paralysis is the First Symptom: A Warstory

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was hanging out after finally getting Shoddy fixed on my computer. I was laddering because my rank was fairly low after two months of not playing. I still haven't gotten quite used to all the D/P changes but I figured that my old team would still work. I started a battle with a man named Tempest and for the first half of the match I was out played severly. paralysis is the status used most in this match. That's why the name is what it is.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause

Nicknames will be omitted
Leftovers will be omitted: Togekiss, Jirachi, Blissey, Skarmory
Comments will be omitted
Each pokemons health will be underlined at the end of a turn.
The score will be presented in Red
My comments will be in purple

Gen. Empoleon's team:

PNTempest's team:

Gen. Empoleon sent out Yanmega.
PNTempest sent out Heatran.

Alright, doesn't look that favorable for me at the beginning. I'm still stuck in the D/P metagame and being that I keep thinking Heatran is normally scarved. Because of this I opt for using protect so I can then outspeed said Heatran

Yanmega used Protect.
Yanmega protected itself!
Heatran used Hidden Power.
Yanmega protected itself!
Yanmega's Speed Boost raised its speed!

Yanmega: 100% Heatran: 100%

All according to plan really, I am curious to know why he picked Hidden Power of the more favorable FIRE attack. It doesn't matter, it's time to put this magma plant down for the night

Yanmega used Hypnosis.
Yanmega's attack missed!
It's super effective!
Yanmega lost 100% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Yanmega fainted.

Yanmega: was torn in half thanks to Heatran's "hidden" surprise Heatran: 100%
5-6 Tempest

Early kill by Tempest. Though it was my own fault for still using Hypnosis even when it has 60% acc. Yanmega isn't really that useful to me, people get Stealth Rocks up early enough to make it dangerous to send him in later. Though it was a first kill, it doesn't phaze my team at all. Now's my chance to send in my special tank and start gaining momentum.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Togekiss.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 52% of its health.
Togekiss used Thunder Wave.
Heatran is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Togekiss: 54% Heatran: 100% + Paralyzed

Paralsis is something that cripples all scarf users dead in their tracks. He's now slow and has no use other than to be dead weight and try to fight Togekiss. He probably could switch to another pokemon, but I think that Tempest is the kind of guy to "stick it out" (no sexual jokes please) with a pokemon until it has no use. Then he presumes to just let it die.

Togekiss used Aura Sphere.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 45% of its health.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 51% of its health.

Togekiss: 9% Heatran: 55% + paralyzed

Well Air Slash + Aura Sphere gives pretty good coverage to almost all of Togekiss's usual switch in's. THough Body Slam might be a better choice that's why I carry Jirachi. Ghosts usually come in on Togekiss too, which is why Thunder Wave is better. I'm getting side tracked here though. Togekiss is running low on health and he needs to heal up so he can continue the fight.

Togekiss used Roost.
Togekiss restored 50% of its health.
Togekiss lost 24% of its health.

Togekiss: 29% Heatran: 55% + paralyzed

Nothing really interesting happened this match, though I still am pretty sure he's running Scarf Tran as he hasn't tried any other kind of move on me. Togekiss is still pretty low on health, she needs to get that straight up. Well... another turn of roosting can't hurt right?

PNTempest switched in Blissey.
Togekiss used Roost.

Togekiss: 85% Blissey: 100%

Damn, a Blissey. These do wall Togekiss, but the ironic thing is Togekiss walls Blissey. Well time to Thunder Wave again. Though this Blissey might be running toxic the only pokemon that'll get status by her is Togekiss. If it's toxic I'll switch to Jirachi to start the Haxing for the physical side of the game. If it's Thunder Wave. Eh. I'm Thunder Waving back. even though it's on a Natural Cure pokemon don't let her fool you. Getting paralized is a bitch for her.

