Nihilego @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe - 80 Def / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot

This set got its spotlight in final of the last year by a Pinkacross & Storm Zone's RMT.
Several checks and responses are very item dependent for durability/efficiency, such as :Heavy-Duty Boots: :Blissey: ; :Assault Vest: :Slowking-Galar: ; :Leftovers: :Heatran:/:Ferrothorn:/:Landorus-Therian:/:Garchomp: ; :Assault Vest:/:Leftovers: :Melmetal: ...
So Knock Off punishes and sets the necessary conditions for a potential sweep on next turns for Nihilego or another special sweeper.

Last edited:
F it I'll participate
Crippler (:air balloon: sludge bomb + knock off + twave/rocks)

The Annoyance: Crippler Nihilego

:ss/nihilego:

:air balloon: Nihilego @ Air Balloon :air balloon:

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb

- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
- Power Gem

Who does Nihilego hate? Steel and Ground types.
What can Nihilego do to weaken them? Use the Meteor Beam set, true, but what can Nihilego also do?
Annoy the living crap out of them.
Air Balloon allows Nihilego to hover above Earthquakes and Earth Powers, which can give it crucial defensive and offensive utility when dealing with the Ground types it hates so much. Sludge Bomb and Knock Off are its primary weapons to combat those, with the former boasting a 30% poison rate and the latter removing potential Leftovers. This combination is deadly against the two main Ground types of the tier, Landorus-T and Garchomp.
As for the plethora of Steel types, Knock Off is even more deadly coming from a Pokémon that they are directly trying to check due to most of them still relying on Leftovers for recovery (Heatran, Ferrothorn, Melmetal) or they need their item to fulfill their function in the first place (Assault Vest Melmetal). Thunder Wave is Nihilego's other option for annoying Steel types, as every Steel type that isn't Magnezone or Excadrill really doesn't want to switch into one. Thunder Wave is also devastating against Kartana, because Nihilego (especially with Air Balloon and thus without the immediate threat of +1 Meteor Beam) is one of the few mons that it can actually switch into. However, if no one else on the team can fulfill that role, Nihilego can devote this slot to Stealth Rock and provide passive chip damage every time its checks come in.
Power Gem is a secondary STAB option to hit birds like Tornadus-T and Zapdos against which Nihilego still has a great matchup, but also against other miscellaneous threats such as Volcanion and Heatran.

This set is obviously geared towards supporting a lot of other potential teammates as it targets arguably the two most important defensive typings in SS OU, Steel and Ground, which means pretty much every Pokémon that has trouble breaking through them is going to appreciate this Nihilego set. However, unlike the Meteor Beam set, this one holds more defensive utility thanks to Air Balloon and can be played on more bulky/less fast paced teams that will appreciate its combination of status and Knock Off.​

Last edited:
Box Jellyfish
:Black Sludge: :ss/Nihilego: :Black Sludge:
Nihilego @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Power Gem
- Venoshock
- Pain Split
- Toxic Spikes

Semi-bulky Toxic Spikes setter. Venoshock chosen over other moves to take advantage of poison.​

Charge beam
:ss/nihilego: :life orb:
Nihilego @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave / Power Gem
- Charge Beam
- Dazzling Gleam / Grass Knot
- Pain Split​
The evs were designed so that you get a +1 speed boost after KO one mon while hitting hard, Pain Split can cripple Blissey or chansey, bringing them to the KO range, also healing up life orb damage. Charge Beam gives you SpAtk boost so you don't need them from Beast Boost(fun fact: the chance of getting a SpA boost every time you click charge beam is 63%). Sludge Wave and Power Gem are strong STAB moves. Dazzling Gleam for hitting the dragons super effectively, Grass Knot hits Hippowdon, Gastrodon, Tyranitar and Slowking hard. But all of these are 2HKO(even after a boost) and 3HKO sadly :(

Acid Spray Nihilego

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Acid Spray
- Thunderbolt/Grass Knot

General idea
Acid Spray is not Nasty Plot, but if Metal Sound sees usage, i think that even this move has a chance to shine.
Acid Spray is a good way to deal properly with Unaware users (even those with CM) and deals chip damage, but also with pokemons resistant to Poison, Rock and Electric (of Grass, depending on the 4th coverage move).
Power Gem + Sludge Bomb is picked as the dual-STAB combination, while Thunderbolt/Grass Knot is here for coverage.
Sludge Bomb is preferred over Sludge Wave because of the 30% poison chance, which cripples many targets that resist Poison-type moves.

A way to get rid of Steels is mandatory.

The EVs spread is meant to gain the boost in the SpA.

