Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.
amoonguss wins. didn't tally the votes cause it was 7/10 for amoonguss :p

we're now moving to submission period 6. our current team is mega blastoise, kyurem-b, SpD skarmory, landorus-t, and amoonguss... keep those in mind when submitting a 6th member for the team n_n

you have from now until saturday, 1/9 to submit pokemon for the team !

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader

Specially Defensive Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

I looked at this team and honestly the first thing I thought was, damn, Charizard-Y totally demolishes this in every shape and form. This made me look at what dealt with Charizard-Y, Bisharp, etc... and thus I came to the conclusion that the best addition to the team not only to tie up weaknesses but also to complete the FWG core that was already mostly complete through the addition of specially defensive Talonflame. As mentioned before spd talonflame gives you a great switch in to Mega Charizard-Y, and also gives the team the utility and presence of a late-game cleaner, and Wisper. This also ties into the role of Blastoise as a Offensive Hazard cleaner as Talon and Kyurem-Black both need Stealth Rock gone in order to operate maximally.

Last edited:

Infernal

Banned deucer.
Although this team is using Spikes, it has some trouble keeping them up. Defog Latios is faster than the whole team, threatens everything besides Skarmory with Draco & Psyshock, and can remove hazards without too much trouble if it wants. Like Latios, Starmie is faster than everything, and can spin on Skarmory all day. So, having something to punish these Pokemon becomes crucial. This problem aside, the team still has several weaknesses. Charizard-Y is the most pressing. Bisharp and Mega Pinsir also look troublesome, as Skarmory lacks Whirlwind or Brave Bird to discourage them from boosting. Another Pokemon I see as extremely threatening to this team is opposing Kyurem-B. Between Ice Beam and Fusion Bolt, everything is smoked. If the opposing Kyurem-B is faster than the one on this team, the issue is worse. While I did mention Defog Latios earlier, HP Fire variants are arguably even more of a pain for this team to handle, mainly because Skarmory will be pressured. Lastly, the team is slow overall, and would greatly appreciate a Scarfer. For all of these reasons, I nominate:

Tyranitar
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Scarf Tyranitar helps with all of the above issues. Its main role is trapping Latios and Starmie to help control the hazard game. The team is provided with a Scarfer, and check to Charizard-Y, Bisharp, Mega Pinsir, and Kyurem-B. In addition, Scarf Tar provides the team with more checks to Talonflame and Thundurus-I, which is helpful since they still look annoying to deal with. Being faster than Serp is cool too since that's one of the main weaknesses noted last round. Although Tar introduces an added fighting, fairy, and water weakness, the other members of the team help cover this up. Blastoise is also there to remove any entry hazards discouraging Tar from switching in. In general, I think Scarf Tar helps patch up some holes decently, while helping the team accomplish its goals.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I think ScarfTar is literally the only choice for this squad unless the Lando is scarf in which case you could maybe go for chople or the like. It's the only thing that can patch the weakness to Kyu / Zard / Sharp in one slot and as those are definitely the 3 biggest weaknesses so far that's pretty crucial. Being able to Pursuit Hoopa and Latios definitely help out too considering Hoopa comes in for free on Amoonguss once something is spored and removing Latios means with your spinner intact you should be able to control the hazard game.

i forgot to close this yesterday lol.

voting!
  • SpD talonflame
  • scarf tyranitar
you have from now until tuesday, 1/12 to vote. as a reminder, our team so far is: mega blastoise, kyurem-b, SpD skarmory, landorus-t, and amoonguss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)