[OU]Offensive Team

[UPDATED - Version 1.4]

This is the second team in awhile that I tried putting together.
My last team was stall based but now I wanted to go back to direct damage
. So I wanted to create an offensive team.
This team has gone through a lot of revisions but I want to stick Pokemon I like and think are cool haha.
Sadly the Pokemon I like are pretty standard but when creating this team,
I knew Infernape MUST be on this team!

First Look of Team:

WEAVILE | SWAMPERT | SCIZOR | SALAMENCE | INFERNAPE | VAPOREON

Weavile @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty (+Spe -Def)
Trait: Pressure
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Counter / Ice Punch
- Night Slash / Ice Punch

Weavile is my lead or rather my anti-lead.
With so many taunter leads, it got annoying because I can set-up.
So I thought I'd finally join in and prevent people from setting up.
Fake Out to break Focus Sash on suicide leads than proceed to Taunt.
After that, I either switch out or stay in and attack.
Counter if I know I can but I'm not sure if I want Ice Punch over Counter or not.
Night Slash is to take care of the common Azelf but I want ice punch to for Aerodactyl and Roserade.
So far though, with my test on Shoddy battle, he is preforming is job well.

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relexed (+Def -Spe)
Trait: Torrent
- Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Now that I stopped my opponent from setting up, I can set-up my own.
Come in and Stealth Rock and attack, Swampert is the standard Mixpert.
I went with Roar because I wanted a phazer and to annoy my opponent.
Sending in Swampert usually attracts Grass attacks, a lot of the time its Gengar.
That is where Scizor comes in or send in Infernape and Nasty Plot as they switch out.

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 160 HP / 180 Atk / 160 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
Trait: Technician
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is another one of my favorite Pokemon. He comes in and revenge kill many opposing Pokemon (or damage cause I suck at predicting).
He comes in for my Swampert and Infernape when they attract Latias, Gengar, and other Psychics.
Pursuit for those that fear Scizor and Bullet Punch is just amazing so little is needed to be said.
For his Ev spread I wanted Scizor to be more bulky to take a hit or two from Latias on the switch in and out.

Salamence @ Life Orb
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive (+Spd -SpDef)
Trait: Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

I already know my Infernape will be a special sweeper, I wanted something physical.
I wanted a dragon and I originally had wanted Dragonite but sadly Salamence is the better of the two for this set
Salamence can be very destructive once he get Dragon Dance off.Though he is very powerful before Dragon Dance.
Fire Blast and Earthquake for any steel types come his way and switch to Infernape or Swampert when Magnezone comes in.

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive (+Spd -SpDef)
Trait: Blaze
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot / Hidden Power [Ice]

Infernape is my absolute favorite Pokemon, who doesn't love monkeys on fire?!
I think Infernape is very versatile with all the moves it can learn.
For my Infernape, I want him to be a Special Mixed Sweeper.
Infernape tries to come in to something it knows that it can scare and use Nasty Plot.
Than proceed to sweep with Vaporeon, Scizor, and others on the team to cover his weakness.
With his wide variety of attacks, Infernape is able to hit many targets.
If everything goes according to plan, he should a lot of damage to the opposing team.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
Bold (+Def -Atk)
Trait: Water Absorb
- Wish
-Protetc
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]

To round my team up, the last spot goes to Vaporeon.
I want something that can easily take on Gyarados, Heatran, and Infernape.
Due to its mammoth HP, moderate Defense, Water Absorb, and resistance to Fire; it makes a excellently choice.
Along with having Surf and HP Electric, Vaporeon is able to take them out.
Wish can also be useful, as it heals damage that my team takes from Life Orb recoil, entry damage, or battle damage.

Last Look at Team:

3 Weakness to Fire (After Occa Berry)
2 Weakness to Thunder
2 Weakness to Ground

Overall, it seems like Zapdos can set up and kill you. You're going to need something with Stone Edge on it. Also, any Ground types will help, since they negate all the Electricity.
Fire is another main concern, but you do have Gyarados to help. I can't think of a good pokemon right now, but I'll give you one when I get the chance.

