OU Hail (First RMT Here :3)

Hey, all you Smogon forum users! My name is MewTheDestroyer, and this is my first RMT here. I made this team in 5 minutes, like I do with every team, and it looks pretty good! I did a test battle, and I got a 5-0 victory, so yay for me :3, if I need to add something to the RMT, feel free to let me know, and yeah, let's get it going!

Abomasnow @ Expert Belt
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Abomasnow is the only weather setter for hail (besides it's pre-evo Snover) so it was an obvious choice for the team. I chose Expert Belt over a Special Defensive Subseeder because I feel this is a more useful kind of set. I run Max Attack and HP so I still have the bulk to have durability, and the attacking power needed to do massive damage to all. I have Giga Drain for my Grass Stab and Hidden Power Fire so I'm not walled by Ferrothorn, Forretress, etc.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Zapdos, the next to be the victim- er I mean the teammate for this team! Life Orb Zapdos, scary. Zapdos is here because it synergizes with Tentacruel fairly well. Zapdos is also a check to scary threats the the current OU threats like Scizor, Keldeo (to a degree) etc. Heat Wave is for those Scizor's that think they can come in and set up an SD in my face, then they get hurt...

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Dragon Claw
This guy, the heaviest hitter in all of OU, Kyurem-B. Life Orb is more or less the only reliable item for Kyurem-B, if you want to up the attack power of your moves, since Band isn't all to good, since surprisingly, Gamefreak gave Kyurem-B 3 decent physical moves, yeah. I have Blizzard so I can abuse hail, that is all.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 244 Def / 248 HP / 16 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Scald
Tentacruel's purpose to me looks pretty clear to me, to be a tank and to spin. I really like this set, SubToxic. It has shown to be very reliable because a lot of people seem to not know what to do when they see this, they seem very dumbfounded. I have Timid Nature so I can outspeed AdamantLoom, I think :D

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
Chansey, recently dropped to BL, why, I have no idea, but whatever. I chose Chansey over Blissey for the bulk, and personal preference. This was the best Pokemon to carry SR for the team, because no point in giving them to a ScarfRakion, really, there isn't, trust me. Chansey also has Heal Bell, which is very useful for if Terrakion was to be paralyzed or burned, I could make it feel all special inside :3

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide
Terrakion, the biggest threat on this team. Terrakion is just in general scary in OU. It's fast as hell and strong as hell. Most people these days, run BandRakion or Life Orb, not as many Scarfers are seen these days, but they haven't gone completely unused, so it has some sort of surprise factor. I have Rock Slide and Stone Edge for when I really don't feel like missing, that is all :3.

Well, that was the team! Hope you liked it, be sure to tell me if I need to add something, since I checked the rules and didn't see anything. And hope everyone has a good rest of the day! ~MewTheDestroyer

~Importable
Abomasnow @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Dragon Claw

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 244 Def / 248 HP / 16 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Scald

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

change abomasnow's ev spread to 252 Atk/144 SAtk/112 Spe. this allows to outspeed tyranitar, skarmory scizor and uninvested base 70s and below. Wood hammer > giga drain because ttar invests in sdef so u Ohko with wood hammer but not giga drain. Blizzard > Earthquake to beat Gliscor and take advantage of hail.

use a jolly nature on terrakion to outspeed base 100 scarfers like salamence

bold on tentacruel because timid us a waste

use 4 HP / 252 def / 252 sdef with calm nature to take advantage of its bulk on both sides. it has high HP anyway.

you may want to use leftovers or/and roost on zapdos so it can live longer.

Hi, there

I suggest you Wood Hammer> Giga Drain on Abomasnow, this because first of all you have investments in evs special attack and then Wood Hammer would do more damage, especially that Tyranitar in sandstorm special defense has increased.
Also put Protect> Earthquake, Protect serves to understand which will move the opposing pokemon and accordingly, for example in the case in which both against Scizor thanks to Protect understand if ago Bullet Punch, and in this case it is better to change Pokemon, or if makes U-Turn, or Superpower Pursuit in the last three cases, you can stay inside and use HP Fire to kill him, obviously outrun and kill Scizor with HP Fire is changed so spread evs: 162 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd .

For the function they are to perform I prefer Latias Calm Minder instead of Zapdos, takes better Keldeo and can kill Scizor with HP Fire, also is not weak to Stealth Rock as instead it is Zapdos, Latias also helps against Sunny Day Team, especially against Venusaur which can be quite problematic for your team.

Would change with the Blissey> Chansey, Chansey because under Hail continually take damage from it which is not good, while Blissey with Leftovers negate the damage of hail and still has some resistance, but not as Eviolite resists well to the moves Blissey special.

