Resource Other Metagames Index - Ask Questions Here!

Where can you share an idea for an Other Metagame? The Workshop is closed, it seems. Myself, I was thinking of the following OM:

Neo GSC metagame
A strange blend between GSC and the current generation. It blends these generations as follows:

Current gen:
- The fairy type exists. The type chart is the same as today.
- All Pokemon from current gen can be used. Their attributes (base stats, movepool, typing) are completely based off the current generation.
- The Physical/special split has taken place. All physical and special moves behave like they do in current gen, and can be used.

GSC:
- There are no abilities. No compensation for Pokemon that relied on their ability to function.
- You can only use held items from gen2.
- All Status moves behave like in gen2. Status moves that didn't exist in gen2 cannot be used, even if they are copies.
- Status conditions like Badly Poison or mechanics like critical hits behave like in gen2.
- There are no Natures and all stats can be maxed out.

Does this sound like a cool idea or is this just horribly convoluted?

Last edited:

UT

The sand hurts my feelings
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
The Workshop is closed, it seems.
To clarify, the workshop is open to work on new ideas, but submissions are closed until gen9 opens. You’re still free to work on new ideas there to have them ready for next gen.
Does this sound like a cool idea or is this just horribly convoluted?
That being said, this idea has several non-objective changes and likely falls outside the scope of OMs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)