Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost
- Foul Play

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

The core dies to Electrics so I decided I would put TWO ground types instead of being forced to use a Hippowdon, which is not really something I ever feel particularly comfortable using. With this core, a bulkier road has to be gone, so I went with Mega Steelix, which is the best Clefable counter as it is immune to both Thunder Wave and Toxic, (haha Slowbro). Ferrothorn was added for Spikes and as a general utility Pokemon, also checks stuff like Manaphy lacking HP Fire, so basically my Manaphy check is switching around dodging its coverage. Keldeo has Stone Edge because the team is so weak to Electrics, and Charizard-Y to a certain extent, and if I can bop Thundurus on the switch-in my life would be 10 times easier. Golurk because I wanted a secondary Ground type that could check like Breloom and stuff. There we go. Or you can put Latios which I probably will. I just wanted to use a Golurk.

Last edited:

I chose Mega Slowbro Calm Mind, bulky and immunity to critical hit. Of course he only mega evolves at the end of the match, serving as a good sponge during the match with Regenerator and receiving less damage from Knock Off.
Mandibuzz Defog. Ghost and Dark resistance, STAB Foul Play.
I put Jirachi because Rocks are necessary, and it is my switch against Mega Gardevoir and Wish support.
Status are terrible against Slowbro and Mandibuzz, so I needed Heal Bell, Clefable is a great option against WoW and Toxic. Knock Off because it helps much against Heatran.
A Ground-type is very necessary because Slowbro and Mandibuzz are weak to Electric moves, Quagsire stops Volt Switch Raikou, Mega Manectric and others, is still one of the few counters of Bisharp.
Finally, the team was very weak against Mega Charizard Y, so I used a very unusual Pokémon, but that fit very well in the team. Rest Talk Goodra stops Mega Charizard Y, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss and Rotom-W. Easily resists to Scald. Dragon Tail forces changes, and with Body Slam I can get some paralyzes. The EVs in speed is to be faster than Mega venusaur, Suicune, Mandibuzz and Heatran with 68 EVs speed (current spread of damage calculator).

Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Goodra (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 128 SpD / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Body Slam

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Past SPL Champion
I'm not Italian.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off / Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock / Scald
- Thunder Wave / Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 12 Spe
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave / Reflect Type
- Recover
Basically just a few cores thrown together here. Clefable is the perfect partner for Mandibuzz and Slowbro, checking Electrics and in general just being a fantastic partner to Slowbro.
Next I threw fast Heatran in as a pretty nice check to some threats that hadn't been covered yet like Mega Scizor and Mega Charizard Y. Heatran also gets Rocks, and can provide a backup check to Bisharp too if neccesary which is nice. Toxic can help catch things like Rotom-W on the switchin, and in general is just nice to allow Slowbro to beat other bulky Waters 1v1.
Like BroClef, FerroTran is another really popular core and Ferrothorn fit perfectly next to Heatran acting as a nice water resist and checking stuff like Manaphy, and even Banded Azumarill thanks to Chople Berry. Having 2 Steels means you're usually pretty safe vs Mega Gardevoir too which is nice because many semistall teams like this can often struggle with it.
Lastly I wanted a backup check to Mega Charizard Y, I didn't want a fast Heatran being my only check. I also wanted a backup check to Manaphy and Keldeo. Mega Latias fit pretty perfectly, and works well on builds like this in general as its able to blanket check a huge portion of the metagame and slowly wear down defensive cores until it can facilitate a Slowbro or Clefable sweep.

As far as movesets are concerned. Knock Off was the first slash on Mandibuzz to take passive recovery away from things like Clefable and Heatran whilst also knocking the Eviolite off of Chansey which can make it much easier to break down. Taunt works fine in that slot too however.
I went mono Psyshock on Slowbro because I feel like I didn't need Scald that much considering Slowbro was going to be trying to boost up and win in the late game once Darks were removed anyway. I wanted Thunder Wave so that I could check Mega Charizard X, so I ended up dropping Scald. Whilst the set is unorthodox, it works well in practice. CM Slowbro is still able to beat other CM Pokemon like Clefable with Psyshock.
Thunderbolt on Clefable was because the team appreciated a lure to Talonflame. This team doesn't deal fantastically with Talonflame, but in general Clefable lures it nicely, and theres enough pressure from other elements of the team to stop Talonflame from being too much of a problem. Thunderbolt is just a nice all-purpose lure, and also helps Clefable to wear down Heatran too, which is nice support for Mega Latias and Ferrothorn.
Thunder Wave or Reflect Type on Mega Latias comes down to personal preference. I usually use Reflect Type, but Thunder Wave can be really clutch in some games where Mega Latias is able to take pretty much any hit, Thunder Wave a big threat, and allow for it to be revenge killed by another member of the team.

