Past Gens Analysis Reservation Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I pick up Wailord and Tropius for ADV NU? I can also grab Vigoroth down the line just as a heads up.

edit: ill just get vigoroth now if its cool
Sneasel isn't on the ADV VR for NU, but it says its NU here: https://www.smogon.com/dex/rs/pokemon/sneasel/uu/ Either way, I would like to reserve it.

EDIT: I also want ADV NU Volbeat
Yeah, fairly certain Sneasel is UU, but tagging Oglemi for these
Thanks for taking the time to reply and more importantly answer me. I tried to do an review for Magicarp ( https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/magicarp-lc-qc-x-3.3636997/#post-7815149 ), and apparently, apart the fact that it got locked, Oglemi him(her ?)self found it funny (in the previous link you can see that) and i'm in no doubt that at least one other person did.

Jokes, boot-licking and chatting aside, i would like to reserve Spinarak G2 (and LC, but that isn't to be presised yet). first of all, because i have an intimate link with this particuliar pokemon, making me know a lot more than the usual PU mook. Secondly, and somewhat inked with the first one... Am i the only on to even care about this pokemon ?
I don't think a GSC LC Spinarak analysis is worthwhile, tbh. There are no other GSC LC analyses, and we'd want at least all of the major mons covered before uploading them. Spinarak is also pretty terrible in GSC LC (low speed, poor defenses, poor typing, doesn't really get a chance to do anything), so it'd be a very low priority. Is there any particular set it can even pull off well?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
This is apparently a mistake: Sneasel is classified as UU on Showdown and it's a "C Rank top" in the UU VRs (at the same level as Magmar or Stantler, which are two official UUs). There are other small errors of the same type: Persian and Rapidash are classified as UU in DP and BW (while they are NU) and Jellicent is classified as NU in XY (while it's RU).
Fixed these, looks like someone edited in a bunch of GSC NUs and messed things up a bit.

Can I pick up Wailord and Tropius for ADV NU? I can also grab Vigoroth down the line just as a heads up.

edit: ill just get vigoroth now if its cool
I would actually like Tropius but ya go ahead with Wailord and Vigoroth, as long as you're cool with doing the fkn 5 or 6 sets Vig is going to have

ah, can i do Bayleef as a screens setter / bulky grass? its actually not bad since pure grass and good ground resist and i assumed it had an analysis already. Loudred is also another NFE without an analysis but it has one of the best movepools in the game and also makes for a good Baton Pass chain recipient because of Soundproof.

(i also want to make a joke analysis for kakuna but that might be a stretch)

There are 3 ROA sample teams I have for GSC NU that have Pikachu on them, and one with Mr. Mime, and I don't remember them being particularly overpowered in any sense. However, I asked Sage about those Pokemon specifically and he said that Lavos and himself tested both of both of them are worthy of being UU themselves. He said that they are "solid vs a lot of big threats but are hard to team build with".

Mr. Mime and Pikachu probably should not be NU. See their placement on the GSC UU VR:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gsc-uu-viability-ranking-thread.3636234/

Pidgeot probably would be.

But this is all to say until GSC UU/NU is delineated more clearly with actual official tier divisions that make sense, there probably shouldn't be any analyses going on site in my opinion.

Jellicent
GSC NU's pretty well-developed. It's been in a decent number of tours over the years, featured as a rotational ladder twice, and has the NU Old Gens Hub and an RoA discussion thread as resources already.

Those two probably shouldn't be NU (they're both S-rank at the moment), but they have been for a while now. Pika at least has Duggy to watch for, but Mime's pretty dominant. Granted, still probably not as bad as OU Lax :P
GSC NU is formatted on Smogdex https://www.smogon.com/dex/gs/formats/nu/ Can we reserve GSC NU Pokemon for analyses? If so, I want Mr. Mime and Pikachu
I'm cool with reservations starting, but I'd rather get the major mons (S and A, at least) all covered before uploading. It would be weird to just have a couple NU analyses up, especially since UU mons mostly (all?) just have OU analyses...
Can i reserve Anorith

I'll try to write it properly.
Assuming you're talking about ADV LC, gonna say no for now. There aren't any other ADV LC analyses at the moment, and we'd need all the major mons covered before giving an analysis to Anorith.
ah, can i do Bayleef as a screens setter / bulky grass? its actually not bad since pure grass and good ground resist and i assumed it had an analysis already. Loudred is also another NFE without an analysis but it has one of the best movepools in the game and also makes for a good Baton Pass chain recipient because of Soundproof.

