Pet Mod Paleomons - [MOD IS OVER, THANKS FOR COMING]

Submissions are now closed, and that means voting has started!

The vetoed submissions have been corrected, so every submission may be voted for. The rules for voting are as follows:
  • Each Pokémon will be voted for separately.
  • There is no limit on the amount of submissions you can vote for. First Place will count for 3 points, Second Place for 2, and all others will count for 1 point.
  • Self Votes may not be First Place, and have a limit of 6 points total.
Kabutops: First Place, Second Place, Third Place
Omastar: First Place, Second Place
Aerodactyl: First Place, Second Place, Third Place, Fourth Place, Fifth Place
Armaldo: First Place, Second Place, Third Place
Cradily: First Place

Voting will be done on the forum, and will last for 4 days. Good luck!

woo

You'll be UNDER MY WHEELS
is a Pre-Contributor
:kabutops: PokePoindexter, JosJet, Return to Monkey
:omastar: Clasmia, Bloopyghost, BlueRay
:aerodactyl: Bloopyghost, Regic Boat, GhiteOff
:armaldo: JosJet, Bloopyghost, Clasmia
:cradily: GhiteOff, Moretto (SV), Bloopyghost

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
:Kabutops:BlueRay, G-Luke, Moretto
:Omastar: Return to Monkey, Clasmia (SV), BlueRay
:Aerodactyl:Regic Boat, SimpyShrimp, GhiteOff
:Armaldo:JosJet, Clasmia (SV), G-Luke, Cratersmash, Beaf Cultist
:Cradily:Moretto, NeonNitroGlycerin, GhiteOff, TGtz8920, Return to Monkey

woo

is a Pre-Contributor
Its time for the BIG reveal! The winners of the slate! The crowned kings of the ancient past!

:ss/kabutops:
Reworked Fossil: Kabutops
Typing:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Battle Armor | Poison Heal
Stats: 75 HP / 115 Atk / 75 Def / 95 SpA / 75 SpD / 90 Spe [BST: 520]

New Moves (if any): (Inherits Kabuto’s New Moves) +Play Rough
Removed Moves (if any):
Role: Physical Wallbreaker

:ss/kabuto:
Reworked Fossil: Kabuto
Typing:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Battle Armor | Marvel Scale
Stats: 55 HP / 70 Atk / 110 Def / 80 SpA / 85 SpD / 20 Spe [BST: 420]
New Moves (if any): +Recover, +Draining Kiss
Removed Moves (if any):
Role: Physical Wall/Mixed Wall
View attachment 395967
This sub is based on the medicinal properties related to Horshoe crab blood. “Horseshoe crab blood is bright blue. It contains important immune cells that are exceptionally sensitive to toxic bacteria. When those cells meet invading bacteria, they clot around it and protect the rest of the horseshoe crab's body from toxins.” Their blood is almost mystical in its nature, and has a lot of important medicinal uses which I associated with the Fairy-type. Its interaction with toxic bacteria is what inspired me to give it Poison Heal.

Reworked Fossil: Armaldo
Typing:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Battle Armor | Carboniferous*
This Pokémon's Bug-type moves are super effective on Fairy. Fairy-type moves deal halved damage to this Pokémon.
Stats: 80 HP / 125 Atk / 100 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 75 Spe [BST: 530]

New Moves (if any): +Close Combat, +U-Turn
Removed Moves (if any):

:ss/Anorith:
Reworked Fossil: Anorith
Typing:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Battle Armor | Weak Armor
Stats: 60 HP / 100 Atk / 50 Def / 40 SpA / 50 SpD / 50 Spe [BST: 430]

New Moves (if any):
Removed Moves (if any):
Carboniferous is inspired by large prehistoric insects that were alive during the Carboniferous geological period. They were so large that they ate fairies. Another huge part of my inspiration for this was different theorized buffs that could be done to better the Bug-type competitively. A simple one is just to make Bug-types super effective on Fairy-types and make them resist Fairies. For my Armaldo, this would allow it to now only take neutral damage from Fairy-type attacks, and have better coverage. Here’s a video to watch if you’re interested in similar topics surrounding Bug-type buffs.
JosJet's Kabuto, Kabutops, Anorith and Armaldo! :kabutops: :armaldo:

:SS/Omastar:
Reworked Fakemon: Omastar
Typing: Water / Poison
Abilities: Swift Swim / Shell Armor / Bloodsuck
Stats: 85 / 105 / 95 / 55 / 75 / 80 (495 BST)

New Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Acid, Sludge, Sludge Wave, Poison Fang, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, Toxic Spikes, Agility, Leech Life, Giga Drain, Superpower, Venom Drain (14)
Removed Moves: Shell Smash, Spikes, All Rock-type moves except Rollout (13)

Role: Wallbreaker, Stallbreaker, Sweeper
Flavour: Its entire Pokédex is about how it brutally murders Shellder from breaking its shell open and sucking its insides out. Jeez.
Clasmia's Omanyte and Omastar! :omastar:

View attachment 396206
Typing: View attachment 396207 View attachment 396208
Abilities: Sheer Force / Pressure | Rough Skin
Stats: 80 HP / 105 Atk / 70 Def / 60 SpA / 80 SpD / 130 Spe / 525 BST

New Moves: Terror Soar
Type: View attachment 397270
Category: View attachment 397272
Pow: 75
Acc: 100
PP: 20
Contact?: Yes

The user terrorizes and assaults the target from above. This may also make the target flinch.

Terror Soar inflicts damage and has a 30% chance of causing the target to flinch.
Removed Moves: Ancient Power

Role: With Sheer Force boosting many of its attacks, Aero can hit hard with a variety of options, including its shiny new signature move Terror Soar. Though SF boosted Rock Slide actually does very slightly less damage than Stone Edge, its higher accuracy makes it the more consistent STAB option. Aero can still wallbreak, revenge kill, set up SR, suicide lead, or sweep with Dragon Dance like old times (or is it... modern times?).
Bloopyghost's Aerodactyl! :aerodactyl-mega:

:swsh/lileep:
Typing:

otherwise no changes i just want this to run smoothly and make lileep not rock typed.

:swsh/cradily:
Typing:
/

Abilities:
Regenerator
Stats: 85 / 100 / 100 / 80 / 90 / 60
New Moves: n
Removed Moves: n

Role & Description: fat, coming later
My Lileep and Cradily! :cradily:

In case you are wondering, beaf and i have the same amount of votes, BUT mine has more first-place votes.

Slate 2 will open around tomorrow, having the Ancient Regional Forms as the type of slate, and the pokémon will be :relicanth: Relicanth, :torkoal: Torkoal and :mamoswine: Mamoswine, with the theme being "Living Fossils". For now, feel free to discuss the new additions!

first impressions

:kabuto: if i see anyone running flame orb i flip. just run eviolite ffs. anyway, mon's good, walls aero i'm pretty sure, so that's good
:kabutops: gliscor but cooler. love this mon, think it's gonna have a niche for a long time
:armaldo: fire mon. theoretically walled by omastar, but the mon's got 0 recovery so that ain't happening.
:omastar: i'll give it to you straight, mon looks awful. might be usable in rain, but it gets outclassed in that by armaldo. could run both ig
:aerodactyl: hey look, mega aero! very scary rn, since it's walled by uhhhhhhh
:cradily: fatmon does fatmon things. hates being water-neutral in the current meta. cool people run SD.

woo

is a Pre-Contributor
:kabuto: dude this will have a niche early this crazyyy
:kabutops: as beaf said, this mon is soooooooooo cooooooooool i love it.
:anorith: lol
:armaldo: this looks p strong ngl but we gain torkoal soon its fine
:omanyte: lol but should have a niche in LC
:omastar: cool dd mon
:aerodactyl: concerned about setup but should be fine by next slate lol. we cant even make a fully evolved team rn
:lileep: worse than base
:cradily: biased but i like early regen.

:kabutops: cool offensive Poison Heal user, i like to think it might work as a "budget gen4 Breloom". Excited to see how it will work in the meta.
PS: :kabuto: this funny crab might probably be a very prominent wall in the early stages of the meta.

:Omastar: nice set-up sweeper and looks like an interesting user of draining moves, but it might get overshadowed by things like Armaldo. Let's see how the meta develops to see if I'll eat my words. Btw, I'm still wondering why it has DD, not complaining tho.

:Aerodactyl: This is very powerful, but not something I would consider broken, at least right now. Let's see how the meta will develop, but if needed we might nerf it. For now, interesting Sheer Force user.

:Armaldo: truth be told, this was one the subs i was most excited for. Carboniferous is just what the bug typing was leaving, both helping it become a better typing, but also making the fairy type more balanced (i still don't know why fairies resist bugs).

:Cradily: this one is... Interesting to me. I don't have any main concerns with it, but nothing too much outstanding. Overall just a nice Regenerator pokemon.

