Other OU CCAT (Round 6 Nominations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SubDD Gyarados
DD Petaya Berry Salamence
Agility Mega Altaria

This one seems like a fun round to play along with! I'm worried Mence might be a touch on the gimmicky side, as awesome as it sounds, hence why it's second.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
So I was asked to be the tiebreaker for this and I guess I'll go with....

CM Reuniclus

It's hard for me to justify such a weird set in Petaya Salamence when it's not exactly the set that sucks more so the Pokemon itself. Just from using them both I can say that establishing a win-con with Reuni is much more easier than Salamence is while not being totally outclassed and more customizable to team needs instead of using a very difficult foundation.

Ending voting a day early; we already have a bunch of votes in and I'm eager to get this going!
Here are the results of the voting (I had fun counting)

SD Lucario - 2
CM Reuniclus - 20
3 Attack + Roost Kyurem-Black - 4
Mega Alakazam - 6
NP Mega Houndoom - 8
Stallbreaker Togekiss - 7
SD Diggersby
Expert Belt Jirachi - 6
Mega Slowbro
Agility Mega Altaria - 6
Sand Rush Excadrill
Honchkrow - 5
Natural Gift Cloyster - 3
SubDD Gyarados - 1
Double Dancer Thundurus-Therian - 3
DD Petaya Berry Salamence - 19
All-Out Attacker Landorus-I - 1
Mega Aerodactyl - 6
SubPunch Breloom

The competition was really fierce between DD Petaya Berry Salamence and CM Reuinclus, but in the end, AM delivered the final tiebreaking vote!
So yeah, our first Pokemon is CM Reuniclus, feel free to discuss pokemon for the second slot and make nominations!

Life Orb Keldeo

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Taunt

With Pokemon like Bisharp and Tyranitar being large threats to Reuniclus, Keldeo seems like the perfect partner for it. Life Orb is used so that Keldeo can fit in Taunt and easily switch moves, making it easier to lure threats like Celebi and Slowbro with HP Bug that can also give Reuniclus trouble if it lacks Shadow Ball.

Mixed Defense Hippowdon

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

All right, reuniclus is pretty weak to mons like bisharp and gengar. Hippowdon deals with these two pretty well, and can provide stealth rock support. Also, hippowdon is weak to mons like rotom wash and ferrothorn, which reuniclus takes no shit from.

My set is better than vertex's because the spdef lets it take on lo gengar better, and it checks bisharp just fine with 144+ defense evs.

Last edited:

Hippowdon | Leftovers | Sand Stream
Impish | 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe | Max IVs
Earthquake | Stealth Rock | Whirlwind | Slack Off

Hippowdon is a great start to this team because Reuniclus is generally best on balance builds. Hippowdon not only provides a way to beat Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Mega Charizard X (all like to come on Reuni), but it provides Stealth Rock support which is a great way to get that out of the way. Reuniclus hazard stack is a great playstyle and it can provide a vital core when paired with a spinner and spikes from Ferrothorn for example. It can heal itself constantly and will overall be a valuable asset to the team. Hippowdon has been getting a lot of usage lately and this is one of the reasons!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Okay, so I'm gonna nominate something as a Reuniclus partner.

Charizard (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

IMO, Dragon Dance Charizard X is an excellent partner to Reuniclus. Reuniclus is insanely weak to Mega Sableye, Bisharp (If we're not running Focus Blast), & in general Bug Type Pokemon, & Charizard X can either set up, or flat out KO all of these Pokemon. EV's along with a Jolly Nature outrun the magical Choice Scarf Landorus-T after a Dragon Dance. The moves are pretty much standard. Dragon Dance for setting up on a lot of stuff, most notably Mega Sableye & Mega Scizor. Unresisted dual STAB is always good & Roost is there for longevity, allowing it to set up multiple times in a match.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Reuniclus is completely shut down by Mega Sableye, so having a check to that is important. The set is really flexible, I just left this as CM because dual calm mind core is gr8 and twave is nice for faster mons like gengar that like to switch in on clef allowing Reuniclus to have a bit of an easier time sweeping.

