Partners in Crime

We all know how invigoratingly fun PP stalling is amirite, well why not crank up the fun-meter to full blast with these funtastic cores;
or

Slowbro @ Leftovers/Slowbronite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Slack Off
- Scald/Skill Swap

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spite
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Night Shade/Seismic Toss/Toxic

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spite
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Metal Burst

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Protect

Below you will find multiple paragraphs explaining stuff. pls note these cores are a WIP that i made in like 15 min, so improvements would be fabulous.
If you haven't already guessed these cores are here to milk every last drop of PP from your opposition until they eventually struggle to death. Since both of your Pokemon share pressure courtesy of this metagame, your opponent will lose 3 pp each time it uses a move (correct me if i'm wrong, i haven't tested these lel). Add spite to the mix and you can drain 7 pp per turn for each opponent, which means that low pp moves such as blizzard, draco meteor and hydro pump are completely drained in just one turn. Even the popular spread moves like heat wave, rock slide and earthquake can only be used twice if spite is used on the same turns. Even the mighty follow me/rage powder with 32 PP can only be used 3 times before it all dries up.
Of course you don't have to use spite every turn, you can also protect-stall if you wish.
Onto the cores themselves. The first core is very good and I believe can be used on regular teams if you wish. Iron defense and amnesia are pretty great and allow them wall many threats after setting up, and having access to multiple forms of recovery in slack off and rest allows them to heal in the best way possible depending on their situation. Spite is the star of the show, I don't need to go over it twice so moving on. ShadeToss/Scald/Toxic is your means of reliable damage, because otherwise the opponent can just switch back and forth until you lose all your pp (the irony). Skill Swap because fuck you Mega Sableye. Restalk has a whole bunch of purposes, whether it be completely restoring HP and status or taking advantage of sleep inducers, but the main reason (one many pp stallers are familiar with) your moves only have so much pp themselves, spite especially only has 16 pp so you can't throw it around willy nilly. Restalk along with spite are your best options when it comes to draining PP (well protect is pretty useful as well tbh).
Core number 2 isn't as good but it has it's merits, and if you are planning to make a full on PP stall team then it's a good addition to the original core. While Suicune lacks the intense stat boosting options of Slowbro, Suicune is bulkier than Slowbro on both sides and has pressure, which means his teammate can have something else, such as, oh i dunno, maybe magic bounce? To top it off this core has a MUUUUUUCH better type synergy compared to the other one, so it isn't as immediately threatened. What's more, Sableye has metal burst. Huh? An attack? lel 2 ez m8 i r8 8/8 while i finger my prost8.
I dunno what good teammates it would have. Clefable and Zapdos look promising (Zapdos punishes aerilate/gale wings and has pressure, while Clefable is Clefable), Cofagrigus and Doublade might be good backup spite users, and Pressure Kyurem could be useful. Thundy-T for discharge and EQ immunity + self healing maybe?
About Team 1. Pressure doesn't stack up so a Pokemon that hits your Slowbro/ Dusclops will only loose 2 PP unless the Pokemon uses a move like Earthquake, Rock Slide ect. I think that Dusclops is outclassed by Deoxys D. Although Deoxys D can't use evolvite and doesn't have Spite, it has a better defense stat, not crippled by Knock Out, can use an item, and has a better move pool. Also Sleep Talk + Rest is unreliable because the chances off getting the move you want is 1/7th rather than 1/3th.

Might comment on your second team later.

Just going to drop this here from the DOU Creative Sets thread, I recommend most of the people here to read it.

