Project OU Teambuilding Competition V8 (Round 24: Building: Post #721 Page 29: Mega Latias + Togekiss)

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if manaphy doesn't have psychic, it is doing a crap ton to toxic roam with +3 ice beam. slowbro is just twaving everything in practice which is problematic with passho volc and non heal bell altaria. gyarados i was mainly referring to its typing + intimidate which seems to check half your team even with its offensively inclined spreads. also sigh that you have no way to break past gliscor, rotom-w, or hippowdon which is kind of pathetic.

basically, scarf jirachi is useless at this point when mixrachi will clear path ways for scizor and toxicroak to spam their stabs: iron head / energy ball / hp ground / thunderbolt with expert belt (sorry typo). this also lets you run heal bell roost hyper voice fire blast alt which can tear some holes once you lure things with jirachi :0 mixalt is honestly so much more effective for this team so try these two sets out :pirate:
just wanted to say that mixed alt wasnt working out for me but thanks for the mixrachi suggestion [:

team 2

Something that could've been cool too is a build with toxic m-alt, maybe on a balanced/semistall team that had counterplay for talonflame in the long run (aka not shit like tankchomp and toxic tran), that would have been based around a Volc sweep. Just food for thought

Reactions: AM

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 2 by bludz has won Round 6. It was super close between Team 2 and Team 6 with the vote above breaking the tie. Good job I've posted your team into Hall Of Fame already and nice work everyone. Ok so for this round as I stated previously we'll be touching upon a concept. Thanks to Aldo since we talked about stuff a bit and I decided to go with one of the things we talked about. Round 7 the concept will be....

Round 7 Concept: Dark Spam

Round 7 will be focusing on building a team that emphasizes the usage of a "Dark Spam", which is the usage of Dark types moves to overload teams through the pressure by typing and or offensive pressure. Let's see some cool teams and discussion in how to utilize this concept. Enjoy.

Team 2 by bludz has won Round 6. It was super close between Team 2 and Team 6 with the vote above breaking the tie. Good job I've posted your team into Hall Of Fame already and nice work everyone. Ok so for this round as I stated previously we'll be touching upon a concept. Thanks to Aldo since we talked about stuff a bit and I decided to go with one of the things we talked about. Round 7 the concept will be....

Round 7 Concept: Dark Spam

Round 7 will be focusing on building a team that emphasizes the usage of a "Dark Spam", which is the usage of Dark types moves to overload teams through the pressure by typing and or offensive pressure. Let's see some cool teams and discussion in how to utilize this concept. Enjoy.
would you mind providing an example?

Really excited for this week's concept, great idea. Been meaning to build an offensive x-spam team next (was gonna try electric spam but w/e) so this is really cool.

I expect we'll see a lot of offence and some quite similar builds as type spam doesn't really fit a defensive team due to lack of defensive synergy. Offensive pressure to wear down checks, speed control, spike stack to capitalise on switches, that sort of thing. Hopefully we'll get some thinking outside the box though, maybe some umbreon/M-sab stall o_O

This is a great thread, what I have is probably not great but let's see how far my nomination can go:

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Healing Wish

I started off with Weavile Bisharp and Scizor because they form a terrifying offensive core in my opinion. The priorities, the coverage and the typing of these Pokemon are all very solid and in every game I played, one at least would end up sweeping.
I decided to support them with Latias and Azumarill because it would give me plently of options to play around a Keldeo. On top of that, Azumarill can benefit from the way they pressure Rotom-Wash or Ferrothorn.
Finally, I needed Stealth Rock so I chose Landorus-T because it can check physical threats like no other Pokemon!

I hope I didn't do too bad, please be nice xP

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Play Rough

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
As soon as I saw this week's core I knew I wanted to build around Bisharp and Weavile. These two form an incredibly effective dual-SD dual-priority core to blast through the opponent's team. Either one can wallbreak, weakening their checks and counters to a point where the other can clean. In addition to blinding speed, Weavile brings two of the three most spammable attacking types in ou right now. With iron head, Bisharp destroys the fairy types such as Clefable which threaten the team and Lum berry allows him to set up on M-Sableye which can be a problem for the other members. Defiant also punishes defog, which brings me to the next member -