Regic Boat used First Impression! (haha do you get it)

:kabuto: how dos this actually have a niche of beeing a physical wall where all the pokemon are physical attackers thats just insane.

:kabutops: this mon is so based. the only fairy in the meta, but gets kinda ruined by Armaldo bc Carboniferous. its got poison heal, so immune to toxic and toxic spikes basically.

:omastar: no thoughts, head is empty. bloodsuck is cool and venom drain also but is is kinda eh from what i've heard.

:armaldo: Carboniferous is so sick, bug + fighting STABs go hard with the ability. (feel free to screenshot)

:aerodactyl-mega: uh oh look guys its mega aero! mon looks very strong, beeing a Dragon Dance sweeper with sheer force boosted STABs.

:cradily: i have no idea what this mon dos, could be cool in current meta ig

Last edited:
SLATE 2- "Living Fossils" (Torkoal, Relicanth, Mamoswine)
:swsh/torkoal: :swsh/relicanth: :swsh/mamoswine:

This slate, we will be doing "ancient forms", with these working as regional forms (like alolan and galarian forms). The chosen pokémon have their real-life counterparts based on animals that some say that "stopped on time"(except mamoswine, since in the pokémon world it IS an extinct animal that is still roaming around the world).

The submission rules are simple:
  • You can sub 1 to 3 of the pokémons chosen in this slate (reworks on existing Pre-Evos can also be made if you want)
  • Don't do some crazy things, like 200 Atk Huge Power Kabutops
  • Custom Elements are allowed, as long as they have something different from already existing abilities/moves and are balanced (don't do tough claws with huge effect powers, or 100% acc OHKO moves)
  • Regional Forms have the same BST of their pre-existing counterparts, so you can change the stat spread, but can't change the BST.
Also, a quick note: If you want to change the preevolutions as well in any way, mention it in your post, or they will be assumed to stay the same.

Pokémon:
Typing: ???
Abilities: ???
Stats: ???

New Moves: ???
Removed Moves: ???

Role: ???

Submissions will be open for about 1 week. in case of any questions or feedback, you can DM me or ask for feedback in the mod's discord server. That's it, good luck :)

Last edited:

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
:kabutops: - cool pheal mon, likely the premier rocks setter and bulky wallbreaker as its a gliscor alternative. also :kabuto: be tanking hits like crazy o.o
:omastar: - at the time i thought that we wouldnt have really strong pokemon in the metagame this early, so this will 100% need a buff to its attack and/or speed by a couple points. dd btw is both a balancing decision and a nod to the removed shell smash which its descendants will later be able to learn
:aerodactyl: - f*cking hell
:armaldo: - only saw this after making my own sub but im glad this won, love the concept (also by any chance did you possibly recently watch a wolfey video jos :eyes:)
:cradily: honestly is the only normal sub that won lmao, but does the job (even if it just loses to every mon rn, sadge)

edit: slate 2 opening was posted at the same time as this lmao, rip

:rs/torkoal:
RAINKOAL
Typing:

Abilities: Drizzle / Swift Swim / Leatherback
Stats: 70 / 85 / 70 / 85 / 140 / 20
New Moves: Discharge, Flip Turn, Hydro Pump, Liquidation, Scald, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Water Gun, Wild Charge
Removed Moves: All Fire-type moves
Custom Elements: Leatherback: Absorbs Electric moves to boost Special Defense one stage.

Role & Description: RAINKOAL. Based loosely on Archelon. In the past, Torkoal were incredibly large, and extremely slow outside of the oceans in which they lived. Only the few that adapted to life on land managed to survive, as the others were simply too large for the shrinking seaways and too easy pickings with their leather shells.
Torkoal-Ancient is an amazingly slow, but also amazingly bulky rain setter, which pairs amazingly well with the tier's main rain abuser, Armaldo (Armaldo resists Ground and Grass, while Torkoal resists Flying and Fire). It can also abuse its own weather with STAB Weather Ball and 100% accurate Thunder, though unfortunately its offensive stats are a bit low for the role. Who knows, maybe Shell Smash sets will see use? Its defense and special defense have been swapped, allowing it to take special hits like a champ and heal off the damage with Leftovers, and on non-rain teams it can even boost its special defense thanks to Leatherback, though Drizzle is most likely the optimal ability. Additionally, with a pivoting option in Flip Turn, it becomes even better at enabling rain abusers, as it can slow pivot for them to come in safely.