What are some things that constitute a bad gimmick?
  • Movesets that are not practical or are extremely outclassed by another Pokemon.
  • Movesets that have a lack of consistency, e.g. Prankster Swagger spam, excessive use of set-up moves (Acid Armor + Calm Mind for instance), etc
  • Tactics/Combos that revolve completely around one partner assisting another and are hence too difficult to pull off in most matches (Skill Swap + Slaking, Beat Up + Justified, etc)
  • Usually sets involving stalling will be considered gimmicks, since there isn't enough time to pull stalling off in Doubles matches due to the fast-paced nature of the metagame
  • As a last note, a good way to check whether a set is gimmicky if you aren't sure is to consider A) whether Taunt would shut your strategy down, and B) will this strategy take more than one turn to put into effect? If either of these are true it is likely (there are some exceptions to this) your set is in fact a gimmick
Just saying, most of the cores here fall under at least one of those requirements.

Testing I Like Donkeys first pair on the gimmick scale.

What are some things that constitute a bad gimmick?
  • Movesets that are not practical or are extremely outclassed by another Pokemon. Dusclops
  • Movesets that have a lack of consistency, e.g. Prankster Swagger spam, excessive use of set-up moves (Acid Armor + Calm Mind for instance), etc Iron Defense + Amnesia
  • Tactics/Combos that revolve completely around one partner assisting another and are hence too difficult to pull off in most matches (Skill Swap + Slaking, Beat Up + Justified, etc) PP Stall
  • Usually sets involving stalling will be considered gimmicks, since there isn't enough time to pull stalling off in Doubles matches due to the fast-paced nature of the metagame Stall
  • As a last note, a good way to check whether a set is gimmicky if you aren't sure is to consider A) whether Taunt would shut your strategy down, and B) will this strategy take more than one turn to put into effect? If either of these are true it is likely (there are some exceptions to this) your set is in fact a gimmick Taunt and takes a while to boost stats.
So yeah that set makes gimmicks lucky that they aren't that gimmicky.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell / Protect / Rock Blast / Hidden Power Fire

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earth Power / Focus Blast / Substitute / Hidden Power Fire
- Ice Beam / Focus Blast / Substitute / Hidden Power Fire

I don't know how good this "core" is because of the popularity of priority, especially espeed and fake out, but otherwise kyurem can really destroy bulkier builds after a shell smash and 6-0 offense if they lack fake out or espeed (which they shouldn't, because ate speed is really good) or after they are gone. I personally would run protect on one of them because unless the opponent have dual espeed/fake out or some random scarf priority user, they can't take both of them out after a shell smash. Ice shard +2 can murder gale wings bar skarmory and maybe a couple others. Also teravolt bypasses unaware so you can't wall this without really bulky mons.

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 300-355 (101 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 130-153 (38.9 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kyurem-B Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 630-745 (160.3 - 189.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 216-255 (62.9 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kyurem-B Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 430-505 (122.1 - 143.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kyurem-B Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 455-545 (102.4 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 268-316 (82.7 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kyurem-B Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 940-1120 (146.4 - 174.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Kyurem-B Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 142-168 (46.7 - 55.2%) -- 62.5% chance to 2HKO

It is worth mentioning however, with such an offensive meta, kyub will probably find a hard time sweeping teams, yet alone setting up a shell smash. You would definitely need support such as burns and intimidate so kyub doesn't die the second after it shell smashes, especially because kyub is weak to a lot of thing courtesy to its ice typing.

Last edited:

Conkeldurr @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Protect
- Knock Off / Bulk Up

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance / Knock Off / Facade
- Roost
- Earthquake / Facade
- Stone Edge

Here is a decent core featuring poison heal + guts. Yes it is weak to ate speed, but seriously, what isn't weak to ate speed? Especially since dragonite gets eq and elemental punches and Pinsir gets close combat and eq. You need some flash fire / levitate steel to wall that. Anyways, between guts, poison heal and drain punch Conkeldurr can get back a lot of its hp back. After a boost or two, Mach punch can also beat frailer mons that can threaten it with special attacks. Alternatively it can also run bulk up to make it harder to take down on the physical side, and gliscor can sort of check special attacking mons with its decent SpDef combined with roost and protect.

