(OU) Ballin' and SandStallin'

YO WASSUP MAN!!! THIS IS MY SANDSTORM STALL TEAM. ENJOY PHOOLS!
(Originally posted in Serebii RMT by meh.)

THIS TEAM HAS BEEN EDITED QUITE A BIT. EVEN IF YOU RATED THIS B4, TAKE A MOMENT TO RE-RATE IT.
I HAVE EDITED MY TEAM TO ADD CELEBI. NOW ALL YOUR B*TCHING HAS BEEN RENDERED NULL AND VOID
XDD LOL JK

TEAM AT A GLANCE:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
TEAM BUILDING:
I Always loved SandStall, and I wanted to make an UBERS, OU, and UU version for each. I Decided I wanted to Start off with a Toxic Spiker that can Set up a ton of hazards and was immune to SS... SO I PICKED TEH FORRETRESS!

Forretress is cool and all, But I needed a good, sturdy, Phazer to spread all those hazards and toxics around the enemy team. I also wanted one that was immune to SS, and could set up SR if Forretress couldn't... SO I PICKED TEH SKARMORAY!!

I of course needed a Sand Starter (What kind of retarded OU sandstorm team would I be running if I wasn't running a sand starter!!)
I needed one with Great bulk, and would be able to hit quite a few pokes, especially Reuniclus, which can really hurt my team if it sets up... SO I PICKED TEH TYRANITARR!!!

I wanted to be able to trap steels, which resisted my T-Spikes, as well as Sandstorm, so I considered Magnezone, But I realized it was getting too common, and Probopass was apparently banned by smogon a couple months ago. I also needed one THAT COULD ACTUALLY TAKE HITS... SO I PICKED TEH PROBOPASS!!!!

I then wanted an AMAZING physical wall that got the SS SP.D boost, that could heal and set up, then Attack with some pretty good power... SO I PICKED REGIROCK!!!!!

I then realized I had a large Fighting and Water weakness. I needed a Special wall that could take hits from both, set up, then sweep away to finish off my team... SO I PICKED TEH LATIAS

SO NOW MY TEAM IS COMPLETE, AND READY TO KICK SOME ***!!! OR NOT!!! I FIGURED THAT STEEL TRAPPING WASENT THAT NESSISARY, AND JUST ADDED A WATER AND A FIGHTING WEAKNESS. THATS WHY I ADDED... TEH CELEBI!!!!!!!

SO NOW THAT I HAVE A WELL-BALANCED TEAM, I AM READY TO KICK MAJOR ***!!!

Forretress-Sturdy(LANDWALL)
Careful-Occa Berry
252 HP, 56 DEF, 200 S.DEF
-T-spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Gyro Ball
Sets up TSPIKES, then continues To set up hazards (preferrably Spikes, as SR is covered by Skarmory, who usually comes in right after Forretress dies). Gyro Ball for STAB, in case I get taunted, or just need to use an Attack. SP.D investment so I can take a variety of hits to set up the most hazards possible.

Skarmory-Sturdy (AEROWALL)
Impish-Leftovers
252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 S.DEF
-Stealth Rock
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind
-Roost
Max Defense. Attempts to set up the hazards forretress couldn't, then phaze/rooststall enemys (but mostly phazing to spread toxic/other hazards.)
Brave Bird instead of Spikes in order to kill Fightings that this will inevitably switch into, and To avoid being easy taunt bait.

Tyranitar-Sand Stream(T-T-TTAR)
Sassy-Leftovers
100 ATK, 252 HP, 156 SP.D
-Dragon Tail
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Fire Fang
Comes In after Skarmory+Forretress set up Hazards, then starts to phaze/Stall/sorta sweep (unfortunately it dosent have a reliable recovery method but...) Stone Edge and Crunch for STAB, taking advantage of that massive 134 Base Attack (the fact that ppl would use it's 95 Sp.Atk stat over that amazes me). Fire Fang To hit Steels for SE damage.

