Tournament Other Metagames Livetour Circuit - Won by Jrdn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman

Stay kind, stay compassionate
OTHER METAGAMES LIVETOUR CIRCUIT

Week 5: STABmons
Metagame Thread

Welcome to Week 5 Tournament 2 of the Other Metagames Livetour Circuit! Signups for this tournament are now OPEN!
Signups will close in approximately 10 minutes.
Please congregate on Smogtours after signing up, and wait for the host to update this post with the Round 1 Pairings.

Please make sure you fully understand the rules and regulations of this tournament before signing up, including the following:
During the Tour
After the hosts open the signups for that day's livetour, competitors are required to post "in" (or an equivalent) to enter the tournament. Players will then congregate on Smogtours, where the host will post round updates and announce pairings. Players are required to be on a voiced Smogtours name or an otherwise well-known alt to compete. After the best of one match is played, the WINNER of the match PMs the host saying that they won, along with a link to the smogtours replay. The loser of the match should not PM the host to minimize confusion. Scouting and watching other players' matches is NOT banned, and players are allowed to change their team from round to round. If your opponent does not respond to your challenges or is otherwise not available to play your game, please contact the host for a substitution or a round decision.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN! :blobnom:

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hello everyone, and thank you for participating in the inaugural season of the Other Metas Livetour Circuit! I hope everyone had a good experience with the tournament: if anyone has any feedback, positive or negative, or any advice on how to run this tournament better in the future, please contact me on discord (rr#9863), I'm open to any and all suggestions! Thank you to my fellow livetour hosts (Gmansour20 Lasen Quantum Tesseract and OM), everyone did a superb job hosting, and I'm extremely lucky to have a team as reliable as you! Finally, a special thanks to Dragonillis for attending all of the tournaments. Thank you for being a reliable player and supporting my tournament!

Now, on to the final seeds that everyone has been waiting on, but also some unresolved issues.

1. Quantum Tesseract: 21 Points

2. Chazm: 20 Points

3. The Number Man: 10 Points

4. Jrdn: 9 Points

5. Alternatif: 8 Points

6. Andyboy: 6 Points*

7. xavgb: 6 Points*

8. Palapapop: 5 Points

*Because both of these users were already guaranteed to get into Playoffs, they will not tiebreak. Instead, the higher win% will get the higher seed.

The above seeds are set in stone. However, there are some issues when getting to our 8th seed because of two different factors.
First, Atha has been temporarily banned from smogon— he would have originally qualified to be in the top 8 of this tournament because he scored 8 points. However, his ban extends past the proposed start date for finals (Monday, December 7). Because of this, at this moment, he is not being considered as a finals contender. Second, there is a three-way finals tiebreak for 8th place. Euphonos, Palapapop, and Maxomega all scored 5 points over the course of the season, tying the points requirement for the 8th seed. I'm sure you can see my dilemma: if finals are postponed due to a three-way tiebreak, Atha becomes unbanned and the tiebreak is worthless, but we have our top 8 players. According to past Smogon Tour rulings, Tiebreaks happen at the same time as Round 1 (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-tour-season-29-playoffs-finals-won-by-abr.3664063/). However, if the three-way tiebreak happens at the same time as finals week 1, it could infinitely postpone the rest of the tournament.

I intend to have the three-way tiebreak starting right now: Because there is no lower seed to pick the first tournament, users are expected to come to an agreement on which tier to play first. If no agreement is reached between users, Almost Any Ability will be the first tier played, with the loser of each match picking successive tiers.

The deadline for this three-way tiebreak is Thursday, December 10th at 11:59PM GMT+0.
Run #1 (hopefully of 1)
(2) Maxomega vs Euphonos (3)
(1) Euphonos vs Palapapop (3)
(1) Palapapop vs Maxomega (3)
Best of 5 (First to 3) AAA / BH / CAMO / MNM / STAB
Please schedule with both opponents to avoid conflicts and further issues.

If the three-way tiebreak is not able to be resolved on this timescale, I will give 3-day extensions until it is completed, and potentially make other administrative decisions until a winner is found.​

Last edited:

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Here we go again.

Tiebreak: Attempt 2
Maxomega vs Euphonos
Euphonos vs Palapapop
Palapapop
vs Maxomega

This tiebreak will take a different approach to finding a winner than the previous tiebreak. If (and only if) this does not resolve in the traditional manner, a winner will be decided based on number of games won. If two users have the same amount of games won, then they will go on and play an additional BO5 to find the 8th seed in the tournament. If all users have the same score, then this same format will repeat in tiebreak attempt 3.

Because I did not specifically mention this for the previous round, I felt it was poor practice to reveal an arbitrary rule change once the games had finished, even though under this method we would have had a clear winner last round.

Example:
user a 3-1 user b
user b 3-2 user c
user c 3-0 user a
User C would be the winner because they won 5 games compared to user b's 4 and user a's 3.

Deadline for this round is Saturday, November 12 at 11:59PM GMT+0
:psycry:

Please contact me ASAP if you would not like to participate in this or future tiebreaks.

Last edited:

berry

what kind
Hi everyone. Due to poor planning on my part and conflicts with the OM Ribbon circuit (3/8 users in the top 8 here are in that, and that is infinitely more important) and World Cup, as well as the tiebreak that only gave Q.T. and pala a couple days to prepare, I will be granting a 1-week universal extension. I understand that this tour isn't the main priority for players competing in those other tournaments, and there is a large overlap between their playerbases. 7/8 of our top 8 are competing in one or more of these mentioned tournaments, and the 8th just got off a double 3-way tiebreak with 2 days to play their match.

I want to see high quality matches from all players, and many players have voiced their concerns that they will struggle to prepare 5 high quality teams under time crunch from these other tournaments happening at the same time.

The deadline for the following matches has been extended to Sunday, December 20 at 11:59PM GMT+0
1. Quantum Tesseract 3-2 Palapapop .8
2. Chazm 1-3 xavgb .7
3. The Number Man 2-3 Andyboy .6
4. Jrdn 3-1 Alternatif .5​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)