Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!
I didnt see the core in the team archive and the core looks pretty nice imo :}

The first member of this core is Mega-Aero because it has a good speed base for ou and a amazing coverage

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang
This set can the builder change obviously :]

The second member of this core is Serperior because it has a nice synergy with MAero.

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
I hope someone can help me with this
(Bulky)Offense or Balance is fine :D

Last edited:
Hi guys! After scrolling through the entire archive, I didn't see a single team with Victini in it! That's why I'm requesting a team with Victini, but not any kind of Victini. I want you to build a team around its special lure set:

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast

Most of the time, when people see Victini in team preview, they'll either expect V-create or U-turn when it's on the field. So, when they switch into their check, say Tyranitar or TankChomp, Victini can surprise KO them with the appropriate move. Glaciate's Speed drop can also come in very handy at times to slow down its checks before KOing them with Blue Flare.

But that's not all. Victini needs a partner to create a nice core. The problem is I really don't know which mon would be the most fitting to be paired with this Victini. I guess ScarfChomp could be a good partner to it and since this set is also unexpected at present times, it could bring even more of a surprise factor to the table, which could turn the tides of the battle. Here's the set:

(Suggested partner, not mandatory)

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

So, to wrap things up, I want a team based around special lure Victini. ScarfChomp is a suggested partner, but isn't mandatory. You can pair Victini with any mon you want as long as you're using its special lure set. I'd prefer you keep Victini's spread and moves, but if you need to do so for the team's good, then go for it (same for ScarfChomp if you decide to pair it up with Victini). Offense or balance is fine with me. Have fun! Ü

Hi guys! After scrolling through the entire archive, I didn't see a single team with Victini in it! That's why I'm requesting a team with Victini, but not any kind of Victini. I want you to build a team around its special lure set:

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunder
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast

Most of the time, when people see Victini in team preview, they'll either expect V-create or U-turn when it's on the field. So, when they switch into their check, say Tyranitar or TankChomp, Victini can surprise KO them with the appropriate move. Glaciate's Speed drop can also come in very handy at times to slow down its checks before KOing them with Blue Flare.

But that's not all. Victini needs a partner to create a nice core. The problem is I really don't know which mon would be the most fitting to be paired with this Victini. I guess ScarfChomp could be a good partner to it and since this set is also unexpected at present times, it could bring even more of a surprise factor to the table, which could turn the tides of the battle. Here's the set:

(Suggested partner, not mandatory)

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

So, to wrap things up, I want a team based around special lure Victini. ScarfChomp is a suggested partner, but isn't mandatory. You can pair Victini with any mon you want as long as you're using its special lure set. I'd prefer you keep Victini's spread and moves, but if you need to do so for the team's good, then go for it (same for ScarfChomp if you decide to pair it up with Victini). Offense or balance is fine with me. Have fun! Ü
i'll take this, but i'm probs not using the chomp :s

phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader
Obviously this wouldn't end up chasing the top of the ladder, I wonder how far a good teambuilder can go with Mega Banette+ a sweeper not weak to Talonflame could go. I would like to sumbit a Sub CM Raikou (being debated for A rank OU iirc)+ Mega Banette core, if it's not too gimmicky.

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Destiny Bond
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Claw/ Sucker Punch/ Knock Off

Raikou can be replaced by a better sweeper with more synergy with Mega-Banette's ability to Destiny Bond faster mons. Maybe this can go balance/ offense and have more OU viable teammates?

Hey waddup guys,
I was very satisfied with my previous team and so I would like to request another one.
This isn't really a core, but I haven't seen a Mega Aggron team built here yet, so I would like to request one.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Avalanche
- Fire Punch

Mega Aggron has the highest defense stat along with Shuckle and Mega Steelix and carries the ability Filter which weakens super effective moves, which makes him a beast at tanking physical moves, but he lacks recovery, so a wish passer would be nice to accompany him.