E: in regards to above the only gripe I have with that is that it loses to foul play mega sableye :[

Last edited:

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man

Hippowdon | Leftovers | Sand Stream
Impish | 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe | Max IVs
Earthquake | Stealth Rock | Whirlwind | Slack Off

Hippowdon is a great start to this team because Reuniclus is generally best on balance builds. Hippowdon not only provides a way to beat Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Mega Charizard X (all like to come on Reuni), but it provides Stealth Rock support which is a great way to get that out of the way. Reuniclus hazard stack is a great playstyle and it can provide a vital core when paired with a spinner and spikes from Ferrothorn for example. It can heal itself constantly and will overall be a valuable asset to the team. Hippowdon has been getting a lot of usage lately and this is one of the reasons!
I am a big fan of this set. Especially paired with Reuniclus, as it will not take any sand damage because of Magic Guard.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rain Dance + Tail Glow Manaphy

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball / Ice Beam

This breaks Sableye easily letting Reuniclus opt for Focus Blast as the coverage move which also gets past Ferro, one of the better answers to Manaphy. Also is another status absorber for the team and adds a little more speed and immediate offense. Manaphy doesn't counter Ttar or Bisharp but neither want to switch-in and that's still a plus.

Nominating Specially Defensive SD Gliscor

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

I think Gliscor is an excellent teammate for Reuniclus because it creates a pathway for the team to follow some sort of bulky offense structure. Gliscor also takes on and sets up on threats that Reuniclus would otherwise have trouble dealing with such as Sableye, Tyranitar, soft checking Bisharp and Gengar to some extent and so on. Knock Off over Facade is most likely necessary on this set to check a threat Reuniclus has a had time dealing with, which is Gengar. This pair also creates a somewhat non-status core that will create a cushion for future teammates. Thankyou ;]]]]]]]]]

Last edited:
Can you nominate a poke that was already nominated, but for a different teamslot? If not, I'll delete the post, but if so:

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt

I feel like a nasty plot mega houndoom could be an interesting choice. It is a great check to bisharp and mega sableye, two of the biggest threats to reuniclus as mentioned in several posts above. It is also a half-decent gengar check after mega-evolving, as well as destroying jirachi and celebi, two new prominent threats. Also, its one of the best offensive megagross checks, being able to switch in on anything but EQ or hammer arm, and OHKO it with a fire blast. Crapping on common stall cores is always nice as well. However, we might need something else to deal with T-tar, but we have 4 more pokes to work with.

I'd like to nominate physically defensive Landorous-t
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Can check bisharp and s-def heatran, as well as get down stealth rock and provide U-turn support. also helps by knocking off those pesky leftovers.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Earthquake / Heal Bell

Behold the amazing Mega Altaria! Because Reun has trouble with Mega Sableye and Bisharp, I think M-Alt would make a great partner, being able to beat the two. Plus it can lure in Scizor (a threat to Reun) and blow it away with Fire Blast. Picked the mix set to pair with Reun but it isn't set in stone; depending on the team, Altaria can go DD or one of the many sets it has. Anyways, Maltaria + Reun is next level stuff, so yeah, nominating Malt beverage :]

Nominating Rocky Helmet Garchomp

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail/ Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Majority of Reuniclus' problems are strong dark and bug type attackers, such as Bisharp, Tyranitar, Scizor and also bulky stuff that can scare Reuniclus such as special defensive Jirachi and Unaware Clefable.
Garchomp acts as a Stealth Rocker, bulky ground that can cripple volturn users such as Lan-therian and Rotom-wash, while also being a great switch in on stuff like Bisharp, Jirachi, Tyranitar and Scizor, weakening them due to rocky helmet and rough skin, toxic acts as a lure for unaware Clefable, so that it can't wall Reuniclus later, speed allows Garchomp to outspeed Jolly cb Tyrantrum, Jolly Bisharp, and majority of Heatran.

Can you nominate a poke that was already nominated, but for a different teamslot? If not, I'll delete the post, but if so:

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt

I feel like a nasty plot mega houndoom could be an interesting choice. It is a great check to bisharp and mega sableye, two of the biggest threats to reuniclus as mentioned in several posts above. It is also a half-decent gengar check after mega-evolving, as well as destroying jirachi and celebi, two new prominent threats. Also, its one of the best offensive megagross checks, being able to switch in on anything but EQ or hammer arm, and OHKO it with a fire blast. Crapping on common stall cores is always nice as well. However, we might need something else to deal with T-tar, but we have 4 more pokes to work with.
Yes you're allowed to nominate a Pokemon that was nominated before for a different team slot.
Just wondering, what do the specific EVs do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)