No HO squad is complete without spikes support and speed control. If Bish and Weavile weren't scary enough before, try adding spikes to the mix, capitalising on the forced switches and turning 2HKOs into 1HKOs. Priority T-wave is fantastic utility for set-up sweepers, scarfers and to slow down the faster threats to Bish and Garde. 2 attacks Klefki is a lord, play rough + foul play adds to the dark spam and is resisted only by Mawile (lol) and opposing Klefki giving him a surprisingly decent offensive presence. Plus once the opponent sees foul play they will assume their Sableye is safe to come in to block spikes while you nail it on the switch for the 2HKO after rocks. I don't miss magnet rise, no one EQs a Klefki any more as magnet rise is so common :]

Mega-Gardevoir with spikes and T-wave support is just stupid. Garde is the team's main wall- and stall-breaker, wearing down teams with incredibly powerful hyper voice, and blocking recovery, status and set-up with taunt. Psyshock for the likes of Chansey and M-Venu. Garde offers a vital fighting-type counter with her quad-fighting resist making up for Bish and Weavile's weaknesses. Timid to outspeed the likes of Breloom pre-evo. Most importantly, Garde stops the team getting destroyed by M-Sableye. Trace pre-evo improves the matchup vs rain and sand. T-wave support helps Garde vs faster threats and the spikes support makes her an even more effective breaker.

So I had the MVPs, now I needed to look at utility, defensive synergy and still needed something for fire types and bulky waters. Starmie with thunderbolt beats the likes of Keldeo for the team plus offers vital water and fighting resists. Rapid spin just in case but to be honest due to the offensive nature of the team I rarely need it, however it does come in handy occasionally vs opposing spike stack. Hydro pump for power and HP fire lures Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Scarf Lando checks the threatening electrics - Raikou, M-Mane and Thundurus - which otherwise destroy this team. He also beats CharY and Talonflame, provides stealth rocks, and u-turn for momentum/safe switch-ins, as well as making an excellent revenge killer. Rock slide over stone edge as it still KOs charY and Talon and missing sucks. Setting rocks with a scarfed mon can be a bit of a momentum drain but actually works in your favour sometimes, as setting rocks on a forced switch early on lets you bluff a non-scarf set to net a surprise KO later in the match.

Last edited:
I'm extremely happy with this team - I would've loved replays, but low ladder is literally the bane of my existence.

Sharagon (Garchomp) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw

Kosta (Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Bedelia (Azumarill) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Marx (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Fractals (Meloetta) @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 132 Atk / 144 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Psychic

Strong and Tall (Venusaur-Mega) (F) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The first big problem I saw with Darkspam was the Knock Off mechanics - in other words, if you Knock Off a Pokemon once, subsequent Knock Offs will do less damage. Also, the popular core of Bisharp + Weavile seemed to be too mainstream to really stand out in this competition. Therefore, I went with a combination of Bisharp and Tyranitar - Bisharp can Swords Dance to clean up the mess if needed, while Tyranitar isn't bothered by the Knock Off mechanics due to using Crunch. Since both are exceptionally weak to fighting-types, Meloetta can come in after either one falls to a Fighting-type and force out or straight-up KO them. Meloetta can also lure in opposing Dark tpyes, which are resistant to Knock Off, Relic Song up on them, and smack them with a Close Combat. It also deals with Gengar - even though I'm running two Dark-types, neither can switch into Gengar, and a well-timed Focus Blast ends both of them. Meloetta-Pirouette's blazing speed also helps in cleaning up the mess that the team leaves behind. M-Venusaur gives me a switch-in to Fighting-types, which Meloetta doesn't give, and a secondary way to deal with Fairies. It also synergizes well with the Darkspam core, as they remove the Psychic-types that plague M-Venusaur; Tyranitar also deals with Talonflame to an extent. Azumarill is just a fantastic wallbreaker in general, but on this team, it deals with opposing bulky grounds, as well as another answer to Fighting-types; a second form of priority is also enjoyed, since even though Tyranitar's rocking a Choice Scarf, it doesn't even hit the 120 base speed benchmark, so it still finds itself outsped by most of the fastmons in the tier. Superpower is used over Knock Off to lure threats like Ferrothorn, and to keep Meloetta's and Bisharp's Knock Offs at full power. Lastly, Offensive Garchomp catches almost everyone by surprise these days, such is the widespread use of Tankchomp. It was added as a suicide lead, but it honestly doesn't need to be used as one; Fire Blast is one of the main ways this team hits Skarmory, and it can easily lure in opposing Dragon-types that think they can abuse BulkyChomp's low speed. It also provides a secondary Ground coverage, if Tyranitar's Earthquake doesn't seem to cut it.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Poison Jab

