Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Kyube, because it's a beast, and because I wanna see rob build this whole team

Last edited:
Well actually I would not vote for Kyurem-B ...
I don't like that build. Too frail and easily outspeed if your opponent knows which set you play.
But the other alternative, which will likely win is stupid Celebi-scrub ... So Vote for Kyurem-B

Nedor

thiccc
the voting period is now over! after tallying up the votes, life orb kyurem-black and baton pass celebi were tied 8-8, so i requested FookMi? to vote.

scores:
----------
baton pass celebi
• 8 votes
sd gliscor • 1 vote
sd talonflame • 3 votes
kyurem-black • 9 votes
latias • 0 votes
av tangrowth • 1 vote
klefki • 0 votes
gourgeist • 0 votes
volcarona • 2 votes
av tornadus-t • 0 votes
----------

lo kyurem-black
was chosen as the first member alongside mega blastoise with 9 votes!

Nedor

thiccc
Is it ok if I start voting on this now? Seems Rly cool
hello dusk raimon, the voting stage is already over. in some period of time, there will be a new round to suggest a mon' for the updated team: mega blastoise + life orb kyurem-black. once that stage is over, there will be a round to vote on all of the suggestions. all this information is mentioned here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-community-create-a-team-voting-period-2.3556634/ have a good day! n_n

thanks Nedor for handling that n_n

submission period has now begun!! our team so far is mega blastoise and kyurem-b. remember, after this submission period we'll have a session in the OU workshop room on PS! where we discuss everything and possibly make some changes!

you have from now until 12/12 to submit pokemon !_!

also tagging rob. so he can finish the team c;

Last edited:
Reserving laias
Actually looking back now it wasn't that great an idea. I'll do this instead.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

So right now, our team is kinda slow and weak to the likes of Keldeo and Mega Gardevoir, and Torn T with Iron Tail helps with both. It OHKOs Garde with Iron Tail and kills Keldeo with Hurricane. It also functions as a lure to Clefable, another prominent problem to this core. Having a fast mon is appreciated by this core since it can't even beat out the base 100 speed tier, and Torn fills this role quite well. In return, Blastoise can spin away rocks that annoy Torn, as well as check Weavile, and Kyurem-B checks non FB Thundy and Manectric.

Last edited:
Our team is pretty weak to fairy types right now. Mega Gardevoir in particular is a huge issue right now. The fairy check that seems to best fit this team right now is Pivot Jirachi!

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi provides the obligatory Stealth Rock support while also checking most fairies, Mega Metagross, Latis, and Serperior for the team, and having U-turn to give opportunities for its teammates to come in. While it can be a tad passive, U-turn helps with this and we have two wallbreakers to offset this as well.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

The bird with no skill can be useful alongside Bowser and whatever the hell Kyube is. It's able to deal with mons like Clefable, revenge kill Keldeo, and check Zard Y, all of which really threaten the core. It's also able to work really well against Mega Scizor, which is another mon that the 2 mons already selected struggle with. Mega Blastoise is already a spinner, so Talonflame's biggest weakness in rocks is covered in that regard. It's also a stall breaker, which is always nice to have. Also, crippling threats with Will-O-Wisp allows Kyurem and Mega Blastoise to potentially have an easier time netting a 2HKO when the opponent tries to send in a mon to check them, as the extra 12% from burn damage alongside any hazard damage is sure to help them break walls.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

Dragalge @ Draco Plate / Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Currently, this core is, as Jaguar said, weak to Fairies, while also being threatened by common special attackers such as Specs variante of Keldeo, Serperior, and Thundurus. Albeit being uncommon, Dragalge can check or counter most of the after-mentioned threats. Dragalge can also provide Toxic Spikes support for the team, wearing down several defensive threats.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

a pokemon that i've loved using recently and it's life orb sd scizor, which functions similarly to the mega offensive sd set, in that it becomes a potent offensive threat to bulkier teams and offensive teams alike after 1/2 sd boosts on top of that it's a check to common fairies such as gardevoir and malt which threaten the core.

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Was gonna suggest Doublade but... everyone would get all bitchy bout it, so lets go for the next best thing (probably the best thing in your opinion) Assault Vest Metagross. This baby here helps deal with several major weaknesses apparent in this team from the fairy weakness to the dragon weakness, as a latias/os could easily just spam Draco and you'd have nutin to switch in but a Mega Blastoise that'd basically be 2 hit Ko'd. This thing has everything we want in an almost awesome team.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Evs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Pursuit
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake / Zen Headbutt

When I see our current pokemon on the team, I do not see much that can stand up to mega garde, latis, and many other special attackers. AV metagross not only pivots in on latis, it checkmates them with pursuit. It also switches in on many of the special attackers, that kyu-b and mega toise don't care for, with its increased special bulk. It works well with kyurem-b by taking the fairy, dragon, and steel types aimed at it. It also works well with blastoise because it can pivot in on grass mons such as serperior. Overall, AV meta works well with kyu-b and mega toise because it can pivot into and potentially trap many of the pokemon that threaten them.