Originally tried building a team around lure Conkeldurr and Mega Sharpedo but I realized Mega Sharpedo was terrible and thought with a few tweaks the same idea could work here.

+

Mega Tyranitar is an often overlooked threat but its insane defense and resistance to both Sucker Punch and Brave Bird from Talonflame make it terrifying late-game sweeper if it can set-up. However, several common pokemon stand in its way. LO Conkeldurr lures in Clefable and Azumarill and takes out both of them with Poison Jab. Ice Punch comes in clutch against Hippowdown and Gliscor, and its Superpower does a number to defensive Scizor. Mach Punch even forces Mega Lopunny. A teammate I've been trying is Trick Scarf Jirachi with Healing Wish because it provides a fairy switchin and Trick several pokemon like Skarmory and RH Chomp which make them easier to overcome with Tyranitar, while its also provides healing support to preserve these pokemons' bulk.

There Goes Tokyo (Tyranitar) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Punch

Ronda Rousey (Conkeldurr) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Updated the OP and archive, will post teams later. Also, I'm closing the shop. We have waaaay too many cores as is, and I meant to close it a few days ago but I've been very busy irl the last few days.

I havent looked though all the teams, so I don't know if theres a trick room hail team.

View attachment 51776

Aurorus @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- ??? (Calm Mind / Ancient Power / Stealth Rock / Encore / etc.)

View attachment 51777

Magnezone @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

(insert trick room mons)

Aurorus is one of the very few mons which gets hail, and it can use it to help a team pick up KOs which it normally wouldnt get (in trick room OHKOing things is very important to make the most out of trick room turns). Life Orb is more suited to trick room because of Aurorus' coverage options but Choice Specs picks up more OHKOs (see calcs). The spread allows it to live an EQ from tank chomp after 1 life orb hit, allowing it to be healing wished later, and survive an EQ from defensive Landorus-T.

Magnezone traps Scizor and Ferrothron so Aurorus doesn't have to run HP Fire (feel free to use the air balloon set if Excadrill is also a problem) and also hits a lot of teams surprisingly hard. Both members of this team have good synergy with normal trick room setters (Cresselia walls Lopunny and is immune to EQ).

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 296-351 (91.6 - 108.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 192-227 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 54.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Choice Specs always 2HKOs)

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 338-400 (87.7 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 192-227 (53.4 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Rotom-W: 257-304 (84.8 - 100.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Aurorus Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 182-218 (50 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage
Sorry but I'm going to have to reject this one. Aurorus is not a viable Pokemon in OU.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"Core": Life Orb Mamoswine

Me and ur mom

Thanks for being patient with me on this one. I know you asked for this ages ago, don't think I forgot it I've just been kinda busy.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Zen Headbutt

Ok so I tried the Magneton + M-Pidge/Torn core and I wasn't liking how it turned out, it kept being too weak to offense. So since Mamoswine hates steel types (basically just Scizor, Ferro, and Skarm) and I didn't wanna be too weak to offense: enter Manectric. Keldeo is a fantastic partner for Manectric since it checks Bisharp, lures in Latis with Icy Wind and can wallbreak things like Hippowdon and Chansey. LO Taunt has proved to be MVP in a few of the matches I tried it, being able to shut down defensive threats is great and the power of LO and not locking into a move like Specs helps with momentum purposes. Next up I added Tangrowth; I wanted something for Mega Lopunny and weather sweepers (Exca, Kingdra, Kabu, Swamp, etc) and it fit the bill, also excellently checking things like Mega Alakazam. It also provides Knock Off support and checks Keldeo. Heatran was added to set up Stealth Rocks, it also is the Zard X check, backup Sand check (with Balloon intact), and a backup Talonflame check as well. In the last slot I added Choice Scarf Jirachi; the team lacked a real switch-in to powerful fairy types like Mega Gardevoir, plus the team could use more speed control. It completes a Volt-Turn core and Healing Wish allows Keld / Mane / Mamo to become revitalized if they are the key to victory.