Blissey is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Blissey used Thunder Wave.
Togekiss is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Togekiss: 91% + paralyzed Blissey: 100% + paralyzed

Well... looks like Togekiss is going to get a limited run this game. This was a turning point when I started to realize that pokemon might be getting paralized left and right, and if they do then I'm in a whole lot of trouble.

It's super effective!
Blissey lost 18% of its health.
Blissey used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 24% of its health.

Togekiss: 73% + Paralyzed Blissey: 88% + Paralyzed

I attack Blissey with Aura Sphere getting some Super Effective damage, and mostly to see what kind of blissey I'm up against. Because she used Ice Beam I can safely assume it's the Thunder Wave, Ice Beam, Soft Boiled, Heal Bell. Although she hasn't Heal Belled to save Heatran makes me wonder if she's carry Thunder Bolt or perhaps Scismic Toss.

It's super effective!
Blissey lost 18% of its health.
Blissey is paralysed! It can't move!

Togekiss: 79% + paralyzed Blissey: 76% + Paralyzed
Nothing really happened this turn...

PNTempest switched in Starmie.
It's not very effective...
A critical hit!
Starmie lost 29% of its health.

Togekiss: 85% + Paralyzed Starmie: 71%

Damn, a Starmie. ANOTHER Natural Cure pokemon. Even though I run the very odd Calm 252 SpDef Togekiss I'm frightened by the fact that if this is Spec's Mie then Togekiss is gone and Starmie then can run right through my team.

Starmie used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Togekiss lost 59% of its health.
Togekiss is paralysed! It can't move!

Togekiss: 32% + paralyzed Starmie: 71%
Alright, good. It's not Specs-Mie other wise that Critical Hit would have killed. It's not Life Orb Mie either, and since it's not leftovers it's not Bulky Mie. I have seen the very occasional Scarf-Mie which are a minor inconvience. Having seen no other item I set my mind that it is in fact Scarf-mie and that it'll probably out speed my Deoxys. I keep Togekiss in heal, than Paralize Starmie forcing a switch.

Starmie used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 29% of its health.
Togekiss used Roost.

Toegkiss: 59% + Paralyzed Starmie: 71%

Nothing really to add this turn. It's a pretty weak Starmie. If it must be Timid, making it for sure out run my Deoxys

Starmie used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 31% of its health.

Togekiss: 34% + Paralyzed Starmie: 71%

That turn I was going to Paralize Starmie forcing the switch allowing me to scout out more of his team. So far I've seen Heatran, Blissey and Starmie. I wonder what else he has.

Starmie used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 33% of its health.
Togekiss used Roost.

Togekiss: 57% + Paralyzed Starmie: 71%

I need to heal so I can get off a Thunder Wave THEN heal so I can continue doing what I do best. Stall the opponent. THough Togekiss has shown me three pokemon it's my hopes she can show four.

Starmie used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 31% of its health.
Starmie is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Togekiss: 32% + Paralyzed Starmie: 71% + Paralyzed

Perfect, got then paralyze and now Starmie has no choice but to switch out. She may choose to attack, but I'll roost to get my HP up then start stalling some more.

PNTempest switched in Heatran.
Togekiss used Roost.

Togekiss: 88% + Paralyzed Heatran: 55% + Paralyzed

Heatran comes back in on my turn to heal. I'm under the assumption that it is scarfed, along with the Starmie. Having said that Tempest has a lot of fast pokemon that will OHKO all my fast fraile sweepers. I decided to use Aura Sphere it hit heatran in the face and possible kill

It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 48% of its health.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 45% of its health.

Togekiss: 46% + Paralyzed Heatran: 10% + Parlyzed

It's almost dead and I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Problem is, I miscalculated. Togekiss is dead next turn. I hope that I can get one more Aura Sphere of so I can go down in glory

PNTempest switched in Dugtrio.

Togekiss: 46% + Paralyzed Dugtrio: 100%
Togekiss has done her job. It's also important to know what kind of dugrtio this is. I'm losing a pokemon know mater what if it's Life Orb. If it's banded I can switch in Lucario safely and set up a sweep. It is best for Togekiss to die.