In general I think this team came out relatively well, and is just a standard, but solid semistall team.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tough round but that was to be expected to be one, great submissions, and with that being said.

Voting time!

CORE: Slowbro + Mandibuzz

Team 1

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Iron Head

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Wow, looking at it, this team's looking like it came straight out of XY lol (Crystalised, anyone?) But this team was based on the defensive core of VenuBroTran, a really effective defensive core. Venusaur is there to wall key threats such as Azumarill, Keldeo, along with other pokemon due to its great bulk. Heatran is the stallbreaker variant to help with other defensive teams. Defensive Slowbro is here to spread paralysis and burns in order for the other members of the team to function better with certain threats neutralized. And of course Mandibuzz for its great bulk and ability to deal with annoying setup sweepers with Foul Play. And rounding off the team is Band Terrakion, which is here to blow holes in opposing teams early game in order to help weaken threats for the rest of the team. Finally SubCM Raikou is the team's main wincon, helpful for beating other mons like CM Bro, who could otherwise easily set up on this team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-354298360 - This team is REALLY weak to Kyurem, as basically my only check is Terrakion, but here I was able to get around that, and this replay mainly shows off how insane Band Terrakion is (admittedly, his team really didn't have any switchins for the thing)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-354300406 - Venusaur is fat. That is all. (Also another replay against a team with a Kyurem)

Team 2

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost
- Foul Play

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

The core dies to Electrics so I decided I would put TWO ground types instead of being forced to use a Hippowdon, which is not really something I ever feel particularly comfortable using. With this core, a bulkier road has to be gone, so I went with Mega Steelix, which is the best Clefable counter as it is immune to both Thunder Wave and Toxic, (haha Slowbro). Ferrothorn was added for Spikes and as a general utility Pokemon, also checks stuff like Manaphy lacking HP Fire, so basically my Manaphy check is switching around dodging its coverage. Keldeo has Stone Edge because the team is so weak to Electrics, and Charizard-Y to a certain extent, and if I can bop Thundurus on the switch-in my life would be 10 times easier. Golurk because I wanted a secondary Ground type that could check like Breloom and stuff. There we go. Or you can put Latios which I probably will. I just wanted to use a Golurk.

Team 3

Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Goodra (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 128 SpD / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Body Slam

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Knock Off

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover

I chose Mega Slowbro Calm Mind, bulky and immunity to critical hit. Of course he only mega evolves at the end of the match, serving as a good sponge during the match with Regenerator and receiving less damage from Knock Off.
Mandibuzz Defog. Ghost and Dark resistance, STAB Foul Play.
I put Jirachi because Rocks are necessary, and it is my switch against Mega Gardevoir and Wish support.
Status are terrible against Slowbro and Mandibuzz, so I needed Heal Bell, Clefable is a great option against WoW and Toxic. Knock Off because it helps much against Heatran.
A Ground-type is very necessary because Slowbro and Mandibuzz are weak to Electric moves, Quagsire stops Volt Switch Raikou, Mega Manectric and others, is still one of the few counters of Bisharp.
Finally, the team was very weak against Mega Charizard Y, so I used a very unusual Pokémon, but that fit very well in the team. Rest Talk Goodra stops Mega Charizard Y, Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss and Rotom-W. Easily resists to Scald. Dragon Tail forces changes, and with Body Slam I can get some paralyzes. The EVs in speed is to be faster than Mega venusaur, Suicune, Mandibuzz and Heatran with 68 EVs speed (current spread of damage calculator).

Team 4

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off / Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock / Scald
- Thunder Wave / Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 12 Spe
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave / Reflect Type
- Recover

Basically just a few cores thrown together here. Clefable is the perfect partner for Mandibuzz and Slowbro, checking Electrics and in general just being a fantastic partner to Slowbro.
Next I threw fast Heatran in as a pretty nice check to some threats that hadn't been covered yet like Mega Scizor and Mega Charizard Y. Heatran also gets Rocks, and can provide a backup check to Bisharp too if neccesary which is nice. Toxic can help catch things like Rotom-W on the switchin, and in general is just nice to allow Slowbro to beat other bulky Waters 1v1.
Like BroClef, FerroTran is another really popular core and Ferrothorn fit perfectly next to Heatran acting as a nice water resist and checking stuff like Manaphy, and even Banded Azumarill thanks to Chople Berry. Having 2 Steels means you're usually pretty safe vs Mega Gardevoir too which is nice because many semistall teams like this can often struggle with it.
Lastly I wanted a backup check to Mega Charizard Y, I didn't want a fast Heatran being my only check. I also wanted a backup check to Manaphy and Keldeo. Mega Latias fit pretty perfectly, and works well on builds like this in general as its able to blanket check a huge portion of the metagame and slowly wear down defensive cores until it can facilitate a Slowbro or Clefable sweep.