Opposing Volt-Turn is annoying, and some offense mutilators like Mega Metagross and Mega Lopunny are still threats. Stall's sort of a pain too - I had Wisp on Heatran to Flash Fire boost yourself against Sab and get Rocks up - but it sorta needs Earth Power for ZardX / other Heatrans and Ancient Power for Talonflame. Stone Edge is an option there as well. You can try out other coverage options over Rock Slide for Tangrowth as well, but I didn't like how birds switched in kinda for free. Oh right Halcyon. also suggested Trick > Zen Headbutt on Jirachi potentially if stall bothers you too much

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
"Core": Life Orb Mamoswine

Me and ur mom

Thanks for being patient with me on this one. I know you asked for this ages ago, don't think I forgot it I've just been kinda busy.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Zen Headbutt

Ok so I tried the Magneton + M-Pidge/Torn core and I wasn't liking how it turned out, it kept being too weak to offense. So since Mamoswine hates steel types (basically just Scizor, Ferro, and Skarm) and I didn't wanna be too weak to offense: enter Manectric. Keldeo is a fantastic partner for Manectric since it checks Bisharp, lures in Latis with Icy Wind and can wallbreak things like Hippowdon and Chansey. LO Taunt has proved to be MVP in a few of the matches I tried it, being able to shut down defensive threats is great and the power of LO and not locking into a move like Specs helps with momentum purposes. Next up I added Tangrowth; I wanted something for Mega Lopunny and weather sweepers (Exca, Kingdra, Kabu, Swamp, etc) and it fit the bill, also excellently checking things like Mega Alakazam. It also provides Knock Off support and checks Keldeo. Heatran was added to set up Stealth Rocks, it also is the Zard X check, backup Sand check (with Balloon intact), and a backup Talonflame check as well. In the last slot I added Choice Scarf Jirachi; the team lacked a real switch-in to powerful fairy types like Mega Gardevoir, plus the team could use more speed control. It completes a Volt-Turn core and Healing Wish allows Keld / Mane / Mamo to become revitalized if they are the key to victory.

Opposing Volt-Turn is annoying, and some offense mutilators like Mega Metagross and Mega Lopunny are still threats. Stall's sort of a pain too - I had Wisp on Heatran to Flash Fire boost yourself against Sab and get Rocks up - but it sorta needs Earth Power for ZardX / other Heatrans and Ancient Power for Talonflame. Stone Edge is an option there as well. You can try out other coverage options over Rock Slide for Tangrowth as well, but I didn't like how birds switched in kinda for free. Oh right Halcyon. also suggested Trick > Zen Headbutt on Jirachi potentially if stall bothers you too much

Hope you enjoy!
Thanks so much man! Looking forward to using it. The stall problem isn't a big deal at all either, as I don't play stall as I think it's a waste of time and ur better off playing 3-4 other games and winning those than beating stall in 45 minutes.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
DaRizzleTheMan

Offensive bunny spam is a lot harder than I thought it would be...I had a different version of this with Lopunny, but the team was terrible. I decided to take it in a different direction with some help from bludz, and went with offensive Scizor. These three make a pretty terrifying offensive core. But the team was so slow, I needed something to help with stall. I thought LO Torn was cool since the other three mons can really weaken stuff like Rotom-W and Heatran, and Taunt Torn can break down stall. Next, I wanted a solid water switch-in cause Azu wouldn't be cutting it since it can't risk scald burns. You can use Defog > CM if you want for hazard removal since the team is pretty weak to hazard spam teams. But I like CM's power a lot. Lastly, needed Rocks and had a pretty bad matchup vs Talonflame, so I went with Chomp. I normally don't like Chomp's Defensive set, but I find myself using it on offense so much due to its ability to check so many of the threats to offense. It's still a momentum killer and gets worn down p easily, but it does what it needs to. Stone Edge is for SDef Talon with Wisp and Taunt. Toxic is for stuff like Bro, Suicune, and Quag that might switch in on Chomp.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- Taunt