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Raikou @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Looking at Dark Spam, I decided to try a HO build with Mega Sharpedo + Bisharp. Klefki made an excellent partner to this duo, as Mega Sharpedo appreciates Spikes support, and Bisharp naturally deters Defog with Defiant. Sand was pretty dangerous, and Lando-T provides a nice ground immunity as well as SR. I went with Soft Sand to break through defensive cores better, such as Chansey, and Ferrothorn, which Mega Sharpedo appreciates weakened. Talonflame was a threat, so I went with Raikou to check it offensively. It still doesn't beat SD Talon, but Lando-T can also take a hit even at +2 with Intimidate, so I have 2 checks for it - still a huge threat, though. Latias was my last team member, which provides HW support. I went with Trick to break defensive teams, as well as outspeed Serperior, which is a very huge threat. [[:

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Zen Headbutt

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Binding Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Protect
- Earth Power

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Tailwind

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

probably gonna optimize some spreads to avoid specific stuff, stay tuned. nah lol

So I figured that everyone would be building Weavile + Bisharp teams, and decided to go ahead and build something a little different, namely Mega Sharpedo and Bisharp. Pairing these two together makes a lot of sense, since Bisharp is able to wallbreak while Sharpedo can clean lategame and doesn't struggle with things like Hippowdon. I opted for Zen Headbutt on Sharpedo in order to lure in things like Mega Venusaur and Keldeo, which would give the core a few problems. Next I wanted to add Magma Trapper Heatran to deal with stuff like Ferrothorn, Sableye, and Venusaur, while getting chip damage on things like Rotom-W and Keldeo. Binding Band is a little out there, but it removes 1/6th of a mons health each turn as opposed to 1/8th, which means Keldeo can't actually switch into Magma Storm twice with Rocks. The additional chip damage is incredible, and greatly appreciated on this sort of team. At this point I was ridiculously Mach Punch and water weak and wasn't interested in getting Pursuit trapped and run over by Keldeo, so I switched Sharpedo over to Life Orb and added Mega Altaria. I decided to go with the special attacker set since I wasn't hyped about get crippled by a rogue Scald. Threw on Tailwind as a last option since the rest of the team was looking pretty slow and a burst of speed could be a huge game changer. Garchomp was added for an additional wallbreaker and Stealth Rocker. Lastly I threw Balloon / Magnet Rise Excadrill on as a way of dealing with Excadrill, since the team got completely annihilated by it. The additional Fairy and Steel check was also greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Toxic

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Rain Dance
Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Toxic

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Drain Punch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gunk Shot
For those who haven't seen me use this or other variants in the past, I built this team with some help from my man Zamrock and it had some great success on the ladder. The primary focus was using Mega Sharpedo, a dangerous threat that could sweep offensive teams with very little support. Garchomp is the best partner for it because it can set up Stealth Rock and shuffle around crucial damage to common switch-ins like Keldeo for example. Klefki checks an enormous portion of the metagame and brings spikes which happens to work excellently with Dragon Tail. Toxic is incorporated to lure in Landorus-T and Garchomp and gives me the flexibility of running Poison Jab on Sharpedo. At this point, Wobbefut would be an ideal trapping Pokemon which lets me remove practically any one of Mega Sharpedo's offensively inclined checks. Now, this is where Zamrock comes in with SubSplit Gengar to terrorize common balance teams with its typing and STAB combo.

The last teamslot is actually given to Kabutops with a set of Rain Dance / Waterfall / Stone Edge / Superpower as it basically provides a "Physical Water SPAM" core > a "Dark SPAM" core. However, in the current state of the metagame, stall teams plague the ladder, so Hoopa-U replaces Kabutops at the cost of losing to Will-O-Wisp Talonflame. Hoopa-U completes the Dark SPAM core as requested and its special bulk is extremely valuable for checking threats such as Rotom-W for example.

This team is weak to Electric types such as Mega Manectric, Thundurus, and the aformentioned Rotom-W (Raikou isn't too threatening) which is why Hoopa-U still performs well over Kabutops, but let's be real: what team isn't weak to Electrics?

replay v. typical olt ladderer

Last edited:

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psychic

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

So all I see is bisharp, weavile, Sharpedo for good reasons and nowadays for you are part of the norm you will most likely get burned to the stake. However, I am willing to take that risk. So today in my entry of the competition I am going down the very bulky offense. This team requires making plays and doubles which makes it a fun team. Sorry for being on the lower ladder on my testing alt so please use it if you are a kinesthetic learner copy and use the team. So let’s dive in the explanation and hopefully I get far.