As far as movesets are concerned. Knock Off was the first slash on Mandibuzz to take passive recovery away from things like Clefable and Heatran whilst also knocking the Eviolite off of Chansey which can make it much easier to break down. Taunt works fine in that slot too however.
I went mono Psyshock on Slowbro because I feel like I didn't need Scald that much considering Slowbro was going to be trying to boost up and win in the late game once Darks were removed anyway. I wanted Thunder Wave so that I could check Mega Charizard X, so I ended up dropping Scald. Whilst the set is unorthodox, it works well in practice. CM Slowbro is still able to beat other CM Pokemon like Clefable with Psyshock.
Thunderbolt on Clefable was because the team appreciated a lure to Talonflame. This team doesn't deal fantastically with Talonflame, but in general Clefable lures it nicely, and theres enough pressure from other elements of the team to stop Talonflame from being too much of a problem. Thunderbolt is just a nice all-purpose lure, and also helps Clefable to wear down Heatran too, which is nice support for Mega Latias and Ferrothorn.
Thunder Wave or Reflect Type on Mega Latias comes down to personal preference. I usually use Reflect Type, but Thunder Wave can be really clutch in some games where Mega Latias is able to take pretty much any hit, Thunder Wave a big threat, and allow for it to be revenge killed by another member of the team.

In general I think this team came out relatively well, and is just a standard, but solid semistall team.

Voting ends Friday 8 10:30 PM GMT -5. May the best team win.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
So I don't get all the slashes on these mons. Like I want to pick Team 4 but NotFalse just didn't make up his mind on so many things that I don't think he feels to confident in that build :/ while all the relevant fairy types in the tier seem rather annoying along with most Torn-T variants. Team just mandates Spikes as well and it's not running it while along with the slashes doesn't capitalize on a real win condition. CM Spam + Spikes could be a direction to take the team but with all those slashes as mentioned I don't think you really knew what you wanted out of this build as evident by the first sentence in your description.

Something seems incredibly off with Team 1. I guess maybe it's the Raikou set idk I just think SubCM is lame on Raikou and defensive M-Venu doesnt exert enough pressure to me to break some of the water types in the tier. Using such a chippable mon in Raikou as your win condition also seems shaky to me and those replays weren't really convincing. I feel like sand balances kind of rip the team apart and I'm also questioning how do you break stall.

Team 2....yuruuu come to my office when you read this.

I'm not a big fan of Team 3 either mostly out of the fact I don't like using or building for stall due to how much it necessitates to keep things in check without keeling over to like 75% of the metagame give or take. Seems wicked hard to pull off at first glance and the sets seem lacking. I do like the Goodra though.

I'll vote for Team 2 simply because I can but seriously oml yuruuu please talk to me when you see this before I rage at someone. smfh.

Hairy Toenail: wheres the brightpowder

Good question.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
4 is the lucky number ladies and gents! Team 4 by NotFalse has won this round. Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame shortly. Remember to buy lottery tickets with 4 on them.

And for the love of God, next time settle for some moves. Having a couple of slashes is ok but come on -_-

Anyways, lets move on.

Round 33:

/
/
/
/ ????
What all these pokemon have is common they are all underdogs, and they are all unranked! The challenge of this week is to build a team with or around an unranked pokemon. Here is the ORAS OU Viability rankings to have as a reference.

Hopefully this can be a fun week and a time to discover new mons with nice niches. Have fun and good luck to everyone!

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Superpower

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

dope team built around salamence, which I think does quite well in the metagame right now as a special attacker that has an easy time playing against a lot of threats that are slower or have a tough time harming it. considering its pretty brutal coverage there's little that can actually reliably switch in. salamence, however, struggles against faster threats that can easily kill it, such as latios, weavile, and mega diancie.

i then went with scarf magnezone, as it provides utility by removing pesky steel-types such as heatran, which would normally threaten mence. i feel like the specs set is a bit too slow, and scarf would be a much better fit.

i followed by just slapping one of the most powerful megas (if not the most powerful) one on my team, being mega-diancie. it does a really good job at threatening stuff with powerful diamond storms. I went with protect > hp fire because we already had fire coverage on mence and protect just helps with mega evolution

tornadus-therian is really good and splashable on teams, does a really good job at threatening a lot of stuff. i guess you could go for life orb over assault vest

skarmory is here for defog + iron head over bb to threaten clefs.