Of course you can run a normal type instead of Conkeldurr, but only 3 borderline unviable mons get guts, raticate, swell ow and ursaring(this one is semi viable)

Testing I Like Donkeys first pair on the gimmick scale.
  • As a last note, a good way to check whether a set is gimmicky if you aren't sure is to consider A) whether Taunt would shut your strategy down, and B) will this strategy take more than one turn to put into effect? If either of these are true it is likely (there are some exceptions to this) your set is in fact a gimmick Taunt and takes a while to boost stats.
Although note that Taunt doesn't work against Oblivious, and it only works against Magic Bounce if you have Mold Breaker.

Also from the original post (which is on the previous page so I'm too lazy to quote it) Pressure won't affect self-targeting moves such as Rage Powder.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I notice a distinct lack of Furfrou cores. This is unacceptable cuz Fur Coat OP af lol

Furfrou @ Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD or 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Careful Nature or Impish Nature
- U-Turn
- Helping Hand / Protect
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Snarl / Protect

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Sludge Bomb / Protect
- Giga Drain / Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

I think this could make for a nice defensive backbone on a balanced team. Of course I know next to nothing about doubles so lol but here it goes. Furfrou is there to give Fur Coat to teammates basically. It looks like a great partner for Amoonguss, as Amoonguss can easily use Rage Powder to take the Fighting and special type attack Furfrou dislikes, while they can status everything w/ Toxic/Spore/Thunder Wave. U-Turn + Regenerator on both/either is also fantastic for pivoting. In fact, it might be good to give both min speed to bring in your stronger mons safely. Snarl is a useful tool, as is Helping Hand for the offensive part of the balance team (apparently full stall is bad in doubles, which I can understand). Clefable is here for more support, offering both of the first two mons (who lack recovery outside of items/regen) recovery via Heal Pulse, and clearing up their status while preventing passive damage. Idk about clef tbh lol it might be able to go but it's another fighting resist which is cool for Furfrou. I think a cool strat might be to use Snarl and TWave Turn 1, then TWave or Spore w/ Furfrou and U-Turn w/ Amoong, into a strong fast mon with spread coverage, such as Terrakion, for Helping Hand Rock Slide. Idk, lmk what you guys think :]

Other cores that seem fun include Tran+Cress (Trick Room --> Eruption spam and both are immune to common spread moves such as Heat Wave and Earthquake), SS mon + Kube + Tough Claws Mega, and Prankster Sleep.

I've already made like three teams in anticipation of this being coded. n_n Unfortunately though, I fear that may never happen :/

Regardless, this is a great meta that has been thrown around as an idea for a long time, but has never been accepted because of the coding difficulty. I absolutely see Mega-Aero being the threat to beat, as Tough Claws Gale Wings Brave Bird is going to push it wayyy over the top. Otherwise, countless random strategies will dominate the tier, and I'm excited to find out which are the best!

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I've already made like three teams in anticipation of this being coded. n_n Unfortunately though, I fear that may never happen :/
I'm trying ok :(
Real life has picked up too so I'm not gonna have as much time but giving up is lame. Other people please feel free to code it too <3

Even if this was posted before these were the first two things that came to mind

(Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Stealth Rock
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp

(Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

(Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Protect

(Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Defog

Both are painful
Also double HP typings o3o

I guess after a bit of reading after the first post made me decide to round things off with this.
(Noivern) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo

(Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Protect

Dark void is banned, and with how fast this meta is stally tactics like Toxic won't work (that would clash with Dark Void though anyway). I would expect things such as Klefki+Smeargle to not really be that good if and when the meta is coded.
Feint > Quick Attack on Pinsir, as it beats Talonflame in the priority war and breaks Protect with just a bit less power.
Telepathy > Infiltrator so you don't hit your own Pinsir with Boomburst lol.

