ORAS UU Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
Just to be sure, Sceptile doesn't count as both the Dragon and Grass slot does it? I may edit this post with a core later but I'm getting hung up on the fire type.

King UU edit: Nah, the core has to be made up of three mons. On a secondary note, relying on Sceptile along with a second dragon or grass type heavily leans the core towards particular weakness' (Mamoswine). do whatever you want, but be aware that the quality of the core might suffer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rs
Roserade
+
Entei
+
Hydreigon

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spikes

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

This Offensive Core is rather strong with its offensive pressure and power, with each of the being able to switch into most weaknesses of the others, only thing that is really needed to be on the look out for is Mamo as it can dent this team something stupid. In saying that, there is enough offensive power and speed to out do it, But it is something to just always keep in mind.

Now for the sets there isn't much to explain as they are all pretty standard nothing really new on it. They offer strong power and relative high speed for the tier and Espeed on Entei for some Priority, Spikes on Roserade to add some hazard pressure, and the Scarf Hydrei to add speed pressure on anything that get switched in.

Reactions: rs

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hey Everyone! LittleRunnerXC here bringing you my core for this week! I am presenting a core that is like amazing, and 2 of the mons are in a team that me and Threw built, and all 3 in a prototype I am working on. The synergy between these mons is insane, especially Virizion+Rotom-Heat. Anyway, lets get started!

Virizion @ Lum Berry/Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Mmkay, so lets get down to it, these guys are an insane core. Virizion is a really cool mon rn, because of the rise of grass type viability. Virizion is one of the few strong physical attackers, with a great special defense stat. Virizion also can take care of many of the threats in UU right now, and has amazing synergy with Gyarados. It does have some notable flaws though, and Rotom-Heat patches those up. The type synergy between these 2 is insane. Virizion is weak to fire, flying, fairy, ice, bug, and Rotom heat resists all of those. Rotom Heat is weak to water and rock, and Virizon patches that weakness up. There Offensive synergy is also very good, as Virizion can help deal with the ground, rock, and some water types that give Rotom-Heat trouble, while Rotom Heat can take out those Steel, flying, and bug types that give Virizon trouble. These 2 also compliment eachother with attacking from both sides of the sprectrum, and can still provide support for the team. Tyrantrum is here as a cool mon that synergizes very well with these 2, while also applying needed offensive pressure. Tyrantrum patches up a poison weakness, and can help take care of Mega-Aerodactyl which is an issue for this core. Tyrantrum also adds some good natural physical bulk, as well as another flying resist, and person that can act as a wallbreaker effectively, allowing Virizion to clean up. Overall these mons work very well with eachother, and can be a great start for a team to build around.

This core does need some support, so a hazard setter would work very well, particularly spikes, and a hazard remover as well. This core could also use some form of speed control in thunder wave or stun spore, as this allows for Virizion to outspeed some faster mons, and allows for Tyrantrum to wallbreak more effectively

Thank you very much! This sets are also SD Virizion, Scarf Rotom-Mow, and Banded Tyrantrum, just so you know. =)

FatCorgi

Banned deucer.
So, this is my first week in the core project and I'd like to think I picked a good one. The pokemon I went with for my Dragon / Fire / Grass core were pretty simple, however behind the scenes they work in great unison and have a strong balanced flow to them.

Chesnaught Hydreigon, And Moltres.

To start, there is an incredibly strong Defense behind this core. They play strong into each others Weaknesses and Resistances. I'll post some sets and metionable details further below, but for now I Think it's best to get into the idea of things. When I first built the core I considered it's typings overall weakness to common threats like Gyarados, which is why I considered Chestnaught. Chestnaught not only blocks Gyarados and other physical threats with Spiky Shield, it also sets hazards such as spikes and Leech seed, and with access to strong STAB movies like Seed bomb, Wood Hammer, and Drain Punch, it has enough coverage to sustain itself. Hydreigon plays the role of a strong, aggressive pivot. Allowing those who use the core to move between Chesnaught and Moltres. Moltres becomes a strong and quick Defogger. With access to two different dependable sets, it has the ability to deal great damage while controlling hazards. There's a lot more I can say on the core, but I'm going to bed for now. I'll edit some more into this later, For now, here's the sets and spreads.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Moltres @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Last edited:
Haxorus Rotom Mow And Mega Houndoom

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt

This Wallbreaking core puts a lot of pressure into teams. Mega houndoom works well with rotom mow due fire blast koing rotom mow's common answers. Rotom mow destroys a lot of dooms checks while providing momentum and a ground immunity. Since Houndoom and rotom mow break some common defensive cores DD haxorus more often than not is able to pull of a late game clean. Since this core struggles with fast offensive treats like mega aerodactyl and mega beedril pairing them with a scarfer is a good idea. dd Haxorus could be change to cb for more firepower. Thats it for the core hope you guys enjoyed it.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323910017
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323916307
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323925953
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-323935061

Last edited:

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

Abomasnow-Mega (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

A pretty solid offensive core. Salamence is a great special attacker and can switch into fire attacks aimed at Mega Abomasnow and proceed to retaliate most of the time, while also being able to consistently keep hazards off the field. Entei is among the best fire types in the tier and is just a nuisance to many teams, being able to dish out powerful stabs and have a good chance at burning the target. Entei could also switch into fairy types that wall Mence rather easily and then force something to take a banded Sacred Fire. Mega Abomasnow is able to decently check water types that trouble both of the other two and also take down opposing dragon types with Ice Shard. With fantastic typing, bulk, power and priority, it is able to pressure a good portion of the meta and really overwhelm unprepared teams. Though, if Abomasnow ends up being your primary water check, it would be wise to pair this team up with a cleric such as Florges so that a single scald burn doesn't shut you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)