Will tag Oglemi for this cuz ADV NU ~(^.^)~

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
I'm cool with reservations starting, but I'd rather get the major mons (S and A, at least) all covered before uploading. It would be weird to just have a couple NU analyses up, especially since UU mons mostly (all?) just have OU analyses...
Is “S and A ranks” in reference to GSC UU or NU? Are you basically saying you want to start GSC UU mons first? If you meant UU I want Slowbro, which is S. If you meant NU, I still want Pikachu and Mr. Mime.

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

I looked at those two and wasn't convinced one way or the other so I passed over them, if you want to I won't stop you I guess lol

apokemontrainer68

Banned deucer.
GSC NU's pretty well-developed. It's been in a decent number of tours over the years, featured as a rotational ladder twice, and has the NU Old Gens Hub and an RoA discussion thread as resources already.

Those two probably shouldn't be NU (they're both S-rank at the moment), but they have been for a while now. Pika at least has Duggy to watch for, but Mime's pretty dominant. Granted, still probably not as bad as OU Lax :P

Assuming you're talking about ADV LC, gonna say no for now. There aren't any other ADV LC analyses at the moment, and we'd need all the major mons covered before giving an analysis to Anorith.

Will tag Oglemi for this cuz ADV NU ~(^.^)~
Anorith is a part (well kinda) of ADV NU btw.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I mean that's kinda the problem lol. GSC NU started ad hoc and picked and chose its own mons apparently without regards to what's actually good in GSC UU (at least with respect to Pikachu and Mr. Mime). That's not how an unofficial old gen low tier before usage stats existed should be made. Not really an argument for the C&C forum, but analyses going up on site reinforces it all.

Is “S and A ranks” in reference to GSC UU or NU? Are you basically saying you want to start GSC UU mons first? If you meant UU I want Slowbro, which is S. If you meant NU, I still want Pikachu and Mr. Mime.
It's in reference to NU, I'm saying I want S and A rank covered before actually uploading them. So Pika and Mime cover S, just leaves the A rank mons to go through.
Does it fill any competitive niche worth utilizing?
I mean that's kinda the problem lol. GSC NU started ad hoc and picked and chose its own mons apparently without regards to what's actually good in GSC UU (at least with respect to Pikachu and Mr. Mime). That's not how an unofficial old gen low tier before usage stats existed should be made. Not really an argument for the C&C forum, but analyses going up on site reinforces it all.
I mean, the GSC lower tier lists we adopted are the Mt Silver ones. The playerbase for old gens lower tiers at the time was pretty tiny, so it's more a result of less experimentation with the format. If you want to discuss potentially revamping that, I'd be fine with a thread in RoA to gauge the playerbase's thoughts. If there's actual interest from the folks that play it, we could use a rotational ladder to test things out (August's staff's pick is gonna be GSC.)

I mean, the GSC lower tier lists we adopted are the Mt Silver ones. The playerbase for old gens lower tiers at the time was pretty tiny, so it's more a result of less experimentation with the format. If you want to discuss potentially revamping that, I'd be fine with a thread in RoA to gauge the playerbase's thoughts. If there's actual interest from the folks that play it, we could use a rotational ladder to test things out (August's staff's pick is gonna be GSC.)
Anorith is really bad in ADV NU, but it already has an analysis in progress by Oglemi
It's in reference to NU, I'm saying I want S and A rank covered before actually uploading them. So Pika and Mime cover S, just leaves the A rank mons to go through.
In that case I'll pick up Dugtrio and Dewgong to speed up that process if thats alright with you (my other 5 analysis from adv nu are all in qc just waiting for oglemi).

Oh Excadrill BW for OU needs an analysis? I'll take that if that's possible. Moreover i'll also create an SD set for zoroark BW UU.
Hey man, how does your excadrill analysis proceed? Just asking, after all seven months passed and I'd be genuinely interested in taking over, since I've already made some sort of draft.

Mighty Rising Ace, do you still plan on doing BW Exca? We do need to get that analysis up, so I'm just gonna give it to Zard if you don't respond soon.
Actually yeah just give it to Zard. I got some feedback on the Zoroark a while ago. The thread was sooooo idle I completely forgot I reserved it. Please advise what do I do with my Zoro analysis btw from now on.

Actually yeah just give it to Zard. I got some feedback on the Zoroark a while ago. The thread was sooooo idle I completely forgot I reserved it. Please advise what do I do with my Zoro analysis btw from now on.
There's no formal QC team, so I'll just tag some folks that might have input to add.

Also tagging Zard97, you're good to go~

BTW I want to add a nasty plot set for crobat BW UU. Crobat managed to get nasty plot via egg and it actually has it's share of niche moments. I hope I can work on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)