That does call to mind the annoying tactic of Prankster+Own Tempo Teeter Dance. Lilligant, Smeargle, Ludicolo, Grumpig, and Spinda all provide Own Tempo Teeter Dance, meaning you can combine any of them with any random Prankster. Smeargle is the obvious abuser, since it has an amazing Status movepool of course, but the others have advantages in bulk, and Lilligant in particular also donates Quiver Dance and Own-Tempo-benefitting Petal Dance to other potential allies. Confusion is unreliable, obviously, but on average you can expect one of your opponents to hit themselves in their Confusion each turn, and Teeter Dance only uses one of your Pokemon's turns (The other one can do some other Prankster move) so... actually kind of reliable/obnoxious.

Serperior is probably better off running Glare or something than a Hidden Power -it can get coverage (Such as Surf) from Latios, and the core doesn't really have any reason to be running Defog (Hazards have a low influence in Doubles) so Latios can run expanded coverage or other utility moves like Recover. Latios running a Hidden Power is also dubious, for that matter, especially since Hidden Power is probably going to behave weirdly in Partners in Crime.

Hey, Snaquaza, any specific intentions regarding PP usage? What happens, PP-wise, with shared moves?

A good combo may be this:

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Taunt

Firstly, rampardos protected while aero use tailwind. Then you have a 165 flawless head smash and a sheere force boosted rock slide. Not so great defense, but they hit like a truck

252 Atk Life Orb Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 216-255 (64.6 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also Sheninja+forretres: the invincible duo

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Taunt

Firstly, rampardos protected while aero use tailwind. Then you have a 165 flawless head smash and a sheere force boosted rock slide. Not so great defense, but they hit like a truck

252 Atk Life Orb Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 216-255 (64.6 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Wonder Guard is banned. It says so at least in the OP.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Taunt

Flat out loses to water type+other mon, especially rain. 2 rock types on the same team is pretty dangerous especially in the current doubles format, and this is no exception since u cant even really hit the waters that hard. Thunder Punch is doing like 0 to them.
If anything there is 0 reason to run Thunder Punch in the first place because Head Smash hits way harder on every target (even Gyarados which is 4x weak to thunderpunch takes more from Head Smash because it's weak to it). Same goes for EQ because it's non-STAB and really only hits steels for noticeable damage, which you have Fire Punch for in the first place. I think Rampardos should run more useful coverage if you're really planning on using this tbh

Earthquake on Rampardos is primarily useful as an option for spread damage when dealing with things that resist Rock -most notably Steel types, whom are also vulnerable. As a coverage move in a generic sense, it's bad... but Doubles format.

Fire Punch has the specific niche of dealing with Levitate-backed Steel types. Since this is Partners in Crime, that's actually relevant. Still, Rampardos also has some odd moves like Pain Split (???) that might be worth considering instead. Thunder Punch is... yeah, probably completely worthless.

Also worth commentary is that if you're so afraid of Rain, you can have a Water immunity Ability Pokemon in back as a switch-in, potentially still get the Tailwind up by setting Tailwind while switching in the Water immunity.

Regardless, I'd actually prefer Nidoking as a Sheer Force Head Smasher partner, as it has a considerably more useful movepool overall, a better Speed tier, STAB on Earthquake... and of course is actually functional on the Special end, so it can be used as a foil to attempts to wall the pair on the Physical end. Yes, it has less Attack and lacks STAB on Head Smash, but honestly you're going to be hitting crazy hard in the first place, and you've got Aerodactyl to provide the majority of your firepower, ie you can point Aerodactyl at the tougher of the two enemies and Nidoking at the more fragile one.

Honestly, I suspect Partners in Crime will encourage a lot of "cores" that are two Pokemon with another Pokemon that works well as a switch-in for the core.

Are these good?

Serperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Protect

Dragalge @ Leftovers
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

------------------
Or

Excadrill @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Rock Slide

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Bonemerang
- Protect

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse

Are these good?