:rs/relicanth:
Soul Energy Stocks
Typing:

Abilities: Cursed Body / Rock Head / Permian
Stats: 55 / 100 / 130 / 90 / 45 / 65
New Moves: Hex, Phantom Force, Shadow Ball, Trick Room
Removed Moves: N/A
Custom Elements: Permian: The user's moves with a charge turn charge immediately (Power Herb effect)

Role & Description: Even in the time of the dinosaurs, Relicanth was already, well, a relic. Immediately following the Permian Extinction, Relicanth began to channel the spirits of those who perished, converting them into raw energy to fuel its moves. Of course, they ran out of spirits eventually, and by the modern day, they had forgotten how to entirely.
Rock/Ghost is a very interesting offensive typing, even more so when some of the strongest moves of each type (Phantom Force and Meteor Beam) are affected by Permian. Relicanth-Ancient is a very powerful mixed attacker, with physical sets being slightly weaker, though Phantom Force in tandem with one-turn Skull Bash is pretty fun. Special sets are where it shines though, with one-turn Meteor Beam being an insanely powerful move, especially when backed with as powerful a secondary STAB as Ghost is. Of course, this needs some balancing, and so it suffers from some rather poor special bulk as well as speed. Can also pull off a mean OTR set, with its naturally low speed allowing it to absolutely bully anything that can't take a Meteor Beam, as it just gets harder and harder to stop. Real ones run Rock Polish double dance.

:dp/mamoswine:
we in the tar pits now
Typing:

Abilities: Oblivious / Poison Touch / Oozing Tar
Stats: 110 / 110 / 80 / 70 / 80 / 80
New Moves: Acid Spray, Acid Armor, Gunk Shot, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Tar Pit, Tar Shot
Removed Moves: All Ground moves
Custom Elements: Oozing Tar: Sets Tar Pit on entry (field effect, airborne mons and mons holding HDB are immune to all effects)
Tar Pit: sets Tar Pit (can you believe it?). Same accuracy and flags as Grassy Terrain.
Acts similar to terrains. Full effect list:
Boosts the power of Poison moves by 30%
At the beginning of each turn, or immediately after being set, Powders every Pokemon on the field.
The move Acid Armor increases Defense by 3 instead of 2.

Nature Power becomes Sludge Bomb.
Secret Power uses Acid Spray's animation, and may cause poisoning.
Changes Terrain Pulse's type to Poison, and doubles its base power.
Camouflage causes the user to become Poison type, and Mimicry changes the user into a Poison type.

Role & Description: In the distant past, many Mamoswine fell victim to the pull of tar pits and perished. However, some adapted to the environment in these pits and survived, becoming absolutely coated in tar, and flinging it to capture any Pokemon that approached the pits.
Mamoswine-Ancient is a pretty crazy mon, thanks to its custom ability, Oozing Tar. This sets what is essentially Poison Terrain, allowing its Gunk Shot to do pretty ridiculous damage, and also protecting it from opposing Fire attacks (though unfortunately, most Fire types run HDB, so this only really protects it from a few mons). While this certainly boosts it a lot, it no longer has Earthquake for Steel types, and so it has to use the greatly inferior Superpower. It is also fairly slow, so it isn't too difficult to outspeed and threaten with an offensive mon that can hit it super-effectively (of which there are many). Should still be a potent offensive mon and bulky wallbreaker.

Last edited:

woo

is a Pre-Contributor
Pokémon: Relicanth-Ancient
Typing:

Abilities:
Water Bubble / Rock Head
Stats: 85 / 60 / 80 / 85 / 75 / 100
New Moves: Flamethrower, Ember, Fire Blast, Flare Blitz, Scorched Pebbles* (Sets up a hazard on the opposing side of the field that gives opponents the Tar Shot volatile on pokémon that switch in. Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon are immune, as well as Pokémon with levitate. (Fire, bounceable, same PP as webs)
Removed Moves: Ice Moves.
Description: Being banished from cold seas by Kabutops, Relicanth-Ancient had to go back to the hottest parts of the ocean, with in the way there, all its head turned into stone, but the rest of its body was protected by a magic bubble to keep itself cold, while adapting to the temperature.
Shoutouts to bloopyghost for the hazard idea :bloblul::blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
Pokémon: Torkoal-Ancient
Typing:
|

Abilities: Storm Drain / Sturdy / Geyser (This pokemon's Fire attacks are boosted by 1.5x instead of reduced in Rain, and its Water moves are boosted by 1.5x instead of reduced in the Sun.) (HA)
Stats: 80 | 80 | 130 | 90 | 70 | 20 (470)