Celebi-Natural Cure (ONIONROOM)
Bold-Leftovers
252 HP, 100 DEF, 100 S.DEF, 56 SP.A
-Heal Bell
-Psychic
-Giga Drain
-HP Fire
It Clerics The entire team of status which can cripple stall teams like mine., and can Kinda wall in it's own right. It can Steels with HP FIRE, and Has Psychic to kill the fighting pokes it switches into. Giga drain to kill annoying stallers like CroCune

Regirock-Clear Body (MEGAGOLEM)(shiny)
Careful-Leftovers
252 HP, 4 ATK, 252 SP.D
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Curse
-Rock Slide
This thing takes hits like a mother****er, and can rock slide pretty well to do a good amount of damage. It dosent phaze, but it can heal well and do decently good damage, After a Few Curses, It can stay in and even sweep (to a certain extent)

Latias -Levitate(AKEBONO)(shiny)
Timid-Leftovers
180 HP, 76 DEF, 252 SPEED
-Dragon Pulse
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-HP Ground
This thing is an amazing set-up sweeper! It out-stalls Reuniclus and other set up sweepers between it's amazing bulk and Speed.
It also shrugs off Water and Fighting attacks that Otherwise hurts my team. The combo of Dragon and Ground hits pretty well so that it cam stay it with it's calm mind boosts and continue Sweeping/Stalling. Recover allows it good, reliable healing, and the ability to kinda stall.
EDIT LOG: PUT SHUCA BERRY ON PROBOPASS INSTEAD OF CHOICE SPECS TO SURVIVE GROUND ATTACKS. PROBOPASS REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH CELEBI. REPLACED RECOVER ON CELEBI WITH GIGA DRAIN. PUT 100 DEF EVs ON TTAR ON SP.D.
REJECTED SETS:

Probopass-magnet pull (NOSEINATOR)
Modest-SHUCA BERRY
252 HP, 252 SP.A, 6 SP.D
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Earth Power
-HP Fire
The Ultimate Steel Trapper/Killer. Steels pose a threat as they resist my (mostly) Physical team, as well as Toxic. THIS THING CAN KILL THOSE. AND MOAR!!! (Smogon didnt realize how amazing this thing was, and they temporarily banned it. HAHAHAHAHA TROLLS WIN AGAIN!). This thing has good anti-steel coverage With T-Bolt, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, and HP Fire. It resists the ever-so common earthquakes and earth powers (mostly from Heatran, who counters most of my team pretty well)

pretty good team, but you have 2 4x fighting weaknesses and one 4x fire weakness. if i used mix infernape, its game over. ape cant ohko regirock with close combat, but it can 2hko. it can ohko t-tar and probopass with close combat and foretress with fire blast. try swaping t-tar with hippowdon to help those weaknesses to fighting. or probopass with something, like gliscor

Your team is able to be taken down by rain teams and standard Fire- and Fighting-types. Just like what Erectivier had said, an Infernape can take out this team pretty easily. Although that the SB Blaziken is banned, it can also take out your team. Maybe replace one of your pokemon with a standard Will-o-wisp + Taunt Jellicent?

Edit: Even with the recoil damage from Flare Blitz, I predict that around half of your team can get wiped out before the recoil damage kills off the Infernape. What would happen if it's not Flare Blitz at all, but is a Fire Blast from a Hydreigon w/ Choice Specs? Sure, you can switch in Latias, but if the opponent switches out, and switches in Hydreigon for a DPulse, derp. You're definitely screwed there. As for Close Combat; as long as the opponent outspeeds you, defences doesn't really matter. Virizion w/ Life Orb + Maxed IVs and EVs in Atk & Spd take it down regardless.

pretty good team, but you have 2 4x fighting weaknesses and one 4x fire weakness. if i used mix infernape, its game over. ape cant ohko regirock with close combat, but it can 2hko. it can ohko t-tar and probopass with close combat and foretress with fire blast. try swaping t-tar with hippowdon to help those weaknesses to fighting. or probopass with something, like gliscor
Hehehehhe... I have gotten "MY INFERNAPE CAN SWEEP YOU!" and "MY ARCANINE CAN SWEEP YA!!" on my RMT on Serebii. Between inevitable SS damage, probrable LO damage, some Toxic damage... Skarmory (At max Defense) CAN TAKE ANY OF YOUR ATTACKS. If you go for flare blitz on it, even if you crit and kill it, YOU WILL KILL YOURSELF EASILY. Close Combat? you'll lower your already abyssmal defenses, and be open to a SE Brave Bird. Arcanine? essentially the same thing. IF YOU RUN FIRE BLAST (as a mixed set) I will use Latias to wall All of your attacks easily, DPulse you, and you get kiled by residual damage. I could even revenge kill you with Regirock!!
BUT YES. IF HALF OF MY TEAM IS DEAD AND YOUR INFERNAPE/ARCANINE IS
SOMEHOW UNTOUCHED, THEN YEAH. YOU CAN SWEEP ME.

That came off as angry, but there are holes in my team. thats a given. I understand. thanks for the feedback, it's very appreciated.