Last edited:
Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt / Power Gem
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Nihilego's base 103 speed with a scarf allows it to outspeed certain mons, such as +1 Volc, +1 Garchomp, and non speed boosting nature Seismitoad under rain. The moves selected allow Nihilego to revenge kill these mons. Also, with this ev spread Beast Boost boosts spatk, potentially allowing for nihilego to act as a wincon

Expert Belt Nihilego

Nihilego @ Expert Belt :expert belt:

Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock / Knock Off
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Sludge Bomb / Sludge Wave

Really wishing my notifications would start appearing for these threads again.
Does anyone know how to fix that?

Outside of Meteor Beam and beast-boosting, Nihilego has little firepower. With Expert Belt it can land strong blows on targets that it needs to, and anything that isn't hit super-effectively allows it to set up Stealth Rocks or remove its item with Knock Off. Expert Belt bluffs Power Herb which your opponent would assume you have, and gives you an edge over niche items like Life Orb and Air Balloon which are dead giveaways that you aren't packing Meteor Beam.

You lack Twave here, so rather than sacrifice an important slot you can just run Thunder for the 30% Paralysis and more power. This works well in tandem with Sludge Bomb due to status spreading, but if you want even more power just run Sludge Wave.​

Nihilego @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Spa / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- pain split
- Acid Spray
- substitute

The idea is to remove ground types and steel types see this shit go whack. But wait does the meteor beam does that better right but who cares since this ou next best thing lol. You can(idfk) change the EVs to not break sub by bliss but idk.
You can give this calcs but what's the point since this thing is either gonna hard carry you or just a magikarp in MUs. Like it can break stall kinda but if they packed with ground steel (basically sand) even a wooper will be better.

Hello there!

I'm sorry for the sudden stop, I've been extremely busy irl lately and I'm not really having much time and energy to regularly keep up with any of the projects I host.

I'll get to this project as soon as I can, but since I'm only going to get busier and I know agslash23 is as well, I'd like to know if anyone is interested in helping us. If you are, I encourage you to PM me either here or on Discord.

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Cycle 66 Submission phase is over! Time to vote!

Featured Pokémon

:ss/Nihilego:

Submissions

:Focus Sash: Suicide Lead by Dorron
:Life Orb: Meteor Beam by RedDiamond1024
:Choice Specs: Knock-off by Tio Chico
:Air Balloon: Utility by SLDR
:Black Sludge: Venoshock (Box Jellyfish) by hozuuu
:Life Orb: Charge Beam by r1dude
:Black Sludge: Acid Spray by nameless90
:Choice Scarf: Choice Scarf by powergo1
:Expert Belt: Expert Belt by Smashburn
:Black Sludge: Substitute by FreshJuice

Got late due to IRL commitments, sorry for that.

You can vote for 2 sets, in no particular order.
You have 2 days to vote!
:Nihilego: Reminder: you cannot for your own submission. :Nihilego:

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey! I love Nihilego, and this round was fantastic all around!

The winner of cycle is…

E6324878-5A04-4792-A91C-A57D669C019F.jpeg

:Black Sludge: Venoshock (Box Jellyfish) by hozuuu

:Focus Sash: Suicide Lead by Dorron - 2
:Life Orb: Meteor Beam by RedDiamond1024 - 1
:Choice Specs: Knock-off by Tio Chico - 1
:Air Balloon: Utility by SLDR -2
:Black Sludge: Venoshock (Box Jellyfish) by hozuuu - 2
:Life Orb: Charge Beam by r1dude - 1
:Black Sludge: Acid Spray by nameless90 - 1
:Choice Scarf: Choice Scarf by powergo1 - 1
:Expert Belt: Expert Belt by Smashburn - 0
:Black Sludge: Substitute by FreshJuice

Cycle 69 - Celesteela

:ss/celesteela:

Celesteela is a somewhat recent staple on hyper offensive teams thanks to its good defensive profile, and its powerful offensive presence with Meteor Beam. It has an invaluable typing that, in tandem with its good defenses, let it easily set up with Automotize and Meteor Beam and snowball out of control very quickly. These tools make it very useful on hyper offense, a famous example being Felix’s Double Meteor HO. It has a solid movepool, with good utility options like Leech Seed and a decent array of offensive options.

BANNED SETS
:Power Herb:

The deadline for submissions is next Saturday, April 16. Good luck, cannot wait to see your teams!​

Last edited:

Celesteela @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Earthquake

I decided to make cb celesteela since it has a respectable base 101 attack stat. The moves I chose are simply the best I could find in its movepool, iron head, edgequake, and super power.