New Moves: Scald, Hydro Pump, Razor Shell, Flip Turn, Surf, Whirlpool, Water Pledge, Waterfall, Liquidation, Steam Eruption
Removed Moves: All Rock Moves

Role: Physical Tank, Fire Mon Not Screwed Over By Rain, Defensive Pivot, Water Mon Not Screwed Over By Sun, Shell Smash Breaker?, Bulky Hazard Removal (Rapid Spin)

Last edited:
:ss/torkoal:
Torkoal-Ancient
Type: Steel/Water
Abilities: Storm Drain / Filter (H: Shell Armor)
Stats: 70 / 60 / 150 / 105 / 70 / 15 (BST: 470)

New Moves: Heavy Slam, Iron Head, Metal Burst, Aqua Jet, Flip Turn, Razor Shell, Waterfall, Hydro Pump, Surf, Water Pulse, Water Spout, Aqua Ring, Rain Dance, Trick Room
Removed Move: All Fire-type moves, Shell Smash

Roles: TR setter, Non-passive physical wall, defensive pivot, trying to be Aero counter (no idea how good)

Flavor: Ancient Torkoal had nearly impenetrable shells and filled them with water. They used the water for various things including offense against anything potentially strong enough to even harm them. As the centuries pasted, new species where introduced that more easily preyed on torkoal. That is why it slowly lost the water and moved to a climate that they liked better.

:ss/Torkoal:
Typing:

Abilities: Comatose/Water Absorb
Stats: 70/65/130/105/80/20 (470)

New Moves: Scald, Aqua Ring, Pain Split, Hydro Pump, Water Gun, Bubble, Life Dew, Surf
Removed Moves: All fire moves except for sunny day, Solar Beam

Role: Status Absorber, Wall and utility Pokemon
Flavor: Ancient Torkoal were a lot more dormant than the Torkoal of today and would sleep all day near subduction zones, adapting them to water and land, before evolving to their volcanic forms today.

Ancient Torkoal
Weight: 300 kg (this will be important)
Height: 2.5 Meters
Typing: Ground/Steel
Abilities: Shell Armor/ Iron Barbs/ Heavy Metal (H)
Stats: 80/100/115/60/85/20 (470 BST)
Added Moves: Spikes, High Horsepower, Iron Head, Heavy Slam, Wide Guard, Steel Beam, Flash Cannon, Steelroller
Removed Moves: All Fire Moves except Heat Crash and Sunny Day, Shell Smash

Role: Physical Wall, Hazard Setter, Hazard Cleaner, Bulky Physical Attacker...maybe?

Flavor: Based on the Giant Tortoise Meiolania, this ancient form of Torkoal were peaceful giants, living in what would later become Mt. Chimney. However, with the formation of the volcano, they had to adapt to the new conditions, becoming smaller and changing their original typing for the Fire Type

Ancient Relicanth
Weight: 650 kg
Height: 6,5 Meters
Typing: Water/Fighting
Abilities: Swift Swim/Rain Dish/Defiant
Stats: 105/105/85/45/80/50

Added Moves: Flip Turn, Aqua Jet, Superpower, Bulk Up
Removed Moves: Rock Polish, Ancient Power, Meteor Beam, Calm Mind, Harden, Stealth Rock, Sandstorm

Role: Bulky Physical Attacker, Offensive Pivot

Description: In ancient times, Relicanth was a lot bigger than what it is today. However, it was very gentle, protecting weaker and smaller pokemons from predators. However with the lowering of sea levels, Relicanth had to become smaller, and moved to deep waters, where it isolates itself.

Last edited:
Relicanth-Ancient

Types :

Abilities : Lighting Rod / Light Metal / Water Absorb
Stats : 90 / 90 / 100 / 75 / 75 / 55 = 485 - ( 100 / 90 / 130 / 45 / 65 / 55 = 485 (Base) )

New Moves : Flip Turn, Defog, Pain Split, Flash Cannon, Mirror Shot, Iron Head, Steel Roller, Iron Tail, Heavy Slam, Gyro Ball, Smart Strike, Autotomize, Electrify, Thunder Wave
Removed Moves : Stealth Rock, Rock Polish, Sandstorm, Rock Slide, Rock Blast, Head Smash, Rock Tomb, Smack Down, Meteor Beam, Calm Mind

Role : Physical wall, Defensive pivot, Defoger
Justification : Relicanth-Ancient has good statistics in accordance with its role. The loss of SR is offset by the access to Defog. Flip Turn allows him to pivot, often after the opponent due to his low speed. Finally Recover allows him to have a good staying power.
Flavour : I wanted to make this regional shape a reminder of the rostrum (Coelacanths have an electroreceptor organ, called the rostrum at the front of the skull = Lighting Rod) that Coelacanthes have. This regional form also has more robust scales (Steel type).

