STAB also takes care of slower Dragon-types such as non-Scarf Mence and Hydrei that can take Gyarados' hits with ease. I like running Substitute to avoid being revenge killed as easily and ease prediction, as Heliolisk can hit the Water-types hard leaving Mega Sceptile to clean up; however, Leaf Storm is a really powerful nuke that can come in handy should Liks go down early.

Last edited:

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor

Abomasnow-Mega, Rotom-Heat, and Gyarados
Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 8 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

So when playing around with Gyarados I found that it really didn't need much support to sweep some teams. It does however, appreciate things like Zapdos and bulky waters being gone, as well as safe opportunities to set up a sub. What I've done with this core is try to maximize the offensive pressure put on both Gyarados' offensive and defensive checks with a fast Volt Switch and a potent wallbreaker in the current metagame. Abomasnow is there to wear down things like Suicune, Mence, Zapdos, Empoleon and the like. It has performed so well in the current meta due to both it's offensive capabilities and its decent bulk. Sub Gyara is fairly standard, and it has proven to be the most effective set on most of my teams during testing, due to having the opportunity to set up on Paralyzed offensive threats and a majority of UU's walls. Rotom is here for a more reliable Fire check [You don't want to switch Gyarados in on much], speed control, and offensive momentum. I hope you like it. :]

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hello Everyone! LittleRunnerXC here bringing you my type core for this week. Now, I did not want to be like everyone else and do a Gyarados core, (Because the thing is broken) lol. So this week, I decided to bring one of my all time favorite cores in Mega-Ampharaos+Whimsicott, and added on a flying type that pairs well with the core, which is Crobat

This core is so freakin good. With Gyarados being an absolutely huge threat in this meta, a sure fire counter to it is almost necessary. My favorite counter, is a core which I actually used in my RMT Adaptability, and that is Mega-Ampharos+Whimsicott. Mega-Ampharos is a great check to Gyarados, because of its resist to both stabs, and its ability to take it out with supper effective stab. It also is much better in this meta because of its 4x resistence to the recently more popular electric type. Whimsicott is a great partner for Mega-Ampharos as they have AMAZING defensive type synergy, and can provide stun-spore support to let Mega-Ampharos outspeed threats. Whimsicott can also effectively counter Gyarados because of its water resist, as well as ability to encore Gyarados into set up or waterfall, and stun spore before it can set up a sub. This also makes a very good voltturn core. Lastly, I added Crobat because of its poison resist(which my core needed) and it adds more speed and power to the core as well. Crobat, specifically Bandbat also adds to this core as another u-turner, but also as a very hard hitter, and one that can pivot into many attacks as well with its great defensive typing. Also aided in taking out special walls such as Florges and Blissey. Crobat also has a cool ability in Infiltrator, which can allow me to pass through peoples substitutes, especially Gyarados's ;). Bandbat also gives the core some secondary hazard control.

Anyway, here are the sets below and I hope you enjoyed reading my submission! This is an AMAZING core(especially Amph+Whimsi) so I hope you try it out yourself!

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

Defensive Ampharos is also a set that could work well with this core, if you so choose.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast
- U-turn

128+ is to outspeed fully invested base 100's

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Defog or Tailwind which is a cool option

FatCorgi

Banned deucer.
Alright guys, voting is over for the
cores! had to wait for the tie to break. NV wins with 5 votes while BIAF comes in 2nd with a close 4 votes. This week's Type Core will be

BIAF 4
malinowski 2
NV 5
Do A Bibarel 2
I'd love to Participate this week! Good luck, have fun everyone. D/F/G is an interesting core typing, I'm hoping it plays as the D/F/S of UU.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
+
+

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

This core is a simple offensive core that also has suprisingly good defensive synergy. Hydreigon starts off the core as a really amazing cleaner when equipped with a Choice Scarf. Faster mons such as Mega Beedrill and Mega Aerodactyl that tend to force out Hydreigon now get bopped by a powerful Draco Meteor. Modest is really cool as it guarantees the OHKO on Mega Aerodactyl after Stealth Rock as well as guaranteeing the OHKO on Mega Beedrill without any prior damage, making it a powerful revenge killer. SubCM Chandelure appreciates Hydreigon's cleaning power and can demolish stall which can usually tank Hydreigon's hits. Next up, Whimsicott completes the core as it can Encore mons into their setup moves, allowing Chandelure ample opportunities to set up and "sweep". Whimsicott also forms a "TurnTurn" core with Hydreigon, giving this core amazing momentum. It also gives this core a much needed Dragon immunity and Krookodile check.

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Reserving Noivern + Infernape + Whimsicott

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo / U-Turn

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake / Stone Edge

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore / Stun Spore
- U-turn

This is a pretty effective offensive core featuring a very underrated mon in Noivern. While Noivern does have a lot of problems, like it's frailty, it's amazing 123 Speed lets it crush unprepared teams with a Choice Specs set. Noivern has a lot of trouble breaking through Steel-types and special walls, so Infernape is a great partner for it, as it can break through walls and Steel-types with it's STABs and coverage. Whimsicott rounds out the core, adding a neat Dragon check while also adding U-Turn to bring in the other members of the core in safely, while also checking Water-types. Good partners for this core are partners that can deal with Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Beedrill, who destroy this core very easily, and a good Mamoswine check is also nice. Overall, this is a very cool core featuring an underrated mon in Noivern, and I hope you all try it out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)