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Stone Edge

quagback2qc

I don't really know how amazing this team is, as I kept getting haxed while playtesting (literally got frozen two turns in a row by a Kyurem-B's Ice Beam, and got crit poisoned on my Diancie when it was about to sweep). BUt it's super fun to pay with at the very least. I feel like this is kind of the standard with Diancie, or it used to be at least. I'm not the biggest fan of Kyurem-B, but I wanted to try the two of them with Mag support, since they both want Scizor/Ferro gone. I went with an old relic set that also traps Exca and completely neuters most sand builds. After that, I went with a core that centers around Celebi passing a Weakness Policy boost and potentially some CM boosts to either Diancie Torn or Keldeo to sweep. Celebi gets a surprising number of setups. It lives a Bisharp's Knock Off and can pass, Weavile's as well. Scarf Keld helps with Lop and Bisharp and can sweep if given the chance.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

EVs: 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Goodra

Wanted to try SubSeed Serp, and it does a pretty good job beating stall. Or rather, it would IF LEAF STORM HAD MORE THAN 2 PP. So if you want, you can try HP Fire instead of Taunt, but you can't beat unaware Clef without it. Gatr is really cool, matches up well against offense if it can get a DD up. I went with Superpower because my Serp couldn't break through Ferro, but Crunch also works if getting through Bro is more important to you. Next, I wanted something for fairies as well as a mega that naturally pairs well with these mons, and I thought Scizor would work well. Scior also checks Lati, which can give problems to the members of the core. Next, I wanted something for Heatran, and I thought Taunt Talon as a cool answer. It also pairs super well with Gatr and Serp offensively. I thought the team was a bit too weak to Rotom-W, and obviously I needed Defog support, so I chose Latios (surprise surprise). I chose Surf over Roost for Heatran, but Roost is definitely a viable option since Lati will be worn down pretty easily. Last, I needed a check to Talon, Lop, and Exca, and the only mon that I could think of that could also provide sweet sweet momentum for Serp and Gatr was lando-T. Rocky Helmet is cool for actually wearing down Lop and punishing it for going for Fake Out. Pretty standard looking team but it's fun nonetheless. Plus, sugarhigh and I have talked and both agree that the more colorful your team is, the better it is, so this team must be good.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 156 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Swords Dance / Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Last edited:
DaRizzleTheMan

Offensive bunny spam is a lot harder than I thought it would be...I had a different version of this with Lopunny, but the team was terrible. I decided to take it in a different direction with some help from bludz, and went with offensive Scizor. These three make a pretty terrifying offensive core. But the team was so slow, I needed something to help with stall. I thought LO Torn was cool since the other three mons can really weaken stuff like Rotom-W and Heatran, and Taunt Torn can break down stall. Next, I wanted a solid water switch-in cause Azu wouldn't be cutting it since it can't risk scald burns. You can use Defog > CM if you want for hazard removal since the team is pretty weak to hazard spam teams. But I like CM's power a lot. Lastly, needed Rocks and had a pretty bad matchup vs Talonflame, so I went with Chomp. I normally don't like Chomp's Defensive set, but I find myself using it on offense so much due to its ability to check so many of the threats to offense. It's still a momentum killer and gets worn down p easily, but it does what it needs to. Stone Edge is for SDef Talon with Wisp and Taunt. Toxic is for stuff like Bro, Suicune, and Quag that might switch in on Chomp.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- Taunt

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Stone Edge

quagback2qc

I don't really know how amazing this team is, as I kept getting haxed while playtesting (literally got frozen two turns in a row by a Kyurem-B's Ice Beam, and got crit poisoned on my Diancie when it was about to sweep). BUt it's super fun to pay with at the very least. I feel like this is kind of the standard with Diancie, or it used to be at least. I'm not the biggest fan of Kyurem-B, but I wanted to try the two of them with Mag support, since they both want Scizor/Ferro gone. I went with an old relic set that also traps Exca and completely neuters most sand builds. After that, I went with a core that centers around Celebi passing a Weakness Policy boost and potentially some CM boosts to either Diancie Torn or Keldeo to sweep. Celebi gets a surprising number of setups. It lives a Bisharp's Knock Off and can pass, Weavile's as well. Scarf Keld helps with Lop and Bisharp and can sweep if given the chance.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