Anyways, first out of the two “dark spam” belong to mega tyranitar. Well what else do you need a mega with a base 164 attack with access to dragon dance and able to set up on a handful of common special attackers because of sand stream and added bulk allows it to become dangerous after even just one DD. Fire punch to kill ferrothorn, and defense scizors (in specific situations).

Next, on the list is scarfed hoopa for revenge killing or surprising opponents. Because of the “advantage” of Hyperspace Fury it is an extremely spammable move and I have enough attack to kill mega metagross from full. I also have drain punch for catching weavile off guard. Which I found funny from time to time.

Next, is the mon who stops dark spam to a certain extent. That is Conkeldurr. Yes, life orb, sheer force, because I would to be able to kill and have fun with it. most of dark spams team that I have seen their team mates consist of mons that are weak to t-punch and ice punch which I find funny when I one shot everything that comes in.Also enough speed to outspeed base 70 mons

Next, is one of the Lati@ twins which is latios. I prefer the calm mind set another sweeper but latios doesn’t need anything expect psyshock and Draco with recover.

Next, is Excadrill another common mon you see on sand offense with its common set. It is self explanatory.

Finally, Landous-t so I won’t get 6-0 by other sand offense and another check to Talonflame and making sure I don’t lose to lopunny. I did have a custap lead skarmory but that was a terrible idea.

These are not seriously replays because the ladder is... let's just say weird so this is what I have to deal with during the 100 battles I played to fixed this team up. These are fun replays.

T-Tar sweep one
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-279587413
The importanace of Conk
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-279621475
When you use Y on a rain team?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-279630858
T-Tar COMEBACK
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-279879887

Last edited:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

so me and yuruuu were chatting about darkspam ho the other night and he gave me this idea to use this sexy freezing core to build around. initially i had my doubts about this core but aft giving it a few test runs, its actually pretty cool and fun. bogstandard volt turn is used in this because its one of the easiest ways to bring the two icy mons. dual dark ho means an exaggerated weakness to fairy offense (esp those that packed mgarde and clef) so fast taunt tran with flash cannon was included in the team. magma storm is used over lava plume because i love the high feeling i get whenever i miss 75% accuracy moves 5 times in a row it helps to ease switches on my end and since this team requires momentum, magma storm is an interesting move that helps to regain lost momentum despite the fact that my mons are 100% blind. i initially wanted to run colorlati (hp fire + energy ball + dual stab) but having defog on this team was pretty essential because i get destroyed by hazards + zardx and i ended up going with energy ball over hp fire because water spam rly just tears this team a new hole. fat landot was included because it helps with the zard x issue and non low kick weavile is already dealt with by the two dark types. one rly decent option for this team is to run cbsciz over fat landot but landot's bulk and immunity to ground typing gives us more of an option against sand offense. i have to play extremely aggressively with this team and as such taunt is pretty useful on tran for stall matchups. water spam easily destroys this team so you gotta be a bit careful when playing with this team. aerial ace on sneasel is for fighting type switch ins and sd over low kick is viable option on weavile.

e: after further discussion scizor has been replaced by landot despite how splashable landot is ;;

e2: overheat is slashed alongside flamethrower on manec because you dw random steel types to hang on with 20-30% because of the low power of flamethrower. however this is entirely personal so if you prefer consistency, go with flamethrower. if you want to end games fast and furiously then overheat helps to speed games up with the drawback of making this team even more hit and run based. same goes with latios. i opted with flamethrower and dragon pulse on both manec and lati because i liked the consistency it provided as well as how it made momentum easier to retain for said team.
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat / Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Aerial Ace

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick / Swords Dance

Last edited:
Better late than never xD

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Trick

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Icy Wind
- Heat wave

I'm always building Balanced, so I thought maybe I can build a HO team this time ^.^. Since I don't like Azelf much, and because SD Garchomp is slept on, I chose Lum SD Garchomp w/ rocks as my dedicated lead. Then I chose my two dark spammers. I didn't want typical weavile+bisharp, so I used crawdaunt+hoopa-u, which is a core that actually tears apart balanced ruthlessly. With a Focus Sash on Crawdaunt and Choice Scarf on Hoopa-U, my matchup vs. offensive teams just got twice as better, Trick on Hoopa-U is also neat vs. stall. The biggest check to dark spam in general is Keldeo, so I just slapped offensive Starmie (w/ no psychic stab kek) to punch some holes in teams, T-bolt was chosen over Psyshock to hit Azumarill, which otherwise really annoys this team. The team was looking super weak to fairies, and what better mega than Mega Metagross than patch that weakness? Finally, LO Tornadus was slapped because it destroys bulky teams that have an answer to dark spam, such as Hippowdon / Skarm cores. Icy Wind was chosen because it destroys Lando-T and Tank Chomp (Which switch a lot -.-) so that the dark dou can have a much better time. Heat Wave was chosen over FB / U-turn / Taunt because Skarmory and Ferrothorn are pretty annoying.