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Typing: Rock / Ground
Abilities: Solid Rock / Shell Armor | HA: Rock Head
Stats: 70 HP / 95 Atk / 150 Def / 65 SpA / 70 SpD / 20 Spe
Weight: 700 kg

New Moves: Meteor Beam, Rock Throw, Smack Down, Double-Edge, Head Smash
Removed Moves: All Fire type moves sans Flare Blitz, Heat Crash and Flame Wheel

Role: Physical Tank, Shell Smash Breaker

Flavor: Torkoal-Ancient is inspired by the Colossochelys, a massive land dwelling Tortoise that mostly fed on grasses and other plants. Its main idea is that of the proto-engine. Regular Torkoal feed on coal and live near coal mines, and are quite adapted to this. Ancient Torkoal however has only recently developed the means to use coal as a means to supplement its daily energy, and therefore has subpar flame manipulation itself.

Typing: Water / Ghost
Abilities: Cursed Body | HA: Swift Swim
Stats: Same as in Standard
Weight: 21 kg

New Moves: Poltergiest, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Astonish, Dark Pulse, Strength Sap
Removed Moves: All Rock type moves sans Head Smash and Stealth Rock

Role: Physical Tank

Flavor: Even in Ancient times, Relicanth seemed... old. It seemed liked it longed for a different era. It swam the deep seas alone, never spotted with others of its own kind, making it seem like only one exist.
relicanth with these mods can perform similarly to how it goes in low tiers, but now has to look out for faltering to Pursuits or Knock Offs, which is a fair trade for the new tools it now possesses.

:gs/swinub::gs/piloswine::dp/mamoswine:
Pokémon: Swinub
Typing: Dark / Ground
Abilities: Oblivious / Defiant | HA: Strong Jaw
Stats: Same as in Standard
Weight: 21 kg

New Moves: Beat Up, Crunch, Fire Fang, Assurance, Brutal Swing, Embargo, Taunt, Parting Shot, Foul Play
Removed Moves: All Ice type moves sans Ice Fang

Role: Baby

Pokémon: Piloswine-Ancient
Stats: 80 HP / 100 Atk / 80 Def / 60 SpA / 50 SpD / 80 Spe
Weight: 47 kg

New Moves: Swinub-Ancient + Sucker Punch, Lash Out, Payback
Removed Moves: Same as Swinub-Ancient

Role: Big Baby

Pokémon: Mamoswine-Ancient
Stats: 100 HP / 110 Atk / 80 Def / 70 SpA / 60 SpD / 110 Spe
Weight: 179.7 kg

New Moves: Piloswine-Ancient + Power Trip, Obstruct
Removed Moves: Same as Piloswine-Ancient

Flavor: I thought about how to make Mamoswine be more ancient, so I decided to base Mamoswine-Ancient on classic "Hell Pigs"; giant Apex predator pig-like creatures that roamed Earth prior to the Ice Age. With powerful jaws, Ancient mamoswine stalked the plains, either waiting for the smell of food or simply hunting itself. Its jaws are strong enough to crush a boulder.

Mamoswine-Ancient uses its great speed tier and powerful Strong Jaw Crunch to punch holes into teams.

Last edited:
:bw/relicanth:
A-Relicanth
Typing: Water/Flying
Abilities: Swift Swim / Thick Skin / Water Absorb
Stats: 100 / 90 / 75 / 45 / 105 / 70 (Def and Sp. Def swapped, -25 Sp. Def, +15 Spe, +10 Def)

New Moves: Rapid Charge, Air Slash, Dual Wingbeat, Defog, Gust, Wing Attack, Peck, Synthesis
Removed Moves: All Rock moves
Thick Skin: This Pokemon's Defense is multiplied by 1.1x.

Rapid Charge:
- Type: Water
- Classification: Physical
- Power: 100
- Accuracy: 100
- PP: 16 (Max 24)
- Effect: Increases Sp. Def by 1 turn 1. Hits turn 2.