EVs: 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Taunt

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Goodra

Wanted to try SubSeed Serp, and it does a pretty good job beating stall. Or rather, it would IF LEAF STORM HAD MORE THAN 2 PP. So if you want, you can try HP Fire instead of Taunt, but you can't beat unaware Clef without it. Gatr is really cool, matches up well against offense if it can get a DD up. I went with Superpower because my Serp couldn't break through Ferro, but Crunch also works if getting through Bro is more important to you. Next, I wanted something for fairies as well as a mega that naturally pairs well with these mons, and I thought Scizor would work well. Scior also checks Lati, which can give problems to the members of the core. Next, I wanted something for Heatran, and I thought Taunt Talon as a cool answer. It also pairs super well with Gatr and Serp offensively. I thought the team was a bit too weak to Rotom-W, and obviously I needed Defog support, so I chose Latios (surprise surprise). I chose Surf over Roost for Heatran, but Roost is definitely a viable option since Lati will be worn down pretty easily. Last, I needed a check to Talon, Lop, and Exca, and the only mon that I could think of that could also provide sweet sweet momentum for Serp and Gatr was lando-T. Rocky Helmet is cool for actually wearing down Lop and punishing it for going for Fake Out. Pretty standard looking team but it's fun nonetheless. Plus, sugarhigh and I have talked and both agree that the more colorful your team is, the better it is, so this team must be good.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 156 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Swords Dance / Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf / Roost
- Defog

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
Thanks! I'll be doing a few tweaks to my personal taste and I'm guessing you meant Careful Talonflame not Calm.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hey dillyjm22 I modify a bit your core because feel like the team provide enough support, i change Ancient Power > Focus on CharY because one of the common switch ins are Talonflame which you can catch it off guard and the other is Lati@s so that's why i add the ultimate pursuit trapper called Tyranitar also help agaisnt electric types which u can pursuit them for a lot of damage and is a check to bisharp as well if the next member of party dies, so the next member is Keldeo i feel like the rest stalk set is pretty underated but fit so nice for balance-ish team like this, able to check sableye, bisharp, weavile and provide offensive pressure due to Life orb and the wonderful move called scald, next i wanna something for sand offense + strong attacker so Lando-T with helmet was the solotion, dealing damage only for contact help wearing down threats like Lopunny/metagross/excadrill and gives the team rocks support as well + momentum to one of the threats like chary or hoopa, and my last is my deffoger to keep chary healthy as well my water resist + bulky offensive mon, that's why latias is more usufull in balance due to his bulk. So basic archtype sun building but still fun hope u liked and enjoy. Also watch out for Ice Punch loppuny because only keldeo/latias can take a hit at full if lando-t es dead.
Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic / Zen Headbutt / Trick
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power / Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 8 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Hey dillyjm22 I modify a bit your core because feel like the team provide enough support, i change Ancient Power > Focus on CharY because one of the common switch ins are Talonflame which you can catch it off guard and the other is Lati@s so that's why i add the ultimate pursuit trapper called Tyranitar also help agaisnt electric types which u can pursuit them for a lot of damage and is a check to bisharp as well if the next member of party dies, so the next member is Keldeo i feel like the rest stalk set is pretty underated but fit so nice for balance-ish team like this, able to check sableye, bisharp, weavile and provide offensive pressure due to Life orb and the wonderful move called scald, next i wanna something for sand offense + strong attacker so Lando-T with helmet was the solotion, dealing damage only for contact help wearing down threats like Lopunny/metagross/excadrill and gives the team rocks support as well + momentum to one of the threats like chary or hoopa, and my last is my deffoger to keep chary healthy as well my water resist + bulky offensive mon, that's why latias is more usufull in balance due to his bulk. So basic archtype sun building but still fun hope u liked and enjoy. Also watch out for Ice Punch loppuny because only keldeo/latias can take a hit at full if lando-t es dead.
Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic / Zen Headbutt / Trick
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power / Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 8 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
Thank you so much. The team looks nice :)