Edit: Posted within seconds of the above post, so i guess we will have two opinions on why av meta is a good mon here

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Evs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Pursuit
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake / Zen Headbutt

When I see our current pokemon on the team, I do not see much that can stand up to mega garde, latis, and many other special attackers. AV metagross not only pivots in on latis, it checkmates them with pursuit. It also switches in on many of the special attackers, that kyu-b and mega toise don't care for, with its increased special bulk. It works well with kyurem-b by taking the fairy, dragon, and steel types aimed at it. It also works well with blastoise because it can pivot in on grass mons such as serperior. Overall, AV meta works well with kyu-b and mega toise because it can pivot into and potentially trap many of the pokemon that threaten them.

Edit: Should I just delete mine (because of double av metas)?
You don't necessarily have to delete your post, just edit in that you posted it the same time as the previous suggestion (which based on time frames, you have). If anything, it provides two opinions on why it is a solid choice for the next member of the team. n_n

Klefki @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise

So like the other nominations said this team is weak to Fairies, the Lati's, and faster threats in general considering both Mega Blastoise and Kyurem-B are quite slow in this Metagame. Klefki is a fantastic partner as it offers Spikes support to supplement the Wallbreaking prowess of both of them, while offering a method of Speed Control against threats such as Mega Charizard X and Mega Lopunny. The item choice is really dependent on the other 3 partners. If another Fairy Check isn't implemented Shed Shell is the way to go to avoid Magnezone, but if another is added Leftovers is superior.

Pretty sure this is gonna get another 0 in favor of AV Meta probably.

Well chances are av meta's getting picked but i might as well just do this one:

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

While this wont exactly be switching into fairy types its also true bisharp beats all of the slower fairies in the tier on top of this kyurem-B+mega blastoise also has some issue's with chansey. Bisharp can knock off said eviolite which does allow kyurem-b to beat it which is cool. On top of this blastoise baits in stuff like torn-t,clefable. While also can somtimes bring in the latis switching in on scald and then click draco assuming blastoise is weak enough. (this forces blastoise out) Bisharp removes faster dragon types and psychic types in general which often scare both of the two pokemon out. To add to that bisharp also prevents our own hazards from being removed which is nice alongside spin.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock/Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Now Watch Me Whip. Watch Me Nae Nae. Ferrothorn synergizes well with Kyu-b And Mega Blastoise making the 2nd part of a FWG core and DFS core. Ferrothorn can take attacks from fairies and check mons like azu, mega gardevoir, which annoy the mons atm. Also depending on the hazard SR allows Thundurus to get fewer switchins to stop it from like coming in 24/7 and wooping kyu-b's and mega blastoise's ass. And Ferro appreiciates the t-wave from Klefki which can be annoying to get more power onto gyro. It also stops mons like mega metagross if it lacks hammer arm. Ferrothorn also can catch dracos and wall some dragons like lati twins ( unless they carry hp fire).

bogoljubow

formerly Betapf

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Alright, first time doing this, but hopefully my suggestion is not entirely terrible. Basically, NP Thundurus lures Mega-Venusaur and other grass-types that Blastoise can't really touch, as well as pressures MG Clefable, which checks Kyurem and Blastoise. It also provides Thunder Wave support to help compensate for Mega-Blastoise's and Kyurem-B's mediocre speed. Meanwhile, Blastoise keeps hazards off the field to increase Thundurus' longevity. It may not be the best idea to pressure Mega-Blastoise into removing stealth rocks for two pokemon, but Thundurus doesn't always need to having Rocks removed due to Leftovers recovery.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Serves nicely as a Fighting-type resist, Fairy-type resist, and a way to break through bulkier stall alongside the other two; making stall one of the easiest matchups ever lol. Overall good Pokemon for the core in my opinion, and provides much needed speed.

Nedor

thiccc
the submission period is now over! during this voting period, i ask that you guys please say the full name of the pokemon! you don't have to say the name of the set, but by saying the full name of the pokemon, it makes it a lot easier for me to tally the votes and double check everything.

so to vote, you just say the full name of the pokemon in bold. don't vote for yourself, etc.

suggestions to vote on:
------------
life orb tornadus-therian
specially defensive jirachi
taunt + wisp talonflame
offensive tspikes dragalge
sd life orb regular scizor
assault vest metagross
standard spikes klefki
pursuit bisharp
standard defensive ferrothorn
np + thunder wave thundurus
life orb + taunt gengar
------------

when voting, keep in mind that the first two members of the team are mega blastoise + life orb kyurem-black !

thank you to all of those who suggested pokemon in this round, it is definitely appreciated! i will be ending the voting round this coming monday night, so make sure to get in your vote! n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)