Dugtrio used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Togekiss lost 62% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Togekiss fainted.
Dugtrio lost 10% of its health.

Togekiss: Split in two Dugtrio: 90%
4-6 Tempest

Well... Life Orb Trio takes the cake. it's time to get my first kill of the match.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Lucario.
Lucario is my choice so I can OHKO it with a priorty move like Bullet Punch. I run: Swords Dance, Close Combat, Ice Punch, Bullet Punch. I don't use Extreme Speed because now that the Rotom fourms are running rampart they usually end up getting wasted.

Lucario used Bullet Punch.
Dugtrio lost 75% of its health.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
dugtrio used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Lucario lost 90% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Lucario fainted.
Dugtrio lost 10% of its health.

Lucario: Knee caps broken Dugtrio: 5%
3-6 Tempest
Ok... well that wasn't really what I decided would happen. Dugtrio has shitty defenses and I though Bullet Punch would be a OHKO for sure. As shocked and awed I am. I realize that I'm getting dominated this match. I need to make a comeback fast.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Jirachi.
Jirachi is the only thing right now that can take a physical attack and live to tell the tale. I send her out in hopes of him switching to Scarf-Mie and me hitting the switch with U-Turn.

Dugtrio used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 62% of its health.
Dugtrio lost 5% of its health.
PNTempest's Nobody fainted.
Jirachi used U-turn.
But there was no target!

Jirachi: 44% Dugtrio: killed himself due to depression
3-5 Tempest

Well... the first kill I get and Jirachi for sure isn't going to take much more damage. I hope that the remaining hidden pokemon isn't a stron sweeper like Metagross. Then I am screwed.

PNTempest switched in Starmie.

Phew, Scarf-Mie. I won't be taking much damage. Time to U-Turn to Deoxys and get my second kill.

Starmie used Surf.
Jirachi lost 33% of its health.
Jirachi used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 43% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon switched in Deoxys-e.
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!

Jirachi: 17% Starmie: 71%
Deoxys: 100%
Jirachi is now just a free switch in for another pokemon next time he comes out, but it doesn't matter now. It's time to kill that Starmie with my powerful Thunder Bolt.

Starmie used Surf.
Deoxys-e lost 59% of its health.
Deoxys-e used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 28% of its health.
PNTempest's Starmie fainted.

Deoxys: 41% Starmie: Frizzled fo shizzle
3-4 Tempest
Ok, good. I was right about the Timid thing and since we haven't seen a Late-Game Deoxys in a very long time then I'm pretty sure I have confused Tempest into thinking it's a Spec'd pokemon.

PNTempest switched in Gallade.
I was right, he was pretty sure I'm spec'd or I'm not carrying anything that can hurt Gallade, and he's right. Gallade, ???, Blissey and Heatran can all be OHKO'd by Deoxys. well... maybe not ??? but perhaps. I switch in Jirachi to see what kind of Gallade he'll be running. If he's running Hypnosis I fall asleep I head straight to Gyarados to set up and sweep.
Gen. Empoleon switched in Jirachi.
Gallade used Thunder Wave.
Jirachi is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Jirachi: 17% + Paralyzed Gallade: 100%

Thunder Wave. I let Jirachi die then I go to Gyarados to take a Thunder Wave. DD-Once then can OHKO all his pokemon. Gallade usually doesn't carry a Gyarados counter if it's running Thunder Wave.
Gallade used Close Combat.
A critical hit!
Jirachi lost 17% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Jirachi fainted.
Gallade's defence was lowered.
Gallade's special defence was lowered.

Jirachi: Was found beaten in an ally Gallade: 100% - 1Def/SpDef
2-4 Tempest

All according to my plan

Gen. Empoleon switched in Gyarados.
Gyarados's intimidate cut Gallade's attack!

Gyarados intimidates weakening his attack to allow me to have even have a higher chance of getting my sweep.

Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.
Gallade used Thunder Wave.
Gyarados is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

Gyarados: 100% + 1Atk/Spe + Paralyzed Gallade: 100% - 1Def/SpDef - 1Atk

I have mapped out every single move from here on out. Knowing Gallade is probably runnins Shadow Sneak Swords Dance Thunder Wave Close Combat I use Waterfall and kill it.

Gallade used Close Combat.
It's not very effective...
Gyarados lost 26% of its health.
Gallade's defence was lowered.
Gallade's special defence was lowered.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Gallade lost 100% of its health.
PNTempest's Gallade fainted.
Gyarados lost 10% of its health.

Gyarados: 64% + 1Atk/Spe Gallade: Drowned
2-3 Tempest

Beautiful. Blissey is going to be OHKO'd with Waterfall, but I still don't know if it's running Aromatherapy. It would make things a lot easier if Tempest caried about his Heatran. Speaking of which...

PNTempest switched in Heatran.

I think Heatran is here to wear me down with Life Orb damage. I'm faster since we're both paralized but I have greater speed.

Gyarados used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 10% of its health.
PNTempest's Heatran fainted.
Gyarados lost 10% of its health.

Gyarados: 54% + 1Atk/Spe + Paralyzed Heatran: Knees were broken
2-2 Tied

If his hidden pokemon isn't something Deoxys can hit for Super Effective damage and if it's a strong fast sweeper then the games over.

PNTempest switched in Skarmory.

I'm not killing this metal bird any time soon. There is one thing I can do though. With Gyarados's final breath I can gravely injure the Skarmory and then finish it with Deoxys.

Skarmory used Brave Bird.
Gyarados lost 49% of its health.
Skarmory was hit by recoil!
Skarmory lost 16% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Skarmory lost 55% of its health.
Gyarados lost 5% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Gyarados fainted..

Gyarados: Killed himself due to depression Skarmory: 35%
1-2 Tempest

At this point the match can really go either way. If he realizes my Deoxys is the Mix-oxys and switches to Blissey then to Skarmory to take the SuperPower than I am gone.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Deoxys-e.
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!

Well... I look at this battle and realize how truly great of a comeback I had. Tempest had me on the ropes for the entire match. Even now I don't know what to do.

PNTempest switched in Blissey.
Blissey lost 9% of its health.

Deoxys: 41% Blissey: 73%

My worst fear is 1/2 complete. I pray he think I'm only a special deoxys and keeps Blissey in.

Deoxys-e used Superpower.
It's super effective!
Blissey lost 73% of its health.
PNTempest's Blissey fainted.
Deoxys-e's attack was lowered.
Deoxys-e's defence was lowered.

Deoxys: 41% - 1Atk/Def Blissey: Got superman'd that hoe
1-1 Tied

Beautiful. Deoxys's does it's job and we're ready to finish it with one clean Thunder Bolt to Skarmory.

PNTempest switched in Skarmory.

Well played Tempest.

It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 35% of its health.
PNTempest's Skarmory fainted.
Gen. Empoleon wins!

Props:
Deoxys, for being that fantastic late game sweeper I am in love with.
Gyarados, he took down two pokemon and severly hurt the third
Togekiss, for being my physical wall of glory.
Tempest, for being a rockin' battler

Slops:
Hypnosis, for being reduced to 60% acc
Bullet Punch, because it couldn't OHKO a dugtrio
Thunder Wave, because that was the dominate status all match.
Blissey, I just hate her.​

nice battle, fun read.

tempest has only just began battling and already made it into 2 warstories that he didn't even made.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Nice battle, both opponents played well until the end...Tempest didnt predict the super power coming. Oh well nice comeback win, I would have left personally after BP didnt kill trio lol

Overall, this is quite nice. The formatting is something I haven't seen before, and it works! One thing, though: the status variations after the turns (e.g. "Yanmega: Crispy") seemed a little... forced. Can you maybe think of other ones? It's fine, but I just think that'd make it better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)