Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Dis seemed painfully obvious but it works really well. Hippo helps check mons like raikou,manectric-mega, thundy-i, etc preventing volt switch 24/7 and stops thundy from getting a kill every time it swtiches in(unless it has grass knot which we then click x.) Rocks allows thundy-i not to switch in 24/7 and hippo helps check zard x which is like a nuclear warhead after +1. Whirlwind shenanigans helps cripple talon which can be annoying, thundy-i, zard x and y, dnite,kyu-b, etc. Whirlwind also prevents dangerous set up from physical mons like talonflame, mega pinsir, mega scizor,etc. Skarm helps take the hits from mega venu, mega gardevoir, etc that hippo hates.

i'm just gonna close this now because it's been a week and we haven't gotten too many submissions. at we progress with the team, there's less and less to submit, so yea :x

now onto the voting:
  • offensive stealth rock landorus-t
  • clefable
  • hippowdon
to vote, simply say the name of what you want to vote for (preferably as they appear here & in bold). you have until 12/27 (at night est) to submit your votes.

• hippowdon: 6
  • clefable: 2
  • lando-t: 7
the fourth pokemon for our team is offensive SR lando-t! we're now entering submission period #5. you have from now until 1/2 to submit pokemon. as a reminder, our current team is mega blastoise, kyurem-b, spdef skarmory with spikes, and offensive SR landorus-t.

now this is my real 200th post (party)

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

So if u wise guys hadn't notice Serperior literally takes a crap on the whole team atm and the team is slow like a bag of charcoal. Tornadus helps eat up all dem leaf storms and making it catch dem hurricanes. Knock off is just to screw chansey, other fat pokemon that like to carry their lefties. Torn-T also appreciates the spin for Blastoise. The 60 HP give Torn-T a chance to live a +2 Mega Scizor BP after rocks but its unlikely to live. 196 Sp.att has a 56%(rounded) chance to OHKO Bisharp with heat wave after rocks. U-turn is there to keep up momentum.
Btw: The team gets tossed by strong electrics and the only way we beat dem is by bluffing scarf on lando-t which is reliable as using glass as a shield for bullets.
196 SpA Tornadus-T Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 238-280 (87.8 - 103.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Infernal

Banned deucer.
I think a big issue for this team is the lack of speed. This alone is making several big threats really threatening. These are the main ones I notice:

Thundurus-I - Faster than every Pokemon on this team, and the standard 3 attacks variant with Thunderbolt / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice can KO every member. It's more immediately threatening with LO since that allows Thundurus-I to kill Kyurem-B and Mega Blastoise after SR, but NP 3 attacks with Leftovers is just as scary. On the topic of electrics, Mega Manectric is also bad news. Although Kyurem-B is a good check, the three other members don't appreciate this thing. With SR up, Mega Manectric places lots of pressure on the team.

Serperior - LO variants with Dragon Pulse are a big issue. Like Thundurus, the snake is faster than every team member. Once it's in on Mega Blastoise and uses LS, nothing is stopping a sweep. Because Skarmory doesn't have Whirlwind, it can't phaze Serperior away either.

Keldeo - Again, faster than everything, and heavily threatens every member with its STABs.

Charizard-Y - Isn't as fast as the Pokemon above, but has just enough speed to be speedier than the whole team. From there, Fire Blast and Solar Beam give the team nightmares.

Bisharp - This has a slightly hard time setting up against this team. However, Skarmory doesn't have Whirlwind, so Bisharp can SD freely and become a pain to handle afterwards. Blastoise can check it decently, but I don't consider this reliable. +2 Sucker from Jolly Bisharp has a chance to kill Blastoise after SR. So, if it's taken just a bit of prior damage, it's a goner.

There are several other Pokemon threatening this team too, like Mega Medicham and SD Breloom. Because Skarmory lacks Whirlwind, other things like Mega Pinsir also have the potential to run through the team after setting up. I don't consider them to be as pressing to cover than things above though, so I wouldn't make them the main thing to focus on handling.

Covering all of these threats is tough, so I am having a hard time coming up with something to help with these problems. I am not sure if slapping on some defensive Pokemon to cover some threats would be enough in the long term either. I don't want to come empty handed anyway, so I will try a suggestion:

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire / Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

The main thing Amoonguss is helping with is Keldeo, Serperior, and Breloom. It's not a very good answer to Thundurus-I, but can at least pivot on a Thunderbolt and threaten a Spore. With the mushroom on the team, the option to use Brave Bird on Skarmory could be looked into. Iron Head is primarily for Clefable and Diancie. With Amoonguss, you check those two decently well, and can then use Brave Bird just to have something to hit Serperior, Mega Medicham, Keldeo, and others like Mega Lopunny. Amoonguss doesn't do much to help with the speed issue, though. Because of this, it will have to be paired with a sixth member that's reasonably fast. Something like Choice Scarf Terrakion could help pick up where Amoonguss lacks by providing a check to Charizard-Y and Bisharp, and a Pokemon faster than offensive electric types. This still leaves Medicham as an issue though.
I don't think Amoonguss is the best option, but it's something. Hopefully someone has something better. The team is pretty far into the building phase, but I feel like Blastoise isn't doing or offering much besides spin. This restricts the option to use another mega like Venusaur or Altaria that could be helpful to cover many of the problems this team has. You then gain the flexibility to use another water that offers more threat coverage. Starmie for example, to spin, give the team speed/another Keldeo check, and way to check Medicham. I'm not criticizing anything though, just some food for thought. Covering everything is impossible, but that's the fun part about this challenge.

Last edited:

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire / Earthquake
- Roost

Lets just be honest the team in its current form gets trashed by a lot of stuff ranging from electrics such as thundurus-I, OU's my little pony keldeo, and so on. I felt the team needed a splashable all round great Pokemon which Latios fit the bill the best. Since we already have a spinner and want to establish spike presence the use of defog is not needed and as such we can run Roost + 3 attack giving Latios the ability to deal with a variety of threats depending on whether it is running EQ/HP Fire/HP Fighting (be luring).

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't fix the thunderus problem, but it's a good offensive mon to check that rest of the mentioned threats- Bulky WoW+SD Talonflame

Talonflame @ None
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Roost
-Will-o-Wisp
-Swords Dance
-Acrobatics

Excellent sweeper at +2, and good Check to Keldeo and Serperior. Also, a solid wincon for a team that doesn't seem to really have one. Bulky itemless talonflame doesn't have to worry about dying due to its own recoil, and can set up with a bit more ease than standard 'flame due to larger bulk and will-o-wisp, and can burn switchins TTar, Lando-T, and Rotom-w. However, it is another mon weak to thundy, so that's going to have to be covered in the last teamslot. Overall, I feel like this would be an easy fit for this team and brings powerful priority and utility to the table.

options:
  • AV tornadus-t
  • amoonguss
  • latios
  • bulky SD talonflame
to vote, simply say the name of one of these options (preferably as they appear here and in bold). as a reminder, our current team is: mega blastoise, kyurem-b, SpD skarmory, and landorus-t.

voting will last from now until monday, 1/4, @ night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)