lastly i wanted a win condition that can also provide stealth rocks, and terrakion does a good job by being able to rock polish on certain free turns. the problem however is kinda that with terrak the team struggles against landorus-t (mence being the only reliable way of really hitting it)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gardevoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Trace
EVs: 8 HP / 16 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Kaname (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
Behold the almighty Life Orb Gardevoir. Credit to basedlord FlamingVictini for this powerful set. Basically the concept I wanted to build around was true fairyspam (as currently its really questionable as to whether it actually exists or not). Basically Gardevoir is powerful and is able to help Diancie overwhelm stuff while also being able to cripple stuff like AV Gross and Scizor trying to switch in with Wisp and is able to cripple Bisharp with it too. Diancie is max attack to maximise its ability to take on Chansey. Mag traps Skarmory, Scizor and other steels that gives the core trouble, as well as being able to guarantee an RK on Mega Metagross that has been weakened by Keldeo. Heatran is a defensive rocker who can just check stuff that gives the core trouble. DD Lando-T is power, although this is interchangable with PhysDef SD depending on how you like to play. If going DD carry Yache Berry so that Weavile doesn't do a number on the team if Diancie gets weakened and Keld dies too early. Finally, while I generally think that scarf Keld is bad (-Magic- and Bendiving will back me up on this), it was kinda necessary here as the team is too slow otherwise. This team went 15:0 on mid suspect ladder so I'm happy with it.

If you wanna know why Diancie is called Kaname you'll find it somewhere in Orange Islands.

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
WORK IN PROGRESS FT. PIF NICKNAMES
ITS ALMOST DONE THOUGH
EDIT I THINK ITS DONE

i wanted to build with doublade because its cool as heck and i think its good in ou despite all the shit that it gets, purely because it counters the unholy trio of xy megagard, megacham and megacross, which completely gave stall nightmares back in the day, with a couple of doublade builds cropping up to beat them and basically win on matchup because they had nothing else for stall lellers. cm blissey is cool and im glad it never caught on because so many idiots leave their stall teams to get completely ravaged by rain dance manaphy. i just went with quag and skarm as generic stall fillers because they check a billion things, curse quag helps take on clef because the team as it is has little to no answers for it, but that's kinda applicable for a lot of stalls not running cs amoonguss, which i may rework this build to fit in. mega alt idk why, i needed a cleric at this point + i haven't even used the mega slot yet, i will be experimenting more with what mega im using and will probably drop it for something and just run a different mega over ttar. ttar helps with hoopa and helps with zards too.

pif names because pif is the best ^_^

mostly ghostly (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

fancy chansey (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

barmy skarmy (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock / Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

muddy buddy (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Recover

fairly fairy (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell
- Roost

stocky rocky (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Last edited:

Team by me and Decision Makers
With 120 base attack and Freeze-Dry, Glalie-Mega is a very dangerous threat to a lot of bulky waters as Magnezone traps steel types pokémon such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory, which are really annoying for the sweep of Belly Drummer Azumarill.
Magnezone and Glalie support very well Azumarill because they can wipe out the pokemons that Azumarill can’t beat so easily.
Glalie has got Naive nature because it allows him to go in speed tie with 100 base speed pokémon such as Manaphy and Mega-Medicham. With the Air Baloon's set Magnezone can deal with opponent ground type (Excadrill, ..) better. Azumarill has got a standard bd set.
The last 3 slots were used to cover other weaknesses of the team: hazards, Serperior, Bisharp and fight spam.
So we included Hippowdon, Latios and Scarf Heatran.
Hippowdon has got a classic set with Lum Berry over the standard Leftovers to have a good approach with a Talonflame's Will-o-Wisp. Latios is our hazard control and fight resistor, Memento if used with regard can be very useful for Azumarill in lategame. Finally ScarfTran is our Speed/Revengekiller and offers coverage.

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Return
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Hippowdon @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Memento
- Defog

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

Last edited:

Mega-Camerupt is the pokemon I built the team around, he's a very powerful wallbreaker thanks to sheer force and an impressive base 145 SpA, his fire/ground types also gives him a great STAB coverage that can hit neutrally at least a lot of pokemons, although he needs proper support to help him sweep teams and break walls
So Tyranitar is there to support with SR/Pursuit trapping Smooth Rock give 3 more sandstorm turns, very useful because none of the pokemons take damage from it except Torn-T who can heal with regenerator anyway, Skarmory walls a lot of physical attackers and setup spikes, Tornadus-T helps Skarmory by taking special hits for him and take some weight off Skarmory's wings by dealing with a lot of threats which are supposed to be walled by Skarmory. Excadrill for the combo with sand stream, no rapid spin because the team isn't weak to SR. Clefable can sweep whole teams, T-Wave helps Camerupt's overcome it's poor speed, it's also a great answer to big threats to the team : Slowbro and Garchomp

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Drill Peck

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)