e: why is this team 4 giants and 2 hobbits ...

Built this in conjunction with my buddy ArchPhantom, so as always thanks man, the team wouldn't be the same without you :]

Oh, where to begin with this one. First off, props to the person who suggested this versatile core for the Comp this week, for both making our teambuilding fun and one heck of an annoyance. I should preface this by saying that we created about 4 teams in the process of trying to build one, and those won’t be covered for reasons unknown to mankind.

The TB process began with Hydreigon. Unbeknownst to most OU ladder regulars, this mon unfortunately hasn’t gotten the credit that it deserves for being the balance breaker that it is. From this we had our mandate; utilize Hydreigon in a way that would enhance the team’s effectiveness. Sub Hydreigon was a set that allowed us to practically get a kill while the other team did the Samba, trying to dance around this monster, so we rolled with it.

After pushing ideas back and forth, Arch suggested MegaGross, which was an amazing suggestion, given the great synergy the two mons have; furthermore, these two literally broke balance into pieces, and would pave the way for a cleaner of our choosing. One thing that we had to note however, was that we were weak to several threats, including Electrics, Talonflame, Mega Scizor, Weavile, Sand Offense and Bisharp.

Keldeo was our next pick. RestTalk Keldeo solved some of these weaknesses, primarily the Scizor, Weavile and Bisharp weakness. It also helped the core pivot into stuff like Bulky Chomp and Landorus-T.

Obviously we had a massive Electric weakness, and we figured the best way to solve this would be to add sand. Bulky Ttar fixed the massive electric weakness that our team possessed, while providing some nichze Pursuit trapping. This synergized amazingly well with Keldeo and Hydreigon, being able to trap Latis and the like.

Excadrill was the next logical member to add, being able to clean up the wreckage that MegaGross and Hydreigon would cause. Moreover, it synergized particularly well with MegaGross, as it weakened common checks such as Landorus-T and Hippowdon with Meteor Mash and Grass Knot.

Celebi was the final addition to the team, acting as glue and securing the objective of the team. NastyPass to Keldeo/Hydreigon is lethal to any balance team, and being able to effectively check Keldeo, Mega Lopunny and Mega Diancie was also beneficial.

Finally, the last, and most important part of any team, was deciding the nicknames. And after the 45 hours it took to complete this process, we finally had our squad :]

So there you have it folks, our team!

Smaug (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon

Windows 95 (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot
- Hammer Arm

Denver (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

McM (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Shallot (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 112 SpD / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover

R-Keldy (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Secret Sword

http://pastebin.com/nKzVZFmq
Replays were broken when we tested ;_;

TL;DR:

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
only doing this cus i already have a team made for it :D

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 236 HP / 240 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic

The team is built so that Doom and Weavile overload each others counters, with a Psychic-based defensive backing to have an easier time beating the offensive Fighting types of the tier. Normally for a spam-type team I like using HO, but I decided on balance for this one since Dark types tend to have absolute ass defensive synergy with anything. Anyways, team is Weavile + Doom for your offensive presence and darkspam, Starmie is there for Rapid Spin and to help with Keldeo, Lando-T brings SR and stops Char X from shitting on the team, Scizor is there for Fairy-types in general and keeps you from getting swept outright by Clef, and Mew beats a good chunk of the stuff that beats Doom-Weavile. The sets are pretty standard on Doom, Weavile, and Starmie. Lando-T is Rocky Helmet to help with U-turn spam, Scizor is Iron Plate just because of personal preference (LO dies fast as hell) and has some speed creep, Mew is mostly standard, other than my spread, which gives Mew a Leftovers number and lets it beat MLop. I know he didn't read this far so I'd like to just mention that AM is a shemale irl. The team's threats include mostly just rain being a pain, and Fire Blast Clef can be annoying if you predict wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)