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys!
I didnt see the core in the team archive and the core looks pretty nice imo :}

The first member of this core is Mega-Aero because it has a good speed base for ou and a amazing coverage

Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang
This set can the builder change obviously :]

The second member of this core is Serperior because it has a nice synergy with MAero.

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Timid Nature
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
I hope someone can help me with this
(Bulky)Offense or Balance is fine :D
Originally tried building a team around lure Conkeldurr and Mega Sharpedo but I realized Mega Sharpedo was terrible and thought with a few tweaks the same idea could work here.

+

Mega Tyranitar is an often overlooked threat but its insane defense and resistance to both Sucker Punch and Brave Bird from Talonflame make it terrifying late-game sweeper if it can set-up. However, several common pokemon stand in its way. LO Conkeldurr lures in Clefable and Azumarill and takes out both of them with Poison Jab. Ice Punch comes in clutch against Hippowdown and Gliscor, and its Superpower does a number to defensive Scizor. Mach Punch even forces Mega Lopunny. A teammate I've been trying is Trick Scarf Jirachi with Healing Wish because it provides a fairy switchin and Trick several pokemon like Skarmory and RH Chomp which make them easier to overcome with Tyranitar, while its also provides healing support to preserve these pokemons' bulk.

There Goes Tokyo (Tyranitar) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Punch

EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
Taking this 2

Just wondering Vertex but could you not make the team with Thundurus? Its been over a week I think since you took it but no team yet.

If this comes across as I'm angry or upset, that's not the case I'm just wondering if you're going to make it/already made it.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Just wondering Vertex but could you not make the team with Thundurus? Its been over a week I think since you took it but no team yet.

If this comes across as I'm angry or upset, that's not the case I'm just wondering if you're going to make it/already made it.
- Please don't nag us to build fast, etc. We will try to make teams that are the best and it does take time so please keep patience :)
Read the OP and have a nice day ;)

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
it'll be up soon, trying to give you my best version
i got locked from talking because russell westbrook was on fire last night and globals were tired of my lord squads so if you need an explanation, there you have it lol

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch/Ice Punch/Healing Wish

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast/Hidden Power Fire
- Toxic Spikes

I think Fake Out + Toxic Spikes is a really underused strategy. Would be checks become a lot more squishy with an extra 24+% damage. The constant toxic damage also forces fat teams to heal, giving you momentum to switch freely.

Dragalge checks a lot of things that annoying the bunny. These include fairies, Mega Venu, and scarf Keldeo.

A check to this core is psychics, so maybe a powerful dark type like banded Hoopa or life orb Bisharp would be useful.

Thanks!
I'll take a good crack at this one.

Also, Halcyon., DennisEG took the Mega Aero + Serp Core as well as the Mega T-Tar + Conk core

Nedor

thiccc
Core: Mega Venusaur + SpD Skarmory

Fluorescent (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 44 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Imagination (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Iron Head

Barbaric (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Handicap (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Pelagic (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Constructed (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Calm Mind / Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey Laurel, I'll start this off by saying, there have been many excellent and popular examples of Mega Venusaur + Skarmory Balance in the ORAS metagame, and it was extremely challenging to make an original yet solid build. In my opinion, fat Balance leaning towards Semi-Stall is suboptimal in the current meta as it typically provides zero offensive presence and is very passive. I went with a more Balanced Hazard Stacking build leaning towards Bulky Offense because it enables the team to have a solid Offensive component while also having a sturdy Defensive backbone to fall back on and support the team. This core caught my eye immediately due to the fact that it is not restricting in any way and has many variations / options.