Very big weakness to Rotom-W :[ as Erectivier said above, very big weakness to MixApe, and your EV spread on Ttar are a bit weird, the 100 Evs in defense aren't gonna let it live much, especially Close Combat from ANYTHING and Earthquake from the likes of Landorus or Excadrill.

Very big weakness to Rotom-W :[ as Erectivier said above, very big weakness to MixApe, and your EV spread on Ttar are a bit weird, the 100 Evs in defense aren't gonna let it live much, especially Close Combat from ANYTHING and Earthquake from the likes of Landorus or Excadrill.
Like I said. Mixape dosen't phaze me at all.
BUT YOU MAKE A GOOD POINT. Rotom-W does Hurt a lot...
ALRIGHT IT'S DECIDED. PROBOPASS SHALT BE REMOVED.
FOR CELEBI.

You have Stealth Rock on both Forretress and Skarmory. I suggest you have Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock on Forre (add Rapid Spin too), and Spikes on Skarm. And every stall team should have a spinblocker. I suggest Jellicent with a set like this:

- Scald / Surf
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe

Also, if you're not gonna run rapid spin on Forre, I think you should replace him with a Ferrothorn. A set like this would work:

- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball / Protect / Thunder Wave
- Power Whip / Protect
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Leftovers / Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
0 Spe IVs

However, that means you lost Toxic Spikes, so maybe you can add Tentacruel in.

- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Hex / Ice Beam / HP Fire

You have Stealth Rock on both Forretress and Skarmory. I suggest you have Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock on Forre (add Rapid Spin too), and Spikes on Skarm. And every stall team should have a spinblocker. I suggest Jellicent with a set like this:

- Scald / Surf
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe

Also, if you're not gonna run rapid spin on Forre, I think you should replace him with a Ferrothorn. A set like this would work:

- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball / Protect / Thunder Wave
- Power Whip / Protect
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Leftovers / Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
0 Spe IVs

However, that means you lost Toxic Spikes, so maybe you can add Tentacruel in.

- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Hex / Ice Beam / HP Fire

EHHH... THAT'LL COMPLETELY CHANGE MY TEAM... SPINNERS REALLY AREN'T TOO COMMON THIS GEN FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN... FORRY DOSEN'T SURVIVE TOO MAY ATTACKS, AND I NEED T-SPIKES AND SR UP. I'LL PUT ON RAPID SPIN INSTEAD OF SR.
THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Given that you c/ped this from Serebii I'll c/p my response from Serebii.
Desert Sun (my Serebii alt) said:
Nasty Plot Thunderus rofl's all over your team with TBolt, HP Ice and Focus Blast killing everyone. CM Reuniclus still beats your team once Tyranitar goes down as Latias can't do a whole lot with just Dragon Pulse. Not to mention any Reuniclus with Psychock instwins against him.

To rectify your Thunderus weakness replace Probopass with Gastrodon.
Gastrodon @Leftovers
252 HP, 252 SpD Calm, Storm Drain
Scald, Earth Power/Stockpile, Toxic, Recover

Not only does he remove your Thunderus weakness he gives you a crucial Water immunity, this being significant when Latias is your only resist. Storm Drain grants him a +1 SpA boost when hit with a Water type move allowing him to hit much harder with his STAB moves. Toxic is a fail safe to Toxic Spikes if they fail and the Ground Typing allows you to heal under the sand. Also note that Gastrodon hard counters Rotom-W and checks/counters most pokemon on opposing Rain teams.
Removal of Probopass: Probopass sucks :P

I mentioned your Reuniclus weakness, you also have a weakness to last pokemon set-up sweepers like Crocune who can remove your Poision status. You already have a large number of threats covered with the rest of your team so I suggest you final Pokemon to be Spiritomb instead of Regirock who just can't handle the threats this gen.

Spiritomb
Max HP, split defenses
Night Shade, Curse, Will-o-wisp, Pain Split

Spiritomb rapes Reuniclus, end of story. Curse makes last pokemon sweeps impossible as the opposing pokemon can't handle you. Will-o-wisp gives you a back-up check to pokemon like Excadrill and Balloon Terakion who heavily threaten you after Skarmory goes down. Pain Split is Spiritomb's only form of recovery and Night Shade is a reliablee form of damage dealing.

@above, Spiritomb rofl stomp's Conkeldurr

Going to be honest, the team doesn't look particularly well thought out but I think it has potential and will be improved if you consider my suggestions.
Now I'm not a great team rater but those changes would look to help you out.

Given that you c/ped this from Serebii I'll c/p my response from Serebii.