It's not good either Tentacruel with Substitute, because it can not exploit Rain Dish + Black Sludge that return good part of HP used to create the Substitute, making it a better spinner.
I would use, and Protect> Substitute, which helps in scouting, especially if you are in front of Landorus that you can see if it is the usual set special with Rock Polish (against which you can easily send Blissey / Latias), or whether it is physical Earthquake (by sending against Latias that is immune to Earthquake).
Good luck, with your team!

Sets
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 4 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell/Toxic

Hi there. This does seem like a pretty solid hail team, but there are somethings that I think should be changed to make it work better. First, your Abomasnow set-up the Belt mixed attacker is decent, but I've always found Banded Abomasnow to work the best. With Avalanche, Ice Shard, Earthquake, and Wood Hammer. I've found this set up to OHKO every lead that I've ever played against. Also I would suggest replacing your Chansey with Specs Chandulure. Spec Chandulure hits extremely hard and with Flash Fire and his ghost typing, you are immune to Ice types two weaknesses. With Shadow Ball, Trick, HP Ground, and Flamethrower with EVs on SpAtk and Speed he outspeeds possible Heatran Threats and he will take the Lavaplume that Heatran will throw at you.

hi mewthedestroyer, i like that you're using hail, since it is currently a very underused weather. however, i'd like to help you out to get this team running at full capacity.

first of all, i agree with a faster EV spread for abomasnow, however, i think you should run at least 100 speed EVs. protect > earthquake and wood hammer > giga drain seem like good ideas, as mr. green already mentioned. with hidden power fire and wood hammer, abomasnow can singlehandedly check the rotom-w/scizor volt-turn combination. here's the set i recommend you use:

Abomasnow @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 SAtk / 100 Spd
Lonely Nature

-Wood Hammer
-Hidden Power Fire
-Ice Shard
-Protect

you outspeed min speed skarmory and scizor, and get to nail them both with hidden power fire (scizor is OHKO'd after one protect). max attack to ensure the OHKO against dragonite/salamence with ice shard and tyranitar with wood hammer.

now the next thing i want to address is your zapdos. it's going to be taking stealth rock damage, LO damage, hail damage and on top of this it doesn't even have recovery! you invest absolutely nothing into its defenses meaning zapdos will be dying very quickly if you are using to check rain teams. i suggest you replace zapdos with latias. latias provides you a check against sun teams (which are arguably the biggest threat to hail teams), it gives you a nice keldeo and breloom check and it gives you a good check to thunderus-t. basically agreeing with mr. green here again, but here's the set since he didn't provide it:

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe/ 6 SpA
Timid Nature

-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power Fire
-Recover

next, i want to give you a better set for kyurem-b in hail. something that cannot be easily revenge killed and something that may be even deadlier than the all out attacking set you currently have: sub + 3 attacks. credit to BKC for the EVs:

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Earth Power

basically you can just tank weak water/electric/grass moves with your substitute, and begin to wreak havoc. earth power kills heatran, fusion bolt handles bulky water types (you can replace it with outrage if you feel that you don't need it as much), and blizzard wrecks lati@s, as well as things that don't resist it.

BKC said:
It makes 101 Subs, and is specifically EV'd to outrun Modest Landorus, meaning it can't revenge you[r sub]. Max SpAtk is obvious, last four go in atk because why not. Kyu-B's much more adept at tanking common special hits [Scald is public enemy number one] as opposed to physical so that's why I use Hasty.
finally, your chansey seems out of place on this team. most of your pokemon seem to be either offensive or a support pokemon in the case of tentacruel, and i feel like whenever you switch chansey in, you lose all the momentum that you had gotten through offensive play. i understand that you need something to sponge special attacks though (as well as set up stealth rock), so i suggest you replace chansey with a specially defensive heatran. on its own, heatran is a great counter to practically every member of a sun team (you have to play very carefully if you see a dugtrio though), and it sets up stealth rock. not only that, but it provides your team with a much-needed steel type, since you currently lack one. offensively, its no slouch either: its 130 base special attack means that heatran won't just be a sitting duck against other pokemon. it has good synergy with tentacruel and latias, so i think it fits well on this team. here is the set below:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature

-Stealth Rock
-Lava Plume
-Roar
-Earth Power

don't have much else to say, nice team and hopefully it does better with the changes i suggested (and agreed with) good luck!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I will be replacing Zapdos for Latias and Chansey for Heatran, as well as running the different Abomsnow and Kyurem-B sets Milos suggested :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)