Instead of deciding a formula that would fit the core best and lead the build in the right direction as I usually do, I decided to base the team off of a general concept: Hazards + Pursuit support + bulky set-up win condition. As I mentioned earlier, Hazards make the team far less passive against all archetypes by whittling down Defensive backbones for a late-game sweep. The original core provided checks to a large portion of the metagame including all prominent Fairy types, certain Dragons, Offensive Grass types, Offensive Water types, and the list goes on; This means the rest of the team would be less restricted to Defensively check or have counterplay towards many Pokemon. Pursuit support would be very much appreciated for multiple reasons, removing a common check to Mega Venusaur which is Lati@s allowing it to wall the opposing team fairly easily, pressuring popular Hazard removal options such as Starmie and Lati@s which allows Hazards to stay on your opponent's side of the field, and picking off weakened threats. A set-up win condition is an obvious choice to abuse the Hazards that the Defensive backbone provides, as well as an ensured way of sweeping / cleaning mid-late game.

To complete the Hazard stacking core and Defensive backbone, I concluded that a more PhysDef Hippowdon would be optimal. This mon provided a lot of role compression in a consistent Stealth Rocker and a check to many things that gave issues to the original core such as SD Bisharp, SD Excadrill, Charizard-X, Talonflame, etc. Although Whirlwind would be fantastic to have on this build to function as a Phazer, Stone Edge is mandatory to beat Birdspam in case Tyranitar gets pressured or whittled throughout the match. I ran enough SpD to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Manectric after Rocks, but I felt like the standard Mixed Def spread wasn't required because I had counterplay / checks to mons like LO Thundurus and Gengar anyways.

For the next slot, I went through many mons for a set-up win condition, both Offensive and Defensive options, but SubCM Keldeo was chosen. This not only gave the team a Stallbreaker and a way of breaking past CroCune, but a good check to Darkspam as well. Weavile was looking extremely threatening and at this point I wanted more Offensive presence so the build wouldn't be Defensively oriented, and Keldeo is a mon that really appreciates Hazard stacking support, especially when paired up with a Pursuit trapper to remove Lati@s (one of its main checks.) The choice for the next slot is Scarf T-Tar. It was chosen over the other two main Pursuit trappers in the tier being Weavile and Bisharp because of its bulk and what it provided both Defensively and Offensively. Tyranitar gave the build a secondary way of switching into Lati@s and Talonflame, and a way of revenge killing threats such as Gengar, Electric types in general, Kyurem-Black and Charizard-Y which all cause the team issues. To elaborate on what I said earlier, Pursuit support removes two common forms of Hazard removal in Starmie and Lati@s which is beneficial to the rest of the team, or forces a double switch from your opponent which racks up Hazard damage throughout the game, weakening their team to be put in range of Keldeo or Scarf T-Tar.

The last slot was standard LO Latios to patch up a few weaknesses that the build had, and provide a solid Wallbreaker to break past Defensive builds fairly easily. Because of its natural typing, it added a secondary switch-in to variants of Keldeo in case Mega Venusaur got low or weakened, a check to Charizard-Y which was hard to switch-in to otherwise if it got a free turn, and most importantly, a way of killing standard TG Manaphy after some prior damage which would sweep the team with the correct coverage. CM + Roost | Draco | Psychic gives the team a secondary Stall / Wallbreaker which pressures common checks to both Latios and SubCM Keldeo such as Clefable, Mega Altaria, and CM Mega Slowbro which is threatening, but Roost + 3 Attacks with HP Fire as a coverage move would lure in Steel types, specifically Mega Scizor (mainly Offensive SD variants) because once it is set-up it is hard to revenge kill as the build would rely on Keldeo to burn it with Scald, and Mega Venusaur dies to +2 Bug Bite with prior damage. Not having Defog may seem odd, but it honestly isn't needed on this team as not much is too affected by Rocks, and you have Taunt Skarmory which prevents Hazards being set up by the likes of Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, and opposing Skarmory anyway.