Now I'm not a great team rater but those changes would look to help you out.
The induction of Celebi (Which your post helped me decide to do) over Probopass Made Thundurus and Conkeldurr A LOT LESS DANGEROUS TO MY TEAM. But you make a good point on reuniclus: It can hurt me. However, TTar is faster then Reuniclus (obviously), and if it runs TR, it either loses Recover, fighting/ghost coverage or Calm Mind. If calm mind is gone, I can use my special sweepers. If fighting coverage is gone TTar can LHFAO and crunch it to death. No Recover??? I'm fighting a nub. an idiot nub. But that form of reuniclus will last the longest against my team.

EDIT: CRAAAAAAAAAAPPP!!! I FORGOT ABOUT CROCUNE!!!!! Dammit... Yeah Crocune will hurt... So I slashed in Giga Drain with Recover on Celebi... I gotta test out both... Thanks for alerting me to that one.

Hippowdon is much more bulky than ttar and better for stalling. He can also set up with stockpile, phaze with roar, and cause a terrible time for unprepared teams.

Set I would reccommend:
Impish, leftovers.
176 HP / 84 Def / 248 SpD
-stockpile
-slack off
-roar
-earthquake/stone edge

The last slot really depends whether you want STAB or coverage, as without stone edge he is miserably unable to hurt levitators and flying types. Hippo will also help since half of your current team is weak to bug types.

I also noticed that you will be setting up a lot of hazards, and that your game will be fucked over if they are spun away. If you want you can put in jellicent for skarmory. Skarmory because if you use hippowdon, he can phaze and set up stealth rocks too. Just an observation i had. Plus your only real special wall is latias. Its nice to have more than one and these two cover each others weaknesses perfectly.

Now that you have a healer like Celebi, you don't have to worry that much about Crocune. However, your team still has a weakness against Fighting- and Dark-types. A Sucker Punch delivered to either Latias or Celebi can OHKO them right on the spot. Not only that, but now that you have three Pokemon that are weak against Fire, two Pokemon weak against Fighting-types, and 1 Pokemon weak against Dark-, Ice-, and other Dragon-types, this team can easily be taken down by a Volcarona of some sort. Skarmory is really bulky due to it's high defense stat so you don't really HAVE to invest 252 EVs into it's Def. It's SpD is where it is lacking severely, so you could either EVs into the SpD stat or get a healer similar to that of Celebi, but is a special wall. Similar to that of Chansey w/ Eviolite; great defences (both defense and special defense) and have access to Aromatherapy + Heal Bell.

Now that you have a healer like Celebi, you don't have to worry that much about Crocune. However, your team still has a weakness against Fighting- and Dark-types. A Sucker Punch delivered to either Latias or Celebi can OHKO them right on the spot. Not only that, but now that you have three Pokemon that are weak against Fire, two Pokemon weak against Fighting-types, and 1 Pokemon weak against Dark-, Ice-, and other Dragon-types, this team can easily be taken down by a Volcarona of some sort. Skarmory is really bulky due to it's high defense stat so you don't really HAVE to invest 252 EVs into it's Def. It's SpD is where it is lacking severely, so you could either EVs into the SpD stat or get a healer similar to that of Celebi, but is a special wall. Similar to that of Chansey w/ Eviolite; great defences (both defense and special defense) and have access to Aromatherapy + Heal Bell.
Jellicent would wall volcarona to town. Plus elimnates a fighting weakness. So would hippowdon.

Jellicent would wall volcarona to town. Plus elimnates a fighting weakness. So would hippowdon.
You prove a point. However, what about dual types w/ Fire- and Dark-type typing? Houndoom, although, is walled by Jellicent, Houndoom is able to deliver a Taunt + Sucker Punch. Round One: Jellicent attempts to use Will-o-Wisp, Houndoom uses Taunt. Jellicent is forced to use Scald or Surf. Houndoom counters with STAB Sucker Punch, OHKO. Or for all we know, it could be the other way around really.

You prove a point. However, what about dual types w/ Fire- and Dark-type typing? Houndoom, although, is walled by Jellicent, Houndoom is able to deliver a Taunt + Sucker Punch. Round One: Jellicent attempts to use Will-o-Wisp, Houndoom uses Taunt. Jellicent is forced to use Scald or Surf. Houndoom counters with STAB Sucker Punch, OHKO. Or for all we know, it could be the other way around really.
You have a good point, but in all honesty how many houndooms do you see these days? If its a huge problem, a mixape could fix it.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
LO Starmie goes through this team pretty easily so I recommend running max Special deffence on Tyranitar and Pursuit over Crunch so you can trap it.