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Protect

Dragalge @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
This seems like it would be a pretty cool thing to use if it didn't get destroyed by bird spam D: the items should be Life Orb though imo, and maybe Dragalge could be switched for something else with Adaptability (like Close Combat spam Lucario maybe?).
Or

Excadrill @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Rock Slide

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Bonemerang
- Protect
This one has a few areas that could be better tbh. Smeargle will only be providing this support to Excadrill really and not much else first of all (quite a few things can use Shift Gear, but Gear Grind and Bonemerang may be exclusively useful for Excadrill. Second, it might not be a great idea to ever run Protect on Smeargle, as Spiky Shield is better (same effects but Spiky Shield does damage to things that make contact; King's Shield doesn't block status btw so that's why I wasn't recommending that over Spiky Shield).

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
This metagame will be extremely unbalanced unless appropriate bans are made. There are many other combinations that may need to go, but here are some that need to addressed immediately:
  • Sleep Inducing Moves: Prankster Spore will essentially break the game. Diancie will be the single most used mega since it gets Magic Bounce, and a bunch of stuff will be forced to run Quick Guard or Taunt to prevent from getting steam rolled. Prankster in itself is not really the problem, since there are other balanced strategies it can be used in (Mega Gengar + Thundurus: Prankster Wow + Hex anyone?)
  • Chlorophyll/Swift Swim(/Sand Rush): Instant +2 Speed to both mons on the field, weather will become very over centralizing.
  • Rock Slide + Serene Grace: if 30% spread flinch wasn't bad enough, let's make it 60%. In my opinion Serene Grace itself isn't the problem since there seem to be no other broken moves with secondary effects it could be used in conjunction with (Diamond Storm is only available for Diancie and its not like it would be walling anything anyways)
With the absence of Mega Kangaskhan, Diancie, Metagross, and Charizard will come to fill the void it left. They'll work in a Rock-Paper-Scissors type fashion, each losing to one and winning to the other. If Chlorophyll is not banned, the three will be on relatively equal footing with one another. Otherwise, Metagross and Diancie (+ Jirachi + Levitate mon) will rise to the top.

Why not just turn Sleep Clause ON? Spore as a whole becomes a lot less annoying. It's on in other dubs styled metas (some being unofficial, but Doubles AAA, Doubles BH, Gen 5 DOU, and it was even on in early XY), so it wouldn't be too crazy to let Prankster Spore roam free while not letting it get stupid. It would be incredibly difficult to complex ban stuff, like you wouldn't even be able to run Prankster mons+Spore on the same team if we don't just go to turn on sleep mod. Also, we could turn off Hypnogravity clause :)
Weather could be pretty scary tbh. I can very much agree there as Politoed auto gets Swift Swim boosts and just switching a partner in could reset weather. Also if u want to be a dick you could put a Storm Drain mon on there and surfspam to infinity, which wouldn't be fun at all. Sun u could just spam scarf solar power+drought heat wave and get really good wins with it. However, I don't think it's the weather abusing abilities that need to be looked at, but rather the weather abilities themselves since they would be causing this havoc.
Definitely agree with Serene Grace that's just gonna get really old to have in the tier. This would low key ban Jirachi too ;)
Metagross would autolose to Rain/Sun before weather ability bans, and afterward would still have trouble to firespam and stuff. It won't be a part of any centralization triangle, but it sure does check fairy spam/burdspam pretty well... As for Charizard, post weather ability ban it would only be used for zard x, but beforehand it would be good for helping seal a KO on clefairy before it dies by Diancie I guess?