Flavor: Ancient Relicanth is based off of the Plesiosaurus. Ancient Relicanth once had long necks that helped them breathe without having to be underwater. They had also developed a herbivore-like personality at the time. Ancient Relicanth were also companions with the Pelipper nearby. However, when evolution struck, Relicanth lost their long necks and had to reside in the underwater depths.

Role: A-Relicanth is a Special Wall, with recovery in Synthesis. It has the ability to increase its Sp. Def more using Rapid Charge, and it can increase its Def by a tiny but if Thick Skin, or run Water Absorb. It's pretty unfortunate that it has to use HDB because of its typing, but it can be cool if played right. This also loses to Aerodactyl I think.

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
To clarify some things, Moretto has my permission to use my Tar Shot hazard idea and Beaf has given me permission to use their Oozing Tar idea.
\(´∇`) /

CECAE580-8CA3-4909-8E79-3E58E52E2B85.gif

Typing:
fire.gif
poison.gif

Abilities:
Water Absorb / Oozing Tar | Gooey
Acts similar to terrains. Full effect list:
Boosts the power of Poison moves by 30%
At the beginning of each turn, or immediately after being set, Powders every Pokemon on the field.
The move Acid Armor increases Defense by 3 instead of 2.
Nature Power becomes Sludge Bomb.
Secret Power uses Acid Spray's animation, and may cause poisoning.
Changes Terrain Pulse's type to Poison, and doubles its base power.
Camouflage causes the user to become Poison type, and Mimicry changes the user into a Poison type.
Stats: 70 HP / 85 Atk / 140 Def / 85 SpA / 70 SpD / 20 Spe / 470 BST (Unchanged)

New Moves: Acid Armor, Bone Rush, Shore Up, Sludge Wave, Tar Pit, Tar Shot, Oil Slick, Venom Drench, Venoshock
Type:
fire.gif

Category:
other.png

Pow: -
Acc: -
Contact?: No

Sets up a hazard on the opposing side of the field, increasing the effectiveness of Fire-type attacks by 1.5 against each opposing Pokemon that switches in. No effect on Flying-type Pokemon or Pokemon with Levitate.
Type:
poison.gif

Category:
other.png

Pow: -
Acc: -
Contact?: No

Sets Tar Pit lol
Removed Moves: Fire Spin, Flame Charge, Flame Wheel, Iron Defense, Superpower

Role: Fire/Poison is a strong defensive type as it is immune to being burned or poisoned and boasts a plethora of resistances. This combined with immense physical bulk, reliable healing in Shore Up, and access to Water Absorb allows Torkoal to check and wall many potential offensive threats. Notably, Torkoal's immunity to Water allows it to wall Omastar while checking Kabutops and Armaldo (be wary of Kabu running Rock coverage and Armaldo running Rock or Ground coverage). Fire/Poison also offers great neutral coverage, and Torkoal can easily spread status using Lava Plume and Sludge Bomb.

Torkoal also provides utility in Stealth Rock, Toxic, Yawn, and its signature hazard Oil Slick; which bolsters the damage of Fire-type attacks against the opponent. While Oozing Tar seems like a promising ability for Torkoal, bolstering Poison-type attacks and punishing the opponent for using Fire-type attacks, Oozing Tar also punishes Torkoal for using Lava Plume and prevents it from checking/walling Water types, a detrimental and inferior ability for it.
"Oil deposits were much more common in the past. It is for this reason that Ancient Torkoal subsisted on and burned oil for energy."
"Ancient Torkoal took dips in tar pits, filling its hollow shell with oil. Its shell would often collect the bones of Pokémon who perished in the tar."

swinub.gif

Typing:
normal.gif
ice.gif

Abilities: Oblivious / No Guard | Thick Fat
Stats: 50 HP / 50 Atk / 40 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 50 Spe / 250 BST (Unchanged)

New Moves: Retaliate, Skull Bash, Swords Dance, Work Up
Removed Moves: Ancient Power, Earth Power, Mud Slap, Mud Shot, Sandstorm, Sand Tomb

Role: baby

piloswine-f.gif

Typing:
normal.gif
ice.gif

Stats: 100 HP / 100 Atk / 80 Def / 60 SpA / 60 SpD / 50 Spe / 450 BST (Unchanged)

New Moves: Mega Kick, Retaliate, Skull Bash, Stomp, Swords Dance, Work Up
Removed Moves: Ancient Power, Earth Power, Mud Slap, Mud Shot, Sandstorm, Sand Tomb

