Past Gens Analysis Reservation Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somerandomplayerok

Banned deucer.
At the time NU wasn't a supported tier, so every pokemon got an analysis to reflect what they did in their "best" tier, which was then UU
Some of them do have NU analyses rn but it's mostly the relevant mons
Any plans to make analyses for all pokemon in the tier?

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ideally, yes, but it probably won't happen. There's few/no people with the combination of (a) experience in the metagame, (b) desire to write analyses for past gens, and (c) enough free time to actually do it. I'm hoping to get through at least the top 10-ish Pokemon eventually, and hopefully a few others where the UU analysis doesn't exist or doesn't match what the Pokemon does in NU (like Rhydon, Floatzel, and Camerupt), but I'll be lucky to get that far. Luckily, for most of the less relevant Pokemon the UU sets on site are reasonably accurate for NU most of the time, unlike for ADV NU where most of the old analyses were completely irrelevant.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
I would like to reserve Magneton (A-) and / or Wynaut (D) both for ADV Ubers. I also want to steal ADV Spinda and / or Duskull from Oglemi for ADV NU; I think he wanted to pass some of those out if I'm not mistaken.

I'll take GSC Pikachu since aaron dropped it
That's fine, just know GSC NU analyses are still on hold as the tier might be changing shortly (and Pikachu itself could potentially be banned).
I would like to reserve Magneton (A-) and / or Wynaut (D) both for ADV Ubers. I also want to steal ADV Spinda and / or Duskull from Oglemi for ADV NU; I think he wanted to pass some of those out if I'm not mistaken.
I'm fine with the first two. Tagging Oglemi for the latter part of your request.
I'm reserving Gen6 PU Hypno on behalf of the PU qc team. Since the blanket bp ban in gen6, all of hypno's analysis and sets are now no longer legal and it's been deemed that a new analysis is necessary
Sounds good, ya.

phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader
If I'm still allowed to reserve, may I reserve Diglett? For Gen 5 OU.

Last edited:

phosphor

B101 Leader
Gonna say no, unless there's a genuinely competitive niche for it in the format.
It's not just a competitive niche dude, it's an important BW pokemon I'd be lucky to be considered qualified to write the analysis of. Even though Dugtrio has been banned, Diglett can still consistently remove Tar Heatran Drill Chansey and Blissey with the right set and spread Zone non-fat Jirachi (who runs 317+ speed Jirachi?) and Tentacruel 70% of the time, along with removing Tkion if full health+ sash. It saw a lot of use in WCoP IIRC and even in the Dugtrio ban thread they're already considering extending it to Diglett because it does more of the same. It sees use very high up on the BW ladder if that ladder is still relevant.

Granted it's much worse, it can't sneak in a hit on low health grounded pokemon below 120 speed anymore, and 209 attack is useless outside of assassination, but it's great.

Please consider.

It's not just a competitive niche dude, it's an important BW pokemon I'd be lucky to be considered qualified to write the analysis of. Even though Dugtrio has been banned, Diglett can still consistently remove Tar Heatran Drill Chansey and Blissey with the right set and spread Zone non-fat Jirachi (who runs 317+ speed Jirachi?) and Tentacruel 70% of the time, along with removing Tkion if full health+ sash. It saw a lot of use in WCoP IIRC and even in the Dugtrio ban thread they're already considering extending it to Diglett because it does more of the same. It sees use very high up on the BW ladder if that ladder is still relevant.

Granted it's much worse, it can't sneak in a hit on low health grounded pokemon below 120 speed anymore, and 209 attack is useless outside of assassination, but it's great.

Please consider.
Fair enough, approved

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Actually nvm.

I think Dugtrio needs an XY analysis now. It would just be a psuedo-analysis, and I doubt anyone really wants to write about it otherwise.

Jellicent ?

Welcome again;
As i saw that my previous review had a lot of success (in a quite hilarous way and i honestly don't know why), i would like to order other pokes. Those are:
- G1 Caterpie
- G1 Diglett
- G1 Doduo

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Would like to reserve Nasty Plot Monferno for ORAS PU, which fairly recently had a good showing during PUPL IV.

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Welcome again;
As i saw that my previous review had a lot of success (in a quite hilarous way and i honestly don't know why), i would like to order other pokes. Those are:
- G1 Caterpie
- G1 Diglett
- G1 Doduo
No, as Jellicent told you earlier, this won't be happening. My post in your Magikarp thread was not of encouragement, I locked it and threw it in the dumpster because it doesn't have a place here or onsite. Please stop bringing this up.

phosphor

B101 Leader
I want to reserve Lapras for BW OU. It's still B- in the viability thread, it might see some use despite losing Dugtrio support, and people should at least know what it does (cheesetrapping mons with perish song+ block+ hydrarest+ thunder) so that they don't get cheesed by it

Would a Meganium revamp be possible for GSC OU? It has a small skeleton already in the Smogon dex but it can be fleshed out a lot more + swords dance should be removed since I don't think that's a thing anymore? Also, Meganium is UUBL so it can't get one for UU. It's a pretty niche mon in general but it fills a few roles pretty effectively, I think it's worthy of having a proper analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)