After more thought, here are some possibly really good megas here
  • Diancie. It benefits from almost every partner possible and is already a stellar mon. It doesn't have much to offer though, as things that enjoy what Diancie can offer usually stack weakness with Diancie, but it can still fuck shit up fam.
  • Aerodactyl. Fire resist+Bird resist+Tough Claws is some useful stuff in this meta, as well as very fast supportive moves like Taunt/Sky Drop.
  • Blaziken. Fire resist and Speed Boost are incredible, and it gets like fast Stone Edge and Low Kick and such.
  • Camerupt. TRICK ROOM COMING THROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH.
  • Gengar. Fast Taunt+Fast Will-o-wisp+Perish Song.
  • Houndoom. At least until weather abilities get banned.
  • Lopunny. Really fast Encore and Fake Out makes it a really cool mon, plus it's sending over Scrappy to its partner.
  • Lucario. Fucking god.
  • Manectric. Discharge spam could be useful pre-mega and of course double intimidates are amazing.
  • Metagross. Said enough already.
  • Pidgeot. (?) It could give No Guard Hurricanes to lots of things, and give No Guard to Prankster Stun Spore and/or Grass Whistle Whimsicott.
  • Pinsir. This won't be that great considering it loses to a lot of the meta but Aerilate thoooooo
  • Sableye. It may have a pretty odd niche in this meta game tbh, but it's probably there nonetheless.
  • Scizor. It passes Technician of all abilities to its partner, has amazing natural bulk, and gets Technician STAB Bullet Punch to drill into fairies (which it can switch into with ease)
  • Swampert. It'll be cool until the weather ban at least :x
  • Venusaur... providing Thick Fat to its partners, making it a prime check to sun and rain all at once. Resists Fairy, but has difficulty with birdspam. Also in this meta it's not afraid of Kangaskhan :DDDDD
  • Zard X. Tough Claws, DD, it all gets passed, what's to explain?
  • Zard Y. Weather ban though...

ANYWAY I WAS JUST THINKING OF THIS S1CK CORE

Basically you have Dragon Dance and Multiscale and Extreme Speed passed onto Mega Diancie while Dragonite gets... Magic Bounce I guess. Specs Sylveon both gives Dragonite's Extreme Speed Pixilate boosts and Mega Diancie's Return a Pixilate boost and STAB, which works well after boosts. Specs Sylveon is also particularly good at just yelling the fuck at its opponents like there's no tomorrow when paired with a boosted attacker, and I guess it also passes Mega Diancie pixilated Hyper Voices too now that I think about it.
+Particularly good Brave Bird spam matchup
+Very good Aerilate matchup
+Takes on fires pretty well
+Diancie has Clear Body pre-mega for the lead double intimidate that tries to fuck with diancie/dragonite's boosting.
-Not so great matchup against opposing Fairies
-Struggles against Bullet Punch Metagross (I know I ragged on it in the post but it doesn't mean it doesn't threaten Diancie) or Scizor.

This loves fire type companions to resist Hyper Voice+deal with Scizor. Volcarona's pretty cool since it passes over Flame Body and can pass over Quiver Dance for some hot stuff :^) or it can carry Rage Powder and redirect steel attacks from Diancie completely.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Iron Head
(Possibly Mega Chomp)

Ninjask
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- X-Scissor

Maybe this can be the first "d dancing garchomp"

I'm kinda neutral on all the proposed bans but lemme just highlight something real quick: Ampharos, with its ability 'Plus' being shared by both partners and, thus, becoming active, has a damage output on par with Mega Mewtwo Y.

+1 252+ SpA Ampharos Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 213-252 (68.4 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 211-249 (67.8 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

... and that's without a boosting item. Point is that it's fucking powerful, and its partner in crime will be too.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Tailwind
- Protect

Ampharos @ Life Orb
Ability: Plus
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Earth Power

Latios is powerful, lets Ampharos avoid Earthquakes, and appreciates Ampharos's ability to handle Steel-types. KyuB shows up in case the opponent gets snarkwise and tries to shove up a Volt Absorber or some shit, and holds a Scarf to give a little backup speed control. Also handles Levitran. Ampharos carries enough speed to outpace Scarf Landorus-Therian under Tailwind, and a Life Orb for moar damage. Just a quick core to give an impression of what Ampharos can do. Might also be usable with Mega Lucario, though you're then hella weak to Earthquake and also birdspam is harder to circumvent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)