You seem to have some trouble with a few notable threats, such as Taunt Gyarados, Life Orb Heatran and Infernape. Taunt Gyarados can switch in on Scizor and Infernape, get a Dragon Dance and outspeed your whole team. This Gyarados can also take down your Water resists quite nicely. Breloom is hit by Taunt so it can't Spore Gyarados where it can then get a few more Dragon Dances, whilst your own Gyarados is outsped and KOed with Stone Edge. Life Orb Heatran can easily threaten your entire team. Three of your Pokemon are weak to Fire, so that's some bad news so far. Your Fire resists are Gyarados and Infernape, but neither of them do too good against Heatran. Gyarados is weak to Stealth Rock and holds a Life Orb, so it runs the risk of being 2HKOed by a Life Orb Heatran, while Infernape is much too frail to switch into Heatran. Infernape poses a similar problem, with its STAB Fire Blast causing a lot of pain to your team and your resistances not doing too good against it (Gyarados gets smashed by Stone Edge and residual damage wears it down, Infernape is very frail).

I recommend you use a Vaporeon in the place of your Togekiss.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers | Bold
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
Surf | HP Electric | Wish | Protect

I feel as if Togekiss' spot could be better utilized. Your team doesn't particualrly need paralysis support, considering Scizor has priority, Gyarados is boosting its speed and Infernape is already very fast. So therefore, Togekiss is providing support that isn't necessary at all. Vaporeon would do much better in Togekiss' slot. It can easily take on Gyarados, Heatran and Infernape excellently due to its mammoth HP, moderate Defense, Water Absorb, resistance to Fire and having Surf and HP Electric to take them out. Wish can also be useful, as it heals damage that Metagross, Scizor and Breloom may have taken while tanking as well as Life Orb recoil on your Gyarados and Infernape.

On Metagross, I don't really like the use of Explosion. Metagross has some excellent resistances and bulk, so it'll be a good idea to preserve that for later on in the game, since Scizor is your only other Steel-type. I suggest using Earthquake over Explosion. This allows Metagross to do some damage against Infernape, Heatran, Jirachi and other Metagross. I also want you to use a Lum Berry instead of Occa Berry. Since you have Vaporeon to take hits from Heatran and Infernape, Lum Berry would be more useful, so Metagross can beat Smeargle and Roserade one-on-one.

I would recommend a more specially bulky EV spread for your Scizor. With more Special Defense, Scizor can switch into Latias much easier, so you can Pursuit it out of the game. Your Infernape is walled by Latias, so taking it out very efficiently would be a godsent for Infernape. An EV spread of 160 HP / 180 Atk / 168 SpD can do the trick excellently, tanking many special attacks and still hitting very hard.

Finally, I'd like you to try out a Jolly nature on your Gyarados. Since you are boosting your damage output with Life Orb, having some extra Speed means Gyarados can sweep much more effectively. The main benefit of using a Jolly nature is that Gyarados will outspeed Jolteon and Choice Scarf Heatran, both of which can otherwise revenge kill Gyarados easily.

Good luck with your team.

[UPDATED]

Everything above is still being considered but I went ahead and changed somethings. Tested the team on Shoddy and work already for the most part. Just to note, Togekiss and Infernape have already been EV trained so no drastic changes can be done to them.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well first of all Salmence does this current Dragonites job better. Also I presume this team is for Wifi?

Next what is with all the thunder waves? Your team does not need para support at all. Give it recover for longativity.

Also I still think that NP Mixape suits this team better and it can handle most water types once it gets a boost.

I agree with Ginganinja, Recovery>Para support for this team. you are bulkey and quick enough to out run most common threats, no need to stun first.

Also...
Protip: EV train after your RMT thread has died. that way you know all the suggested builds, can try them all, and can make the best team possible before spending hours grinding on Zubat XD

GL with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)