OU Mini-Tournament #4 [Won by Lavos Spawn!]

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Pocket

Artwork by Bummer.

How to participate:
  • The OU Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last exactly 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the OU sub-forum. At the end of the 4 days, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: *If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity*
  • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48 or even 64 participants. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 3 days unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

OU Mini-Tournaments Rules:
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
  • Standard Gen V OU. Refer to this page for more information on usable Pokemon.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • You may switch your team each round.

Battle Clauses:

• Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

Other things to note about OU Mini-Tournaments:
  • Many of these tournaments will have quirks/gimmicks such as allowing previously banned pokemon or banning certain OU pokemon.
  • There won't be more than one tournament running at a time.
  • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tournament at hand.
  • The second post will always outline the special rules of the tournament.
  • Please turn in a log or replay of your battle once it has been completed. This will ensure there is no drama, and select replays can be put up on the OU hub once the tournament reaches a close.

Round One!

Kiyo vs. Redew
Leftiez vs. HabibsHotDogs
gengarsnemisis vs. Frochtejohgurt
gr8astard vs. Blue Eon
Stone RG vs. llvallejoll
Box vs. Eranu
Finchinator vs. Ryanor
Terraquaza vs. Asek
BlankZero vs. ModestGarchomp
Kidogo vs. shartruce2
undisputed vs. LilOuOn
ThunderBlunder vs. CBTerrakion
sasami vs. Pocket
MapleDoom vs. The Great Mighty Doom
yee vs. zerohero
Valentine vs. Cyredax
Demist vs. Pan.
Trinitrotoluene vs. Drako
Ada vs. Lord of Bays
Remedy vs. H-C
Sayonara vs. King
DarkBlazeR vs. Princess Bri
CTC vs. Organization Member XIV
dragonuser vs. Groudon ex
namehtmas vs. Novaray
Halcyon of Light vs. kd24
Stillen vs. Chimpakt
relaunched vs. The Unlucky one
Cherub Agent vs. lokt
.Robert vs. Magolor
Enguarde vs. Lavos Spawn
BROStime vs. Jayde

Activity Wins/Coin Flips

Leftiez vs. HabibsHotDogs
gengarsnemisis vs. Frochtejohgurt
gr8astard vs. Blue Eon
Box vs. Eranu
yee vs. zerohero
Demist vs. Pan.
Sayonara vs. King
DarkBlazeR vs. Princess Bri
Halcyon of Light vs. kd24
Stillen vs. Chimpakt
Cherub Agent vs. lokt
.Robert vs. Magolor
BROStime vs. Jayde

Round Two!

King vs. Redew
Stone RG vs. Asek
Remedy vs. Frochtejohgurt
zerohero vs. Pan.
.Robert vs. Pocket
Drako vs. Valentine
Ada vs. Lavos Spawn
ThunderBlunder vs. The Unlucky one
BROStime vs. Novaray
Finchinator vs. Leftiez
undisputed vs. Cherub Agent
CTC vs. DarkBlazeR
Chimpakt vs. Kidogo
gr8astard vs. BlankZero
The Great Mighty Doom vs. Halcyon of Light
dragonuser vs. Eranu

Activity Wins/Coin Flips

King vs. Redew
Stone RG vs. Asek
zerohero vs. Pan.
Ada vs. Lavos Spawn
ThunderBlunder vs. The Unlucky one
CTC vs. DarkBlazeR
Chimpakt vs. Kidogo

Round Three!

gr8astard vs. Asek
The Great Might Doom vs. Leftiez
ThunderBlunder vs. Kidogo
BROStime vs. dragonuser
Lavos Spawn vs. zerohero
undisputed vs. DarkBlazeR
Drako vs. Pocket
Remedy vs. Redew

Round Four!

Lavos Spawn vs. ThunderBlunder
Remedy vs. gr8astard
Leftiez vs. undisputed
dragonuser vs. Pocket

Semi-Finals!

dragonuser vs. Leftiez
Remedy vs. Lavos Spawn

Activity Wins/Coin Flips

Remedy vs. Lavos Spawn

Finals!

Leftiez vs. Lavos Spawn

*Please Save your replays and send them to me via PM*

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
~~ OU Mini-Tournament 4 ~~
Champions Await!

You all know 'em, you all love 'em, it's the Weather abuse bad boys. Three of the strongest Pokemon to even walk the face of the OU metagame are all scheduled to return in the exciting 4th OU Mini-Tournament. But these Pokemon are homesick, they yearn to return to the teams they used to belong to, so if you want to use them you must use them in their appropriate weather condition. What will happen when these Pokemon return to OU? Find out in the newest OU Mini-Tournament!

This is a standard OU tournament with Blaziken, Excadrill, and Thundurus-I unbanned from Ubers. If you use Blaziken then you must have Drought present on your team, if you use Excadrill you must have Sandstream present on your team, and if you use Thundurus-I you must have Drizzle on your team. If you wish to use two of the dropped Ubers you must have both relevant weathers present on your team.

I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

The first of the Uber seals has been broken, and they have come to conquer.

IN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)