After testing the build against prominent playstyles in the current metagame, I found that the biggest problem to the build was Offensive QD Volcarona. When it finds a set-up opportunity with Rocks up, it just wins because there is no way of revenge killing it. This means that applying pressure on it so that it cannot find a opportunity to set-up is mandatory, an example of how you can do this is getting up Rocks early on in the match and making sure it does not get a free switch-in. Also, Volcarona builds often include Lati@s or Starmie as Hazard removal to support it, which Tyranitar removes and enables Rocks to stay up to force Volcarona to take 50%. LO Torn-T is also problematic when running both Superpower and Heat Wave, but it isn't a 6-0 at team preview.

I built around 20 versions of your original core, but it was either too similar to another build, or ineffective in general, so that is why I'm slightly late with it. I hope you like the build and have fun!

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Ok, I FINALLY updated the OP. Sorry for the lateness of my updates. Bee rather busy lately. Please let me know what I inevitably missed :toast:

p2

Banned deucer.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

These two form a really cool ice spam core together as they can break many of their partner's checks quite well. Mamoswine has freeze dry to break the waters that weavile has trouble with, Earthquake to break Klefki or other ground-weak mons that threaten to weavile. While weavile has knock off to beat bronzong and low kick to beat ferro/other steels that don't get hit hard by earthquake along with ice being a really good typing in OU in the first place. (keep in mind that these are not the only targets that they hit). However, this core is kinda weak to Azumarill and physical walls that aren't weak to the moves that the core has, so a special wallbreaker that beats azu would be really nice for this core.
claiming this. it's almost done but needs a few tweaks

DennisEG

Civil Engineer

Hola LuchaSombolo I change a move on Aero and basically change the serperior set because after building the team I struggle a bit agaisnt fat mons specifically Chansey so I made serperior a Stallbreaker and works pretty nicely on the team, as third member add Rotom-w because both mons of the core hate wisp Talon or Scizor so Rotom-W + Speedy Heatran can deal with those pokemon that annoy the core, speedy tran because heracross is a huge threat + Stallbreaker mew is annoying as well, also u can fool people with that tran because lefties make people think ur spedef and slow and than bam heracross is own, next I want something to lure opposing heatran since I remove Aqua Tail from Aero and put Ice fang for Lando-T + Bulky chomp so EQ Latios help me with this, luring heatran for serperior and Clef, also is my water resist + zardY check, and last the skilless mon around there Clef just to have an auto wincon everysingle game, Also you can run Shed Shell Clef for Goth Stall so you switch into Aero and Bop get pursuit trap !. Altaria could be a problem if clef is low or crit u so be careful, also volt-turn is kinda hard to play against it because we dont have electric immunity only resistence so try to play around that. hope u Enjoy!

Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latios (F) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Clefable @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Que tal ! Reverend watching your core I made some adjustment in the sets, because i think this way both lure each other checks / counters and also support the rest of the team, I add a defensive core that could handle most of the threats and also have access to Stealth Rocks which are pretty crucial to get some HKO, so Celebi + Rotom-W paired with SpD Talonflame are an excellent Fire, water, grass core that have really nice sinergy together. Celebi able to set up rocks and slow threats down like Lopu and Metagross, also i choose Psychic over Giga because the team struggle a bit against Venu so like most people run Giga, venu is an initial switch in agaisnt celebi and you can click Psy for a clean 2hko if it is Offensive, BU Wisp Talon is our win con late game after Conk + Tytar weak the walls, Talon is able to clean up late game and last i needed a spinner + speed control + Steel so was very easy to fit Exca in this team, Baloon help me against Chomp which could be a problem if it is SD and fast electric types as well if celebi is really weak, hope u enjoy !
There Goes Tokyo (Tyranitar-Mega) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch

EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch / ThunderPunch

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Recover

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)