You also need a spin blocker so I recommend Jellicent over Latias.

LO Starmie goes through this team pretty easily so I recommend running max Special deffence on Tyranitar and Pursuit over Crunch so you can trap it.

You also need a spin blocker so I recommend Jellicent over Latias.
Many People have been saying "Spin Blockerrr..." and no. no spin blocker. NOBODY RUNS SPINNERS ANYMOAR. (Out of like, 200 battles, I've seen like, 2. LOL.)
And Latias walls WAAAAY better then Jellicent. Unfortunately, With most spinners, (Like Starmie), you can't tell whether or not they run spin.

ALSO, EVEN THO I USE A LOT OF HAZARDS, MOST OF MY POKES AREN'T ACTUALLY FULL-ON STALLERS/WALLS. THEY USUALLY ARE CHOCK-FULL OF COUNTER-TYPE ATTACKS. SO THEY'RE MOAR LIKE BULKY OFFENSE THEN ANYTHING.

You might want to switch spikes and stealth rock on skarmory and forretress, since it will be easy for skarmory to set up 3 layers of spikes since forretress has no recovery. You could also try running leftovers on forretress since you have sturdy so occa won't really do a lot. Recover might help out Celebi since SandStorm is up.

You might want to switch spikes and stealth rock on skarmory and forretress, since it will be easy for skarmory to set up 3 layers of spikes since forretress has no recovery. You could also try running leftovers on forretress since you have sturdy so occa won't really do a lot. Recover might help out Celebi since SandStorm is up.
1. (Spikes and SR): I did that at first, but I realized that I NEEDED SR UP MOAR THEN SPIKES. Spikes is ok... but Forry is moar for Spinning and T-Spikes.
2. (Sturdy) IT NEEDS OCCA. Study would be fine if I had pinch berries, or if I was just setting up SR, but I wanted to make sure that my team was able to set up T-Spikes ASAP.
3. Celebi used to have recover (which is on the edit log), But giga drain provided much-needed grass coverage to my team, and still heals pretty well with a SE hit.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why does celebi not have recover? The purpose of a stall team would to increase the time that each pokemon is alive in order to wither down/wall opposing Pokemon. However that would mean celebi has to drop one of it's coverage moves. Giga/Heal Bell/and Recover are pretty much moves that you -need-. With HP Fire you can cover steels and the such, but with psychic you can help cover those fighting types that can trouble this team.

This team does seem to have a bit of trouble with Fire Blast/Super power/Crunch/Ice Beam or Pursuit Mix Tars which has the ability to potentially OHKO/2HKO every person on this team unless you can play around it but that would require heavy and accurate prediction. The weakest link would probably be Regirock, have you considered running a bulky Pokemon that still has prowess but is a bit more, (I'll say this loosely) useful such as Bulk up Conkledurr. Which could help with 3 Atk LO Excadrill which is only walled by your Skarm who usually can be enough but you never know.

You're the one who uses the team, what pokemon would you say trouble you the most?

Why does celebi not have recover? The purpose of a stall team would to increase the time that each pokemon is alive in order to wither down/wall opposing Pokemon. However that would mean celebi has to drop one of it's coverage moves. Giga/Heal Bell/and Recover are pretty much moves that you -need-. With HP Fire you can cover steels and the such, but with psychic you can help cover those fighting types that can trouble this team.

This team does seem to have a bit of trouble with Fire Blast/Super power/Crunch/Ice Beam or Pursuit Mix Tars which has the ability to potentially OHKO/2HKO every person on this team unless you can play around it but that would require heavy and accurate prediction. The weakest link would probably be Regirock, have you considered running a bulky Pokemon that still has prowess but is a bit more, (I'll say this loosely) useful such as Bulk up Conkledurr. Which could help with 3 Atk LO Excadrill which is only walled by your Skarm who usually can be enough but you never know.

You're the one who uses the team, what pokemon would you say trouble you the most?

Unfortunately, I'm still in the process of obtaining all the pokes, Tomorrow I'll have them all and tell you that... As for Bulk Up Conkel... Between enemy attacks, Status Damage, SS damage... It only lasts about a turn or two. Which Really is a shame.
But Straight from theory, I agree that Regirock WOULD be my weakest link... But he's a very important, useful wall...
A bit of the cornerstone of my stall... He has weaknesses from water and fighting tho, both of which are unfortunately common...
Ishh...

( I'm honored that a team Rating alumnus such as yourself would Rate My Team. I enjoy having someone who isin't saying the same 2 things. Lol.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)