Edit: Drpumpkinz suggested heavy slam over iron head due to steela's immense weight, so that change has been made

Last edited:
Offensive Celesteela
:ss/celesteela:
Celesteela @ Expert Belt :expert belt:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Rash Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Heavy Slam
- Giga Drain / Leech Seed / (Air Slash)

Celesteela has a great selection of coverage which works well with its bulk and typing. This allows it to hit a decent portion of the tier super-effectively, and annoy the rest. The given spread is intended to give Celesteela as much offensive output as possible while preserving some longevity, as it has no passive recovery. Celesteela can run a wide variety of natures depending on your preferred targets. These include Modest, Rash, Timid, Naive, Mild, and Hasty, while sets which opt for a bulkier spread and less speed can run Quiet.

Earthquake hits grounded Electric-types and Heatran, in addition to Toxapex and Slowking-Galar which otherwise wall it. Fire Blast is the preferred coverage option, putting dents in Steel-types while removing Buzzwole. Heavy Slam hits Fairy-types and Weavile, while denting Dragapult, Tyranitar, and SpD Landorus. Giga Drain pokes the Slowtwins, other bulky Water-types, and neutral targets for small recovery, while Leech Seed offers Celesteela a way to annoy special walls. Air Slash hits Fighting-types and Volcarona, while being a way to flinch-cheese checks, at the cost of Grass-types coverage and recovery.

Classic Steela
438C6FF3-E043-4C1E-BA4E-A17C72B3F156.gif

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Earthquake/Protect/Toxic​

The iconic set from SuMo before Corv came to outclass it. It has a few niches over Corv. It is one of the few mons in the tier that is capable of checking both Pult and Lele while avoiding a 2HKO from Specs Focus Blast. Access to Toxic and EQ ensures that Volcanion, Blace, Tran, Zone, or Zapdos don’t come in for free whereas Corv tends to be clumped into a 50/50 where if it defogs then it gives a free turn for dangerous threats and if not, rocks stay up. It does poorly vs defensive regen cores and despises Knock Off. Pairing it with wish from Clef and a strong breaker lets it do its job as a check to the dangerous Lele/Pult core.

TheSergio235

Banned deucer.

To the moon and further

Apolo 11 (Celesteela) @ Occa Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Autotomize

I present to you all one of if not the most epic set for a setup mon. The idea of the set is pretty simple, lure in a fire type like Heatran and set up on them once you have done that you probably have consumed the Occa Berry and that allows your acrobatics to be 110 BPAlternatively this set can also lure in and destroy Volcanion with a little bit of chip and Volcarona in case your team is weak to it

Hope you guys like the set and have a nice day you all!!!

(I know I can only submit one set but I felt obligated to share this one below)

Apolo 11 (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

This set is classic Celesteela but that beats the majority of Iron Defense Magnezones since you are faster and once u get the leech seed you can sub until they are in the range of flamethrower

(As a clarification I will be sharing the first set this one is only a bonus for the community)

Peum

formerly Mandibuladel5555
Destroyer of Counters

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge
- Flamethrower​

This set is characterized by bringing Magnezone, Tapu Koko or Heatran and destroying them with an earthquake that ohkos magnezone and gets koko and heatran to 20% while also having coverage to ohko lele, kartana and volcarona and resisting almost every special attack thrown at it.

Calcs:
252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Assault Vest Celesteela in Electric Terrain: 158-188 (39.6 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
92 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 182-216 (64.7 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Assault Vest Celesteela: 140-168 (35.1 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after trapping damage
92 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 304-360 (78.7 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Assault Vest Celesteela: 252-296 (63.3 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
92 Atk Celesteela Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 284-336 (101 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

92 Atk Celesteela Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 156 Def Volcarona: 364-432 (97.5 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
16 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Assault Vest Celesteela: 134-158 (33.6 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 164+ SpD Assault Vest Celesteela: 152-180 (38.1 - 45.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
92 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 362-428 (128.8 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
1649872938977.png
Metal Sound Celesteela

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Metal Sound

Celesteela has a great selection of coverage which works well with its bulk and typing, especially alongside Metal Sound. Metal Sound is not as effective as Nasty Plot, but it has a good niche over the latter move (despite the lower accuracy): you are free to switch-out with your opponent still at -2 SpD, you can use it to overwhelm an Unaware user, and it forces additional switch-outs. The given spread is meant to give Celesteela as much offensive output as possible while preserving some bulk, as it has no passive recovery outside Leftovers.

The loss of Earthquake is high, though. Fire Blast or Flamethrower is the preferred coverage option, whereas Flash Cannon and Giga Drain are more niche. Metal Sound allows to hit at least neutrally many targets with the former three moves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)