Role: tall baby

mamoswine-f.gif

Typing:
normal.gif
ice.gif

Stats: 110 HP / 130 Atk / 80 Def / 70 SpA / 60 SpD / 80 Spe / 530 BST (Unchanged)

New Moves: Mega Kick, Retaliate, Skull Bash, Stomp, Swords Dance, Work Up

Role: While Normal/Ice is a horrendous type defensively, is average offensively and is weak to hazards; Mamo can abuse its unique combination of No Guard STAB Mega Kick to deal massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it. No Guard also grants it a 100% accurate Icicle Crash as well. The addition of SD also turns Mamo into a terrifying sweeper. Otherwise, Mamo works more or less the same. Mamo can wallbreak with a Life Orb or a Choice Band (Boots if longevity is preferred over damage), and can suicide lead with Stealth Rock and Endeavor. Suicide lead Mamo should run Oblivious for immunity to Taunt and Double Edge to take itself out.
run blizzard if you real
"Ancient Mamoswine were grazers, munching on what little vegetation could survive the embittering ice age."
"Some scholars theorize that modern Mamoswine gained its Ground typing after being buried for thousands of years."

P6262_701-05688_02_full.jpg

Typing:
water.gif
rock.gif

Abilities: Swift Swim / Rock Head | Sturdy
Stats: 100 HP / 90 Atk / 130 Def / 45 SpA / 65 SpD / 55 Spe / 485 BST (Unchanged)

New Moves: None
Removed Moves: None

Role:
Screenshot 2022-01-13 042734.png

dog.png

Last edited:

Typing: Fire | Psychic
Abilities: Dark Smoke / Sturdy / Drought (HA)
*Dark Smoke — for 3 turns, adjacent Pokemon will lose 1/8 HP if an active Pokemon with this ability is hit by a physical move. cannot activate again until Dark Smoke clears up.
Stats: 70 | 70 | 110 | 90 | 110 | 20 (470)
New Moves: Trick Room, Psychic, Psyshock, Cosmic Power, Stored Power, Calm Mind
Removed Moves: all Rock moves
Role: Tank in both sides, can be an abuser of Stored Power, and can set up its own trick room to basically fuck up the speed tier.
Flavor: Back in the day, coal was mainly found in wetlands due to favorable conditions. Torkoal's inability to enter the waters at risk of it's flame being put out made it hard, so they would end up developing their mind to use telekinesis and dig out coal for their consumption.

Typing: Water / Fighting
Abilities: Strong Jaw | HA: Swift Swim Stats: 80 / 95 / 90 / 40 / 90 / 90 (485)
New Moves: Aqua Jet, Bite, Crunch, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Hyper Fang, Thunder Fang, Poison Fang, Psychic Fangs, Jaw Lock, Bulk Up, Rip Apart
*Rip Apart (Biting, Multi-hit), Fighting Type, 25 BP, 20 PP hits 2 - 5 times.
Removed Moves: all Rock type moves, all Ground moves, Skull Bash, Take Down, Zen Headbutt
Role: straightforward physical attacker
Flavor: It is said that Relicanth used to have teeth, but they have long since atrophied and became filter-feeders. Yet some did not have their teeth atrophied, causing them to be shunned away by their fellow Pokemon for not being "the perfect life form". Hence, the Relicanth-Ancient were left to fend on their own, soon dying out due to being mainly prey than predator.

XY spriter is down for some reason
Pokemon: A-Mamoswine
Typing: Ice/Grass
Abilities: Grass Pelt / Snow Force (Ice moves attacks have their power multiplied by 1.3 under Hail)/ Overcoat (HA)
Stats: 90 / 90 / 80 / 70 / 70 / 50 (450)
Added moves: Giga Drain, Grassy Glide, Leaf Storm, Petal Blizzard, Wood Hammer (these are just relevant moves)
Removed moves: all ground moves except High Horsepower

Pokemon: A-Mamoswine
Typing: Ice/Grass
Abilities: Grass Pelt / Snow Force (Ice moves attacks have their power multiplied by 1.3 under Hail)/ Overcoat (HA)
Stats: 90 / 110 / 80 / 90 / 70 / 90 (530)
Added moves: Giga Drain, Grassy Glide, Leaf Storm, Petal Blizzard, Wood Hammer (these are just relevant moves)
Removed moves: all ground moves except High Horsepower
Flavor: Piloswine and Mamoswine's fur coat used to be decorated with flora that manages to survive in the harsh cold of the ice age somehow. Though due to the intense climate change, the plants have faded and wilted to nothing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)