Announcement passing the torch

hey folks, i got some news! let me reminisce a bit first though.

its weird to think that in 2013 I found PS from a youtuber's video on the ubers ladder and it brought me all the way here. i joined the related PS room and posted nonsense like everyone else and it wasn't so long after that i got roomvoiced and joined the forums. looking for a clear way to contribute to the community, i figured i'd get good at writing analyses for shitmons - i could improve my writing and lessen the load on the experienced contributors. i still find it hard to believe 2013 was 7 years ago. from my early days in the PS room, to my first UPLs on the drizzlers, to my time as ubers leader and everything inbetween, ive had a pretty fun and very interesting time to say the least.

ubers has come a long way since i joined. when i joined we were once a highly censored community unable to discuss anything related to the overall tier - asking about bans got you muted or infracted. i'd like to think that over the time i've been around as a random, badgeholder, moderator and leader, i helped to push new ideals and let folks have a real say in ubers, the tier. its been a long road filled with challenges, but i think we're in a pretty good spot in the grand scheme of things. we have elevated standards for action, and are able to take complex actions that would be deemed insanity in other tiers to stay true to the original spirit. time can always change us though, and im curious to see what happens next.

if you haven't guessed already though, it won't be me that takes you there. the same fire i had for wanting to contribute to everything ubers and change the overall state of things has been dimmed by other commitments, and my lower activity is going to become a hindrance to the progress of ubers. its better to leave on a high note on my own terms, so for the sake of something i've put all this time into, it's time for me to pass the torch to some new blood and let them continue where i left off.

i'll still exist as a shadow, but i'm retiring from all my active responsibilities. replacing me will be the duo of TonyFlygon and Icemaster. between them they bring the energy and knowledge that Ubers needs to continue on, and i hope you welcome and support them as they lead ubers towards bigger things. i'll leave you with the updated team i was most known for in oras - to the glorious future.

shoutouts would end up being lengthy and id have no idea where to go with them, so instead i'll say to all of you - thanks for having me. see you around!

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
I haven't been around nearly as long as 7 years, but I have been around with you as tl, and a great one at that. GL with everything in the future, we'll miss the tyrant leader:psyglad:

Also congrats to tony and ice, well deserved :blobthumbsup:

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
We don’t really like each other nonetheless I gotta respect what you did for this community. Tyranny? Yeah I think thats exactly what we needed when the community was at their breaking point. You did your job and you did it great. This community slowly became a better place because of you so yeah... Thank you.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
While we didn't always meet eye to eye I felt that you were trying very hard at times and I can't say my entire experience with you has been black nor white, lol. I hope you succeed in whatever you choose to do with your life moving award and you can drop by from time to time to slap Reje around like he deserves.

Congratulations, of course, go to the current
1606899233563.png
and TonyFlygon I hope you can make Ubers great!

Last edited:
Thank you for everything you've done for Ubers and good luck with whatever you set your sights on from here, Nayrz. I know a little bit about trying to do what's best for your section only to get shit on in return, so I have nothing but respect for what you managed to do these last few years. Ubers is my first and true love as far as Smogon formats go and getting back into it this year has been nothing but a blast, which I have to credit you for in large part. This tier had to overcome a bad reputation more than any other has ever had to in the history of this website, and yet here we are. You made it happen. Ignore the haters that are glad you're moving on to better things and look back on the difference you've made with pride, because you've earned it and then some. We'll take it from here. Edgar, it's time. Better late than never, right?

Thanks for what you've done for Ubers Nayrz , we didn't always agree but i'm convinced you did your best to improve the tier, especially during the "dark hours" of Ubers. You are part of what Ubers is today, and you will always be. GL for your plans in the future.
And of course you don't leave the tier in the Unknown, no doubt Icemaster and TonyFlygon will continue to "make Ubers great again". Welcome lads, congrats and GL HF.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
While we didn't always meet eye to eye I felt that you were trying very hard at times and I can't say my entire experience with you has been black nor white, lol. I hope you succeed in whatever you choose to do with your life moving award and you can drop by from time to time to slap Reje around like he deserves.
same, reje can be substituted for exiline if he isn't banned when you drop by

you were the best tier leader option for the times and did pretty well considering everyone hated you and everyone hated ubers and everyone hated where ubers was going

gl with what the future holds for you

Thank you for everything you've done for Ubers and good luck with whatever you set your sights on from here, Nayrz. I know a little bit about trying to do what's best for your section only to get shit on in return, so I have nothing but respect for what you managed to do these last few years. Ubers is my first and true love as far as Smogon formats go and getting back into it this year has been nothing but a blast, which I have to credit you for in large part. This tier had to overcome a bad reputation more than any other has ever had to in the history of this website, and yet here we are. You made it happen. Ignore the haters that are glad you're moving on to better things and look back on the difference you've made with pride, because you've earned it and then some. We'll take it from here. Edgar, it's time. Better late than never, right?
Congratulations, very happy to see you climbing the ranks, you greatly deserve it!

p.s. Nayrz , I still remember we got nominated for ladybug at the same time, you've done this tier a great service. Nothing but respect for you my guy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)